More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:10:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Neverending pregnancy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Neverending pregnancy  (Read 3804 times)
Chiba
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Neverending pregnancy
« on: 2009 October 23, 17:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every now and then one of the NPC Sims in my town will get pregnant but never give birth. Thus they get immortal, forever haunting the neighbourhood.
They marry, but can never get children, they survive their husbands and ruin whole families, because there will be no heirs.
I currently have three such Sims who I have to get rid of, I just don't know how. I need to either kill them on the spot or get them an abortion.
I couldn't find any console commands for either option.
I use only AM and Indiestone, both with standard settings. Any tips are appreciated.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Neverending pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 23, 17:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a "falconpunch" cheat code in awesomemod, that will make an abortion on a selected sim.
dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 23, 20:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The falconpunch command is listed under the console and debug features of the RTFM.  Since it didn't take me long to realize there are lots of commands for AM and searching the site for answers can sometimes take quite a while, I printed the RTFM for quick reference and add to the command section as I find new ones that aren't listed in it.  It's a system I highly recommend for one and all.

JMP has done a remarkable job with the RTFM, especially considering this task is on top of what I can imagine is already an astronomical amount of work to fix and improve AM on what is most likely a daily basis.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 24, 03:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Falconpunch didn't entirely nuke the pregnancy when I used it.  My sim still had a pregnancy moodlet and she couldn't try for baby with her husband.  Every now and then I caught her trying to rub her non existent belly.  Eventually, I solved the problem by moving the family out of the lot then moved them back in.  Since the sims in your question aren't playables, it might not be an issue, and considering that they're already stuck, I guess it couldn't hurt to try.. My problem was probably just an outlier anyway.  No one had reported it at the time I searched.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 24, 04:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CRTL-Click on the Moodlet to banish it, if it is still there after a FalconPunch. I will fix that in the next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chiba
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 24, 17:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked the commands listed when you type "help", because I thought they're all in there too, but obviously it's not the case.
Anywho, it seemed to have worked, the first Sim I tried it on aged right on the next day. Problem solved it seems.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: