More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:48:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New AwesomeMod Request Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New AwesomeMod Request Thread  (Read 127237 times)
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New AwesomeMod Request Thread
« Reply #75 on: 2009 October 04, 06:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My question/request  is related to if there is or can be added to AM or made that can reduce or remove the sound that is made when a sim achieves a goal or whatever. Like reaching level 1 of gardening through reading. Because I have noticed that no matter how I set my sound on my computer it is a lot louder and I tend to play late at night when my boyfriend is trying to sleep so I have to turn all the rest of the sound down so low I can't hear it and it might as well be turned off. I have tried looking to see if someone may have down this all ready but I am not getting anywhere. But I am not very good at doing searches either. Anyone know if there is or could be such a thing??? Any help would be so greatly appreciate​d.

PS. It was suggested to me that this was probably core mod related and that is why I am asking here.

Thanks,
Lady
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 October 04, 07:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My question/request  is related to if there is or can be added to AM or made that can reduce or remove the sound that is made when a sim achieves a goal or whatever. Like reaching level 1 of gardening through reading. Because I have noticed that no matter how I set my sound on my computer it is a lot louder and I tend to play late at night when my boyfriend is trying to sleep so I have to turn all the rest of the sound down so low I can't hear it and it might as well be turned off. I have tried looking to see if someone may have down this all ready but I am not getting anywhere. But I am not very good at doing searches either. Anyone know if there is or could be such a thing??? Any help would be so greatly appreciate​d.

PS. It was suggested to me that this was probably core mod related and that is why I am asking here.

Thanks,
Lady

I have the same problem and I discover that I can lower those stupid noises (special effects if I remember right) but it doesn't stick when I close the game. The cursor stays where I put it but the sound is back to full after I restart the game. SO I have to lower it everytime I start the game. Have you tried that ?
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 October 04, 08:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks,
Lady

I have the same problem and I discover that I can lower those stupid noises (special effects if I remember right) but it doesn't stick when I close the game. The cursor stays where I put it but the sound is back to full after I restart the game. SO I have to lower it everytime I start the game. Have you tried that ?

No I hadn't but I will I would still like something more permanent though if it is possible. The sounds is honestly very annoying to me. I would like it gone if possible. But I like most of the rest of the game sound. (Shrugs)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 October 04, 09:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My question/request  is related to if there is or can be added to AM or made that can reduce or remove the sound that is made when a sim achieves a goal or whatever.
Someone has already made a hack that eliminates the fanfare for achieving a want. This is not an issue for core modding.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Luisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 October 04, 12:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An option to paint a painting (be it a standard in-game one, or a portrait etc) without all the daft blur/filter effects that are slapped on due to traits.

Even with no artistic trait or any of the traits that supposedly affect the style, my sims always seem to paint them with the blur, making them look rubbish. Sad

Any typographical errors in the above post are likely caused by excess alcohol consumption.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 October 04, 16:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make the MaxOfficeHolders function optional?  According to the career list, the medical maxes don't start until level 9, but in the code, they start at level 7.

I couldn't give a shit less about how many sims are in a particular office, but I can understand why some people want this kind of realism.

I don't have any intention of having 5 governors or 10 astronauts, but I would like to not have to worry about having 2 or 3 when the max is set to 1.

I made an override file like shown in Facts and Strategery, but I'm worried it could cause problems if I don't continually update it.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 October 04, 18:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make the MaxOfficeHolders function optional?
I'm not particularly interested in trying to support utterly retarded behavior, so no.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 October 04, 19:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My question/request  is related to if there is or can be added to AM or made that can reduce or remove the sound that is made when a sim achieves a goal or whatever.
Someone has already made a hack that eliminates the fanfare for achieving a want. This is not an issue for core modding.

You wouldn't happen to know where I can find it would you I have had no luck. I will search again but if you might know where to even point me for a direction that would be great!
CaptaiNemo
Asinine Airhead

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 October 04, 19:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would be nice if Sims could get rid of some of the junk in their inventory.

You do realise you can manually do those things?
or were you looking for an automatic fix?  because your post makes you sound like you were/are unaware of the ability to do those things yourself already.
Well thanks for elaborating on that one for me, but yeah, I was quite aware that you can do it manually. But then, even if you could, I wouldn't do the dishes or clean the toilet for my sims either - so the point is, sims should autonomously take care of things in their responsibility. And as they pick up all the trash on their own, they should be equally capable of getting rid of it on their very own as well.

The Robotic Hand of God will take care of that for you.
Hm. Should check that out. Cheers!
mkflooniloo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 October 04, 20:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You wouldn't happen to know where I can find it would you I have had no luck. I will search again but if you might know where to even point me for a direction that would be great!

It was in Pudding Factory but the author got his/her feelings hurt and pulled it.

"Oh. It's very impressive. And a little racist." ~Raj
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 October 04, 20:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was in Pudding Factory but the author got his/her feelings hurt and pulled it.

Would you happen to know the name of the person that made it or the name of the hack? So I can do a better search for it then. Cause I am getting no where.
hugejohnson
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 October 04, 20:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey J. M. Pescado, is there any way you can have a option to disable carpool for active household when they reach max level in their career. 

I would prefer to see the same arrangement as we had in TS2.  When your sim owns a vehicle, the carpool stops, and they use their own vehicle to go to work.  I have the smarter vehicle chooser enabled, but when my sim is at home, they still get the carpool more times than not, but if they have gone out somewhere with their own vehicle before work, they take their own vehicle to work while the carpool sits out the front of their house honking for them to come out.

Yeah That would be better if i have a car i would to drive to work instead of having the carpool showing up.  You idea is better i hope this would be implemented soon in the awesome mod.
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 October 04, 22:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could edit the XML file in AM that sets the maximums, if you really want not to have them or want to change the numbers.

I liked the max officeholders and wondered why it wasn't functioning.  I realized that since I'd already made XML changes to the Careers file (to give sims more time off; it's no fun when they're at work) and placed it at a higher priority than AM it was overriding AM's XML.  I went and added max officeholders similar to AM's (my numbers are probably a little different, but obviously only one governor, etc.) to my XML.

If you don't want them you can just use SimPE to edit the XML in AM to edit them out.

With SimPE, XML editing is so easy you can be as non-awesome as me and do it. Smiley
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 October 04, 22:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Better school/work tone auto-choices:  It doesn't hurt a person's performance to try to make friends, so unless "Work On Late Homework" (already added) is needed, then for both work and school "Meet New Friends" till you've met them all and then "Socialize with Co-Workers" should be the defaults (maybe not for Loners).  Even then, "Hold Meetings" is sometimes the wisest choice in Business, and "Suck Up To Boss" can be the wisest choice when a career metric is the boss relationship.
Few caveats: In school, socializing carries the risk that the sim will be punished for it with detention. Therefore, it is not safe. In any event, it also carries an additional problem that irritates me: Inappropriate befriendiment! I am one of those people who is very picky about which sims are allowed to befriend who, as doing otherwise would violate character. Therefore, it is unacceptable when sims inappropriately befriend other sims without my approval. As you basically have no real control over what happens once you pick that tone, I view it as undesirable to pick that tone too freely, even if it's "harmless" in the purely numerical sense.

Possibly allow us to set the default tones for any sims when they're active at the moment?  The default tones could be overridden by circumstance (e.g. "late homework" overrides whatever we choose if there's homework needing to be finished), but are otherwise followed?

Ideally, I'd like there to be solid logic to who befriends whom, but I'm more willing to let work and jobs get people to the point they know each other and let logic-- including mine, as it's easy to lose a friend if you want to-- take it from there.

On the save times for me, I actually got them down to something halfway reasonable (2-3 minutes or so) by deleting a bunch of the 0x000whatever.package files.  I think that the content made with the TSR tool (I don't go to TSR but picked some up at MTS unfortunately) is set to intentionally play poorly with content from free site tools.  I am crashing every 5 or so saves, though (was, although a little less often, before as well), although that's for the bug thread if I post any more details.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 October 05, 21:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could edit the XML file in AM that sets the maximums, if you really want not to have them or want to change the numbers.

I liked the max officeholders and wondered why it wasn't functioning.  I realized that since I'd already made XML changes to the Careers file (to give sims more time off; it's no fun when they're at work) and placed it at a higher priority than AM it was overriding AM's XML.  I went and added max officeholders similar to AM's (my numbers are probably a little different, but obviously only one governor, etc.) to my XML.

If you don't want them you can just use SimPE to edit the XML in AM to edit them out.

With SimPE, XML editing is so easy you can be as non-awesome as me and do it. Smiley

Yeah, that's what I've been doing.  I just didn't want to have to worry about maybe needing to update it every time I update AM.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Toonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 October 06, 00:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fishes don't die in my pocket until I put them in a fishbowl, then they die.  This is absurd.
Fishes and fruits should rot in my pocket.  I don't keep a 'fridge in there, and my pollinator is not that frigid.

Meh probably more trouble than it is worth to d-EA-stupidify.  Just a peeve and I figured I should make someone else twitch over it other than me.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 October 06, 01:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fishes don't die in my pocket until I put them in a fishbowl, then they die.  This is absurd.
Fishes and fruits should rot in my pocket.  I don't keep a 'fridge in there, and my pollinator is not that frigid.

Meh probably more trouble than it is worth to d-EA-stupidify.  Just a peeve and I figured I should make someone else twitch over it other than me.

Try feeding your fish after you put them in the bowl, fish die if you don't feed then.  How absurd that they die without food.

I don't keep a garage in my pocket, yet my car ends up there all the time.  How absurd the car fits in my pocket, but a table lamp won't.

You really think people are going to get all twitchy and excited about something just because it makes you the same way?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2009 October 06, 03:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you added something to do with party pushing, so I'm not sure if this isn't in there already:  i would like a party "pusher" that forces sims to go to a party if they were going to go already.  In other words, once they make a decision to attend, they are going to go, no matter what.  I've had parties where 1 sim out of 8 showed up, even though every one of them was best friends with the inviter.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 October 06, 04:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make autosave to pause the game before saving?

And I would like to have 80-90 minutes autosave interval too.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 October 06, 04:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make autosave to pause the game before saving?
We are actively looking into that, yes. In fact, I wrote something to ostensibly pause the game, do the save, and then unpause, but apparently it doesn't always stick in the autosave.

CaptaiNemo
Asinine Airhead

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 October 06, 06:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to automate purging genetic hair? It seems to sneak back into the game over time.
Krevetti
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 October 06, 08:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to add the fishing bait books to the library too? It's so handy to have the recipes there already.

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 October 06, 09:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to keep the wishes/wants from disappearing after some time has passed if you don't L-click them because of lack of space in your wish boxes?
lsmithiii
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 October 06, 12:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to add the fishing bait books to the library too? It's so handy to have the recipes there already.
The bait books are a waste of time. They were useful when the game was new and they were the quickest way to find the baits. Print out this chart http://snootysims.com/thesims3infoindex.php?id=fishing and have your sim use the appropriate bait where the appropriate fish is present. They don't even have to be skilled to the fishes designated level if your sim can handle the bait and use it were the fish is present they can catch it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 October 06, 12:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, those books are useless. There is no benefit for learning it, the data is incomplete, and the information is added only to that one sim...which you would get anyway, if you caught the fish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: