More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:48:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  School/Work Perfomance Problem is Making Me Sick
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: School/Work Perfomance Problem is Making Me Sick  (Read 5473 times)
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
School/Work Perfomance Problem is Making Me Sick
« on: 2009 August 08, 17:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been messing with me for the longest time. First I choose one of my households, play a few days, and they are doing great in both school and work. Then I get a little bored and switch to another household in the same neighborhood and do the same. Then when I go back to my previous household, the children are failing miserably and both parents have been fired. Seriously? Someone please fix this...
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: School/Work Perfomance Problem is Making Me Sick
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 08, 20:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

let me guess, you have story progression enabled right?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 08, 21:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the same thing, only my sims aren't fired when I find them, their performance is just in the red. And I don't have story progression enabled.
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 09, 00:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I have to turn off story progression just to stop this from happening?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 09, 02:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. Turning off story progression won't solve the problem.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 09, 14:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there some kind of mod to stop this? I checked everywhere...
misscatfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 09, 15:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use Awesomemod and its Configuration Tool (which you can access in the original post of the Awesomemod thread)? If so, disabling AllowInactivePerfGain should stop the job demotions (as well as prevent promotions, unfortunately) in the households you're not playing.

This worked for me and I run with aging on and story progression off. I'm not sure if it works on school performance, as well. Does anybody know for sure?
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 09, 18:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing that worked for me is everytime I make a short play with another lot I wait until kids go to school and parents go to work and set each one for "Work Hard", then I correct their motives with "MaxMotives" or just pull the motive sliders to the end. Then I left back to my main lot. Seems to work.
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 09, 22:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use Awesomemod and its Configuration Tool (which you can access in the original post of the Awesomemod thread)? If so, disabling AllowInactivePerfGain should stop the job demotions (as well as prevent promotions, unfortunately) in the households you're not playing.

I guess I should try that. Thanks.
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 11, 04:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem, but it doesn't start right away. In a new neighborhood, all the kids go to school and everyone seems to go to work. I'm also using Awesomemod. As the neighborhood ages, however, they just stop. I noticed that it seems to be directly related to whether I get the warning popup for 'hour until work/school.' If that warning fires in my active household, then inactive households all seem to go to work and school. If it doesn't fire, they blow it off. And as my neighborhood ages, the warnings stop firing and I haven't found any way to bring them back. I've been trying various things with my backup saves, but no dice, so if anyone has a way to get these warnings to start firing again, I'd love to hear about it. 

So I'm stuck switching households every morning to manually send kids to school, or just letting them fail. Ultimately I don't care, it just means the failing little jerks get crappy traits, and I can always change these later if I want, but for the sake of realism I'd love to find a way to get them going on their own again.
TrueLou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 13, 17:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Varmint, I have exactly the same issue as you, and I requested Twallan to remake his work/school pusher that was included in his variant awesomemod. He has done so, and it's now available in The Pudding Factory. Haven't tried it yet, so no feedback, but give it a go, it might just solve both of our issues.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: