More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 06:39:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack  (Read 116443 times)
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack
« Reply #75 on: 2009 November 19, 16:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not rude here - simply because, as the custom of this place, it is acceptable.

What is never acceptable is demand someone who is giving you something for FREE deliver it at your tiimetable.
babs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 November 19, 17:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so you must be a child or something, noobtard!! Was I demanding the update?? I dont recall DEMANDING anything! I asked, politely when it would be updated! I understand it will take awile Pescado! Thanks for your hard work!!

Anyways, after taking out the AM, things seem to work fine, but the woohootryforbaby mod, is the culprit in no interactions, I figured out. Which sucks, cause I like that mod too!
Thanks for everyones advice though, I do apprecieate it.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 November 19, 17:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so you must be a child or something, noobtard!! Was I demanding the update?? I dont recall DEMANDING anything! I asked, politely when it would be updated! I understand it will take awile Pescado! Thanks for your hard work!!

Anyways, after taking out the AM, things seem to work fine, but the woohootryforbaby mod, is the culprit in no interactions, I figured out. Which sucks, cause I like that mod too!
Thanks for everyones advice though, I do apprecieate it.

You know, your poor grasp of spelling and grammar rather suggest that you are the noobtard here. You're certainly very, umm, expressive in your typing. I can just pciture you, sat at your mum's computer, raging at MATY for being SO MEAN. Work those exclamation marks! That'll teach us.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Doomthefox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 November 19, 17:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sooze, babs. You both.
Please, stop this freaking clawing already. Thank you.

There is much more important things to talk about.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 November 19, 17:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already gave a time frame: Real Soon Now(tm).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Doomthefox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 November 19, 17:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOOW! ©
Nice to hear that, El Presidente. Good luck.
soozelwoozel
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 November 19, 18:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sooze, babs. You both.
Please, stop this freaking clawing already. Thank you.

There is are much more important things to talk about.

Errm what now? How is a spot of light tard sporking getting in the way of Pescado updating Awesomemod? You clearly need to LURK MOAR Doomthefox. The spork is an intrinsic part of MATY culture. There is a simple way to avoid being sporked: try not to act like a moron. But yeah, do go on. What utterly riveting and oh-so-important thing were you going to talk about?

Doomthefox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 November 19, 18:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you tell me in a much slightly way that i'm a moron, ok? Why should you consider with my thoughts then?
And yes, i'm giving no shi~ about any "cultures" and such. Just telling words i want to tell, trying not to break the rules. Not like it, not like me? It's your choice.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 November 19, 18:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno... I am pretty sure I need popcorn to watch this thread...really entertaining stuff here.

tilton
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 November 19, 18:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you tell me in a much slightly way that i'm a moron, ok?

I'm pretty sure you declared yourself a moron when you wrote this message.  Research grammar in google first before posting.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 November 19, 18:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is ESL with a side of retardation.
captaincaliena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 November 19, 19:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*borrows bottle of rum from PMBD*

I love stupidity.  It makes me squeal with joy.

My guess is ESL with a side of retardation.

I would also add "dementia" to that equation.  That would explain the memory loss of MATY'S "Get the fuck out" theme.
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 November 19, 19:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that mods are loaded from both the base game mod directory and the WA mod directory if you set it up (as opposed to only loading from the WA mod directory). It also appears that certain items like cloths have to remain in the base game mod directory in order to be loaded, while tuning mods and the sliders have to be in the WA mod directory. The cloths and other things probably can load from the WA mod directory, but when I tested it I had mods broken up in folders based on types, and that doesn't seem to work anymore as even when I was using the same .cfg files I had to dump everything into the mod/packages/ folder. Tuning  and slider mods definitely require that they be in the WA mod/packages directory though as everyone that I tested only worked after moving them there.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 November 19, 20:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These issues are being discussed at length over at CrazyTown.  People are reporting success with a new placement of files (framework, resource.cfg and d3dx9_31.dll), as explained in the first post in the thread, as well as changes to the Resource.cfg if needed.

The link to this thread is here:  http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=3567&st=0

I do not even have the expansion (yet, if at all) so personally have not tried it.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
sheep_plushi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 November 19, 21:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I luckily cannot afford the EP yet so I will patiently wait for Pescado to remove the pesky bugs that EA packed with the EP ^^.

Off topic, does anyone know if AM is working with the new 1.7.9 patch? I don't want to download it and find out it's not...

I park on your car.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 November 19, 21:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work with 1.6.6. Use logic to find an answer.
sheep_plushi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 November 19, 21:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll ignore the smartassedness and state my confusion. I don't know about 1.6.6. My game is only currently at 1.4.6 and that I know of I haven't been ignoring an update notice every time I've started... (except recently of course) So, being that I don't have 1.6.6 and therefore didn't know that it didn't work with 1.6.6... I'll leave it there.

I park on your car.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 November 19, 21:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already gave a time frame: Real Soon Now(tm).

El Presidente, are you interested in bugs encountered while playing WA? I don't think it has anything to do with AM incompatibility issues as I was careful to remove everything before install.
I'm just asking, in case it's of use. If not, no worries.

INTP.
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 November 19, 21:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll ignore the smartassedness and state my confusion. I don't know about 1.6.6. My game is only currently at 1.4.6 and that I know of I haven't been ignoring an update notice every time I've started... (except recently of course) So, being that I don't have 1.6.6 and therefore didn't know that it didn't work with 1.6.6... I'll leave it there.

1.6.6 came out a few days ago, and now they have 1.7.4 which does nothing but attempt to fix the savegame borkedness. 1.6.6 has thoroughly broken most if not all the mods so it's pretty obvious that 1.7.4 is still doing the same and there are at least a dozen posts about 1.6.6 and AM not working. I'll be amazed if there are no rude remarks as response to your post due to this fact.
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 November 19, 23:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol I installed World Adventures and took out AwesomeMod so I could play it, the only only only only problem I have encountered is when I tell my sim who is a writer to write a new book, he will just stand by the computer, and the thing from the que will disappear. That is the single problem I have found. Yay for me!

By the way, for everyone who has the error code 16 problem when trying to save, I hear it comes from the World Adventures and the new Sims 3 patch, and although it has been said before how to solve it, it is not as difficult as others make it.  Start up your Sims game, load the family that you were getting the code 16 on, click "Save As...", rename your save file to something completely different from what it was before, and after that you are fine.  You should be able to use Save and Save and Quit again.  This is because the new expansion saves the files in a new format or something, but if you use the Save As once and change the files name, it should never have a problem again.

By the way, I love the new mod.  Although I cant seem to find a better camera than those crappy dispossible ones, and the fact that if you try to use the basement tool on a house that already has a foundation...it can turn into a pretty big hassle...like really big hassle.  But all in all, it's fun as hell going to the different locations and exploring the tombs, its funny to see Sims sparing together, and who doesn't love fucking bitches from round the world? Lol.

Cant wait for the AM for WA though!  How else will I give my sims all there extrodinary traits back.  And lets be honest, I always gotta make sure that a woman's sleeping attire is nude, otherwise when they come up from under the sheets after I bukakke them, it makes me feel sad to see them with there bra still on...DOES MY SIM NOT LIKE DA BOOBIES!?

Lol and either one of the patches or the expansion pack has fixed my problem with my custom music being extremely quiet on the stereo! awesome!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 November 19, 23:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, for everyone who has the error code 16 problem when trying to save, I hear it comes from the World Adventures and the new Sims 3 patch, and although it has been said before how to solve it, it is not as difficult as others make it.  Start up your Sims game, load the family that you were getting the code 16 on, click "Save As...", rename your save file to something completely different from what it was before, and after that you are fine. 

There is an even easier way to fix that problem, update again.  Patch 1.7 was released to fix the save issue.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 November 20, 00:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That 1.7/2.2 patch has actually corrupted my saves somehow as it no longer gives a thumbnail in the load game screen, though that could be a result of doing the save as.. thingy to save to another file. I can't wait for AM to be working again so it will kill some of this queue dropping nonsense. I had forgotten that vanilla Sims 3 drops queue actions after only a second or two of the pathing being blocked/invalid, which happens a lot, especially now in the new WA areas.
soozelwoozel
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 November 20, 00:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you tell me in a much slightly way that i'm a moron, ok? Why should you consider with my thoughts then?
And yes, i'm giving no shi~ about any "cultures" and such. Just telling words i want to tell, trying not to break the rules. Not like it, not like me? It's your choice.

Actually, I didn't call you a moron. I was referring to my previous sporkage, which you took umbrage against. But eh, if the cap fits why not wear it?

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 November 20, 01:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That 1.7/2.2 patch has actually corrupted my saves somehow as it no longer gives a thumbnail in the load game screen, though that could be a result of doing the save as.. thingy to save to another file. I can't wait for AM to be working again so it will kill some of this queue dropping nonsense. I had forgotten that vanilla Sims 3 drops queue actions after only a second or two of the pathing being blocked/invalid, which happens a lot, especially now in the new WA areas.

You might be right about the save as thing.  I am at 1.7 and the thumbnails work fine, but I didn't use save as with 1.6 as I didn't have time to play it to check things out before 1.7 came out.

I have just spent a little time working out which mods were preventing my sims from interacting, and I found two.  One which I expected to fail, and the second, in hindsight, I can see why it probably failed.

The "Ask if Single is friendly" mod prevented interactions, I am guessing because 1.6 and WA added all the new interactions between sims, it probably altered the coding this mod was tweaking.  The other one was Darkpools Taboo lite mod, which I actually expected to crash the game as it wasn't updated last time I checked, but the game started, but it stopped interactions between sims.

I am just using my time, with a new game, to experiment and have a look around until AM is updated, then I'll go into one of my saved games and keep playing, knowing more about the new additions and what WA has.

All my other mods seem to be working fine, including Delpy's Breast Sliders.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Summer_Topaz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 November 20, 02:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh

Really quick question: if I uninstall the mod to play until the fix comes out, and I had it set to allow overstuffing, will sims # 9+ in my house disappear? My sim has a lot of children, and is pregnant. I don't want her youngest kids to vanish, and I don't want to have her give birth to a nothing.

Also, registering for a username on this forum is idiotic? 11 meters per second should count just the same as 24 mph for swallow airspeed velocity. *twitch*

ST
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: