More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:17:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New AwesomeMod Request Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New AwesomeMod Request Thread  (Read 128463 times)
lidaja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New AwesomeMod Request Thread
« Reply #150 on: 2009 October 11, 15:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please can this be done: promiscuity trait (with option of "open relationship" or "going steady"  in romantic sub menu) and no jealousy trait or both integrated? Huh
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 October 11, 15:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Falconpunchall"

I had a handful of borked pregnancy's stuck at 72 hours who wouldn't give birth. Also it'd be good if you want no more baby's in the hood.
Fribble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 October 11, 16:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to have a log of all the births ,marriages ,and deaths?
After a long wollfrun, it would be nice to be able to go back and see who married who without having to poke at individual family trees.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 11, 16:43:35 by Fribble » Logged
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 October 11, 16:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This probably isn't the kind of mod that goes into awesomemod......but I was wondering if a mod could be made in Awesomemod that made it so twins/triplet births weren't all the same gender. That really annoys me.  Sad

Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 October 11, 16:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he should take Twallan's approach on this.  If a birth is twins or triplets, then you would lock the first gender and randomize the next.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 October 11, 19:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if children could farm. I believe in child labor.
I'd also like it if they could gain athletic and the other skills they used to be able to earn in TS2, perhaps, say, with the items that are directly copied from TS2... the play table for mechanical ("handiness" these days) and painting, the easy-bake oven for cooking, the playground and pool for athletic. And what ever happened to the rabbit head for charisma?

There's a "children can garden" mod at MTS, but the animations are wonky. Still, you may want to check it out.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Absimiliard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 October 12, 02:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been poking around for a little while now trying to see if it would be possible to make it so Adult sims have a substantially reduced chance to conceive a shild (as compared to Young Adult sims). I have only found one value that determines the chance of success for "Try for Baby". I know Pescado has alluded to the fact that the Sims 3 does not have a barren adult stage. Would it be possible to either make such a stage or reduce Adult's chance of conception? I really don't like 50+ year old sims having babies when their eldest children are already out of the house and reporducing on their own. (What is this Little House on the Prairie?)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 October 12, 02:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if children could farm. I believe in child labor.
I'd also like it if they could gain athletic and the other skills they used to be able to earn in TS2, perhaps, say, with the items that are directly copied from TS2... the play table for mechanical ("handiness" these days) and painting, the easy-bake oven for cooking, the playground and pool for athletic. And what ever happened to the rabbit head for charisma?

They already get cooking skill from the oven and mechanical from the play table.  Like the xylophone and peg box for toddlers, they can only get up to level 3 in those skills.  They don't show up as learned skills until they become a teen and actually cook or unclog a toilet for the first time.

I miss the charisma bunny, too, but in TS3 the charisma skill also requires friends and acquaintences after a certain level, so I guess they figured it wouldn't really do much good until a sim hits teen.

I haven't done enough with a child and athletic yet, but they can work out to the TV.  I also noticed that a teen playing catch was gaining athletic skill, so it may be that a child does, too, but it's "hidden" until they become a teen.

Someone else may know the answer to that better than I do.

I haven't gotten anything in my games from the play table.  The pegbox and xylophone at least show skills building, even though you can't see them until they reach child age (logic, writing and painting will show up at child stage).  I have had toddlers play every waking hour for several days on the play table and their handiness still starts at zero.  What am I missing?  or does the skill building apply when they are children not toddlers?

Painting and writing come from reading book with your toddlers.  Read all the painting books with your toddlers and they get a boost for the painting skill.  The same with the writing.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 October 12, 02:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or does the skill building apply when they are children not toddlers?

That, as noted in my thread about skill building in the facts and learnings section.

INFP or something
mhavril
Asinine Airhead

I told you so.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 October 12, 02:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't killed enough sims I'd actually know about to have spotted any grave purges. It seems like something that would be difficult to test for unless I stumble across something in the code that is doing it, which I haven't, despite poking around in urnstones fairly extensively. The thing is, if I slay a bajillion sims in an attempt to see if anyone's gravestones go poof from a communiy lot, I won't recognize them to notice!

I guess if you ever do want to, you could just do "rename A," "rename B," etc. on some Sims and leave their graves in the graveyard, and see which of the alphabet are left after a while. When the grave purges happened to me, interestingly, the few pre-existing graves of the deceased that I didn't delete just remained, while my custom sims' graves were purged after less than a Sim week.

But since I don't know much about game coding, I suppose it's much harder than I can really imagine. Until then, family cemeteries and inventories full of graves have worked out pretty well, so they should be okay. Thanks for your reply, though! Smiley
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 October 12, 18:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To what someone said about the log a few posts back.....I was thinking it would be cool if there was a directory of sims that have died, because sometimes you miss their grave and then it's gone...so it would be nice to be able to remember....and possibly even spawn a gravestone with their name on it. (even if there was no sim really in it)

Editable Gravestones would be cool
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 October 12, 19:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way you could implement an automatic payment mod, the sort available by Monique for TS2? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=203984
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 October 12, 19:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way you could implement an automatic payment mod, the sort available by Monique for TS2? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=203984
That isn't really core material, nor is it relevant to my interests, so make Twallan do it. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 October 12, 19:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about if sims has the ability to sneak (through being child of burglar or high up in the criminal track), they could have an interaction on all houses where they could sneak inside and steal stuff (with the kleptomaniac trait of course). If they were to enter a room with resident sim in they would call the police and your sim could get arrested and put in the slammer for a bit.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 October 12, 21:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to those who offered suggestions. I knew about the books but not the oven or the play table. So if I understand correctly, the latter builds mechanical skill for children but not toddlers?

I've had athletic children work out a bit to satisfy a want, but I'll try doing it for longer and see if they start with a bonus as teens.

INTP.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009 October 12, 22:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right.  Play table and oven for children, books, xylophone and peg box for toddlers.  I'm still testing a child on athletic, also.  Haven't read kuronue's thread yet, though.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009 October 13, 02:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Child fitness works more or less the same as adult fitness. Children can swim in order to gain athletic skill, but not until they already have one athletic skill point. Children can't use the workout equipment, but they can workout to a TV or stereo to gain that first point. I think maybe the playground equipment allows them to gain athletic skill too.

Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 October 13, 13:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Child fitness works more or less the same as adult fitness. Children can swim in order to gain athletic skill, but not until they already have one athletic skill point. Children can't use the workout equipment, but they can workout to a TV or stereo to gain that first point. I think maybe the playground equipment allows them to gain athletic skill too.

Maybe my game is borked because no matter how much my kids workout to the TV or stereo they never gain a point.

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 October 13, 14:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Chaavik made that, so it is a third-party item which enables that, and not part of the normal game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 October 13, 17:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use Chaavik's mod, but it just occurred to me that maybe kids can gain fitness from working out, but not athletic skill points. I don't often play households with children, so it's possible that my memory fails me.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 October 13, 21:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had athletic children work out a bit to satisfy a want, but I'll try doing it for longer and see if they start with a bonus as teens.
I've had athletic children work out to try to fulfill a want, but it has never worked.  The want stays unfulfilled even though the blue bar above the head fills all the way up.   Huh  Maybe my game is more borked than everyone elses.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 October 14, 00:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had athletic children work out to try to fulfill a want, but it has never worked.  The want stays unfulfilled even though the blue bar above the head fills all the way up.   Huh  Maybe my game is more borked than everyone elses.

You get a blue bar above the head? Like they're gaining a skill? And these are children?
^
Do I sound incredulous?

INTP.
monkeydave
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 October 14, 03:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anything be done about the 'unbeatable' opportunities?

Like when you have to take something to work or go to work to complete it, but it expires before you work next?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 October 14, 05:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is the same bar I get, it is actually the fatigue bar (horizontal in the box at the top left of the screen), not the skill bar.  I haven't seen the skill bar for athletic appear on children.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 2009 October 14, 13:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are some additional traits for you to consider:

Overeater: gets a positive moodlet in place of "stuffed"; perhaps a stronger negative for hungry
Anorexic: positive moodlet for hungry, very hungry; perhaps negative moodlet for "satisfying meal"
Night Owl: positive moodlet for being awake from 11pm to 4am; negative moodlet for being asleep during this time
Morning Bird: positive moodlet for being awake from 5am to 10am; negative moodlet for being asleep during this time
Violent: can hit people without being their enemy, and gets a positive moodlet for doing so
Fashionable: positive moodlet for changing outfits (ie selecting brand new ones); perhaps positive moodlet for simply switching outfits
Beauty Obsessed: positive moodlet for wearing makeup and accessories, and beauty treatments at the spa
Clingy: negative moodlet for being alone in room
Gossip: positive moodlet for gossiping; always knows when partners are cheating, and can instigate jealous reaction by telling sim about their cheating partner
Chronically Sore: often gets sore, sometimes for no reason
Compulsive shopper: positive moodlet for buying things, especially non-buy mode
Morbid: positive moodlet when acquaintance dies; positive moodlet while in graveyard

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: