More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 15:31:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: August 2009
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: August 2009  (Read 86350 times)
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: August 2009
« Reply #50 on: 2009 August 24, 05:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's red! And it has a light green roof! Love! Can't download it though. Lack of stuff-packs and I think you have BV.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 August 24, 17:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erry - I agree with you. I saw nothing wrong with the chosen house and only changed the bathroom, added a wall, and decorated with some extra landscaping. The roof was the number one appalling feature, so changing that made the house much more pleasing. I like the way you switched the rooms around too so that the kitchen leads out to the back patio. That is so much more convenient for grilling. In real life, I'd like the smaller baths upstairs to have a door leading to and from the neighboring bedroom only. In the Sims though, it is probably just as convenient for the door to lead to the hall.

Chobeegal - I really like the use of the M&G roof at ground level intermixed with normal walls so that you can get a better view with walls down. They look really nice as corner supports!
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 August 24, 19:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chobeegal - I really like the use of the M&G roof at ground level intermixed with normal walls so that you can get a better view with walls down. They look really nice as corner supports!

I agree, the M&G roof at ground level is really interesting and unique.  How unfortunate that the game doesn't properly drop those walls with the "walls and roofs down" option during gameplay.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 August 24, 21:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's red! And it has a light green roof! Love! Can't download it though. Lack of stuff-packs and I think you have BV.
Thank-you. Yes, I do have all SPs and EPs, I'm really sorry that makes it unusable for some people.

I agree, the M&G roof at ground level is really interesting and unique.  How unfortunate that the game doesn't properly drop those walls with the "walls and roofs down" option during gameplay.
Thanks. This idea was something that literally came to me in my dreams. When I woke up and remembered my dream I decided to just give it a try and see if I liked what I came up with. I did, so I decided to post it. It only took me about 3-4 hours in all to build and decorate; one of the fastest, if not the fastest, I've ever done. Maybe I should do more "dream houses". LOL I did forget to put in the ceiling though.

lizbeth
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 August 25, 01:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have been posting feedback before this thread got so many submissions, but here goes ::deep breath::

@Jorganza:  I really like both of your houses -- especially the roofing.  1st lot -- I'm a little bummed I don't have the Hoiday SP so I can't download the winter house Sad; 2nd lot -- My favorite part of this house is the landscaping and the outdoor living space.  I'm glad you posted additional pictures of the landscaping, I think it looks really nice

@Minena:  The simplicity of the courtyard is really stunning and the color scheme is great (I rarely use blues in my decorating so I like to see it done).  The 2nd floor bath seems kinda out in la-la-land but I understand why you chose to put it there.

@Ciane:  I don't have TS3 but the house is very cute nonetheless.

@Yibble: I think your house would work great as a small dorm.  I'm not really too keen that the entire yard is paved over though.

@Sipu von Sapu: This house is amazing!  The kitchen is a little small for my tastes, I think I would have put it in the empty room next to the pool.  I very much like the pool/exercise room and the garden sitting area.

@Liveangel:  The color scheme is nice although I'd agree with the others that it would look more at home on a dessert lot.

@Chobeegal:  1st lot -- I really like the rooftop green-space; 2nd lot -- Lovely, the pictures don't do it justice, I popped it in my game and it's very stunning.  Although since it's a community lot the solar panels on the roof seem like they don't really belong; 3rd lot -- I really like the creative use the M&G roofing and the color scheme rocks!

@Prosthetics:  1st lot -- I like the neutral two-tone color scheme.  The front of the house seems like it's missing something though (maybe some of the small round windows that came with M&G SP would spice up the front a little).  My boyfriend says he's glad that sims is just a game b/c a roofer would most surely break their neck trying to roof that house!;  2nd lot-- can't wait to see the finished product.

@Honeywell:  That house is definitely somewhere I would live IRL.  I can't wait to pop it in my game and decorate!

@Erry:  I really like the layout of your submission.  I will definitely be using it in my prosperity hood for a family/fortune couple that's getting ready to graduate Uni next round (they are bound to have at least a few spawn so it will be a perfect size)

Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 August 25, 04:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's to bad I don't have the Mansions and Gardens stuff pack, then.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 August 25, 08:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...since it's a community lot the solar panels on the roof seem like they don't really belong...
You are probably right in so far that businesses in the game don't actually receive bills (as they do in RL), but I was going for a bit of RL authentcism and "green" businesses I have seen (of which a "Garden Restaurant" might very likely be) do have Solar Panels and even wind powered generators. In fact I live in  a "ranching" area and wind power is very popularly used here.

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 August 26, 04:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Chobee Atrium

I'm not sure I really like how this came out. I thought it would be really neat to use the glass awning as a roof to the atrium/porches on the house, but since they don't drop with the walls it makes it a bit inconvienient to play. I did play test it enough to know that it is functional in all areas. I used some CC fixes, recolors, walls, roof, rugs and plants to get the look I wanted but not a great amount, and removing it with clean installer should not affect the basic house other than having to redo some missing items with Maxis content.

Slideshow: http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/chobeegal_photos/Chobee%20Atrium/?albumview=slideshow

http://www.box.net/shared/aia0ub8h8u

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 August 26, 11:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that DIAGONAL MULTITILE SIMS 2 FURNITURE I see? Don't do that, that borks the multitiledness and causes the object to bug out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2009 August 26, 13:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick hello, here's my house in progress. I'm in a fairy tale mood. Wink
I'll be back later, seems like a lot of houses got posted in the meantime. Goody!

why be normal?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 August 26, 19:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick hello, here's my house in progress. I'm in a fairy tale mood. Wink

What a beautiful house!  I'm looking forward to seeing the finished lot.

I must say that I think the submissions this month have been really good.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 August 27, 17:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SalixTree:  I can't wait to see the rest of your house.  It already looks like a great addition to my newest hood (which is home to quite a few of your other houses). 

I wish I could get motivated to participate this month.

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2009 August 27, 21:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just had a chance to look at everything. Some lovely stuff...

yibble, very difficult to make out your house.

Sipu_von_Sapu, classy! I like the low roofs. The whole house has a suburban look. Looks nice from the front, with that fancy fence.

Liveangel, that color! If I put that in my game, it will get a different paint job immediately! Maybe more of a fawn stucco. I'm not a big fan of that mustard color. Although the inside looks nice and hot.

chobeegal, so much stuff! My house looks empty compared to yours. I like the yellow and blue colors on the outside.

Prosthetics, Love the front of yours! Inside nice and neat, I only looked at a few photos, they were taking forever to load, so.

Oops.  I didn't realize you were crazy.  I meant to say +15 for wrapping that house in the loving embrace of plants, shrubs and trees. 
*giggles* I like plants too.. I like being crazy!! *ding dong*
But I do agree there are too many plants, cho, or maybe they are too much in a strait line.  I think I'd do them a little more randomly, I'm into a wilder look.

lizbeth, that's a lovely house! I adore the art room/wall. oh.. oops, was looking at the wrong slideshow. The Cozy Co-op is nice, but I like that other one better.

Jorganza, oooh! I like that one lots! Colorful and friendly interiors, fun room, bright kitchen. I love what you did with the roof in the front, how cool! And a slightly chaotic mix of plants. Very nice!

Cho, again... I do like that Cozy 'Chobee Co-Op Cottage a lot! Interesting idea using those roof pieces all the way to the ground. Love the interior, a crazy riot of color! It does indeed look like a house out of a dream.
And another house?? How many is that, 4? All wildly cluttered. Maybe it only looks cluttered because all the walls are down?

My house is done, it's getting quite late though, sleepy time for me. I'll get my house in here first thing in the morning.
Let me just post a photo.. when I finished my house, I thought it would go great in my storybook-type neighborhood. The instant I placed it, a rainbow appeared right on top of it. Magic! So I called it Rainbow's End.

See yas in the morning.

why be normal?
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 August 28, 03:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my second house for the month. I couldn't think of anyway to extend the house, so I simply kept it one story
with a sunroom added to it.
Could someone critique my garden and give me some tips on how I can improve it? Landscaping is usually the hardest part of decorating a house, and it's almost always a challenge to make a believable garden. Here's some pics of the gardening I added around the house.
I really like this, and don't see a thing I think you should change in your landscaping, but did you forget the download link (again)? LOL

I will get it packaged Smiley
Minena, as I said before, I really like your house and would really like to get it, but there is still no download link. Huh Sad

Let me just post a photo.. when I finished my house, I thought it would go great in my storybook-type neighborhood. The instant I placed it, a rainbow appeared right on top of it. Magic! So I called it Rainbow's End.
I always like your houses that look like they belong in a Fairytale. Rainbow's End seems a very appropriate thing to call this one.

Maybe it only looks cluttered because all the walls are down?
No, it is very cluttered looking. Probably because it is so small. I was trying to keep it only one story with two bedrooms, but it doesn't really work and also looks kind of squashed down, in my view. I think that is probably why I don't really like it too well. I decided to see what I could do with it though to make it more to my taste and less cluttery (hmmm, is cluttery actually even a word?). Also, Pes said:
Is that DIAGONAL MULTITILE SIMS 2 FURNITURE I see? Don't do that, that borks the multitiledness and causes the object to bug out.
So even though I have been doing this with multi-tile furniture and objects for a long time with no resulting problems whatsoever, I straightened them all out.

So with that said, I present-'Chobee Atrium Redux

Slideshow: http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/chobeegal_photos/Chobee%20Atrium%20Redux/?albumview=slideshow
There is a "lockable" invisible gate used in the Kitchen doors and at the stairs so that visitors can be excluded from those areas.
Download: http://www.box.net/shared/6jvjg7xmx0

P.S.
Honeywell, you can go ahead and deduct the points for excessive greenstuff, LOL, I like it and make no apologies or excuses for it.
P.P.S.
Alex, I don't think there are hundreds of trees in in this (I didn't actually count them though, LOL). Definitely they are not in straight lines though they are clipping through each other and through the walls. I can't do anything about that though.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 28, 05:11:55 by chobeegal » Logged

SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2009 August 28, 06:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flying high over Windywillow Vale, two faeries looked down and saw a house at the end of the rainbow.

The house from the back, faeries like to use the back door in this particular lot, it's more cheerful and sunny.

Front, for mere mortals to enter.

Whisper makes himself and his ladyfriend some brekkie.

Ladyfriend Mara testing the front door, to see if it does indeed open! (I was also testing my faerie wings here. Wink The red ones seem a bit large, green ones ok!)

The two faeries trying out some blueberry porridge. (Took some of these photos before I realized I had covered ALL the house floors with a white carpet. Replaced it with tiles in kitchen and bath)

There's an old piece of a tree here, the faeries sense a connection, this was once a dryad's tree. They dance for the old fey.

Looking out the window in the sitting room.

Bedroom

Ground floor

2nd floor

Here's a slideshow:

And here's the house "Rainbow's End": http://www.mediafire.com/?zkgzwl22noz
I built this in my regular game, I have all EPs and M&G. House costs somewhere around 23,000.

why be normal?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 August 28, 09:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SalixTreeLand is a weird, froofy place.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2009 August 28, 11:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SalixTreeLand is a weird, froofy place.

hee hee heeee! 
*wonders what PesLand is like??* .. Maybe a bit nasty for faeries, yes?

why be normal?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 August 28, 11:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to pick houses to a theme that fits the occupant, or have them supply their own. So Emma, for instance, lives in the BATHROOMLESS HOUSE of her own making, while others similarly live in houses they have built for themselves. For better or worse. Usually worse.

As for my own sims, they live in bland, but highly functional gray brick-shaped structures.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2009 August 29, 09:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.  You need a SalixTree sim, Pescado.  I would love to see this house in Awesomeland.

ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 August 29, 13:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You gotta love a SalixTree house!

I did finally make the Sims3 house into a two-story version to allow for family expansion. The cost is almost 55K now. I call it the Mayfield House because that is the street location I gave it on the 20x30 lot.

New pictures of revision:

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8096df8f2382e42e90a82c7bb0fad7ade04e75f6e8ebb871
ajcrawly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 August 29, 22:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decided to make a simple starter house this time.  So here is Cozy Co-op Starter.  Cost is just under 20K.

Front of House;

2nd Floor Bedroom;

Main Floor;

Download attached because it was small enough.   I have all EPs and SPs.

* Cozy Co-Op Starter.7z (451.9 KB - downloaded 458 times.)

"We've been rehearsing a classic from antiquity, Green Eggs and Hamlet, the story of a young prince of Denmark who goes mad, drowns his girlfriend, and in his remorse, forces spoiled breakfast on all whom he meets." — Christopher Moore (Fool)
Sipu_von_Sapu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 August 30, 12:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi again
some truly amazing houses you all have built. I'm thoroughly enjoying looking at this burst of imagination and talent you all are showing. Thanks for sharing, everyone. Such a source of inspiration. Cheesy

Thanks for your comments. The kitchen in my first version was a bit small (but still perfectly playable though). I suppose, I'm not a very kitcheny person myself. Hardly ever allow my sims to cook, but however, I decided to make some improvements to my first version and here you have it: my version # 2. This one isn't playtested at all.

Moved the kitchen and swapped the places of dining area and sofa group. Added a fireplace to the dining area and a grilling area at the back of the house. The rubbish bin is now in a closet.

Made the library a bit larger and the two bedrooms a bit smaller. Added another balcony.

The cost of this house is around §88k

Download: link
No cc included. I've got all EP's and SP's
Enjoy!

Gone with the SIM
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2009 August 30, 22:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ajcrawly, cute little house. I would have given it one of those half roofs over the front door. How you call it, the upside-down V look.
(my brain's shutting down, can't think of the word) Like Ciane has over the front door.
Ciane, still so ultra pretty!
Sipu_von_Sapu, I like your outside color theme of yellows and peach, friendly colors. Cool indoor pool.

Heh.  You need a SalixTree sim, Pescado.  I would love to see this house in Awesomeland.

You know where they are?
 Kiss
« Last Edit: 2009 August 30, 22:38:45 by SalixTree » Logged

why be normal?
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 August 31, 01:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prosthetics, Love the front of yours! Inside nice and neat, I only looked at a few photos, they were taking forever to load, so.

Yeah. Photobucket sucks like that. They're all displayed now with img tags, if you're up for another look. Wink

Your house is absolutely stunning, by the way, you always make such pretty things  Cheesy

Okay, Edited to add my last house for the month:

The Sunny Suburban
Front:

Back:

Entryway:

Family Room:

Downstairs Bathroom:

Kitchen:

Dining Room:

Downstairs Bedroom:

Half Bathroom:

Upstairs Hallway:

Upstairs Bedroom:

Upstairs Bathroom:

MasterBedroom 1:

MasterBedroom2:

TopViews:
Second Story: http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/ComaB/TS2/?action=view&current=Secondstory-TopView.png
First Story: http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/ComaB/TS2/?action=view&current=Firststory-TopView.png

Attached because I could; this lot was made with ALL EP's, excluding Bon Voyage, and [Glamour Life Stuff, H&M Fashion Stuff, IKEA Home Stuff, Teen Style Stuff, and Celebration Stuff]

And just a quick note: The half bathroom appears unpainted in the pictures, but I painted it. The attached file comes with the painted bathroom. I don't think of a lot of things until I start taking pictures. Which is why in some pictures you'll see things that weren't in others.  Wink

All of my houses are between 60,000 and 70,000 simoleons furnished. When unfurnished, they are usually under 20,000. (but I don't attach any unfurnished, so unimportant.)
All files have been attached to their original post, and pictures updated. The only house that won't be getting any interior pictures is the Cozy Cabin. Only exterior for you!

* Sunny Suburban.rar (473.45 KB - downloaded 478 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 31, 12:05:47 by Prosthetics » Logged
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 August 31, 12:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For that price, the bathroom should have wallpaper!

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: