More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:15:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  World Adventures install/update problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: World Adventures install/update problem  (Read 78805 times)
ydunno
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
World Adventures install/update problem
« on: 2009 November 17, 23:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a downloaded version of the base game and have just finished downloading the expansion pack, but cannot install it.  It says it has to be updated, I click "yes", but then it tells me there's an "error with the sims 3 update setup is unable to continue."  Anyone any ideas on what I am doing wrong, or what I can do to fix this?

Many thanks in advance.
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: World Adventures install/update problem
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 17, 23:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting this same error.  I have purchased copies of both the base game and the EP.   If you have arred copies - I can not make any promises this will help you.  Hell I can not even promise this will help if you bought your game.   

I was getting this endless loop of the game trying to update every time I clicked on the WA shortcut icon and the launcher would launch and start trying to update the game, even though I had already updated it, or had thought I had updated it.  It would then give the message you got, and shut every thing down without launching the game.   I tried clicking the the WA shortcut icon several times and each time eventually got the same error. 

I finally tried to launch the game with the original Sims 3 shortcut, NOT the WA shortcut.    The game again went into updating again... but this time the update finished with no problem. 

I then used the WA shortcut to launch the game and was able to get into the game.   

Not sure if it will help you, but it worked for me. 
amarynth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 18, 01:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting the same error.  I'm going to try installing the patch via the launcher first and seeing if that makes any difference.

Edited to add:
Yup, that seems to have done it.  I changed the sku back to 1, installed the patch via the launcher, changed the sku to 7 again, and was able to install WA.  It may just be a coincidence, but it's probably worth a shot.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 18, 02:15:04 by amarynth » Logged
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 18, 02:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're having to change the SKU to a different number in order to install that means the EP and the basegame are from different regions, which would be why it isn't installing.

I sing along with elevator music.
ydunno
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 18, 12:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can find the sku text file but have looked in regedit and there doesn't seem to be anything named sku to click on, and I'm not sure which part of the text file I should change anyway, hmm am feeling rather noobie at the moment.  Furtheremore I cannot update as there's an error with that related to a problen file, I changed the file to the original, took out the mods, replaced many of the other files with the originals from the iso file as well, and still cannot update or install the new expansion pack.
ydunno
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 18, 13:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I worked out what to change in the skuversion text file but it says "access denied".  So "Big Brother" even prevents us from editing the files on our own computers!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 18, 13:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds more like Windoze Vista Fail to me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ydunno
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 18, 14:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's Windows 7 which is just as bad.

I did find the sku in regedit - it was in HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Sims/The Sims 3.

Changed that to region 1 to download the latest patch (could only find 1 and 2, not 7).

Went through the installation of the patch, then it said "Update error, Invalid file found".

Replaced the codeversion file that had the error, with the original.

Tried again, same thing.

So I can't even download the latest patch let alone the new expansion pack because of this stupid obsession with being updated.

And like I've said I've followed what others have said when they've had problems with downloading latest patches and the new ep, so am totally at a loss.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 18, 22:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the new patch have to be installed before WA can be installed? Or can I just install the EP as is? I'm not installing it until AM is updated, but I'm getting files backed up and reading what I can so hopefully nothing goes wrong come time to install WA.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 18, 22:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have 1.6 the game will install it for you(Or that's how it was in my case, and others with the CD version). But I wouldn't recommend installing the update for WA once you do install the game until the patch has been fixed. This is how I'm playing, and I've had no issues, while others with the WA patch are having numerous problems.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 18, 23:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's what I did - I uninstalled the Monkey Installer and placed my mods folder and the resource.cfg file on my desktop. Then I inserted my WA CD (yes, I actually bought it, for 34.99 at Target) and got a message stating that I needed an update first. After that the EP installed, I started a new game, and everything worked fine. I took a sim to Egypt and did a couple of missions/adventures/whatever they're called. Exited out of the game. A little while later I went to restart  and the launcher notified me that there was an update available. Again?? After the game install I was at version 2.0.86 and after the second update it was version 2.1.6. I began another game in sunset valley this time, and after he a met a tourist in SV by the name of Wang Bo Oy Ping, I decided to take him to China.
sunshine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 27, 19:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When trying to patch up the game that was screwing up I got a 'File not found' error. After going through my folder with the original files I can't find DeltaBuild0 anywhere. I would just like to double check if I have to download the game again, or if there's something I'm overlooking.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 27, 19:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Each patch executable is designed to patch from a specific version. If you are using, say, a base-game fresh install, you may need to either download the appropriate patch (1.0.631 -> 1.7.9); or patch iteratively (1.0.631 -> 1.2 -> 1.3 -> 1.4 -> 1.6 -> 1.7), as the links to the patch from base directly to current are not provided, because most of us don't do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jonesi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 27, 23:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I followed some instructions I found and it seems to work ok.

- The_Sims_3-Razor1911
- The.Sims.3.Update.1.6.6-BAT
- The.Sims.3.World.Adventures-RELOADED
- The.Sims.3.Update.v1.7.9

1.) Install the Razor1911 release but don't crack it.
2.) Install the Sims3_1.6.6.002002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe file from the BAT release but don't crack it.
3.) Install the World Adventures expansion but don't crack it.
4.) Install the 1.7.9 update and crack it.
5.) Use the Launcher to update the World Adventures expansion to v2.2. Then place crack from the expansion.

Can download the 1.6.6 from here -  http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5168758/The.Sims.3.Update.1.6.6-BAT
The 1.7.9 here - http://www.bigdownload.com/games/the-sims-3/pc/the-sims-3-v179-patch/
Harumph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 04, 14:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an arred base game for region 1 and arred WA for region 2. I did a fresh reinstall of the base game and did progressive patches up to 1.7.9.002001 Then I had to change the SKU to region 2 to get WA to install. I installed WA with no problem, then changed the SKUs for both games back to region 1. I tried updating from the launcher and it said my game was already up to date, so I searched the Web for a patch to download (Sims3_2.2.8.002001_from_2.0.86.002001), but every time I run it, it goes all through the process and then throws up an error message:  Update Error: Invalid File Found.

I've replaced all the original files, removed all CC and I still get the same error. The game runs fine without the update but of course, I can't use AM because I get this: "Warning: Non-critical core mismatch!" which from reading posts I understand means the game's not patched to 2.2.8.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas?
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 05, 09:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me both arred games installed fine but when i run the game after the startup videos the games crashes. Any help?
Harumph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 05, 17:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't experienced any crashes at all, so I'm sorry but I can't offer any help on that score.

I did, at one point in China, experience the dreaded "error 16" on saving, which I thought patch 1.7.9 was supposed to eliminate. Huh The game didn't crash, though, it just let me continue without saving. My Sim was asleep in her tent at the time. When she woke up, I took her outside and tried saving again, and this time it saved with no problem and I haven't had the "error 16" issue since, knock wood.

In fact, aside from not being able to use AM, I'm not seeing any issues at all with the game still unpatched at the basic WA version 2.0.86 level.
geekgal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 06, 15:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an arred base game for region 1 and arred WA for region 2. I did a fresh reinstall of the base game and did progressive patches up to 1.7.9.002001 Then I had to change the SKU to region 2 to get WA to install. I installed WA with no problem, then changed the SKUs for both games back to region 1. I tried updating from the launcher and it said my game was already up to date, so I searched the Web for a patch to download (Sims3_2.2.8.002001_from_2.0.86.002001), but every time I run it, it goes all through the process and then throws up an error message:  Update Error: Invalid File Found.

I've replaced all the original files, removed all CC and I still get the same error. The game runs fine without the update but of course, I can't use AM because I get this: "Warning: Non-critical core mismatch!" which from reading posts I understand means the game's not patched to 2.2.8.

Harumph really "hit the nail on the head" for me. I purchased Sims3 (region1) initially and arred version of WA (region 2). ANyone, Please help.. thanks
Harumph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 December 07, 06:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UPDATE: Thanks to tickleonthetum in another thread for these links:

If your WA version is for region 2, then that's why the patch ending in 001 won't work. I got the
second one
  and it installed like a charm. AM is working fine, no more crashes or save errors so far (knock wood).

Problem solved until the next patch.

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 December 16, 14:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried this, but it seems that in order to install two different regions you had to change the original to match the one you were installing.  After that you changed them both back to region 1.  Perhaps if you had kept the same updated region it would update?  Have you tried using the Patch Log View @ MTS?  I'd like to know how you resolve this issue. 

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
nayra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 May 21, 15:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi guys!
i recently updated the sims 3 world adventures
and everything was okay until i updated the game.
after that i couldn't play and i had to uninstall the game
 and the expansion pack!!!! Cry
i installed the game again but when i try to install
 the expansion pack it says that it needs to be updated and i click yes
but then it says that the update failed..... Cry i really don't know what to do! Huh

Please someone help!!!!!!!!!

Smiley
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 May 21, 21:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi guys!
after that i couldn't play and i had to uninstall the game
 and the expansion pack!!!! Cry
i installed the game again but when i try to install
but then it says that the update failed..... Cry i really don't know what to do! Huh

Please someone help!!!!!!!!!
 Smiley

Learn to type in coherent sentences and structured paragraphs.  Capitalize the first words of your sentences.  Use ONLY ONE exclamation point at the end of a sentence; multiple exclamation points are stupid and twee.  Stop using so many goddamned emoticons.  We neither care nor need to know your exact emotional state at every point of your post.  In short, learn to post like a grownup, and someone might take the time to review your issue and offer help.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 May 22, 00:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi guys!
There are gals here also, probably more gals than guys.

You updated the game and everything was okay until you updated the game?

Search MOAR

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
badboyz_anas
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 August 27, 05:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for those of you still having problems, firstly what you need to do is download the update patch from over here:
Code:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.14.11.007002_from_1.12.70.006002.exe

after that you need to change the sku version of your game to 2, you can do that by typing regedit in the run window and then HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Sims/The Sims 3/SKU

after changing the sku version you can update your game with the patch downloaded above, if you get the following error "Update error, Invalid file found", dont worry and proceed on with the installation cause the error wont effect the installation process, after installing the patch you need to change the sku version of your game to 7 and finally install sims world adventures

Hope this works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: