More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:31:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Wonky Colored Question Mark Tiles
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wonky Colored Question Mark Tiles  (Read 79304 times)
Clampdairyola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Wonky Colored Question Mark Tiles
« on: 2009 August 13, 01:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I haven't been able to fix this and was hoping the whiz kids here can save my family.

I reinstalled after 1.3 (GRRR) and only installed 1.2 upon reinstall. Therefore I had no awesomemod and didn't get ISM.  
I was playing for about two weeks with no problems. I merged my house with the Wolff house in Sunset. Played MANY sims days. Quit and saved many times over several RL days. I installed the first Rose donation hairs and the shoes by Mel Calero. Go back into game to find these lovely tiles all over.

So I fixed them and played. Go back into the game again and see I have them again in different places and more of them.

So I start the process of removing my mods folder, deleting caches and moving other families into houses to test. AFAIK this house is the only one affected.

So now I reinstall for the umpteenth time and the tile situation is the same. My last back up was before I moved into the house, but I'll lose my Leader of the Free World and so many more hours of play, it's making me feel sick thinking about losing this family at their current progress.

Any suggestions would be......something, thank you.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Wonky Colored Question Mark Tiles
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 13, 01:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried classic cache purging?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Clampdairyola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 13, 01:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Plus don't forget the complete reinstall. And before I reinstall I use a registry cleaner as well.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 13, 02:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that lot decorated as default, or have you altered the tiles/ wallpaper? I'm trying to figure out if this is an issue with installed content or the game data.
Clampdairyola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 13, 02:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only redid the inside and didn't touch the outside. Also I have no CC walls or floors, plenty of patterns, most from MTS and a few from TRS. But I've had them forever.

I don't have a screenshot, but one of my master bathrooms and the den, which are the original, are wonky.
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 13, 03:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting the same thing with floors and wallpaper only AFTER the last AwesomeMod edition.

I follow my sim to the park, when he gets back its like some frickin  The Riddler wallpaper and floors. 

Odd thing, I used the same tiles in all 3 bathrooms and 2 are Riddler floors and the 3rd is the tile I had before.

Oh and one time my bedroom walls were Riddler walls, fixed em...then went out and came back...now the OUTSIDE walls are Riddler walls!

Again, only after the latest AM was installed, never before.

Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 13, 04:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see the problem. That tile is pretty great looking.
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 13, 13:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see the problem. That tile is pretty great looking.

har har har   Sad
Olivia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 13, 13:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me once after exiting create a style. I changed the pattern to something random, changed it back, and it was fine.
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 13, 16:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this question picture in re-using lots from other neighborhoods. Lots that had this, usually showed more buggy gamebehavior like stuck sims too.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 13, 16:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was a video card issue, cause I would get the question marks after playing for 10 - 13 hours and figured my poor card was at the end of its 256mb.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
SimsArtGallery
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 13, 17:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is due to the last awesomemod update. It happened to me and I had to reinstall back to 1.3. That was the only thing I could do to cure it. I got lucky because a friend had not updated to the last one. She had the 8-6-09 update. Another friend of mine also had updated and it happened to them as well.
Sam the Limey
Asinine Airhead

Lawn Gnome Liberation Front

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 13, 18:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just awesomemod. I don't have awesomemod running.

I have this too, on basic EA content wallpapers and floors. I currently have no mods installed and running, and it appeared after this latest patch (which also boned my game.)Thank EAxis.

I first noticed it when going into the Goth manor, which I hadn't touched at all. God knows what's going on there. I wonder if this is the TS3 version of the blue flashing annoyance, and if so, why are textures suddenly going missing after the patch. NO SENSE I TELL YOU! NONE!

I reitterate: It's not just awesomemod. I don't have awesomemod, and get the same thing.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 18:20:25 by Sam the Limey » Logged
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 13, 18:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to my Sunset Valley Modert Art Museum, a building I liked so much that I had barely  ever touched it.
So no possibility of this being a removed-texture problem.

It happened after 1.3 and with a bucketfull of CC though, for what its worth.
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 13, 18:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry   My entire city hall lot is The Riddler tiles and paint.   Angry

I move in and it goes back to normal.  wtf ?  I have the 1.3 patch and the latest AM.  
Again, it never happened until this latest AM.  It started all funky yesterday and it was yesterday I put in the AM.
 Angry
Clampdairyola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 13, 20:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I'm happy anyone has this problem, but I am glad I'm not alone.

I did NOT have 1.3 patch installed. I did a reinstall because of that crapppy patch in didn't update to it again. I also use CCleaner before install. I have the Pro version.

My specs are:
Windows (64 bit) XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP 3
Intel Pentium D 2.80 GHz
1 GB RAM (I know I need to upgrade)
Radeon 4850 HD 1 GB Graphics Card

This lot is a default lot. Wolff house in Sunset. 

I'm going to move them out and see what happens. I've tried everything else and it just keeps coming back.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 13, 20:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it happening in all save games, or just one? For example, if the Wolff house is affected, when you create a fresh Sunset Valley game is the Wolff house there affected too? If so, does it still happen if you create a fresh Sunset Valley world after replacing Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ GameData\ Shared\ NonPackaged\ Worlds\ Sunset Valley.world with a fresh copy from the install disc? These tests would tell us if it is a savegame\ world problem or not. Also it would be worth testing with a completely clean Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 folder if you haven't already.
Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 13, 21:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The question mark walls happened to me shortly after patching to 1.3. I had IS and AM both at that time, so this was before I dropped IS for the AM story driver. As mentioned by others, the wall patterns  were disappearing after returning from playing at a community lot or making changes in CAS. All I did was, as also mentioned previously, mess about with palette alterations for a minute, restore the pattern I wanted and voila, no more question marks. I've since played this same lot with no troubles.

Since upgrading to 1.4, I haven't seen the question marks again but that doesn't really mean anything. When it happened, I thought the problem was computer related, as in my game being corrupted by lost data due to less-than-optimal hardware. At the same time as the odd coloured walls appeared, I could hear my fans chugging and this, along with the usual big burst of hot air out the side of my laptop, tends to signal that I'm asking more of my computer than it can give me. 

Now a question for you; Did you install any extra files with the custom hair or only the hair? I just remembered that some cc comes with it's own resource.cfg. I doubt that's your problem but I'm trying to think of anything that could be causing a conflict.

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
simovitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 14, 01:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i actually had the riddler paintings from a custom house i got from Mts i never seemed to run out of them, this was before any patch and i dont have awesomemod installed
diana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 14, 10:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the question marks after installing 1.3 patch, and that was after a complete manual unistall/reinstall of the game before I could even patch it. I've had 3 lots affected so far, the Wolff house, Goth house and Art Gallery, none of which were altered or played by me in any way other than a quick visit to the art gallery.
As for details, I had a couple mods in game at that point, AM being one and no other downloaded content except items I purchased from EA Store. As for the Goth house, I ended up demolishing the entire lot and replacing it with a new house and lot and haven't had the problem recur there. The Wolff house I tried cleaning off the entire lot and rebuilding because I didn't want to demolish the lot and lose the beautiful scenery buff, that didn't work because the marks came back after returning to the lot. So I demolished the entire Wolff lot and replaced it with a new house lot and haven't had the problem recur there. But with the Art Gallery, I demolished the entire lot and replaced it with an exact copy of the same gallery which I got from a fresh neighborhood and that one reverted back to question marks. So right now i don't even have an Art Gallery in the city since the question marks were a bit much to constantly look at. And that's all I know so far.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 14, 11:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got this problem briefly when I started to unlock my game houses. I had about 10 houses locked including the ones from the game self: Goth, Landgraab, etc. The problem was very serious when I moved the Wolffs out of their house (I hate it). Then almost all buildings and houses presented one, several or all tiles covered with ?
The problem disappeared when all houses were unlocked and I finally bulldozed the damn Lone Wolf house.  The question mark seems to mean "Is that f** locked or not?
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 15, 02:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I experienced this once, back when I was running 1.2 and a (then current) awesomemod.  Shortly afterwards, the game froze and crashed, so I assumed it was my video card misfiring because it was about to crap out.  I wasn't using custom content on the affected pieces.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 15, 09:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any much ccs in my game except xml mods, replacement for the pudding skins, two hairs and AM. And I get all the issues reported here. My decision to not download any ccs for best look they can have, is just to assure that the issues are caused by the game bad programming, not anything that can be blamed on downloads.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 15, 12:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it happening in all save games, or just one? For example, if the Wolff house is affected, when you create a fresh Sunset Valley game is the Wolff house there affected too?
It's just affecting one savegame (at a time...). I had my arts gallery turn into Riddler's Weirdshitorium lately and could easily replace it with one I saved from a fresh default 'hood.

I think it's kinda strange though that only the detailed view was affected. The low res "preview" looked ok so I have no idea when it occurred and if it was related to something I did or something.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 15, 14:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just affecting one savegame (at a time...). I had my arts gallery turn into Riddler's Weirdshitorium lately and could easily replace it with one I saved from a fresh default 'hood.

I think it's kinda strange though that only the detailed view was affected. The low res "preview" looked ok so I have no idea when it occurred and if it was related to something I did or something.
So then this implies that your userdata is being affected as opposed to the game data- the in-game textures aren't being corrupted (so if you start a new game or use the same wallpapers/ floortiles on a different lot, it will be fine). It is curious that the same lots seem to be commonly affected- the Wolff house and art gallery for example. It would be interesting to see whether a backup suffers the same fate when replayed or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: