More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:42:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New AwesomeMod Request Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New AwesomeMod Request Thread  (Read 128494 times)
dragon_tfm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New AwesomeMod Request Thread
« Reply #50 on: 2009 September 30, 01:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be at all possible to expand the no fast aging of inactive babies to include no fast aging of any inactives?

I always update my awesome mod before I play, so I know I have the newest version.  I have inactive toddlers jumping right to teens (apparently?), and inactive children aging to teens and then aging again to adults all while my playable teen is still a teen.  I don't understand why the game is so broken to begin with, but a fix that forces the entire neighbourhood to actually age in sync would be *greatly* appreciated.

I second this. Here I was thinking my generation kids would be growing up alongside their peers. But nnnooooo. EA says why the heck would anyone want to do that!?

I wouild'nt mind this as much if the portraits updated on their own so I would'nt have to waste my time with that particular sim.  i do think its odd though atleast in my game its primarily children that make a giant leap in age from child all the way to young adult and at times all the way to adult, in the amount of time it takes for my child sime to up their relationship score enough to invite them over. If they would atleast pause at young adult then by the time my sim aged up all their friends would'nt be old hags. Sadly i have no saves to help with this, my only game is brand new and not very far in.

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 September 30, 02:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be at all possible to expand the no fast aging of inactive babies to include no fast aging of any inactives?

I always update my awesome mod before I play, so I know I have the newest version.  I have inactive toddlers jumping right to teens (apparently?), and inactive children aging to teens and then aging again to adults all while my playable teen is still a teen.  I don't understand why the game is so broken to begin with, but a fix that forces the entire neighbourhood to actually age in sync would be *greatly* appreciated.

Which family members would they age up on?  Or would you want all active family members to age at the same time?  I think making everyone age up at the same time is a bigger problem that what exists now.

I often have sims that are a few days apart, and they enter their teens years a few days apart.  If they all aged up at the same time, my younger teens wouldn't have any teens left their own age as they would have already aged up with the older teen?  I would hate for my younger teens to age up the same time as my older teens just for the sake of ease of all other teens aging at the same time.  The fact that they age at different times reflects the fact they were not all born at the same time.

And YES I have found it annoying at times, especially when my teen brings a friend home from school who I decide I want to get them connected with to marry later on, only to have them age to YA a day or two later.  To combat this, if they are in a household, I switch and use the "resetage" to get them back to the start of their teen cycle, or have my sim hand them some life fruit or ambrosia, and then change households and make them eat it, pushing their age back, or the last option, invite them to move in, then reset their age.

What is probably more relevant and necessary, would be something to ensure that the "friends" your sims meet at school are at the same point (or close to it) in the aging cycle.  Unfortunately, as the game really doesn't track the ages through the cycle it is probably harder, if not impossible to do.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 30, 02:44:15 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 September 30, 02:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouild'nt mind this as much if the portraits updated on their own so I would'nt have to waste my time with that particular sim.  i do think its odd though atleast in my game its primarily children that make a giant leap in age from child all the way to young adult and at times all the way to adult, in the amount of time it takes for my child sime to up their relationship score enough to invite them over. If they would atleast pause at young adult then by the time my sim aged up all their friends would'nt be old hags. Sadly i have no saves to help with this, my only game is brand new and not very far in.
How exactly are you upping their relationship scores, anyway?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 September 30, 14:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love a feature that allows a blessed household to keep their current amount of money regardless. I am currently playing a Prosperity Challenge, and the "familyfunds" cheat doesn't work when you have two or more households named the same thing.

Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 September 30, 17:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supreme Commander - Stock : Fishes + gardens and puts stock in fridge. If I recall correctly (Mind me I'm quite slow) there is no option like this.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 September 30, 17:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love a feature that allows a blessed household to keep their current amount of money regardless. I am currently playing a Prosperity Challenge, and the "familyfunds" cheat doesn't work when you have two or more households named the same thing.

Use "money $$$" when in that family. Easier, faster, more accurate.
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 September 30, 17:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use "money $$$" when in that family. Easier, faster, more accurate.
I never heard of that cheat. I'm doing the build a city challenge and I need to do my weekly "Taxes" where I buy an Item and nuke it, Which I'm sure isn't safe for the empty neighborhood.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 October 01, 04:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims lifestyle choices are their own and at least they date within their own age range... Please! I've only found one mod that does this but it conflicts with awesomemod.

Are your sims lifestyle choices theirs, or your choices you made for them?

You could have them adopt, I don't think the game objects to that.

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2009 October 01, 18:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- They should dump trash and old newspaper in the trash bin if they happen to be around one. After some trash rummaging one of my Sims spent the rest of his live in direct possession of 10 heaps of trash. Unfortunately I failed to test if they get inherited to the next of kin after his demise, but it would certainly be consistent if that happened as well.
The Robotic Hand of God will take care of that for you. That said I would like it if they'd prefer to put their book BACK on the bookshelf once finished with it (if near the shelf anyhow) instead of just shoving it in their inventory. Putting it in their inventory when still in the middle of reading it makes sense but once finished doesn't.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
bresus
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 October 01, 22:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a "Put Groceries Away" interaction. Or at least just something that will make it auto so I don't have to drag every single food item in there.

Also, for traits, I'd like to see some like "Sarcastic" (jokey/mean), "Mysterious" (loner/attractive/interesting) , "Diarrhea of the Mouth"(chats and gossips with everyone), "Philosophical" (genius but not in a logical way), "OCD" (neat/neurotic/repeats certain interactions), "DGAF" (daredevil/insane), etc.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 01, 22:24:40 by bresus » Logged
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2009 October 02, 00:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A console command to turn on/turn off all sprinklers on the lot would be nice.

But I like ghost babies. Not that I had any yet, but a ghost baby (or toddler) would be a nice addition to a dark scary house.. They should not age. They should haunt the house forever, as babies. Reminding of the terrible thing that make them die. In Sweden we call ghost babies "mylingar" and no, they never grow up.
Als der Frost ins Kind geflogen
hat es die Spieluhr aufgezogen
eine Melodie im Wind
und aus der Erde singt das Kind

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 October 02, 01:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have inactive toddlers jumping right to teens (apparently?), and inactive children aging to teens and then aging again to adults all while my playable teen is still a teen.  I don't understand why the game is so broken to begin with, but a fix that forces the entire neighbourhood to actually age in sync would be *greatly* appreciated.
Which family members would they age up on?  Or would you want all active family members to age at the same time?  I think making everyone age up at the same time is a bigger problem that what exists now.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.  I don't want all the teens in the hood to age up all at the same time.  I just want them to age at the same rate as my playables.  So if my child meets another child on his first day of school, she won't be an Adult before he's even a teen.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 October 02, 05:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.  I don't want all the teens in the hood to age up all at the same time.  I just want them to age at the same rate as my playables.  So if my child meets another child on his first day of school, she won't be an Adult before he's even a teen.

The thing is, with story mode, and and active neighbourhood, the child/teen your sims meet age at the same rate as your sim, they don't age any faster, at least mine don't.  What is happening, is that the sim your child/teen meets (and it has happened to me before) is only a day or two from aging, hence the next day they become a teen, then the appropriate days later a YA.

I formed the view that you were asking for all the non active sims to age at the same time as your sims did, something which would be impractical when you have multiple sims in the same age bracket, but a few days apart.  

If I understand you now, you want the friends your sim meets at school to be at the same end of the age bracket as your sim is?  thus ensuring they age up closer to the time your sim does?  Because of the way I suspect the game sets the ages and counts towards the next age up stage, it may not be possible to have the game identify and give friends at the same point in the age cycle as your sim.  If it is possible, I am sure Pescado or someone will correct that view for me.

I just developed a workaround.  If I find a sim I want my teen to become involved with (High School sweetheart scenario), and they are not in a household that I can switch to, thus enabling me to reset their age before they become a YA, I shut down aging for a day or two (keeping them as a teen), until I can invite them to move in, then reset their age, turn aging back on and keep playing.  Not an ideal solution, but so far I haven't found it that bothersome or problematic.  But not everyone will see it the same way I do, which is fine.

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 October 02, 06:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A console command to turn on/turn off all sprinklers on the lot would be nice.

If your sim has high enough handiness skill, s/he can upgrade each sprinkler to work automatically, i.e. only when it is needed. A console command just seems too cheaty, imo.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 October 02, 07:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the "townie teenager was a toddler 2 days ago" subject:
I have recently noticed randomness with age transitioning. In active householsd, upon birth through birthdays, sims are aging up into a random day within the stage they are aging up to. That is, babies have a life stage of 4 days. I just had twins born. One of them was, immediately upon birth, already at 2 days until aging up. The other was at 3 days until aging up. A newly transitioned YA came into his YA-hood with 67 days left rather than the full length of 84 (I think it's 84. It's 80something). It would make sense if this is what's happening to inactives. They're randomly being assigned an age several days further along in the lifestage and so then aging much faster.

I *do* have Absimiliard's aging mod with Lion's tweaks in and I wonder if the others noticing the odd age transitioning have an aging mod in as well.

Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 October 02, 21:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some things I'd like to see:

1) Better school/work tone auto-choices:  It doesn't hurt a person's performance to try to make friends, so unless "Work On Late Homework" (already added) is needed, then for both work and school "Meet New Friends" till you've met them all and then "Socialize with Co-Workers" should be the defaults (maybe not for Loners).  Even then, "Hold Meetings" is sometimes the wisest choice in Business, and "Suck Up To Boss" can be the wisest choice when a career metric is the boss relationship.

2) Have Evil sims do evil things:  Let them, say, flirt to get someone interested in them, particularly an Over-Emotional or Neurotic sim, and then dump the victim...which should lead to a very bad moodlet for the victim and a very good one for the Evil sim.

There are other evil plots one could come up with, like gossiping about a sim to lower the victim's relationship with the recipient of the gossip.

3) Speaking of which, when there is the "Complain about Joe" interaction available, if the person who hears the complaint likes the complainer more than they like Joe, it should lower the LTR a bit with Joe and lower their STC with Joe even more.

4) On the other end, sims that are good/best friends or are relatives who get along well should stand up for each other more (I did see behavior like that once).

5) A "Shy" trait:  Loner doesn't cut it for shyness.  Those with the Shy trait would suffer normal Social motive loss-- they want to socialize-- but would be reluctant to do so, maybe less effective, and have their mood tank if rejected.  On the other hand, unlike Loners, they wouldn't get the "too many people" debuff.

6) I think I might be able to do this with XML modding actually, but Neurotic sims should gain stress much faster.  What I can't do with XML's is that Freak Out should help them but look bad to those who see it, thus lowering some LTR's a little.

7) I also like the "put groceries away" interaction and the Sarcastic and Philosophical traits.

Cool (Actually the most important but probably the hardest):  Save game fixes so the game saves faster and with fewer errors.  I realize that save time could be cut in half if the game didn't compress all the files but that is in a part that Pescado can't fix, but for a while it was saving in one minute or less for me.  About a month ago it ballooned when I hadn't added any new mods.  Last night it was back up to 10 minutes.  Even if the compression didn't occur, that's still 5 minutes, which is way too long.  I also get visited by error codes on saving, which usually can be fixed by some voodoo like the old method of going to a community lot, adding a flower, and going back to edit town and saving.  Would be better if that wasn't needed, though.

I think the change was due to changes in AM because I didn't do anything else major during that period.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 02, 22:04:38 by Anonym » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 October 03, 02:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A newly transitioned YA came into his YA-hood with 67 days left rather than the full length of 84 (I think it's 84. It's 80something). It would make sense if this is what's happening to inactives. They're randomly being assigned an age several days further along in the lifestage and so then aging much faster.

I *do* have Absimiliard's aging mod with Lion's tweaks in and I wonder if the others noticing the odd age transitioning have an aging mod in as well.

I wonder if the conflict is with changing the aging rates/brackets.  A YA with 67 days instead of 84?  Did you adjust the age in the options panel to extend it?  That time is way longer than the normal for a YA.

Also, the mods may be screwy when used with AM.

1) Better school/work tone auto-choices:  It doesn't hurt a person's performance to try to make friends, so unless "Work On Late Homework" (already added) is needed, then for both work and school "Meet New Friends" till you've met them all and then "Socialize with Co-Workers" should be the defaults (maybe not for Loners).  Even then, "Hold Meetings" is sometimes the wisest choice in Business, and "Suck Up To Boss" can be the wisest choice when a career metric is the boss relationship.

2) Have Evil sims do evil things:  Let them, say, flirt to get someone interested in them, particularly an Over-Emotional or Neurotic sim, and then dump the victim...which should lead to a very bad moodlet for the victim and a very good one for the Evil sim.

1) you can do that now.  Watever is in operation when my sim leaves school or work, is the default that appears next time they go to school/work.  Just change it through the drop down menu.  Not sure whatyour asking for, all of hose options already exist.

2)  You can already do that.  Omce the relationship builds up, under the mean option, select "Break-up" or whatever else is there.  Again, you can already do that, so what are you actually asking for?

hugejohnson
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 October 03, 03:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey J. M. Pescado, is there any way you can have a option to disable carpool for active household when they reach max level in their career. 
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 October 03, 04:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) you can do that now.  Watever is in operation when my sim leaves school or work, is the default that appears next time they go to school/work.  Just change it through the drop down menu.  Not sure whatyour asking for, all of hose options already exist.

2)  You can already do that.  Omce the relationship builds up, under the mean option, select "Break-up" or whatever else is there.  Again, you can already do that, so what are you actually asking for?

I think that perhaps where I'm not being clear is that I'm asking it to be done by characters controlled by the computer, in both cases, as opposed to active households.

I can do all this with active households (although in the case of setting a work tone, I know I sometimes forget as everyone leaves to go to work or school to set all the tones to what I want).  What I'm asking is not even necessarily to save me from my forgetfulness in those situations, but to set the tone to something other than "Business As Usual" for the households I'm not controlling.  As with exercise tones, there's always something better:  You can make friends, kiss the boss' behind, or skill with no penalty to work performance (in school, the only of those is make friends, but that's still not nothing).

I haven't seen it default to anything other than kissing the boss' behind for schmoozers, late homework (a fix by Pescado already in AM if homework is left undone), or business as usual.

I play a number of different households, but have a primary one that has a schmoozer in the Journalism career-- which doesn't even have "relationship with boss" as a criterion-- in it.  She already has a 100 relationship with her boss, but every time picks the boss one (I'm figuring that's EAxis' default for schmoozers).  Whenever I can I switch it to "Discuss News With Co-Workers," but if I'm playing a different house or I forget, she ends up trying to further improve her relationship with her boss that can't get any better.

With the Evil stuff, I don't play Evil sims, but put some around the neighborhood to spice things up.  I'd like them to work evil plots on their own and mentioned a couple of simple ones.  As it is now, yes I could do it, but could do the same nearly as well with a sim with the Good trait rather than Evil.  Let's have evil characters autonomously do evil stuff.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 October 03, 07:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that perhaps where I'm not being clear is that I'm asking it to be done by characters controlled by the computer, in both cases, as opposed to active households.

With the Evil stuff, I don't play Evil sims, but put some around the neighborhood to spice things up.  I'd like them to work evil plots on their own and mentioned a couple of simple ones.  As it is now, yes I could do it, but could do the same nearly as well with a sim with the Good trait rather than Evil.  Let's have evil characters autonomously do evil stuff.

Ok, that sounds reasonable. 

I don't pay too much attention to my non-active households/famblies.  I have some I made sacred, which I only pop in every now and then to make a couple of adjustments to them, resetage, change outfits/hair styles, change careers, have babies, move the kids out, etc, otherwise just let them potter around the place doing whatever it is they don't do.

I have seen evil sims do a few things, but nothing over the top.  The main one has been to steal candy from a toddler, didn't know that action was there until I sam a non-active sim do that in the park.  I didn't have my own evil sims at that time.  Now every fambly has at least 1, even twins who I turn into Mean Spirited, Insane, Evil, Geniuses.  The 5th trait is either Athletic (seems to be needed to trigger the Master Thief LTW) or Neurotic (both of those traits allow the Emperor of Evil LTW).  Makes for some bizarre behaviour.

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2009 October 03, 14:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A disabling of all cars, at all times, is still on my wishlist Smiley
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 October 03, 19:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the conflict is with changing the aging rates/brackets.  A YA with 67 days instead of 84?  Did you adjust the age in the options panel to extend it?  That time is way longer than the normal for a YA.

Yes. I adjusted Absimliard's mod with suggested tweaks from Lion found in the mod thread.

I'm thinking maybe it's not so much a "conflict" as it is just some voodoo being applied to the extended ages.

__

So on topic: Possible for a "Go To" or "Visit Household of" from the relationship panel?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 October 04, 01:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey J. M. Pescado, is there any way you can have a option to disable carpool for active household when they reach max level in their career. 

I would prefer to see the same arrangement as we had in TS2.  When your sim owns a vehicle, the carpool stops, and they use their own vehicle to go to work.  I have the smarter vehicle chooser enabled, but when my sim is at home, they still get the carpool more times than not, but if they have gone out somewhere with their own vehicle before work, they take their own vehicle to work while the carpool sits out the front of their house honking for them to come out.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 October 04, 03:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Few caveats: In school, socializing carries the risk that the sim will be punished for it with detention. Therefore, it is not safe. In any event, it also carries an additional problem that irritates me: Inappropriate befriendiment! I am one of those people who is very picky about which sims are allowed to befriend who, as doing otherwise would violate character. Therefore, it is unacceptable when sims inappropriately befriend other sims without my approval. As you basically have no real control over what happens once you pick that tone, I view it as undesirable to pick that tone too freely, even if it's "harmless" in the purely numerical sense.

Cool (Actually the most important but probably the hardest):  Save game fixes so the game saves faster and with fewer errors.  I realize that save time could be cut in half if the game didn't compress all the files but that is in a part that Pescado can't fix, but for a while it was saving in one minute or less for me.  About a month ago it ballooned when I hadn't added any new mods.  Last night it was back up to 10 minutes.  Even if the compression didn't occur, that's still 5 minutes, which is way too long.  I also get visited by error codes on saving, which usually can be fixed by some voodoo like the old method of going to a community lot, adding a flower, and going back to edit town and saving.  Would be better if that wasn't needed, though.
This falls outside the scope of scripting and there is nothing we can really do about that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bababorg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 October 04, 05:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way that the go to community lot pushing for inactive sims can be changed so that it would be based on friendships instead of households?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: