More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:19:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Game Crashes when i try to remove the AwesomeMod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game Crashes when i try to remove the AwesomeMod  (Read 5894 times)
lbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Game Crashes when i try to remove the AwesomeMod
« on: 2009 October 04, 12:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, i wanted to install a teen marriage mod for my legacy, but it conflicts with the AwesomeMod. Now, i do love the awesome mod but i really want this mod for just a while. Whenever i remove the Awesome Mod package from the Mod/Packages, the game loads up to the pick your family screen then a message comes up saying that the awesome mod is corrupt and the game is shutting down to protect data!

Can anybody help?
MrsSoares
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Game Crashes when i try to remove the AwesomeMod
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 04, 12:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you removed the cache files? Not saying that is definitely the problem, but thats the first thing I remember that I forgot to do when moving things around.

I am Bipolar, have PMS and a gun... any fucking questions???
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 04, 13:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, learn to capitalize properly. I is always "I" and never "i" in English.

When removing AM, make sure that no Sim is under Supreme Commander control. Remove any Awesome Mod added traits (chosen, stupid, etc.). I was able to successfully remove AM for a day to test a conflicting mod doing this. Good luck.
lbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 04, 15:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've checked all of these things and it still wont work =(
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 04, 19:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using Supreme Commander? If you are, that particular town probably won't be loadable without it.

If you aren't, I don't know if this information will be of any value at all, but you can give it a try.

Remove all core mods. Delete all four cache files instead of just ScriptCache. Restart your computer. Start the game and let it run through the movie. Try loading the town.

If it loads, exit and delete the ScriptCache, install the other core mod you want to use temporarily, and restart the game, again, letting it run through the movie. Try loading the town.

I'm afraid I can't offer more help than that. If it doesn't work you may be stuck without using the teen marriage mod.

lbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 04, 19:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wont even let me load onto the town, i can remove all other mods but it crashes on the loading screen just before where you pick your neighbourhood.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 05, 00:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, i wanted to install a teen marriage mod for my legacy, but it conflicts with the AwesomeMod. Now, i do love the awesome mod but i really want this mod for just a while. Whenever i remove the Awesome Mod package from the Mod/Packages, the game loads up to the pick your family screen then a message comes up saying that the awesome mod is corrupt and the game is shutting down to protect data!

Can anybody help?

Not sure what teen marriage mod your using, bet there is a teen marriage mod that doesn't conflict with AM, At least it didn't unless the creator has modified it.  It is available at both sexysims and MTS.

You can use the teen pregnancy Ver. 5 file, which does what you want, and doesn't conflict with AM, at least in my game anyway.  http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172373

Just enable12woohoo in AM for it to work.

I am also using darkpools "taboo lite - updated to work with 1.4.6 patch" mod, which is working fine, just don't use the gameplay.package file, that is the core mod that enables the interactions, which is what enable12woohoo does in AM.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: