More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 10:47:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New AwesomeMod Request Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New AwesomeMod Request Thread  (Read 128113 times)
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
Re: New AwesomeMod Request Thread
« Reply #25 on: 2009 September 28, 03:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two requests.

The first is can you shorten the birthday celebrations, I have the mod that stops the whistles, but I can't stand how long they all wave there arms (in unison) and carry-on before the person ages.  If They blow out the candles it seems to take forever for them to age.  If I wait until they age on the own, no drama, but I often age them using the cake (especially if I have aging off for any reason) or I want to age them early.

I agree and would love to see this event shortened since it is very irritating and unnecessary...   Smiley

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 September 28, 05:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two requests.

The first is can you shorten the birthday celebrations, I have the mod that stops the whistles, but I can't stand how long they all wave there arms (in unison) and carry-on before the person ages.  If They blow out the candles it seems to take forever for them to age.  If I wait until they age on the own, no drama, but I often age them using the cake (especially if I have aging off for any reason) or I want to age them early.

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=542.0
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 September 28, 05:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree and would love to see this event shortened since it is very irritating and unnecessary.

I fixed your useless post.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 September 28, 06:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah but ellipsis are your friend... and it's not useless to see the percentage of simmers who are interested in fixing the behavior mentioned by Wizard... but you wouldn't get that now would you ?  Silly witch, useless fixes are for kids... what a 12 thing to do...   Cheesy

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 September 28, 08:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two requests.

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=542.0

Thanks for that, downloaded it.  Never found that site before, will have to browse and see what else they offer.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 September 28, 09:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah but ellipses are your friend. And it's not useless to see the percentage of simmers who are interested in fixing the behavior mentioned by Wizard. But you wouldn't get that now would you ?  Silly witch, useless fixes are for kids. What a 12 thing to do.  

Fixed your post.

Ellipsis (plural ellipses; from the Greek: ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, "omission") is a mark or series of marks that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word or a phrase from the original text.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

Just so's you know you're doin' it wrong.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Shaileya
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 September 28, 09:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is possible, it would be really nice if sims could go auto read books written by sims rather than only auto reading premade books and then running out of anything to read with No Raymundo activated.

I would also like to suggest a second option for Awesome skintone blending if possible. I remember reading that Awesome's way of blending two skin swatches is to select the darker one by default, and then do the range configuring on the darker swatch each time to avoid odd colored babies from certain combinations. But this means if Sim A is dark red in color and Sim B is pale green, all of their children will be shades of red. If it still works this way (as far as I can see on my sims it is), I would really apprechiate it if we could have an option to randomize which skin swatch is used, too.
HappyMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 September 28, 11:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed the fridge queue also, but wasn't sure what exactly was causing the traffic jam. Another thing related to eating that I have noticed is that sims eat their plate of food at the table, then get up with the plate in hand and look for another spot on the table to set the dirty plate down. This seemed to happen more in my larger families than with single/couple sims, no idea why. Is it possible to squash the find new place for dirty plates and just have them leave the plate where it is and get up from the table?
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 September 28, 12:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it's possible to have the move-in opportunities to pop up more than for a first playable in a new hood, and not with the tutorial on. In the horror picture thread, someone had a picture of a rat, that came with the "squatters" move-in opportunity.

Quoted from Jordi in the picture thread:

It's absolutely random. These little scenarios have a chance of popping up only for the first family placed in a neighbourhood, while the tutorial is active.

I play with the tutorials turned off, thus explaining why I don't get the "meteors hit the house", "squatters were in the house", latter one leaves rats. I want my sims to experience rats and roaches, especially my slobs and couch potatoes. No matter how long the house is dirty, all my sims get is the bad environment moodlet.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 September 28, 14:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also curious: what does the Racist-trait do? I saw it in the list, when using Twallans comp for editing.

Thanks ingeli for this info. I didn't know how to check for hidden/AM traits.
I just added the trait to a sim, and its description tells you what it is. And then dropped it by selecting them again in "change" with the computer. I can't wait to see the actual behaviors. But I have to wait until a new born rolls up this trait.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 28, 21:41:29 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Milan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 September 28, 15:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cleaning during the game.

is it possible to delete the packages directly from the game by clicking on delete because the command is always grayed out?
thank you in advance.
Nightwish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 September 28, 20:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi!
I have request about NoAutonomousReread option. It is very usefull and it is something I waiting for, but I suppose it works only for NPCs, not for my sims. I can't remember what books my sims has read but I want them to do not read the same books. All I can do is tell them to read some book and watch is that green "reading meter" appears over sim head. If not, I cancel the read task and choose another book... but if there is a lot of such books, it's starting to be annoying :/ Could you add option that turns off the reread posibility for playable sims?

And one more question... how NoAutonomousReread option works? My sim wrote a lot of books, when I go to the library, they are there, I could read them but I never saw that NPC sims read them.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 September 28, 21:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi!
I have request about NoAutonomousReread option. It is very usefull and it is something I waiting for, but I suppose it works only for NPCs, not for my sims. I can't remember what books my sims has read but I want them to do not read the same books. All I can do is tell them to read some book and watch is that green "reading meter" appears over sim head. If not, I cancel the read task and choose another book... but if there is a lot of such books, it's starting to be annoying :/ Could you add option that turns off the reread posibility for playable sims?

And one more question... how NoAutonomousReread option works? My sim wrote a lot of books, when I go to the library, they are there, I could read them but I never saw that NPC sims read them.

If the green bar appears, that means they haven't finished the book. Once a Sim finishes a book, that's when the autonomy kicks in. The Sim autonomously does not reread that book ever again. And yes, it works for the playable Sims. Let the green bar fill up, and they won't reread it unless directed to.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 September 28, 22:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah but ellipses are your friend. And it's not useless to see the percentage of simmers who are interested in fixing the behavior mentioned by Wizard. But you wouldn't get that now would you ?  Silly witch, useless fixes are for kids. What a 12 thing to do.  

Fixed your post.

Ellipsis (plural ellipses; from the Greek: ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, "omission") is a mark or series of marks that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word or a phrase from the original text.

And you failed to read further to see that ellipsis also indicate a pause in thought and/or a sentence... silly witchy !  My ellipsis are intentional here, capiche ?   Wink

caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 September 28, 22:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed your post.

And you failed to read further to see that ellipsis also indicate a pause in thought and/or a sentence... silly witchy !  My ellipsis are intentional here, capiche ?   Wink

If you are using ellipses to indicate pauses in your thoughts, your sentences indicate that your thoughts suffer frequent pauses. Like your brain just turns off intermittently.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 September 29, 00:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be at all possible to expand the no fast aging of inactive babies to include no fast aging of any inactives?

I always update my awesome mod before I play, so I know I have the newest version.  I have inactive toddlers jumping right to teens (apparently?), and inactive children aging to teens and then aging again to adults all while my playable teen is still a teen.  I don't understand why the game is so broken to begin with, but a fix that forces the entire neighbourhood to actually age in sync would be *greatly* appreciated.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 September 29, 01:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also curious: what does the Racist-trait do? I saw it in the list, when using Twallans comp for editing.
Nothing, at the moment. It is incomplete.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 September 29, 01:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed your post.

If you are using ellipses to indicate pauses in your thoughts, your sentences indicate that your thoughts suffer frequent pauses. Like your brain just turns off intermittently.

This is just your perception of the definition for ellipses which is fine. Carry on !   Smiley

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 September 29, 06:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be at all possible to expand the no fast aging of inactive babies to include no fast aging of any inactives?

I always update my awesome mod before I play, so I know I have the newest version.  I have inactive toddlers jumping right to teens (apparently?), and inactive children aging to teens and then aging again to adults all while my playable teen is still a teen.  I don't understand why the game is so broken to begin with, but a fix that forces the entire neighbourhood to actually age in sync would be *greatly* appreciated.

I second this. Here I was thinking my generation kids would be growing up alongside their peers. But nnnooooo. EA says why the heck would anyone want to do that!?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 September 29, 06:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't verify this bug at all, despite having watched for it. Do you have a series of saves that perhaps shows this actually occurring?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Absimiliard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 September 29, 08:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this problem is in the base game itself and not Awesomemod induced, so I'll place it here under requests.

Some Service NPC Sims seem to skip the Young Adult age stage and jump directly to Adult. I've had a few (all baby-sitters) lined up for marriage material only to have some forty-something show up when my sim/they turned 18. I used Twallan's master controller to monnitor these jumps but they do not appear to be occuring to all service NPCs. I checked around and other have been reporting similar events on the official forums so I believe this to be a core game issue. My research would indicate that paper cariers age well and babysitters don't?

Just throw that on your pile of demands from the masses. (or buninante it)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 September 29, 15:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My research would indicate that paper cariers age well and babysitters don't?
Well, in my expirence paper cariers don't age well at all.  I had two female paper carriers who were children at the same time as my playable was a child.  When he aged to teen, they were still children, then they aged to teens a few days later.  However, a couple of days after that, they were suddenly adults (possibly/probably YAs).  This is in the same hood (Hatchet Falls) which I downloaded from the Pudding Factory where I had several inactive todlers suddenly become teens while my todler was still a todler and my child was still a child.  I'll have to do some more testing and such, since I must provide a series of saves to verrify this happening.  Tongue

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
CaptaiNemo
Asinine Airhead

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 September 29, 15:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would be nice if Sims could get rid of some of the junk in their inventory.

- They should put away read books if they happen to be around a bookshelf or interacting with one.
- They should dump ingredients / groceries in the fridge if they happen to be around it / interacting with it (carrying 36 fish and 20 melons in your pocket is completely beyond my comprehension).
- They should dump trash and old newspaper in the trash bin if they happen to be around one. After some trash rummaging one of my Sims spent the rest of his live in direct possession of 10 heaps of trash. Unfortunately I failed to test if they get inherited to the next of kin after his demise, but it would certainly be consistent if that happened as well.

Right now I can't think of more useless items that Sims are inexplicably fond of, but I'm sure they're there.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 September 29, 18:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would be nice if Sims could get rid of some of the junk in their inventory.

- They should put away read books if they happen to be around a bookshelf or interacting with one.
- They should dump ingredients / groceries in the fridge if they happen to be around it / interacting with it (carrying 36 fish and 20 melons in your pocket is completely beyond my comprehension).
- They should dump trash and old newspaper in the trash bin if they happen to be around one. After some trash rummaging one of my Sims spent the rest of his live in direct possession of 10 heaps of trash. Unfortunately I failed to test if they get inherited to the next of kin after his demise, but it would certainly be consistent if that happened as well.

Right now I can't think of more useless items that Sims are inexplicably fond of, but I'm sure they're there.

You do realise you can manually do those things?

When at home, click the books in their inventory and select "Put Away", provided you have a bookcase in the house.
With their inventory open, click and drag the items to the fridge, can be done without interrupting whatever they are doing or queued to do.  If you grab the tag in the corner, you'll move the entire count in one go.
You can direct your sims to get rid of that rubbish when they are home, or click and drag it elsewhere, then direct them to clean it up.  Same with the newspapers, click on the paper in their inventory and select "dispose".

or were you looking for an automatic fix?  because your post makes you sound like you were/are unaware of the ability to do those things yourself already.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
PrettyPixie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 September 29, 18:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to enabled same sex pregnancy? My sims lifestyle choices are their own and at least they date within their own age range... Please! I've only found one mod that does this but it conflicts with awesomemod.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: