More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:07:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  No game disc found!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No game disc found!  (Read 26584 times)
KaintheSlayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No game disc found!
« on: 2009 November 04, 22:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is cute. So, I recently re-installed my Sims 3 game. The base game, nothing special added to it.

I then proceeded to install the Sims 3 Helper Monkey from ModtheSims2, and then came here, downloaded and installed the most recent version of the Awesomemod, and the configuration tool.

I then proceeded to enjoy my awesomed'up version of the Sims 3.

This was less than a week ago. A new version of the Awesomemod has not been released in that time.

Yesterday, I got the "Awesomemod expiry" pop-up thing, telling me my version of the Awesomemod was about to expire, and that I needed a new version. Lo and behold, WHAT new version?

So, I figure "Wait till tomorrow. Snowball's chance in hell, but maybe there will be a new update."

Today I start my game, and it tells me "No game disc found! Please insert the sims 3 game disc before proceeding."

I remember that my game seems to think I'm using an obsolete awesome mod, and need to install a new one.

So I come here, and, wow, what a surprise! There is no new version!

Now, obviously this is something I, personally am doing wrong, since I seem to be the only person having problems with it. Is there a simple updater I need to install, but have temporarily become mentally retarded, and can't find? Or how can I "refresh" my awesomemod, to stop it from thinking I'm using an obsolete version?
PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
Re: No game disc found!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 04, 22:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I had a guess, it would be that you are using an outdated version and need to install the latest one.

"Please tell me 13 underage El Salvadorian sex slaves is 'the line.'" - Jon Stewart
"Everything becomes absolute truth when shouted." - kiki
"When the only one making sense is the ghost of Peter Tosh, either you're really high, or the whole world is fucked" - Wyatt Cenac
INTJ
KaintheSlayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 04, 22:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I had a guess, it would be that you are using an outdated version and need to install the latest one.
Mhmm... I'm not sure you fully read my post.

But to humor you, I downloaded the most recent version of the awesomemod not five minutes ago (the exact same one I already have, I might add).

Same issue.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 04, 23:00:41 by KaintheSlayer » Logged
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
Starting Game Without Disk
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 04, 22:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to start my game without the disk by clicking on the TS3.exe file in the Bin folder. Then all of a sudden I can't do that anymore. Does anyone know why I was able to in the first place and why I can't now. My disk already has a couple of scratches and I don't want to keep having to use it. And I really don't want to resort to using a crack. Not that I feel there is any wrong with using a crack. I am just afraid I will get caught...Sad  So maybe I do feel it is wrong.

Forgive me....pleeeeese if this is already posted somewhere. I did look...I even goodled but the only thing I found was crack related.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 04, 23:26:50 by Sandman » Logged
PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 04, 23:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, you are unfunny. Also, it is quite possible your browser cached an outdated download. As for the "No disc found" error, do you have the AwesomeMod no-CD check disabled? What's your game version? Are you using an outdated no-CD crack?

"Please tell me 13 underage El Salvadorian sex slaves is 'the line.'" - Jon Stewart
"When the only one making sense is the ghost of Peter Tosh, either you're really high, or the whole world is fucked" - Wyatt Cenac
INTJ
PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
Re: Starting Game Without Disk
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 04, 23:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope that goodle search did a lot of good. Use a crack or use a CD, end of story. AwesomeMod's no-CD fix works just great.

INTJ
KaintheSlayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 04, 23:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, you are unfunny. Also, it is quite possible your browser cached an outdated download. As for the "No disc found" error, do you have the AwesomeMod no-CD check disabled? What's your game version? Are you using an outdated no-CD crack?
"Base Game Version 1.3.24 or 1.4.6." according to the rtfm that came with the download.

I've also got the most recent patch from Thesims3.com.

I'm no using any no-CD cracks.

And before anyone asks, the CD is actually in the drive (I've checked three times now, to make sure that pizza I had earlier wasn't making me hallucinate).
PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 04, 23:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clear browser cache, redownload AwesomeMod, enable No-CD in the AwesomeMod config. Place them in the mod folder. Should be fixed.

INTJ
KaintheSlayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 04, 23:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clear browser cache, redownload AwesomeMod, enable No-CD in the AwesomeMod config. Place them in the mod folder. Should be fixed.
Thanks for the help, unfortunately, it's still not working... I've got a hunch there might have been something I installed that's causing a compatibility issue. And since I don't have the time to go through everything I've ever installed... I'll just re-install the entire game, and see what I can do with a fresh copy.
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 04, 23:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean that the awesome mod is a crack. If so why can't I start my game without the cd now. The awesomemod is working at least some of it is. I can click on sims and select them.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 05, 00:49:08 by Sandman » Logged
PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 04, 23:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you read the site FAQ?

INTJ
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 05, 00:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to start my game without the disk by clicking on the TS3.exe file in the Bin folder. Then all of a sudden I can't do that anymore. Does anyone know why I was able to in the first place and why I can't now. My disk already has a couple of scratches and I don't want to keep having to use it. And I really don't want to resort to using a crack. Not that I feel there is any wrong with using a crack. I am just afraid I will get caught...Sad  So maybe I do feel it is wrong.

There have been numerous discussions about that problem here before, maybe you should refine your search techniques better.  AM offers a no CD option, which works just like a No CD crack, so if your worried about being caught using a no CD crack, maybe you shouldn't be using AM either.

I take it you have actually been using AM before?  Are you sure your clicking the right file to launch the game?  What have you done recently to change your configuration/settings?  Have you disabled the no CD check in AM?

You mean that the awesome mod is a crack. Is so why can't I start my game without the cd now. The awesomemod is working at least I some of it is. I can click on sims and select them.

Have you ever used AM?  How do you know AM is working?  It either works or it doesn't, there is no some of it works.  You do realise that clicking on a sim and selecting them occurs in any game with or without AM, that is not an AM specific task, but a general game play requirement, therefore does not indicate that AM is installed.

Not sure what your native language is, but as previously suggested, read the FAQ, it is really difficult to know what your saying because it hasn't been very clearly expressed.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 05, 00:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mhmm... I'm not sure you fully read my post.

But to humor you, I downloaded the most recent version of the awesomemod not five minutes ago (the exact same one I already have, I might add).

Same issue.

Did you try a search here?  This comes up almost every other day from someone.  There are many posts about the fact that AM is updated in many cases, daily, and often several times a day.  Pescado doesn't update the thread to indicate a new version is available unless he has made significant changes, or important bug fixes, to the previously released version.

If you cleared your browser caches, then downloaded and still got an older, out of date version in your game, it sounds like you might have an old version floating around somewhere that the game is reading instead of the newer one.  Again discussed at length before.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 05, 00:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you launching the game through the Launcher? THe Launcher has its own CD check. The Launcher is also crap. Don't use the launcher.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 05, 02:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll tell you what, you do a search and tell me what you used as key words to find this topic then and only then will I let you make me feel completely stupid. I search using everything I could think of and all it gave me was countless hits of non relavent topics.  I figured it had been discussed before because there is very seldom a topic on here that hasn't be discussed before and very seldom a topic that someone like you acts like a complete _ _ _ telling us to search through those thousand of non relavent topics. If you don't want to help anyone then why are you even talking to me.

Yes I use awesomemod. I didn't think there was anything wrong with using it. I think it makes the game more interesting. I thought a crack was something that made a game that someone pirated work so that EA wouldn't know they stole it. I don't see anything wrong with starting the game without using the disk if you paid for it. Actually I had thought EA made it so that you didn't need the disk but evidently I was wrong.

The way I could tell that my Awesomemod was working was because I could click on a sim from a different family and select them rather than having to close out that family and lose their wishes. But just like with anything, part of something can work while other parts of it may not.

Yes I have read the frequently asked quesitons but it has been a while and evidently I had read that I could select the no disk option and that is how I was able to play the game without using the CD. I do have a bit of a memory problem so that is very likely. In any case I assume that when I updated Awesomemod I have to reselect that option. So I will try that.

Some of you people on here can be really be rude but I guess I will just have to keep enduring it if I want answers because there are others on here than are very kind and helpful.

So I appreciate your telling how to fix this but I could have done without your rudeness, it didn't help a thing but agitate me but then again I guess that is what you were trying to do. So you could have saved your breath. I'll keep making post and asking questions that I can't find a answer to whether you like it or not.

I did proof this and would have ran it through a spell check if I had one. I am in the middle of switching computers and haven't got all my program installed. So save yourself the trouble of telling me how illiterate I am. I have what I was looking for at least I think I do and will not be reading any more replies to this topic.

Kain, when your game tells you, you need a new update just download the same file from the same place you got the previous one. Pescado doesn't change the name of the file so even though it may look the same it is a updated file. Sometimes even the size of the file is the same.
PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 05, 02:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tl;dr

INTJ
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 05, 04:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just did a clean install, upgraded to latest patch, downloaded the framework, awesome mod, and configured, making sure to disable cd check and I'm getting the same message. I check daily for new versions of am.  It works on another computer, just not with this latest install.  Am I installing in the wrong order or did I miss something?   

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 05, 04:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Timestamps, guys. Timestamps. Don't go by mod size. Download from the link. If the timestamp on the file is more recent than the one you have in now, then you've done a stupid somehow and have the wrong version.

Again, it's been mentioned twice but I've seen no response from those having problems: are you running the game from the launcher, or straight from TS3.exe? You should be doing the latter.

Not that I feel there is any wrong with using a crack. I am just afraid I will get caught...Sad  So maybe I do feel it is wrong.
Yes I use awesomemod. I didn't think there was anything wrong with using it. I think it makes the game more interesting. I thought a crack was something that made a game that someone pirated work so that EA wouldn't know they stole it. I don't see anything wrong with starting the game without using the disk if you paid for it. Actually I had thought EA made it so that you didn't need the disk but evidently I was wrong.
Just how is EA going to magically know you are using a no-CD crack? Hint: they aren't. Also, no-CDs are not just for piracy. They are mainly for protecting the integrity of your purchased hard protect (the game disk) and reducing wear on your CD drive.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 05, 17:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zar...well in any case I don't need a crack if I use Awesomemod.  But that is good to know. Thank you.

I think I figured out what was wrong in my game. Awesomemod's default has the no CD option selected so it wasn't that I didn't select it. The short cut I was clicking on wouldn't work unless I used the CD and it was the short cut to the TS3.exe file not the laucher. But when I went directly to the TS3.exe file it worked without the CD so evidently the short cut was faulty. I created a new one and now it works. Maybe I created the short cut before I installed Awesome mod and that had something to do with it. I don't understand why since I think it is just a link to the original file. But maybe something was crossed I don't know. It works now though.

Thank you all for helping me....Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 November 05, 17:57:59 by Sandman » Logged
KaintheSlayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 05, 20:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, too much reading... Anyway, I'll try using the TS3.exe file after I've got everything squared away, in the future. Thanks again for the help, everyone.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 05, 22:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to use the no crack for another computer.  After installation, I downloaded the Framework, AM and configuration package set to the features I want.  Then I went to the games/bin/sims3.exe file and created a shortcut to the desktop.  The game loads to the saved game screen, then I get a pop-up that says that the game files are missing and to insert the disk into the drive (can't remember the exact error message).  

Hopefully this will clear up my previous post.  I apologize for double posting, but I was hoping for information.  

Edit to acknowledge moronitude.   I didn't have the mods in the package file I just unzipped 'em and left them hanging out in the mods folder.  Duh!   Embarrassed 
« Last Edit: 2009 November 05, 22:59:49 by maurie » Logged

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: