More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:47:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  90% of Sunset Valley lots gone after returning from vacation.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 90% of Sunset Valley lots gone after returning from vacation.  (Read 103059 times)
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: 90% of Sunset Valley lots gone after returning from vacation.
« Reply #50 on: 2009 November 20, 14:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am embarrassed about how much CC I have but so far Lemon Candy's clutter is the only thing when in my Mods folder to create blue lots.  I am also a huge fan of their stuff.  Some of the things from LC that I have were also extracted from the Sims 3, maybe something in that screws it up?  I have to go for a while so I can't test to find out yet.

I will have to contact LC to see if it messes up their game too.

UPDATE!!!!!

Lemon Candy's file group called Buyable WORKS
Lemon Candy's file group called Clutter WORKS

Lemon Candy's Indoor Plants BROKEN

I still have clutter and random objects to test.  Then I will go through the Indoor Plants and see what one or all are broken.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 20, 15:34:25 by slymenstra » Logged
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 November 20, 14:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death Jester are you running a completly mod/CC free game and still getting the Blue lots?  I have confirmed that lemoncandy's files are causing blue lots by running a CC free game with no problems, then placing a singe one of her plants and getting the blue screen.

If you are not running CC free, I would suggest you take everything out and run the game for a while, see what happens.  

Would you by any chance be using any other CC that was taken extracted out of Sims 2?  

I will try to test the pool thing to see if I can duplicate, as soon as I'm able, but I have to work today.  

Shadow - if this is indeed a problem with CC files it is not (in this single case) EA's fault.   There are plenty of things you can blame them for, but this may not be one of them.  

CC may be the problem now but the CC worked before the patch and now it doesn't. The patch screwed up the CC; the CC did not screw up the patch.

You are correct that the patch/EP has affected some CC.  But this is expected.  It has been happening since the days of Sims 1.  Not all CC/Mods will be compatible moving forward and some will need to be removed until the creator can update them.   EA cannot resonably be expected to test a patch/EP with the thousands of files of CC out there avaliable on hundreds of different websites.  

Now the fact they released a patch resulting in save errors.  THAT's something we can bash them on.  NOT applying new features of the patch EP like recolorability on stair and fences to their PREMIUM (snert) Store Content,  lets call that a screw up.   Or perhaps you're right and everthing is EA's fault and they evil, horrible, and all around stupid.    I just woke up and haven't had any coffee yet, so that's entirely possible too.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 November 20, 15:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll go with your last statement.  Grin  Go get some coffee. 

Taking out LC stuff helped the blue lots but not my freezing problem. That seems to be related to broken objects. The sim that broke the object immediately and permanently freezes.  Angry  Deleting or repairing does not help.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 November 20, 16:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death Jester are you running a completly mod/CC free game and still getting the Blue lots?  I have confirmed that lemoncandy's files are causing blue lots by running a CC free game with no problems, then placing a singe one of her plants and getting the blue screen.

If you are not running CC free, I would suggest you take everything out and run the game for a while, see what happens.  

Would you by any chance be using any other CC that was taken extracted out of Sims 2?  

No, I only removed the lemoncandy stuff. When you say 'mod/cc free', should I remove just the 'Mod' folder from Program Files, or the 'Downloads' folder from Documents too?
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 November 20, 16:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to really go now but my findings so far are files that start with lemonc_Indoorplants (It looks like all of them) are broken and causes blue pools.  I did not get very far to see if any of them are safe.  Broken for sure lemonc_IndoorPlants_VaseWhiteTulip.package.

The best way for you to test yourself is go on a lot place your CC objects on this lot then save as.  Go to main menu select a different save, load it, then go to main menu, reload your CC object testing save.  Blue pools?  Something in there is borked.  No blue pools? Looks like the objects are safe.

From now on it looks like we may have to test our objects before using them in our favorite hood since once you get blue pools the hood is ruined.  So always make back ups!!!  Test objects in another hood!

This is ONLY for the blue pools glitch.  God only knows what is glitching anything else up.  I haven't gotten that far.
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 November 20, 16:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death Jester - I'd try removing my whole Mods folder and try feeding back your CC in a bit at a time.   Just having the file in the Mods folder isn't causing the blue lots, it actually placing the object in a house in buy mode then saving the game and reentering.

I tested just adding a pool to a lot, saving and reentering and did not get blue lots. 

If you are positive you removed all lemon candy's items and are still getting blue lots, I will guess that there is other CC in your game that is also causing it.

Place a few CC items on a lot, Save As, go to main menu, reload neighborhood.  No blue lots?  That CC you just put in your house should be OK, Blue lots?  CC is borked. 

I have to go to work now... will be back later.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2009 November 20, 17:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to interject the current testing you guys are doing; I'm really interested but I thought I would share some recent tests of my own.

Firstly, I have WA and am patched up current (2.2.8.002002). Since there's no current AM, I won't be opening my current saves, except one that I don't care about. I'm using this save as my test. I also have a lot of Sims3Packs in my Downloads folder which I did not remove for any of the following tests.

Situation 1: Created new hood with all CC and Mods in (hacks removed ie. AM, NRAAS...etc). Long load. Horrible lag. Saved. Quit. Re-opened. BLUE LOTS.

At this point, hacks have been removed permanently. Since some have said the problem might be with saving, I tried this:

Situation 2: Created new hood with all CC and Mods in. Long load. Horrible lag. Saved As X001. Quit. Re-opened. BLUE LOTS.

Situation 3: Created new hood with all CC and Mods in. Long load. Horrible lag. Saved As X002. Quit. Re-opened. BLUE LOTS.

Situation 4: Created new hood with all CC and Mods in. Long load. Horrible lag. Saved As X003. Quit. Re-opened. BLUE LOTS.

Someone here mentioned that at the Crazy Town forum there was a solution so:

Situation 5: Tried the instructions from Twallan's forum about moving the Resource file and Mods folder to the current WA install. Opened a save. BLUE LOTS.

Situation 6: Removed MODS folder and Resource file. Opened old save. Made some changes. Saved as X001. Quit. Re-opened. NO BLUE LOTS. Sent my Sim on vacation for 3 days. Saved 3 separate saves while there just so I'd have a testing sample for later use. Came home. NO BLUE LOTS.

This is the last and current test (Mods and Resource file still out):

Situation 7: Created new hood. Short load. No lag. Saved. Quit. Re-opened. NO BLUE LOTS.

I'm sure there's tons more testing to be done and I probably missed something while trying to find the problem but, I've satisfied my curiosity in knowing FOR ME that it has something to do with Mods/Packages/Resource and I won't be futzing around with package files anymore until there's concrete evidence otherwise. At least I can enjoy WA for a little while.

Edited to fix my dangling participle and other bag grammar. Also, sent another Sim on vacation to China. Came home, no blue lots.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 20, 20:18:50 by SHOWER_SCREAM » Logged

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 November 20, 17:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've done as you advised, started a new game, with a new sim, on an empty lot. I think I may have narrowed down the problem, at least my problem.
I tend to use some custom 'counter height' windows in my houses (especially in the kitchen). Each time I got blue pools problem, I was using them in the house.
I just tried adding CC bit by bit into my empty lot (first I did all the custom surfaces and seating/beds. Then I went back and tried all decorative items). Finally I got to the windows, and lo and behold, I get the blue pools!

I also had a couple of other things in the game at the time, but I am fairly certain it was the windows (none of the other items were CC). My game crashed (for and unknown reason), so I thought I'd post before trying again, but I'll let you know what I find out from here, and the name of the windows.

Okay, the one window I know for certain is the blame is made by Mutske, from the TSR website. Not all the windows of his/hers cause problems, and I have a lot of them installed, so until I go through them all one-by-one, I'd say stay clear of them all together.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 20, 18:47:21 by Death-Jester » Logged
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 November 20, 18:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have removed all of Lemon Candy's files and am really weeding out most of my CC. I saw this update as I was closing down for the night so I will retest (also testing with Babayaga's TS2->TS3 clutter) and will let you know what I find. I know for sure I was using children's clutter in the Goth house that is the main one affected, and I have a theory that Death Jester's problem is coming when moving the house from a corrupted hood to a new hood - it may be corrupted also. Not sure yet how to bypass that, as I have been playing a new sim in a completely new save and have not placed any CC in that save.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 November 20, 19:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the testing I've done was using a new sim in a new town, in an empty lot (I placed 1 wall to test doors, windows and wall hangings).
So far, the only thing I've found that causes the 'blue pools' for certain is a 2-square-wide counter-height custom window.

HOWEVER

Whilst testing the windows, I got the 'blue pools' problem, without the window I mentioned above. I loaded up a clean save, and continued testing. The problem is, I went through all the windows, 1 by 1, testing them to find the one which mucked theg ame up, and they all worked fine.

So either there is some kind of conflict, or the problem is random. I'm leaning towards the latter, because I have also experienced the 'blue pools' when not going into a save.
I mentioned it earlier - I was playing with my sim, I was sorting his house out, and I noticed the 'blue pools'. The point is, I hadn't closed the game, or gone to the main menu. I hadn't even gone abroad. The 'blue pools' appeared whilst I was playing.

This is the last testing I am doing for now - the problem is beyond my ability (and patience!). I have moved my sim and house to a new town, and I'll continue playing him. If it bugs out again, I'll stop playing and wait for a fix.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 November 20, 19:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose the best test would be - if you have had the blue pool problem (because some people haven't), remove all CC and play for an extended period of time without any CC at all (preferably in the same hood, though you may want to save-as just in case). Do everything you'd normally do - edit houses, go on vacation, save, don't save, et cetera. See if you get blue pools. If you can't reproduce the problem without any CC at all, and multiple people report that result, it's a CC issue. Then you can get to narrowing down what kinds of CC cause it.

INFP or something
redngreen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 November 20, 20:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have this prob but dont have WA only the updates...
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 November 20, 22:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good research, everyone! I also have almost all of the lemoncandy items, and I have Mutske items as well. I am going to put in just my backup save from before installing WA or patching and pull out all packages and run with no CC and see what happens. I do not have problems with crashes, just the blue lots.

I will send a Sim on vacation and then exit the game and then go back in and see what happens. 

Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 November 20, 23:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting testing everyone

Just so you guy know.. once you pull up a saved game and the lots are blue when the game loads, no amount of Save As or removing CC will bring it back to normal.  You must restore a previous "good" save file to remove the blue lots.   I've tried everything to get my original game that I spent 5mths developing back to normal to no avail.    Or maybe that's what you were trying to say Shower-Scream.  

I did test 3 of Baba Yagas "lovely clutter" items  The geode, the pagoda, and the chinese doll, saved and exited to main menu, re-entered and no blue lots.  

EDIT - I did a test of the rest of Baba Yaga's lovely clutter items feeding them back in a bit at a time.  NO blue lots.   I then tried adding several custom windows.  Got Blue Lots .

MTS_leesester_980255_Leesester_WindowMissionCounter_Height CAUSED blue lots, just placing a single one on a lot, saved, rentered game.   I'll continue to test the rest of my windows.  

HugeLunatic_WindowColonialArch2X1Dormer
HugeLunatic_WindowColonialTallArch2X1FullHeight
HugeLunatic_WindowColonialTallSquare2X1FullHeight
HugeLunatic_WindowColonialTallArchShort
HugeLunatic_WindowColonialTallArch2X1Short  -- These windows did NOT cause blue lots when placed on a lot, saved, rentered game.  

« Last Edit: 2009 November 21, 00:11:13 by Cerridwen » Logged
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 November 21, 01:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been in and out of the game a few times, first with no resources file and no mods at all. All was OK. I then added my items from:
Mango
Peggy
Rose
Simlogical
SimPlanX
Sims3 Marktpltz
Sims3D
Simstrastos
toolsregame
Vita Sims

And, I was able to get 2 more Sims to vacations and back with no blue lots!
I did not disable CC in the launcher.  I am going to add more back and see what happens. So far, so good!

Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2009 November 21, 01:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

L&P? I'm so paranoid.

EDIT: Oh and I meant to add, yes. At some point during my testing, I figured if you happened upon Blue Lot Syndrome, then your neighborhood is FUBAR'd and you might as well give that particular hood, a trip to the trash can. But this post from TS3 forums is someone asking if the blue lot hood can be salvaged...I've already deleted all mine.

So, my next tests will be:

- Converting some know bad-blue-lot-causing CC package files to Sims3Packs and seeing if it affects the game.
- Finding a fresh Resource.cfg and a one-by-one folder re-insert to Mods/Packages.

I don't mix all my package files together. Each download gets its own folder so, this is going to be quite painful since my Mods folder has 395 files.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 21, 01:54:44 by SHOWER_SCREAM » Logged

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 November 21, 02:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just added back Desdren, default skins, Garden of Shadows, NewSea, Patterns, XMSims, Xerendipity items, and the no mosaic. I aged up a child and gave her a custom Peggy hair and got her to China and back. I have saved and been to the main menu and back, and so far am OK!  Smiley
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 November 21, 02:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CC files will not cause the blue lots if they are simply in the Mods folder when the game is launched.   The item must be placed on a lot and the game saved and relaunched before the blue lots will show up.   I saved and relaunched with lemoncandy files in my mods folder before I put them in a house.  I was fine.  I put a fig tree on the lot, saved and relaunched and got the blue lots.   
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2009 November 21, 03:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong. I didn't get very far before being infected again.

Added back a Resource.cfg and created a new Mods/Packages, within the new WA install path, added only Shoes and Patterns package files, opened a legit old save, got a fresh blue lot nightmare. Well actually a black lot nightmare because my graphics settings are turned down to low. I also downloaded some new Sims3Packs and installed those previously. They never caused a problem; my current Sim is wearing a new and slightly tacky dress from TSR and everything is fine.

Everyone else seems to be making some progress with CC; I'm stagnated. Sigh.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 November 21, 04:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you got the problem again simply by placing the items in the game without actually using them, correct? If so, that means that they do not have to be on a lot to cause problems.  Hmmmm ....

I am going to stick the CC that I have in at the moment on a blank lot and see what happens. I have not added back lemoncandy items yet.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 November 21, 06:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just threw a fairly large sampling of CC from quite a few sites on a lot and was fine. I then added all the CC plants I have including the lemoncandy ones other than the Sims2 redos. I got the blue again. I had hoped only the redos were the problem.

So, this is another confirmation that at least some of the lemoncandy plants are causing blue lots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/125518.page#1581584
Here are some more reports that the lemoncandy items are an issue and removing them has solved the problem for some players.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 21, 07:05:34 by daisylee » Logged
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 November 21, 08:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have WA yet, have patched to 1.7 and I have just got this same same problem with the blue lots.

I had just reinstalled Lemon Candy's stuff and then took it out again as my game ran almost at standstill....go back in and WTF.

Possily it is a patch related issue not directly a WA one. But I am by no means an expert so it is only a guess.

As it is something I am not too bothered by because I was just tinkering with the game to make sure it would run OK with WA when I get it next week,
I'll just reinstall the thing for now.

thealienamongus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 November 21, 08:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lemon Candy's Indoor Plants BROKEN
Someone named Decoyboy is doing a good job listing some of the CC that don't work, At the BBS

It seems to indicate plants as the worst contender but some non-plant decorations are also case this, I wonder if they were cloned from plants ? Windows are also at fault  (as mention by Death-Jester).

I will not be updating for awhile (I like my CC to much (and my sanity Wink)).
Ratarm
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 November 21, 16:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have any of you guys had any further luck? (have been reading the thread)
I've deleted all the mods and caches, to not one difference. And I don't even have the new EP!
I really, really don't want to have to make a new town/reinstall - I've been working with this one family for ages (and I can't even move them out due to the blue), building up their skills and 'want-points', and I'm not about to start again...:/

Oh dear. Sad
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 November 21, 17:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have any of you guys had any further luck? (have been reading the thread)
I've deleted all the mods and caches, to not one difference. And I don't even have the new EP!
I really, really don't want to have to make a new town/reinstall - I've been working with this one family for ages (and I can't even move them out due to the blue), building up their skills and 'want-points', and I'm not about to start again...:/

Oh dear. Sad

Just wanted to say from reading that thread from the EA forums, someone posted in here, it was helpful as far as what CC works and doesn't work, but also sadly said that, once your save has gone blue, there is no fixing it. You either have to start fresh, or revert back to a previous save if you kept a backup, to before the blue appeared.

As far as my blue lots of death go, reading through here, and all over trying to get information. I do remember my previous saves, that have gone blue, did have the decorative Lemoncandy CC on them. So I'm also confirming that one for you guys.

I kept wondering why my original save and family, since before WA worked fine for awhile after installing WA, even after going on vacations, then decided to turn blue. I remembered though, the night before the blue happened, last time I had played, I moved my family to a bigger house and redecorated. Normally, I forget about the clutter objects, but this house was a lot bigger then their last one, so it needed a little extra stuff crammed around in it, and I added quite a few of the clutter objects! Then saved and quit, next day all blue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: