More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:54:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Is this for real?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is this for real?  (Read 16072 times)
Jessy MD
Tasty Tourist

I ain't lookin below me but I see no one above me!

View Profile
Is this for real?
« on: 2009 August 13, 08:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the Awesome Mod about a week ago. Now all of a sudden, scence the 11th, this has been poping up:

Do I really need to redownload it for it to work? And if I do, will my saved games be ok, or will I loose everything?
Also, is the Awesome Mod like a trial version or something?

"If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man." - Albert Einstein.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Is this for real?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 13, 08:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your computer is about to explode! Step away from the keyboard.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 13, 08:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's how it is:

There have been too many bug reports by people who are using older, buggier versions of AwesomeMod. It's essentially a beta right now, so there are frequent updates. The expiration exists so that people will not report old bugs simply because they didn't bother downloading the most recent version.

Really, the mod is updated at least daily, and often several times a night. If you actually see an expiration notice, you have a really old version. So, yes, download the mod again. And, no, your saves won't be lost.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 13, 08:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It means you need to download and use the most recent version of AwesomeMod. Duh!

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 13, 08:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good grief!

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 13, 08:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

will my saved games be ok, or will I loose everything?
Your save games will be utterly and completely distroyed.  I know this because I download the updated versions of Awesomemod at least once a day, and each time my save games are vaporized so I have to start all over again.

Roll Eyes

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 13, 09:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a rare condition that manifests when you use Awesomemod for too long. In order to get rid of it, you have to light four black candles and ask the Goddess of Expiration Dates to drive the demons from your computer.

Or, you know, you could just start checking the download topic every couple hoursdays for updates.
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 13, 09:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of being Cryptic, Yes all you have to do is update for things to work again.
It's as simple as that.

Some people tend to tease you here, So don't get offended easy.  Wink
disturbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 13, 10:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated mine, now my game is unplayable. The only change made was awesomemod. Had to reinstall TS3, have a new town but still CTD after you give a sim a command.

So some of those posts might actually be true short of blowing up Tongue

17 hours later game still unplayable, Saved sims same deal first command CTD. Sad

Game version 1.4.6.00107/awesomemod updater/ using awesomemod/indiemod combo like b4 the update.

Also use 3 booter and enablescripterror mod. Don't know what else to do.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 13, 10:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

17 hours later game still unplayable, Saved sims same deal first command CTD. Sad
Send me a save and I will look at it. That is not normal and I have never encountered this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
poi_boi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 13, 10:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disturbia try removing the enablescripterror mod.
I could be wrong but i think both awesome and enablescripterror are core mods.
I don't know enough about awesome to know if it also modifies SimsIFace.dll but if it does then that would be the problem.
Running 2 core mods tends to do bad things.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 11:03:36 by poi_boi » Logged
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 13, 11:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMFG, the enablescripterror package is not a core mod. It does exactly what its name implies - it enables scripting errors, for trouble-shooting purposes, but is not necessary for non-modders to even have in their game. It seems that either your game likes it or doesn't like it. Yes, it's common sense to remove it if you have it installed, and your game suddenly starts crashing, but NOT because it's a core mod. It isn't.

poi_boi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 13, 11:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I must have missread "This is a core mod that is incompatible with any other core mod which modifies SimsIFace.dll" on Rick's post.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 13, 11:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have been having a semi-related issue regarding CTD when issuing the first command. 

Trying to click to load a game is just crashing.

I've removed all the CC, updated Awesomemod and deleted the cache files.

Still no workie.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 13, 11:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I must have missread "This is a core mod that is incompatible with any other core mod which modifies SimsIFace.dll" on Rick's post.

The enablescripterror package was originally designed, by Pescado, to be used with AwesomeMod, for beta testing purposes, so it can't possibly be a core mod, and CAN be used with AM. I think that MTS are just trying to cover their asses in case something goes wrong.

poi_boi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 13, 11:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah thank you Chaos. I stand corrected and shal return to my lurking position.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 13, 11:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The enablescripterror package was originally designed, by Pescado, to be used with AwesomeMod, for beta testing purposes, so it can't possibly be a core mod, and CAN be used with AM. I think that MTS are just trying to cover their asses in case something goes wrong.
This is incorrect. The enablescripterror package was originally designed by RICK. Because it modifies a lower-level DLL, SimIFace, which AwesomeMod did not and presently does not modify, it is not intrinsically incompatible and both were used to debug issues in the past. However, the version currently in circulation is believed to be the Old Version, pre-1.3, that is reported to cause issues and malfunctions in the post-1.3 game. Because it is a third-party product, we do not support it here. It is possible to update it to 1.3, but this would serve no real purpose as it has been superceded by the Flagrant System Error, and the remaining functionality is only of interest to modders.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 13, 12:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mistake, then. I could swear I downloaded it here. *sigh* My memory is not what it used to be.

*is embarrassed

Edit: I'm not even going to try to explain my thought process on this one. It had a strange sort of logic to it that would probably make sense only to me. Let's just say that I suffer from occasional temporary retardation, and leave it at that.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 13:42:21 by chaos » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 13, 14:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is incorrect. The enablescripterror package was originally designed by RICK. Because it modifies a lower-level DLL, SimIFace, which AwesomeMod did not and presently does not modify, it is not intrinsically incompatible and both were used to debug issues in the past. However, the version currently in circulation is believed to be the Old Version, pre-1.3, that is reported to cause issues and malfunctions in the post-1.3 game. Because it is a third-party product, we do not support it here. It is possible to update it to 1.3, but this would serve no real purpose as it has been superceded by the Flagrant System Error, and the remaining functionality is only of interest to modders.

And yet I continue to see a large number of extremely NON technically inclined people using it in spite of Rick explicitly telling them it is meant for debugging purposes only and not for the average end user.

Which just goes to show that if you put a shiny out there tards will use it even if they don't know what the hell it does or why they are using it. They will get it and use it just because. 'Oh someone posted something. Must download! Mmmmm brains'.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
MzDeb
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 13, 15:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, the title, "enables crip terror," should tell you that it is dangerous.

Deb, brain-eating zombie tard

When everyone is safe, no one will be free.
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 13, 20:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. Try removing that file.

I used it and it gave me trouble as well. Once I removed it. Everything went well again.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 13, 20:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yet I continue to see a large number of extremely NON technically inclined people using it in spite of Rick explicitly telling them it is meant for debugging purposes only and not for the average end user.
Well, in the beginning, it was the only way to get useful debuggable output at all. Eventually, we found better ways around its limitations, and so now we have the Flagrant System Error instead.

Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 13, 21:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Chaos, you are not chrazy. The Enablescripterror package file WAS listed for download in the Am download thread on MATY for awhile. That's where I downloaded it. I haven't used it since the latest patch borked it (although I know it's since been updated).
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 13, 23:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to Demonoid and download the AwesomeMod crack.  It will get rid of that warning.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 13, 23:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, a crack for a mod, that's rich. As long as you don't enable features that explicitly say EXPERIMENTAL there's no reason not to update.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: