More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 14:33:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack  (Read 116735 times)
Augustv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack
« on: 2009 November 18, 04:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just bought the new expansion pack and the only time it works is when I uninstall awesomemod.  So I'm guessing it's not compatible yet.  Do we have an ETA on when this will be done?  I don't even think I want to play it without the mod since I don't really like the game much witout it lol

Thanks all.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 19, 15:45:34 by Augustv » Logged
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod and Expansion Pack not compatible
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 18, 04:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Longer than 12 hours after release, most likely. Sheesh.

INFP or something
Augustv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 18, 04:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol I figured, I was just wondering if there was a date out.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 18, 05:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to create an entirely new utility just to MAKE it compatible, so expect it to take awhile. The first expansion shakedown will be the hardest, and the task will likely go faster next expansion when the infrastructure is laid down.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dire Weasel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 18, 05:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone who previously installed awesomemod, but now removed it due to the expansion pack, have any problems like the sims are frozen and do not move, or an infinite number of burglars spawning at your house, doing nothing, waiting until the burglar music theme ends, and then spawns another? My game shat itself when there were about twenty burglars at my house. (My computer sucks balls)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 18, 06:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, yeah. You remember when I mentioned "Once you go AwesomeMod, you can't go back?". That's one of the potential gotchas.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 18, 06:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to create an entirely new utility just to MAKE it compatible, so expect it to take awhile. The first expansion shakedown will be the hardest, and the task will likely go faster next expansion when the infrastructure is laid down.

Well, I'll start the cheering section. I can't wait for you to issue a WA-compadible version (although I totally get that it's going to take a while). I've been playing today without AM and I MISS IT.
Just wanted to say thank you, Pescado, for all your hard work on this. I'm looking forward to a return to sanity when the new version comes out.

INTP.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 18, 06:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, yeah. You remember when I mentioned "Once you go AwesomeMod, you can't go back?". That's one of the potential gotchas.
Lol, heres me thinking that was a joke.
What if you start a new hood?
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 18, 09:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yea, i spent all day trying to figure out why my World Adventures wasn't working, and just now I finally saw someone on another site say that awesomemod wasn't compatiable with it.  Ugh, I took out AM, but I am reinstalling WA, I hope that my game doesn't mess up too bad like the other guy said.  Good luck getting the utility working!  Free sexual gifts if you do it faster! But if it takes too long, I'll just give ya a high-five or thumbs up, no oral after that point lol
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 18, 10:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yea, i spent all day trying to figure out why my World Adventures wasn't working, and just now I finally saw someone on another site say that awesomemod wasn't compatiable with it.  Ugh, I took out AM, but I am reinstalling WA, I hope that my game doesn't mess up too bad like the other guy said.  Good luck getting the utility working!  Free sexual gifts if you do it faster! But if it takes too long, I'll just give ya a high-five or thumbs up, no oral after that point lol

WTF? You must be one of those Pescado Fangirls. Please to be keeping your creepy fantasies to yourself.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 18, 10:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm, now you've mentioned that Pescado, I wonder if the problem I'm having is down to removing AM. Most (not all!) of the plots in my town are gone. Not empty, I mean not even the plot exists. Instead, there are just holes in the world, with blue underneath. I haven't tried a new game yet (I was kidn of hoping not to, but maybe it would be for the best, seeing as I lost ALL my relationships. Again, I don't know if that's a WA or AM problem).
AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 18, 11:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone who previously installed awesomemod, but now removed it due to the expansion pack, have any problems like the sims are frozen and do not move, or an infinite number of burglars spawning at your house, doing nothing, waiting until the burglar music theme ends, and then spawns another? My game shat itself when there were about twenty burglars at my house. (My computer sucks balls)

I knew the new EP would be incompatible with my fav mod, so prior to starting the game i made a back up of all my save games, in case the game acts weird. Apart from some glitches, everything runs cool without the awesomemod. I removed the supercomputer mod, the work pusher, and the homeworker as these most likely conflict with WA.
I'm looking at the awesomemod config tool now to see what exactly the awesome mod changes so i can know what glitches to expect. For example the mod makes the recepie books not disappear after they're read (magic scrools). I had that option on, so when i started the game, one of my sims that read a recepie book when i last saved from the base game had the interaction queue filled to infinity with read a book task and was holding nothing but thin air. My point is, expect glitches to occur where the mod made changes. But apart from some nuisances, it should be safe to save the game and keep on playing it till the WAAM comes out, but your best off backing up your save games prior to WA.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 18, 11:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Once you go AwesomeMod, you can't go back?".

Ain't that the truth

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
graycurse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 18, 12:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm, now you've mentioned that Pescado, I wonder if the problem I'm having is down to removing AM. Most (not all!) of the plots in my town are gone. Not empty, I mean not even the plot exists. Instead, there are just holes in the world, with blue underneath. I haven't tried a new game yet (I was kidn of hoping not to, but maybe it would be for the best, seeing as I lost ALL my relationships. Again, I don't know if that's a WA or AM problem).

I just began having that issue as well. Is this in Sunset Valley? Did you use Delphy's tool that converts the Sims3Pack files into the .package format? It seemed that Riverview was somehow overlaid on top of my usual Sunset Valley, and all the lots were blue and see-through. I removed all the Sims3Pack -> .package files, installed Riverview through the launcher, and now it works just fine.
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 18, 13:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would starting a new neighborhood fix the problems caused specifically from removing AM from the base game or is a fresh reinstall of the game required?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 18, 13:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new neighborhood should be clean. But your old neighborhood will have to be put on hold until it is done. Which should be Any Time Now(tm).

Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 18, 13:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just began having that issue as well. Is this in Sunset Valley? Did you use Delphy's tool that converts the Sims3Pack files into the .package format? It seemed that Riverview was somehow overlaid on top of my usual Sunset Valley, and all the lots were blue and see-through. I removed all the Sims3Pack -> .package files, installed Riverview through the launcher, and now it works just fine.

Yes, it is indeed Sunset Valley (I can never remember the name of the town!). I don't think I have used the tool you mentioned. Most of the time I will put the Sims3Pack files into the Downloads folder, then use the launcher to install them. The .package files get put into the Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder (although I'm not sure that is right. I am almost certain some of the files I put in there don't show up ingame.)

I have started a new game, and so far no problems.

Edit: Ah, thanks Pescado. Good to know.
bigpooh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 18, 13:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

good thing i spyed this thread, i havent played in months thanks to error code 13 then i read WA fixes that error but now i read AM aint compatible  Undecided so i guess i wont be playing for months again lol
VilVandor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 18, 14:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, i got only one problem after removing awesomemod: i canīt save -.-  (Code 16)
Gladly the "save as" option still works...
But once o removed the mod my sims act weird and chaotic as before... i hate it.

AND! i only updated my game... i dont even have the expansion pack installed because i wanted to wait for the updated version of awesomemod. But if i start the game with awesomemod in it, it will not start. Time to wait for me... the game isnt fun at all without the mod
(it took 5 minutes to a sim that my sim flirted on for a while now, and he had an old lady as girlfriend... damn 5 minutes!)

Any chance to get an email, when the new mod is ready? if so, please put me on the list Wink

Greetings from Germany
Augustv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 18, 15:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for getting back to us on this El Presidente.  I should have known it was going to take a while.  I just left my old neighborhood alone and started a new one.  The only problem I'm having now is the game is crashing to the desktop during build mode, which it didn't do before I installed the expansion pack.  It has nothing to do with Awesomemod though so I'll see what I can do to figure this out.

I miss awesomemod   /cry
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 18, 15:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance to get an email, when the new mod is ready?

Oh, honestly. How difficult is it to check a website? The less time Pescado has to spend telling people what he's doing, the more time he actually has to, you know, do it. It's funny how things work like that.

I sing along with elevator music.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 November 18, 15:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, i got only one problem after removing awesomemod: i canīt save -.-  (Code 16)
My good god, I don't know whether to laugh or cry....
nastar
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 November 18, 16:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are getting error code 16, just use "save as" for some reason using either "save" or "save and quit" both seem to give that error but "save as" does not(at least  on my game).
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 November 18, 17:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

game's not worth playing without AwesomeMod, if you ask me, so I am waiting patiently... I swears...well as patient as I ever get...

Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 November 18, 18:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are getting error code 16, just use "save as" for some reason using either "save" or "save and quit" both seem to give that error but "save as" does not(at least  on my game).

The solution by SimGuru at thesims3.com is to use Save as. EA is working on a solution as always. I guess the problem is as simple as this:
If you have a saved game from before the patch with the title Sunset valley it is in one simple file. When you save it after the patch a folder with the same name with several files in it will be created, not. You can't have a folder with the same name as a file in the same folder in Windows. Fundamental.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: