More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 14:44:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Autosave corrupted?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Autosave corrupted?  (Read 8009 times)
genericbreed
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Autosave corrupted?
« on: 2009 September 20, 05:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess this is my mistake in choosing to only keep one autosave, but in any case, the game froze while autosaving and I had to restart the computer, so now I have an autosave that will not run and my last manual save was some...hours and hours ago.

Just checking to make sure, turning off the computer while the game is trying to save and failing will ruin the save which means I'm screwed out of those hours of gameplay, right?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Autosave corrupted?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 20, 06:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ayup. This is why the default recommended is *TWO* autosaves. Although if you killed the game while it was running, there should be an autosave0.sims3.backup. That will be the autosave-before-your-autosave.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
genericbreed
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 20, 15:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is, I can find it using file search, but where is it in-game?

Got it! Thanks for the info. You are on it.
ravenhenry
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 21, 06:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the newest version of AM, i was having trouble with it auto saving every 15 min or so, i used the config tool and disabled auto save, and since there is no 0 number of saves, i used the lowest number (1), even though it should have not mattered since i disabled, (i think) but it kept on auto saving still and was taking forever to autosave to boot.

can anyone tell me what i might be doing wrong?

thanks in advance for any help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 21, 06:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you may have done something wrong if it is saving while autosaveinterval is 0.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 21, 10:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the newest version of AM, i was having trouble with it auto saving every 15 min or so, i used the config tool and disabled auto save, and since there is no 0 number of saves, i used the lowest number (1), even though it should have not mattered since i disabled, (i think) but it kept on auto saving still and was taking forever to autosave to boot.

can anyone tell me what i might be doing wrong?

thanks in advance for any help.

You did set the "autosaveinterval to 0"?  That is the one that disables Autosaves.  No need to touch the number of saves.  If you left the interval at 15 and auto saves to keep to 1, it will keep autosaving.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ravenhenry
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 21, 22:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you guys for the info, i've redone config and all seems to be working well.
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 15, 05:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dispite your scary picture I decided to bump this, because I'm having a similiar problem. Not looking for help per se, because I'm sure I know how to fix this, nor did I feel the need to start a new thread.

Anyway, I manually set the AutoSaveInterval in game via setconfig AutoSaveInterval 5, just to test it and see how annoying it might be. It was annoying. Plus it seemed it might've been autosaving after building mode changes, and to add to that, once I manually set it to 0 via setconfig AutoSaveInterval 0 it continued to auto-save. Also I tried increasing the AutoSaveInterval to 20, and it still was saving far more often than 20.

I'm sure worse case scenario I'll just need to "reinstall" the mod, and delete the scriptCache to fix it, though I'm wondering if maybe this is a bug. I didn't want to say for sure in case this is part of it's function, or I might've done something incorrectly (like setting it in-game).

EDIT:

Latest version of awesomemod and latest patched version of WA. Default setup, no awesome config file. No other mods.

EDIT 2:

Reloaded the game, and auto-save remained off as I had set it before closing the game. So, that leads me to believe I was able to turn it on live, but not off without a game restart. Maybe something to look into? If you aren't able to replicate this I can be more exact on everything I did leading up to this symptom.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 15, 06:22:55 by ioscream » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 15, 06:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some past sketchiness with the autosave interval in the past, so if it's acting weird, you might have to reboot the world in order to get the new save intervals to take.

ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 15, 06:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some past sketchiness with the autosave interval in the past, so if it's acting weird, you might have to reboot the world in order to get the new save intervals to take.

Is this something that happens with other functions? I only ask because I'd rather move through them a little at time to see their function, and if it's something I'm interested in. I would be enabling/disabling each one in game via setconfig.

I'm not sure what the scripting language looks like for sims 3, but does your autosave function have a line that re-checks the variable for AutoSaveInterval before it decides to autosave? I'm imagining that setconfig autosaveinterval >= 5 starts a timer, and then every x minutes it checks for a state change then autosaves if the variable is still greater than or equal to 5. Though again, I have no idea what the language looks like, yet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: