More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:51:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New AwesomeMod Request Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New AwesomeMod Request Thread  (Read 128255 times)
Krevetti
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New AwesomeMod Request Thread
« Reply #100 on: 2009 October 06, 15:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bait books are a waste of time. They were useful when the game was new and they were the quickest way to find the baits. Print out this chart

I already had it printed. I have a few bookworm/angler sims who could use the books and I don't like to keep running to the bookstore if they could more realistically read them in a library. I do agree they are somewhat a disappontment, especially that they are incomplete but I like the idea of sims going to the library to learn instead of just running around trying things at random. And I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and it irks me that not all books are available.  Wink

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
Toonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 October 06, 21:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try feeding your fish after you put them in the bowl, fish die if you don't feed then.  How absurd that they die without food.

I don't keep a garage in my pocket, yet my car ends up there all the time.  How absurd the car fits in my pocket, but a table lamp won't.

You really think people are going to get all twitchy and excited about something just because it makes you the same way?

The point is they don't require food UNTIL I put them in a fishbowl.
It is NOT absurd that they die without food.  That is quite normal.  It IS absurd that they do not die without food while sitting in your inventory.
It IS absurd that cooked food and cake will rot in your inventory but fruits veggies and raw meat will not.

And to answer your question... yes. I do =p

Now I have a question for you.  How productive is your criticism of my perfectly valid request.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 October 06, 22:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I really don't get it when someone criticizes someone else's request. What's the point? But I also don't get it when someone talks about how they like to play this game and someone else complains that it's "unrealistic". Like there's much of anything about this game that is realistic??

On to requests: I don't have any idea if this is a core mod, and I suspect it's not; but I would love it if someone could make those damn paintings stop spinning around in buy mode. It's a complete waste of time looking at the back of a painting!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 October 07, 00:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point is they don't require food UNTIL I put them in a fishbowl.
It is NOT absurd that they die without food.  That is quite normal.  It IS absurd that they do not die without food while sitting in your inventory.
It IS absurd that cooked food and cake will rot in your inventory but fruits veggies and raw meat will not.

And to answer your question... yes. I do =p

Now I have a question for you.  How productive is your criticism of my perfectly valid request.

From what I could tell you want to have to feed the fish in your inventory and have food go rotten all the time? 

Personally, it annoys the hell out of me when the cake and prepared food spoils (especially when you put it in too early to take to work or deliver to someone for an opportunity) in the inventory.  I would prefer to see something that stopped the food from spoiling, not the other way around.

And as for your wanting everyone to feel the same way as you do, about the same things that bug you, it ain't going to happen.

Yeah, I really don't get it when someone criticizes someone else's request. What's the point? But I also don't get it when someone talks about how they like to play this game and someone else complains that it's "unrealistic". Like there's much of anything about this game that is realistic??

On to requests: I don't have any idea if this is a core mod, and I suspect it's not; but I would love it if someone could make those damn paintings stop spinning around in buy mode. It's a complete waste of time looking at the back of a painting!

Because the way some people justify their requests makes the request come across as absurd and stupid.  Assuming your referring to my intended sarcastic reply previously.  In that case the poster complained that he didn't carry a fridge in his pocket, therefore the food should go off.  What does having, or not having a fridge in your pocket got to do with anything?  It is a game, not RL.  Hence the, I don't have a garage in my pocket but why do I carry my car there? or the why does a car fit in my pocket but not a table lamp (referring to the size difference).  The sarcastic reply was based on the absurd way the request/reasoning was justified, in my view. 

Had toonie said something like it was absurd that only some items went off while in the inventory, and it should be either all go off or none go off, and left it that way, I wouldn't have attempted the sarcastic reply.

You right in that there's not much realistic in the game, and while I enjoy playing it, great stress relief, I don't get overly involved in realism, because it is after all, just a game.  I think some people forget it is just a game.

I agree with your request,  it is extremely annoying when you have to look at the back of them.  You see, you didn't justify your request with some bizarre attempted logic or reasoning.  If you had of tried to justify your request with something like, they don't spin around in shops, or spin around when on the walls, or I can't hang them backwards, etc, then I probably, if I felt like it, would have made some sarcastic response.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 October 07, 00:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second the request for food in inventory going bad. It makes farming for food/fishing more interesting if I can't just stockpile a month's worth of food in a single sim-day.

INFP or something
kjs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 October 07, 01:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to revive the wanton trait?
I have some sluts in my game who I wish would act just a little bit more wanton...

And I can't wait to see how the racist trait turns out

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 October 07, 03:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second the food in the inventory cooked or uncooked not going bad for longer. Just my 2 cents there.
JeryllCobbs
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 October 07, 03:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this has been said yet, but...

modthesims has a debug enabler that has not been updated for patch 1.4, and the debug enabler has a feature called "money" - you type in money and then a value and it gives the household whatever the value is you typed in.

AM does not have this feature, and it needs it.
lsmithiii
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 October 07, 04:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

modthesims has a debug enabler that has not been updated for patch 1.4, and the debug enabler has a feature called "money" - you type in money and then a value and it gives the household whatever the value is you typed in.

Ever heard of "Familyfunds"?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 October 07, 04:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever heard of "Familyfunds"?

Or "money", which will give the active family $1,000,000 unless you specify another amount.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 October 07, 05:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make the MaxOfficeHolders function optional?

You could edit the XML file in AM that sets the maximums, if you really want not to have them or want to change the numbers.

I liked the max officeholders and wondered why it wasn't functioning.  I realized that since I'd already made XML changes to the Careers file (to give sims more time off; it's no fun when they're at work) and placed it at a higher priority than AM it was overriding AM's XML.  I went and added max officeholders similar to AM's (my numbers are probably a little different, but obviously only one governor, etc.) to my XML.

If you don't want them you can just use SimPE to edit the XML in AM to edit them out.

With SimPE, XML editing is so easy you can be as non-awesome as me and do it. Smiley

Yeah, that's what I've been doing.  I just didn't want to have to worry about maybe needing to update it every time I update AM.

You can do it without editing it each time by doing what I was accidentally doing:  Take your modified careers file, with whatever limits you want (including no limit) and put it in a directory your Resource.cfg file gives a higher priority than AM's directory.

The one most of us use gives the main packages directory a 500 priority.  Well, make an overrides directory under the packages directory with 501 priority, and put your careers file in there.

Mine looks like:

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/overrides/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
Priority 498
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
Priority 497
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
Priority 496
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package

I know from another thread you can see I'm having some big problems right now, but it was like that even when I wasn't having those problems.  My careers file is in the overrides directory; and in my case because I was after shorter hours rather than overriding max officeholders I put max officeholders back into mine.  You can take them out of yours, though.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 October 07, 06:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM does in fact have this feature.
Toonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 October 07, 07:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I could tell you want to have to feed the fish in your inventory and have food go rotten all the time? 

One way or the other. I just want it consistent.  Either fish don't die in bowls or inventory.  Or they rot in your inventory if sitting too long.
Same for food. Either all food rot or none of them do.

And as for your wanting everyone to feel the same way as you do, about the same things that bug you, it ain't going to happen.

STOP putting words in my mouth buddy.  I said I thought SOMEONE else will probably be annoyed by the same thing. Not everybody.

Had toonie said something like it was absurd that only some items went off while in the inventory, and it should be either all go off or none go off, and left it that way, I wouldn't have attempted the sarcastic reply.

The only thing you accomplish by doing this is to cause post clutter. 
First by me having to correct everything you misrepresent from reading my post poorly.
Second by everyone else that has to comment on your critique of my post. 
Third by this back and forth banter that always ensues.
And lastly.. it is a request..  and a request that probably (as I admitted in the post originally) is more trouble than it is worth to accomplish.

So I ask you again.. because you have yet to answer.  How exactly is your initial critique of my request productive.
Perhaps you would have been better off with a logical counter argument that you would prefer that nothing rots at all to begin with. We wouldn't have a useless series of posts that now everyone has to sift through.

To everyone else, I apologize for taking up so much space over something so insignificant.
Nightwish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 October 07, 16:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the green bar appears, that means they haven't finished the book. Once a Sim finishes a book, that's when the autonomy kicks in. The Sim autonomously does not reread that book ever again. And yes, it works for the playable Sims. Let the green bar fill up, and they won't reread it unless directed to.

It is absolutely clear for me. But when I want my sim to read book (no sim autonomous read but when I "told him" to do it) then the only thing that show me the sim completly read this book in past, it's this green bar not appearing. Then I must cancel this read command and choose another book and maybe this book is not read before... Problem is, I can't remember what books my sims read completly before! That's why I request option, that completly disables reread option not only for autonomous read but for player commands too. For example, like with cook book, when sim read how to make cookies, then when I want my sim to reread this book, the reread option is grayed. I want such behavior for all of the books. Of course it will be good to be able to switch this option to enabled or disabled in Awesome configuration (not all would want such behavior).
Do you know now what I mean? Is it clear now? Wink
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 October 07, 19:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make autosave to pause the game before saving?
We are actively looking into that, yes. In fact, I wrote something to ostensibly pause the game, do the save, and then unpause, but apparently it doesn't always stick in the autosave.

And can you make a 80 minutes autosave interval too? My game's saving takes forever and 60 minutes play is a little short for me until the next long saving.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 October 07, 23:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Nightwish: Are you aware that if you click on a book the sim has already read that it will say "reread (book)" instead of "read (book)? You do have to pay attention to notice it since it's subtle. And you still have to click on the book to see which ones your sim has read or not read (I can never remember which ones have already been read either).
Elise Bennett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 October 08, 00:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make the MaxOfficeHolders function optional?
I'm not particularly interested in trying to support utterly retarded behavior, so no.
This behavior surely isn't nearly as "retarded" as pedophilia, is it?

As subsequent posts show, lots of people are clearly interested in it.  I tried (without success, I might add; my game crashed) to uninstall awesomemod today to try to get someone's lifetime wish to reach a level ten career met when the game was trying to prevent it because his boss (an NPC game-generated to fill the spot) was already there.  I finally managed a work-around by using developer-mode cheats to demote the boss by inviting her over and clicking on her to demote her to level nine, but it shouldn't have been that hard.  And unlike most folks here, I haven't (yet) learned to code and write my own core mods, and would REALLY appreciate the ability to make this behavior optional.  It's a real pity when one chooses to play characters already in existence with already-chosen LTWs to have to change them just because awesomemod has decided that There Can Be Only One...
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 October 08, 00:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried (without success, I might add; my game crashed) to uninstall awesomemod today to try to get someone's lifetime wish to reach a level ten career met when the game was trying to prevent it because his boss (an NPC game-generated to fill the spot) was already there.  I finally managed a work-around by using developer-mode cheats to demote the boss by inviting her over and clicking on her to demote her to level nine, but it shouldn't have been that hard....It's a real pity when one chooses to play characters already in existence with already-chosen LTWs to have to change them just because awesomemod has decided that There Can Be Only One...
You could have killed her, or just watied for her to die of old age.  Or, you could have been *better than* her.  Just because a sim is already Leader of the Free World for example, doesn't mean they will always have that job.  If your sim was outperforming her, your sim would have been promoted and that sim demoted.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 October 08, 01:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This behavior surely isn't nearly as "retarded" as pedophilia, is it?

Its illogical.

If you want to blame someone then blame EA from such stupid careers, like Political were everything above level 6 is "there can be only one" ... if you want to argue that people might redo the careers were the "there can be only one" issue goes away or only happens at the top of the career and this ends up being a possible deadlock for such efforts is one thing but that is not what you did right?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 October 08, 01:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, if you just ignore the question and the officeholder is some random NPC, you will bump them after a round or two anyway, as NPCs are not very good at boosting job performance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elise Bennett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 October 08, 06:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have killed her, or just watied for her to die of old age.  Or, you could have been *better than* her.  Just because a sim is already Leader of the Free World for example, doesn't mean they will always have that job.  If your sim was outperforming her, your sim would have been promoted and that sim demoted.
I'm not sure how she got promoted to the job to begin with, since I have awesomemod configured to forbid nonactive characters from getting promotions and she started out with a midlevel job.    Previously, NPC bosses stayed in their original jobs and played characters got promoted above them, game logic be damned (and that was just fine with me, thank you very much).  And no one can die, because I have aging off.  This is MY world, and I don't much like death, so no one dies or ages, and no one breeds (don't like kids either!), and my sims all max out all their skills at their leisure.  I've run up against this issue before, and no one EVER outperformed anyone previously in the top job.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 October 08, 06:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how she got promoted to the job to begin with, since I have awesomemod configured to forbid nonactive characters from getting promotions and she started out with a midlevel job.
The default game will bump up random sims to highlevel posts if a "boss" sim is needed, usually because you did something to interact with one.

Previously, NPC bosses stayed in their original jobs and played characters got promoted above them, game logic be damned (and that was just fine with me, thank you very much).
Yeah, well, since you're not the one writing the game logic, I can guess we can all be thankful for that.

And no one can die, because I have aging off.  This is MY world, and I don't much like death, so no one dies or ages, and no one breeds (don't like kids either!), and my sims all max out all their skills at their leisure.  I've run up against this issue before, and no one EVER outperformed anyone previously in the top job.
They will. Assuming you're not competing against yourself, but against a random nameless sim, they tend not to actually go to work so their performance is just stuck there because the game doesn't instantiate them, meaning they don't advance and are quickly overrun.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lidaja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 October 08, 07:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to add alimony and child custody with option of peaceful/unpeaceful decision making for married and no-married sims?
Elise Bennett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 October 08, 07:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Previously, NPC bosses stayed in their original jobs and played characters got promoted above them, game logic be damned (and that was just fine with me, thank you very much).
Yeah, well, since you're not the one writing the game logic, I can guess we can all be thankful for that.
Hey, if I WROTE the game logic, the issues wouldn't arise.  I don't like the illogic any better than anyone else; I just don't like it that with the mod, multiple folks can't arise to the top of the career path.

A suggestion: instead of going to the trouble of making these odd ill-designed EA/Maxis careers so that only one person can reach the top, why not just tweak the language of the scripts so that they're not illogical if multiple sims reach the top?  For example, if we assume that Sunset Valley and Riverview and any other future Sim Cities are diplomatic hubs, such as New York, Washington, London, Geneva, etc., it would make sense to have high level politicians in these cities from multiple countries.  Every patriot thinks his/her country is at the top of the "free world", so "leader of the free world" could be consistent with president or diplomat of one's own country, etc.  With some creativity, one could rewrite the descriptions for the political career track so that it wouldn't be illogical to have multiple sims in the same city with the same job description at high level jobs.  Same goes for the criminal track if one assumes that there are multiple crime families and one gets promoted to head of the family.

What do you think?

And, barring that, for those of us willing to play "let's pretend" we're in such a diplomatic city, how about making the "There can be only one" mode optional?  :-)
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 October 08, 07:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Toonie, Wizard and others,

MTS has a No Food Spoilage mod by mikrokitty in 3 flavors: 16, 24 and 1 million hours. I use the million hours flavor because I don't like any of my food to spoil ever. Check it out!

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: