More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 06:11:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack  (Read 116720 times)
jenreth
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Warning message
« Reply #50 on: 2009 November 19, 02:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed patch 166, and have been looking for the last hour for a way to uninstall that patch so I can install 146. Can anyone give me a head start? The pixels are starting to hyptotise me.

Apparently the answer is somewhere in http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350186 but my google skills are not awesome enough. Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 November 19, 02:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You will have to reinstall.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kjs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 November 19, 02:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh thank god it worked!
Thanks for that link jenreth

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
babs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 November 19, 02:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to sound too impatient here, but...when is the version of the awesome mod that is compatible with the latest patch be available? I stupidly installed the patch upon being prompted to when I launched my game, not thinking about the mods I have installed!! I seem to have fixed things, (without having to reinstall my game) but had to let go of awesome mod!
Nightwish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod and Expansion Pack not compatible
« Reply #54 on: 2009 November 19, 02:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(...)
You can't have a folder with the same name as a file in the same folder in Windows. Fundamental.

As long as file don't have extension (or directory have the same extension in name as file does). Extension is treated as part of name of file.
Beacuse directory is a file with +d attribute (for those, who don't know). Suprise? Ha! I don't explain how it's possible, in this place. Who want know more ==> google.com  Cool
Heavenlyrose
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: DUH! Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack or patch!
« Reply #55 on: 2009 November 19, 04:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man, I can't wait for the expansion pack-compatible version of AM.  I am seriously missing the "maxmotives" cheat.....

Traveling is great, but not when you spend 3/4 of the sim's day just trying to satisfy basic needs.

Rose
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 November 19, 05:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to sound too impatient here, but...when is the version of the awesome mod that is compatible with the latest patch be available? I stupidly installed the patch upon being prompted to when I launched my game, not thinking about the mods I have installed!! I seem to have fixed things, (without having to reinstall my game) but had to let go of awesome mod!

It will be done when it's done.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17244.msg500198.html#msg500198
SimmyNik
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 November 19, 05:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man, I can't wait for the expansion pack-compatible version of AM.  I am seriously missing the "maxmotives" cheat.....

Traveling is great, but not when you spend 3/4 of the sim's day just trying to satisfy basic needs.

Rose

Ever hear of testingcheatsenabled true.  I know it's nice to have AM do it for you, but type it in your self and click on the old mailbox or raise the bars yourself. 

Sincerely missing AM, soooooo lost without it.
anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 November 19, 06:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enjoy seeing the difference of playing without the cheat first to see how awesome the mod is.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 November 19, 07:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to sound too impatient here, but...when is the version of the awesome mod that is compatible with the latest patch be available?

How long is a piece of string?  It will be done when it's done. 

I'll be glad when Pescado finally gets it out so we don't keep getting these stupid "when will it be done" posts.  They are as annoying as the "Why did my AM expire" posts.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 November 19, 07:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are we there yet?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
babs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 November 19, 10:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people on here seriously need to take a pill!!!
babs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 November 19, 10:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only asked cause some other mods HAVE been updated to be compatible with the patch already!!
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 November 19, 10:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only asked cause some other mods HAVE been updated to be compatible with the patch already!!
Yes, some other mods have been updated.  The main difference between AwesomeMod and those other mods is that AM is a core mod, which overrides virtually the entire EA core.  As such, and taking into consideration that even the tools to accomplish this task need to be revamped, it will naturally take longer than it will to update other (more minor/non-core/lesser) mods.  But, as ever, Pescado is on it.

Also, please don't double post.  You can use the "modify" button on your original post to add additional comments/content.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 November 19, 10:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people on here seriously need to take a pill!!!

'Are we there yet' is the quintessential question children ask on a journey. I was making a mockery, oh slowish one.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 November 19, 11:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if we had moar WITCHY POOFS in grah...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 November 19, 12:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried WA without AM and it works (but I'm waiting for the update), but the game has a huge mistake. Sims don't have options on each other, just on objects.
Can it be caused by uninstalling AM? Or it's another mod related?
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 November 19, 13:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're running a previous save game, then it'll almost certainly be down you removing AM. If it's a new game though, it could be another mod, or knowing EA's craptacular programming skillz, the patch didn't take properly.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
dramiett
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 November 19, 14:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried WA without AM and it works (but I'm waiting for the update), but the game has a huge mistake. Sims don't have options on each other, just on objects.

I had that issue and if I'm recalling correctly I fixed it by removing the breast slider mod.
Augustv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 November 19, 15:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry about it Babs.  It's completely reasonable that you are asking this question.  See, some people jump all over others for not having as much knowledge of the inner workings of mods as they do for what reason I have no idea.  Some people just don't know as much about computers as others and it's actually normal.  Being rude to someone for asking a question about mods because they don't know much about them would be like me getting ticked off because someone doesn't know how to take a blood pressure.  Of course I'm a nurse and they aren't, so why would they.  Get the point?  If you have questions about the mod feel free to ask and just ignore the ignorance of those who believe everyone should have equal knowledge of all things.

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 November 19, 15:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry about it Babs.  It's completely reasonable that you are asking this question.  See, some people jump all over others for not having as much knowledge of the inner workings of mods as they do for what reason I have no idea.  Some people just don't know as much about computers as others and it's actually normal.  Being rude to someone for asking a question about mods because they don't know much about them would be like me getting ticked off because someone doesn't know how to take a blood pressure.  Of course I'm a nurse and they aren't, so why would they.  Get the point?  If you have questions about the mod feel free to ask and just ignore the ignorance of those who believe everyone should have equal knowledge of all things.

OK Nurse Dickcheese.  Got that everyone?  Feel free to proudly state your ignorance in any number of ways.  Then please feel free to ignore the resulting rudeness.

As a harbinger of rude, I will first offer these kind words.  This is MATY.  You do not like it?  You can get the fuck out.  

Stat.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 19, 16:08:43 by snowbawl » Logged
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 November 19, 16:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that issue and if I'm recalling correctly I fixed it by removing the breast slider mod.

The breast slider mod shouldn't cause this effect, though it is quite possible that the breast slider mod in combination with another incompatible mod caused it and removing the breast slider mod somehow made the other incompatible mod less problematic. The mods that I found caused this problem guaranteed (even when they were by themselves) was the old version of the supercomputer, and the teenpregnancy tuning mod, but there are probably plenty more since I don't use all that many mods besides AM. It's probably a good idea to play WA without any mods for a while just so you know what is meant to be there and what isn't, and then add mods a few (or one) at a time.

I've found that for some reason when using WA I can no longer put mods in folders deeper then the Mods/Packages/ folder even with the .cfg file set up for it, so it looks like even the mod framework will need a bit of tweaking for WA. Hopefully further expansions that will inevitably be released won't cause this much of a problem with mods after everything has been fixed to handle WA (it's like Sims 2 Pets all over again).
babs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack
« Reply #72 on: 2009 November 19, 16:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK Nurse Dickcheese.  Got that everyone?  Feel free to proudly state your ignorance in any number of ways.  Then please feel free to ignore the resulting rudeness.

As a harbinger of rude, I will first offer these kind words.  This is MATY.  You do not like it?  You can get the fuck out. 

Stat.

OMG!!  What is wrong with you!!!  I cant believe how RUDE some of you people are!! You seriously have problems man!!
KevinGoth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 November 19, 16:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only Hair, Clothes, And Makeup mods work on my expansion
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 November 19, 16:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!!  What is wrong with you!!!  I cant believe how RUDE some of you people are!! You seriously have problems man!!

A lesson in rude for you, Babbles:

Is it not rude to enter a forum demanding that you be given a time frame for a game fix?  How presumptuous of you.  Are you paying Pescado to fix your game?  No, you are not.  So quit your yapping and patiently wait like the rest of the non-lamers.

Also, you are exhibiting quote fail, n00btard.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: