More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:43:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The Aging Manager
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Aging Manager  (Read 66729 times)
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
Re: The Aging Manager
« Reply #25 on: 2009 December 20, 16:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great mod. Just what I needed.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 December 20, 16:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You again? You're back? I thought you had died in some kind of freaky furry-related accident.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dilitru
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 January 14, 09:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any bugs seen when using this with a 2.3 patch?
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 January 14, 12:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any bugs seen when using this with a 2.3 patch?

Not really.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
kmonica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 April 11, 16:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Buzzler,

I absolultey love your mod, wonderful work! I have quick qustion: When you select "suspend aging for all residents" does it apply to NPCs as well? If not are you pallning to add the option to suspend the aging for all NPCs as well ?

Thanks so much and please keep those updates coming!!  Smiley
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 April 12, 13:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you select "suspend aging for all residents" does it apply to NPCs as well?
No, it only affects Sims living in houses, i.e. playable Sims in the sense that you could select and play them if you want to.

If not are you pallning to add the option to suspend the aging for all NPCs as well ?
I don't have any plans of that particular kind, no. If you consider it useful I can add it, though.

Thanks so much and please keep those updates coming!!  Smiley
What are these updates you are talking about? It's a foreign concept to me. Seriously, I didn't touch the game in 4 months. It just isn't what I look for in a Sims game and I don't think (anymore) that any reasonable amount of modding could change that. Therefore I'm not planning to make or release any mods in the foreseeable future (although I might still release my accounting mod which is pretty much done for 4 months). Coming add-ons might make it interesting (to me) again, but I have little hope.
kmonica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 April 13, 00:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Buzzler,

Thanks so much for your reply. The things on my "wish list" would be to add command to disable / enable aging for all NPCs (similar to what you have for all residents) and it'd be great if you could add the two options that show up when you click on the house to enable / disable household aging to the mirror. But if you have no plans to work on that mod then don't worry about that. And you should also set up some page for donations! I am sure a lot of people appreciate your work and would gladly send their support.

Thank you.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 April 13, 08:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The things on my "wish list" would be to add command to disable / enable aging for all NPCs (similar to what you have for all residents)
This is no problem.

and it'd be great if you could add the two options that show up when you click on the house to enable / disable household aging to the mirror.
I'm sure such a thing would work well for a fresh 'hood, because all household names are unique and therefore easily distinguishable. The problem is household names have a tendency to spread (just like stupidity but that's a different matter) and after a couple generations there are going to be names that are the same for multiple households. I don't see a sensible way to list these households while keeping them distinguishable and the selection menu neat. That's why I added the interaction to the lots in the first place.

If you or anybody can think of a sensible solution, feel free to suggest.

And you should also set up some page for donations! I am sure a lot of people appreciate your work and would gladly send their support.
Tell me you're kidding. Please.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 April 15, 16:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to Version 6. See first post for changes.
kmonica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 April 15, 23:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Buzzler,

Just noitced your version 6. Thank you!! Grin

I understand now why you added the enable/disable household aging to the house (not mirror) from the first place. It completely makes sense, i did not even think about that (stupid stupid me). For some wierd reason I thought that if you place the mirror in the particular household the enable/disable househol aging would apply to that particular household.

And yes, I was dead serious about donations! I appreciate your work and time and I would gladly donate, as I am sure a lot of others would too!
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 April 17, 00:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kmonica, charing for Sims 3 custom conent is actually against the EULA.  See here: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 April 17, 00:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Donations don't always mean 'charging', Gastfyr.  If  Buzzler gave the mod out as a "gift", then it would equate charging, but simply accepting donations isn't nearly the same thing.  Many free sites do this already, and the people donating get nothing in return other than the knowledge that they helped support something they like.  Don't confuse this with the other type of dontation sites... you know, the ones that are actually paysites.  They're the ones that go against the EULA.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 April 17, 03:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course you are right, Dragon Slave.  I'm pretty sure (based on his posts here) that Buzzer isn't interested in accepting donations at present.  I guess as far as kmonica's post and my reply goes, I was thinking more along the lines of sites that have "donation" content that you can only get if you give them a "donation".

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
kmonica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 April 17, 04:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, ok everyone: no donations then. I just was trying to be nice, no harm intended  Smiley
Buzzler: I have idea for your version 7: enable/disable aging for ALL sims (NPCs and regular sims) in one click / command. Thank you and keep up a great work! I really love this mod!
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 April 17, 12:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand now why you added the enable/disable household aging to the house (not mirror) from the first place. It completely makes sense, i did not even think about that (stupid stupid me). For some wierd reason I thought that if you place the mirror in the particular household the enable/disable househol aging would apply to that particular household.
I see now that I misunderstood you earlier. I thought you wanted something to select a household via a menu.

Finding out what household an object belongs to is perfectly possible. Therefore I can implement the interaction you want easily. But ... I still don't see how that would be more convenient than the lot interactions. Not every household has this type of mirror and inside of the houses it's usually inaccessible anyway. Am I missing something?

And yes, I was dead serious about donations! I appreciate your work and time and I would gladly donate, as I am sure a lot of others would too!
Obviously I don't have any hosting costs I have to cover and I don't like the concept of accepting money for something I do for a hobby. That would taint the hobby with the stench of work. If we ever meet in RL, you can buy me a cappuccino so I have something to hold onto during awkward silences (I'm holding a 4th Dan in causing awkward silences), ok? Wink

I'm pretty sure (based on his posts here) that Buzzer isn't interested in accepting donations at present.
This is hardly the place to discuss the EULA, so I keep my mouth shut. Let me just say: If the EULA and a barrel of dead skunks would compete in a legal relevance race where I live, the EULA would make a distant second. That's how legally relevant the EULA is here. Obviously the EULA has nothing to do with the fact that I would never accept donations to cover anything else than hosting costs (real hosting costs; not the imaginative hosting costs paysites have to cover!).

Buzzler: I have idea for your version 7: enable/disable aging for ALL sims (NPCs and regular sims) in one click / command.
No problem.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 May 03, 15:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to Version 7. See first post for changes.
"Everyone" is actually a blatant lie. It's just "ServiceNPCs" and "Residents" combined. I still don't want to touch the new Sim types that came with WA. I aquired WA recently, though, and as soon as I installed it (the anticipation is killing me ... not) I'm willing to hear WA-related requests.

@kmonica: I thought you would further explain your initial request to me, since I was (and am still) unsure whether I got that right. That's why I didn't add the "Everyone" interaction immediately. Feel free to bring it up again; until then I consider the case closed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 May 08, 17:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There aren't any "new sim types" in WA. All sims in WA are still either regular sims, or service NPCs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 May 09, 11:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There aren't any "new sim types" in WA. All sims in WA are still either regular sims, or service NPCs.
I know. It seems they don't even have flags or something but simply belong to specific invisible households, and switching their aging on and off seems to be really simple and straightforward. My point is just that I don't want to release even a single line of code unless I'm able to playtest at least the basic functionality. If you believe something is so simple that nothing can go wrong and no testing is needed, chances are something will burst into flames, right?
kmonica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 May 09, 17:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Buzzler,

Thank you for the new version (YAY!!  Grin). And definitly the cappucino is on me! I'm in Miami though Cry

With regards to "enable / disable household aging" that you have for each lot, I asked to add that to the mirror only for the convenience reasons. Each time I want to disable / enable aging on my household I have to zoom out to map view and do it from there, so it'd be much more convenient to do that from the mirror too. But it's not a big deal. I love your mod as it is!!!!!  Grin
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 May 10, 17:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@kmonica: Ok, I finally understand. I usually don't change the aging often and regurlarly zoom out to map view. So it just didn't occur to me, that a mirror interaction to change the aging of the current household could come in handy.

Expect it in the next update. I would have done it already and planned to do so, but my computer died yesterday night just while I was coding (something else, though). So, I obviously can't give a timeframe. The new computer parts hopefully arrive wednesday.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 May 10, 23:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Buzzler,

Thank you for the new version (YAY!!  Grin). And definitly the cappucino is on me! I'm in Miami though Cry

With regards to "enable / disable household aging" that you have for each lot, I asked to add that to the mirror only for the convenience reasons. Each time I want to disable / enable aging on my household I have to zoom out to map view and do it from there, so it'd be much more convenient to do that from the mirror too. But it's not a big deal. I love your mod as it is!!!!!  Grin

This thread is getting tarded up with "FANKS, DIS IS GRATE!" comments and far too many goddamn emoticons.  If your mood shifts that many times in a single sentence, seek medication.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 May 13, 20:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to Version 8. See first post for changes.
Some folks seem to be downloading older versions I was just too lazy to delete from my 4shared account. Really people, this is just dumb.
Kitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 May 23, 21:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, thanks for making this. It's been really helpful.

I think there might be a bug in the 'suspend/resume aging of current household' command. The sims in that house showed up on the mirror as aging, but they didn't actually age. When I reset aging and tried again but clicking on 'resume my aging' for each member of the household, it worked as it should. Maybe it was something to do with my game, but I didn't change anything apart from on the mirror to get it to work correctly again.

Thanks again, and sorry if it was just me being stupid somehow.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 May 24, 06:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to Version 8.2
If you have sims who are aging despite this mod telling you their aging is turned off or the other way around, just change their aging setting and then change it again. You're getting the idea, right?

As a special gift I just skipped V8.1. Or I just forgot my own naming conventions. We may never know.

I think there might be a bug in the 'suspend/resume aging of current household' command.
Fixed. You might say that instead of actually flipping the switch I just changed the label on it.

Thanks again, and sorry if it was just me being stupid somehow.
Don't be sorry. Since there aren't that many people using my mods, I really appreciate every qualified feedback.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 June 02, 14:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to version 9.
You'll need to update the Aging Manager to version 9 to use it with game version 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0. Also Aging Manager version 9 is not backwards compatible with older game versions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: