More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:02:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Glitchy Pregnancy.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Glitchy Pregnancy.  (Read 4618 times)
SilentDream
Asinine Airhead

Diva

View Profile
Glitchy Pregnancy.
« on: 2009 August 17, 00:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a lot of this.

I also get a lot of her pausing in that pose when I instruct her to do something. She'll pause for a few seconds like that then do whatever I told her to do. It's everything though. Aside from the pausing, it appears to be purely cosmetic but it's bothering me. She'll go from sleeping to standing every few seconds. This did not happen before she changed into maternity clothes. There might be more but it bothered me enough to seek out immediate answers, and search found me nothing.

Mods I have: cooking and ingredients overhaul, 5% bills, and awesomemod. I did have a same-sex pregnancy mod which I removed to see if it affected anything (granted the damage could be done) and the socialized energy for beds mod, also removed to see if it affected something.

With broken wings, we'll fly away
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Glitchy Pregnancy.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 17, 01:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me too, and my sim had it right up until she died of old age. Turns out you can fix it using the command resetsim.

Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 17, 01:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't tell from the pic if she's wearing sleepwear (too dark on my screen), but if she's not, I wonder if the problem is with her maternity sleepwear.  If that's the case, since you can't change pregnant sims clothing with the dresser, I don't know what you would be able to do about it.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 17, 12:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She might be Insane, Hence the Fitness Wear in bed.

Also, I had a sim do something like that... Except it was a Guitar stuck to her standing up in the bed. X)
A lot of people have had that issue. It's harmless I believe so I wouldn't worry about it.
Pass it on to poor programming once again with EA.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 17, 13:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's related to pregnancy, as I had a male sim with this problem, way back when the game first launched. He got stuck in the animation for carrying an infant and would pop into that pose every ~15 seconds or so. The behavior lasted until the day he died, whether he was sleeping, eating, or whatever. I haven't seen it since, so I attributed it to some non-Awesome glitch--pretty much the only one I've ever had.
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 18, 00:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of this glitch a lot before. I even found a (hilariously creepy) video documenting it on YouTube. It's just related to the pregnancy/holding an infant. I wouldn't really worry about it. But, as mentioned before, the only known way to fix it is resetsim.

*Googles it*

Girl Sim stands up in the middle of her bed and her arms are posed as if she is holding a baby, and then she snaps back to bed for a few seconds, and repeats.

From a list of TS3 bugs & glitches. But no solution is given.

So, report back if you manage to fix it.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 18, 03:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened with my selfsim.  I tried resetsim on several occasions, but it never solved the problem.  Eventually, I gave up and stopped playing the family. 
SilentDream
Asinine Airhead

Diva

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 18, 03:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just searched this site, guess I should've tried google. Entering resetsim in the cheat box didn't do anything. With awesomemod testing debugs control+shift resetsim did fix it though.

With broken wings, we'll fly away
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: