More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:10:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  How are my offenders suppose to eat?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How are my offenders suppose to eat?  (Read 22786 times)
Rawrbox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
How are my offenders suppose to eat?
« on: 2009 September 26, 10:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean seriously I love the new "traits" but they are bit much. My sim cannot find work anywhere
all she did was flirt with a teenager and now she can't even go to her child's school (which is VERY CLOSE to her house in riverview).
So I guess my question is how do I get rid of it, or will I be stuck with it forever, I've tried just about everything and searched
just about everywhere and no luck.  Undecided
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: How are my offenders suppose to eat?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 26, 10:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you can get rid of it.  There use to be a way to drop it, but I believe Pescado changed the code to prevent it from being dropped.  Looks like they are stuck with it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Rawrbox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 26, 11:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's unfortunate so I guess my single sim is going to have to suffer
without a job. I hate using money cheats.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 26, 11:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have them marry a rich sim.  Build their skills for painting and writing and make money that way, even gardening and fishing can contribute also.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 26, 11:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can become a criminal, or there are perfectly profitable part-time jobs that will take you. Besides, in TS3, you don't need money to survive, it's entirely possible to survive with a completely empty home lot that you never go to.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rawrbox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 26, 12:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess I'll have to settle for the part-time then
and while I"m at it I could change her lifetime wish.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 26, 13:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...it's entirely possible to survive with a completely empty home lot that you never go to.

This sounds like an excellent idea.

Tribulatio proxima est
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 26, 20:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess I'll have to settle for the part-time then
and while I"m at it I could change her lifetime wish.

You can change her LTW by having her build up enough lifetime happiness points, 10,000 - so that she can then buy the Change Lifetime Wish reward in the LTW rewards menu... and w/AM installed you can just bring up the console window, Ctrl-Shift-C and type in "lifetimehappiness" w/out the quotes and she will be given 50,000 points w/out having to fulfill any of her wants/wishes... Good Luck !   Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 September 27, 08:06:17 by Wolfeyes » Logged

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 26, 23:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, you know, you could just accept that your sim's actions have ruined her life and roll with it. Shit happens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Fred
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 27, 01:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or use the nieghborhood editor to remove it.
Rawrbox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 September 27, 06:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, you know, you could just accept that your sim's actions have ruined her life and roll with it. Shit happens.

That's precisely true, I just don't want her children to "inherit" it.

I'm over it now Wink.

Or use the nieghborhood editor to remove it.

I will try that but the trait can't be removed. I'll just change her LTW and be done with this whole thing.
redngreen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 September 29, 00:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

use shift click the mailbox and set career that way
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 September 29, 01:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's precisely true, I just don't want her children to "inherit" it.
That shouldn't be a trait that can be inherited, and that bug SHOULD be squashed.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 October 08, 12:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

all she did was flirt with a teenager and now she can't even go to her child's school
Looks to me like everything's in working order, then - that'd be pretty much top of the list I'd banninate a pedo, even an "inadvertent" one, from visiting.

As others have said, there are plenty of ways to become insanely rich in this game without being gainfully employed. Gem/rock hunting is crazy lucrative, as is gardening/fishing, and should let a "wealth" sim fulfill enough Wants to afford a LTW reset. Personally, though, this would be exactly the sort of curve ball I'd enjoy playing a sim through; I'd vote to let her live with the consequences of her mistake. Not every sim needs to be happily satisfied with the path she ends up taking.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 October 21, 04:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol wait, wait.  Your sim flirted with a younger sim and you got the pedo trait or whatever?  Hahaa, that's great, but fairly unrealistical to me, as sad as that might sound.  But honestly, have you ever seen the world?  Have you ever seen how many older men flirt with young girls?  Teachers, employeers, neighbors, everyone.  Unless they actually make sexual advances, no one except maybe people that see the creepy old man doing it and have morals think it's wrong.  But still, quite funny that this happened.  Why don't you say screw it and just make your sim run rampant making woohoo with all the kiddies of the town?  Get it out in the game before you make the mistake in real life hahahaa.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 October 21, 04:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you ever seen how many older men flirt with young girls?  Teachers, employeers, neighbors, everyone . Unless they actually make sexual advances, no one except maybe people that see the creepy old man doing it and have morals think it's wrong. 

I'm kind of curious about the community in which you live. You may want to consider moving.

I sing along with elevator music.
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 October 21, 05:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahahaa, I'm rather curious of what kind of community you live in?  If you don't see older people "flirting" with younger people than you sir, are blind!  Although I have known some that were extremely perverted and over the top, it happens daily.  Flirting isn't just what they show in the game, such as "Embrace, Daze into eyes, Jump into arms" lol, it can be as simple as rather normal conversation with an added hint of sexual tension.  If you don't see it, then you need to open your eyes.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 October 21, 10:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Rather normal conversation with an added hint of sexual tension" is not a conversation option in this game. Something either is a flirt, an attempted romantic gesture, or it isn't. Offering a 12 or a 6 a romantic gesture = pedobear.

Also lots of things "happen daily" IRL that aren't appropriate. The fact that they're common doesn't make them okay. It is not okay to offer sexually charged comments to minors. Yes, RL may have such a thing as "innocent, flirtatious compliment" which is nowhere near "attempted pedobear", but it's all points on a sliding scale. At what point do we say it's not appropriate? Different people will say different points, but sims do not have to wonder. Flirt equals come-on, which gets pedobear busted.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 October 21, 13:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it interesting that at least two of the positions you listed are ones with unequal balances of power. I'm fairly certain that, were I to walk into work and begin flirting with my students one day, the general reaction from parents and administration would not be "well, shit happens".

If nothing seems off to you about an adult in a position of power abusing that position to flirt with a minor, then I am entirely grateful you aren't my boss or a teacher.

On a side note, I'm female, not male.

I sing along with elevator music.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 October 21, 22:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, it occurred to me that blackninja's attitude can all be explained if s/he is a 12. Lol hahaa.
monkeydave
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 October 21, 22:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the mod and I really don't want to play without it. But why create something to better the game, and then add in things to spite those who want to do things you disagree with? In some states, 16 is legal, and your insistence that they are 12 doesn't really hold weight when teens are in high school in the game, so at least half of them are over 16.

And Inteen 3 doesn't seem to work with awesomemod. So now I have to choose between a great mod that fixes a lot and my desire to bang 17 year olds.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 October 21, 22:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't read the FAQ, did you? There is no 16 or 17. There is 12, and there is 18.

Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 October 22, 03:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the mod and I really don't want to play without it. But why create something to better the game, and then add in things to spite those who want to do things you disagree with? In some states, 16 is legal, and your insistence that they are 12 doesn't really hold weight when teens are in high school in the game, so at least half of them are over 16.

And Inteen 3 doesn't seem to work with awesomemod. So now I have to choose between a great mod that fixes a lot and my desire to bang 17 year olds.

You're kind of sick if that's really that hard of a choice for you (I easily prefer AM despite the silly restrictions), but I agree with you that "the rule of 6" is BS.

TS3 teens look and act like people around 16 and should be treated that way by the mod.  And 16 is legal in many states, and treated as less than pedophilia by just about everyone. 

If someone is into 16 year olds, it's ephebohilia (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia) and in fact, "because most late adolescents have physical characteristics near (or in other cases, identical) to that of full-grown adults, some level of sexual attraction to persons in the age group is common among adults of all sexual orientations."

I also remember plenty of pretty female high schoolers flirting with male teachers in high school in hopes of improving their grades.

Those who like what Pescado did with it just like something to feel self-righteous about, and we all can agree that adults have no business having sex with, or even being attracted to, 12 year olds.  But these are pixels, and the pixels don't look or act like 12 year olds.
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 October 22, 03:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What attitude do you think I have Tangie, because it occured to me that you do not know me, nor did what I said have anything to do with my personal beliefs or morals. I am just not one of those La-De-Da fucks that tries to block out all the horrible parts of society today.  I see them, I understand them, I do not condone then, I do my best to stop these things, but after all, I myself cannot change every thing that's wrong with the world today.  And I can tell by some of your posts that your opinoin of what could be considered flirty is much different than mine.  Now I am not saying a male teacher will walk into a room, stand over a girl's desk and say sexual inuedos till his dick gets hard, I'm saying it could be such as a male teacher is sitting behind his desk, while the class works.  A previous female student comes in the room to say hi to their "favorite" teacher they had, and the male teacher drops awerness of his classroom to chitter chat with this girl and laugh about smile about how fun it was to have in her class.  See, although he did not formally do anything "sexually" related, he became pre-occupied and focused attention on this girl.  How about anough one?  A male, high up in a company is looking for a new secretary.  A multitude of woman come in to apply, one very attractive woman has a slightly worse resume than a horrendously ugly woman.  Now, although the attractive woman is slightly less calified, are the chances that she will be hired not MUCH MUCH higher than the other woman's chances?  Although these examples may not be the best, you are downright ignorant if you do not think occurances like these happen daily, and if there is a deep rooted seed of sexuality in it.  We are only mammals, animals at heart, albiet a much more evolved species of such, but in the end we still have the basic insticts to procreate.  

As to Liz...with saying that that option isn't in the game...did you read what I wrote?  I am talking about REAL LIFE, not the game.  I'm refering to real people, not the 12 or 6 in the game.  Real world.

And Sigmund, power has nothing to do with the point I was making.  It's not just wrong if someone abuses their power to do such acts, its wrong if anyone does it.  I don't see what you point is in stating that they were unequal balances of power, because do you really think I'm stupid enough to think "Yuck yuck yuck, da garbig man need to tell da senator how to work yuck yuck".  I know balance of power, but that has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 October 22, 04:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As to Liz...with saying that that option isn't in the game...did you read what I wrote?  I am talking about REAL LIFE, not the game.  I'm refering to real people, not the 12 or 6 in the game.  Real world.
Any number of reasonable, intelligent people would read your post as "It's no big deal for adults to flirt with kids." The examples you then chose to illustrate this "flirting", however, are ridiculously low on actual flirtation. Teacher pays attention to his unexpected guest? That's not flirting. Guy wants to hire the more attractive applicant? Certainly rooted in sexual attraction, but it has nothing to do with adults flirting with minors. It's irrelevant.

Now, did you read what I wrote? Because I'm well aware that there's a big difference between the game and REAL LIFE. And part of that difference is that where REAL LIFE might have a slightly flirtatious interaction between an adult and a minor that isn't cause for alerting the authorities, in the game, there is no such thing. IN THE GAME, all flirtation is by definition romantic/sexual in nature. So I find it perfectly "realistical" that a REAL LIFE adult would be labeled a pedo for attempting to interact with a minor in the ways the game recognizes as flirting.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: