More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 21:11:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New AwesomeMod Request Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New AwesomeMod Request Thread  (Read 127772 times)
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
Re: New AwesomeMod Request Thread
« Reply #125 on: 2009 October 08, 08:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A suggestion: instead of going to the trouble of making these odd ill-designed EA/Maxis careers so that only one person can reach the top, why not just tweak the language of the scripts so that they're not illogical if multiple sims reach the top?  For example, if we assume that Sunset Valley and Riverview and any other future Sim Cities are diplomatic hubs, such as New York, Washington, London, Geneva, etc., it would make sense to have high level politicians in these cities from multiple countries.  Every patriot thinks his/her country is at the top of the "free world", so "leader of the free world" could be consistent with president or diplomat of one's own country, etc.  With some creativity, one could rewrite the descriptions for the political career track so that it wouldn't be illogical to have multiple sims in the same city with the same job description at high level jobs.  Same goes for the criminal track if one assumes that there are multiple crime families and one gets promoted to head of the family.

What do you think?

And, barring that, for those of us willing to play "let's pretend" we're in such a diplomatic city, how about making the "There can be only one" mode optional?  :-)

Your answer is in this thread. Make an override mod of the Careers XML and delete the MOH tags, or just open awesome.package in a package editor and delete the relevant XML (the instance ends in CE302). The feature is effectively optional already.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 October 08, 08:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same goes for the criminal track if one assumes that there are multiple crime families and one gets promoted to head of the family.
If you want multiple crime famblies, INSTALL MULTIPLE CRIME BUILDINGS. This is, in fact, already coded into it. As for "diplomatic cities"...no, that explanation is still stupid, just like you. Do you take stupid pills so you can be this stupid, or is this something that you achieve naturally?

Is it possible to add alimony and child custody with option of peaceful/unpeaceful decision making for married and no-married sims?
No. Kill him and eat him, like sensible people.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 October 08, 11:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Eaxis will make an Apartment EP two years later, but last time it was a pain in the a**. With the lockable door from MTS, we can have a semi-functional apartment building if there is a way to track how much salary each resident brings in, a stat in the sim info like total wealth accumulated so far (Squinge's cheese/wealth painting function). With this information, I can record how much wealth before a sim/family moves in and before they move out, and decide how much they should take when they move out based on how much other families have made and how much total "family funds" has changed during that period of time. At any time, I can also check and calculate in the same way to decide how much fund should be a certain family's own fund and spend accordingly.

As for the move-in furniture cost and rent, I'm thinking about manually transfer funds between the renter and the landlord.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 October 08, 12:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Toonie, Wizard and others,

MTS has a No Food Spoilage mod by mikrokitty in 3 flavors: 16, 24 and 1 million hours. I use the million hours flavor because I don't like any of my food to spoil ever. Check it out!

Thanks, I'll have a look.  I browse MTS from time to time to check out what they have that will work with AM, must have missed that one.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 October 08, 14:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this has been suggested but, Sims with the can't stand art trait still the "Decorated" moodlets when the room is full of decorations. They should be getting a negative one.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 October 08, 14:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, things can be decorated for reasons other than being art, I imagine. I, for one, am utterly indifferent to art, but would consider a room with sufficiently impressive armor-plating and other defensive hardware to be well-decorated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elise Bennett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 October 08, 16:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for "diplomatic cities"...no, that explanation is still stupid, just like you. Do you take stupid pills so you can be this stupid, or is this something that you achieve naturally?
Gee, thanks.  You have a nice day too, now, y'hear?
Elise Bennett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 October 08, 16:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your answer is in this thread. Make an override mod of the Careers XML and delete the MOH tags, or just open awesome.package in a package editor and delete the relevant XML (the instance ends in CE302). The feature is effectively optional already.
My answer to your comment is already in this thread.  I don't know how (yet) to do XML coding.  I've made some really, really simple tuning mods using Morgade's Sim customizer tool (eliminated magic gnomes from gems and metals and eliminated the kid/teenager curfew), and I've tried some cloned objects, some of which have worked and some of which have not, for reasons I have yet to understand, but I've yet to delve into actual XML coding.  While I really enjoy simming, I also have a life!  I may have to figure out the coding to keep interest and enjoyment in the game, though.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 October 08, 16:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not double-post.  Use your modify button.
Sarcasm is neither necessary nor appropriate for El Presidente.
And you will be called stupid, repeatedly, if you present yourself as such.
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 October 08, 19:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My answer to your comment is already in this thread.  I don't know how (yet) to do XML coding.  I've made some really, really simple tuning mods using Morgade's Sim customizer tool (eliminated magic gnomes from gems and metals and eliminated the kid/teenager curfew), and I've tried some cloned objects, some of which have worked and some of which have not, for reasons I have yet to understand, but I've yet to delve into actual XML coding.  While I really enjoy simming, I also have a life!  I may have to figure out the coding to keep interest and enjoyment in the game, though.

Well, you're stuck playing a bit more realistically than you'd like until you can learn to at least use S3PE to remove the careers XML from AM.  Since what you want is idiotic, I agree with Pescado's decision to deny your request.

What you want to do is so easy I did it by accident when I was just trying to give my sims shorter work hours as they're more fun to play when they aren't working.  I explained what I did for those who might want it and at least are smart enough to do on purpose what I did accidentally.  Then, when I realized what I'd done, I put the limits into my own override because I had no desire for the town to have multiple mayors or governors, etc..

LTWs are supposed to be very hard to achieve.  Some of them are far too easy, like 20 friends.  That one should be 50 friends or something.  The Leader of the Free World LTW, even with the limits in the file, remains much easier to achieve than it is in real life (not that I'm saying it should be as hard as real life, or most aspirants would never achieve it; but it's still achievable by any decent player).
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 October 09, 00:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a tutorial here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15936.0.html

This is what I did quite awhile back and it's pretty easy, even for a non-programmer.  I have 25 years of programming experience, but even my husband, who knows diddly about it, could follow this.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Elise Bennett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 October 09, 05:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a tutorial here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15936.0.html

This is what I did quite awhile back and it's pretty easy, even for a non-programmer.  I have 25 years of programming experience, but even my husband, who knows diddly about it, could follow this.
Thank you!!  It's a start.  My knowledge of programming is limited to an undergraduate course in FORTRAN IV that I took in 1980, so I'm really rusty, but I haven't forgotten the basic logical structure.

Thanks to Chann as well for the constructive help offered.

Toonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 October 09, 06:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Toonie, Wizard and others,

MTS has a No Food Spoilage mod by mikrokitty in 3 flavors: 16, 24 and 1 million hours. I use the million hours flavor because I don't like any of my food to spoil ever. Check it out!

Thanks wolf.   I was looking more for something along the lines of  Enable food and fish spoil ON OFF toggle.
I feel it would enhance the game for me if I have the option to set my fruits, veggies, and fish to decay from perfect quality to bad quality for instance rather than having them last in perfect condition for all eternity.

But I also worry it might take a lot of effort to pull that off since they're all set up so differently right now in the game.  IE Food spoils.. fish and fruits do not.
So if its easy to do.. I'll take one.  If its a big pain...  I'll deal with it =)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 October 09, 06:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are several factors against this idea:
1. This would involve unnecessary computational expense to iterate through every INGREDIENT OBJECT in the game every decay-tick.
2. With a bunch of spoiled objects now accumulating in everyone's inventory, something must now get rid of them when they go bad. This will either need to be automated, so the effect is that the items simply disappear without a trace; noisy, so that the player is spammed by spoiled food popups; or manual, in which case the player is annoyed by having to manually search the inventory for spoiled items and junk them, as the regular-inventory lacks a "destroy all spoiled foods" button like th fridge does. Either way, annoying.
3. It unnecessarily increases the level of zero-point micromanagement, given that there is no associated in-game cost with teleporting the objects to the fridge, except in annoying the player. It is possible to automate this functionality, but the only thing this accomplishes is to decrease organization, as dumping everything into the fridge bin costs no time in-game and will simply make the inventory less orderly.

In short, this feature would not add anything to the game except annoyance and computational expense.

Toonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 October 09, 08:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the clarification Pescado.  I was actually looking more along the lines of quality decay rather than spoilage. 
But I think that point is moot if you have to include decay tick computations for each item.  So I will learn to deal.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 October 09, 10:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quality decay and spoilage are the same things. Once an item decays below "Very Nice", it is effectively spoiled.

Amorata
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 October 09, 21:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my first post, so i'll be looking forward to the insults Wink

Would it be possible to do something about the babysitters?  They hardly work even when I haxor their traits.  It makes the game not fun with more than one spawn, just ends up reminding me why I has none irl.

Thank you, and if I'm being dumb, let the chastisement commence.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 October 09, 22:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amorata, there have been several requests for babysitter improvment; they're kind of a pain in everyone's ass.  One imperfect solution is to simply create a sim caregiver and move him or her into your sim house as a live-in nanny.  Annoying, since thier babycare is completely unautomated so you have to tell them what to do all the time, but also good because you actually *can* tell them what to do so they don't just stand thier picking their nose for hours while the spawn screams in hunger, hygene, and social despiration.  Another bonus is that you don't have to pay them.   Tongue

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2009 October 10, 00:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An elegant solution is to put everybody except the designated carer on SupCom. I've noticed Sims on SupCom tend to run around and spectacularly neglect their spawn.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 October 10, 03:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make sims keep their hairstyle when they age up (from child to teen, from teen to YA, etc) as much as possible?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 October 10, 04:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure. It seems that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it results in "genetic hairstyle" that is retained FOREVER.

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 October 11, 09:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if children could farm. I believe in child labor.
I'd also like it if they could gain athletic and the other skills they used to be able to earn in TS2, perhaps, say, with the items that are directly copied from TS2... the play table for mechanical ("handiness" these days) and painting, the easy-bake oven for cooking, the playground and pool for athletic. And what ever happened to the rabbit head for charisma?

INTP.
mhavril
Asinine Airhead

I told you so.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 October 11, 09:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there currently anything in AwesomeMod to prevent random grave purges on community lots? I have read about them on The Sims 3 forums, and they have happened to me before (before and after getting AwesomeMod). I haven't placed any graves on community lots in a while out of stigma of losing the graves, and I was just wondering if there is currently such a prevention with AwesomeMod, and if not, I would like to suggest it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 October 11, 10:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't killed enough sims I'd actually know about to have spotted any grave purges. It seems like something that would be difficult to test for unless I stumble across something in the code that is doing it, which I haven't, despite poking around in urnstones fairly extensively. The thing is, if I slay a bajillion sims in an attempt to see if anyone's gravestones go poof from a communiy lot, I won't recognize them to notice!

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 October 11, 12:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if children could farm. I believe in child labor.
I'd also like it if they could gain athletic and the other skills they used to be able to earn in TS2, perhaps, say, with the items that are directly copied from TS2... the play table for mechanical ("handiness" these days) and painting, the easy-bake oven for cooking, the playground and pool for athletic. And what ever happened to the rabbit head for charisma?

They already get cooking skill from the oven and mechanical from the play table.  Like the xylophone and peg box for toddlers, they can only get up to level 3 in those skills.  They don't show up as learned skills until they become a teen and actually cook or unclog a toilet for the first time.

I miss the charisma bunny, too, but in TS3 the charisma skill also requires friends and acquaintences after a certain level, so I guess they figured it wouldn't really do much good until a sim hits teen.

I haven't done enough with a child and athletic yet, but they can work out to the TV.  I also noticed that a teen playing catch was gaining athletic skill, so it may be that a child does, too, but it's "hidden" until they become a teen.

Someone else may know the answer to that better than I do.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: