More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 11:54:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: August 2009
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: August 2009  (Read 86199 times)
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
EAxis House of Phail: August 2009
« on: 2009 August 07, 06:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This month we are going to pretty up this house, Cozy Co-op, from Family Fun Stuff. I don't own that stuff pack, so I rebuilt the house from the picture, using Anygame Base game. I couldn't make out what was on the 2 tables, so put whatever in there. Doesn't really matter, does it?
The base game rebuild is attached below.

Gah. The lot doesn't have flat edges. I went through half an hour of trouble to fix the lot edges.
*edit* see what happens when I start one of these threads? There's a flattened edge lot a few posts down, on Liveangel's post. Thanks Liveangel.  Kiss

And photos from my rebuild:

Rules copy and pasted from last month:

1. No CC.  Please indicate stuff packs so people who wish to download your lot know what to expect.  Pictures are required, either available for download, on a slideshow, or posted in this thread.

2. By entering this challenge, you agree to take constructive criticism.  If you wish to judge someone else's entry, you should be respectful but honest.

3. Your lot does not have to be Awesomespec, although it is encouraged.

4. You may move internal walls and add external walls but you may NOT move original external walls.

5. Lots may be furnished, unfurnished, or partially furnished.  You can even upload both furnished and unfurnished versions.

Bonus rule:  Keep the two big flowery shrubs where they are.

(I've never started a thread here before.. little nervous)

* Cozy Co-Op (base game).rar (374.85 KB - downloaded 510 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 09, 09:34:28 by SalixTree » Logged

why be normal?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: August 2009
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 07, 17:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there some reason that you didn't attach the lot directly to your post?  I've attached it here for now.

Otherwise, you did well; thanks so much for rebuilding the lot so that everyone can participate.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 07, 22:59:19 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 07, 18:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will keeping the existing tree be a bonus challenge?

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 07, 19:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there some reason that you didn't attach the lot directly to your post?  I've attached it here for now.

Otherwise, you did well; thanks so much for rebuilding the lot so that everyone can participate.

Oh, I never attached stuff in here before, I'll do that now.

Will keeping the existing tree be a bonus challenge?

Sure, there are 2 of those big flowery bushes, I'll go and edit my first post to include that bonus.

why be normal?
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 09, 02:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's absolutely hot here in the south, so I'm bringing something a little bit colder.

Home for the Holidays.

View without snow

Living room filled with Christmas decor.

Dining/Kitchen

Single room

Master Bedroom.

Edit: Ok the file is uploaded. Sorry for taking so long. I had to decorate everything again because I didn't know moving a sim out of the house using boolprop still made the objects disappear.

House is around 71K and uses all EPs and SPs. 

Cozy Co-Op Jorganza.rar

« Last Edit: 2009 August 22, 19:55:46 by Jorganza » Logged
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 09, 09:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah. The lot doesn't have flat edges. I went through half an hour of trouble to fix the lot edges. On the plus side, Base game starter provided me with some delicious nostalgia.
The file is attached.

Crap, turns out I wasn't really successful. Sigh. I'll attach the new one when I finally get it to work. For now, I'll leave this one here.

I've finally got it to work! At least I think so. Whew.

* Cozy Co-Op base.zip (574.11 KB - downloaded 500 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 09, 10:21:57 by Liveangel » Logged

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 09, 19:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved the house to the sea side

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 09, 19:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Minena, I love the "beachfront" blues you've used as your colour scheme, and the courtyarded front bush/tree is an eye-catching and attractive feature for the front yard. Nice work!

ETA: Jorganza, your house is stunning, all trimmed and covered with snow. Great decorations!
« Last Edit: 2009 August 10, 21:19:54 by Liz » Logged

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 09, 21:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both of those houses turned out well. The second floor really helps balance that design. I'm thinking of putting the house in Sims 3 and seeing what I can do with it there.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 10, 18:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry I am sooooooooo annoyed! I would have jumped right on this but RL has gotten in the way. I should actually say cleaning my RL house, specifically cleaning my roommate/sister's bedroom while she is out of town for 4 days. Yes it is taking 4 days to clean it!. I don't think she has cleaned it in years. In fact I think I found a stash of Confederate money hidden under her bed. LOL If you can't imagine how bad it is/was, have any of you seen the show "Clean House"? Well that's my sister's room/house. She's the quintessential "Pack Rat/Collector" personality. And before you ask why I am cleaning her room, I swear the mess was alive and spawning and threatening to invade and overpower my room. The only thing protecting me was keeping my door closed at all times and I swear at night I could hear it knocking and scratching to get in! Shocked

ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 12, 03:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are a good sister chobeegal!

I spent the day making the house into a Sims 3 starter. I reoriented the bathroom and added a tile for the toilet. I moved one wall to make the bedroom smaller and I added a wall to enclose the kitchen. Even with expensive paintings, the place only costs 37.5K on a cheap 20x30 lot.

I know I deviated severely from the main point and I should have added a second floor for a couple bedrooms and bath. Maybe I will do that tomorrow. Anyway, if you are curious, it looks like this:

edited to add link to file: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8096df8f2382e42e90a82c7bb0fad7ade04e75f6e8ebb871
(882.47 KB)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 26, 16:23:08 by ciane » Logged
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 12, 12:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh crap, I've been so caught up with creating my custom TS2 'hood, I'll get to building after I finish playing my legacy for a chapter or so.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 12, 13:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are a good sister chobeegal!

Or else I've completely lost my mind and should be Baker Acted for my own safety, I'm not sure which.  Roll Eyes

SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 13, 21:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some charming houses, Jorganza  and Minena, both have lovely color schemes!  Ciane, yours is utterly cute, a much improved and more colorful version of Maxis' one.
I haven't even started on my one yet, hope to get to it soonish.

why be normal?
yibble
FURRY
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 13, 23:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my version:

Sipu_von_Sapu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 15, 08:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I like what everybody have done with this house so far. Good work!

So here's my version. Playtested just a bit. Its only partly furnished only to show where I thought the different areas should be. And it has the one desk.

I 've got all the EP's and other stuff packs but don't own that FFS SP so I was pleased that you guys made the house available for me to download. Thank you.

That said, I'd like to add a small rant: I wanted to use the boolProp lockTiles false code but was disappointed to note that it didn't work. So I couldn't make the house as wide as I would have liked. Blah! /end rant.

Now to the pictures: I've made some small modifications to minor details of this house after I took the pictures.

A fence protects the garden from strays. The mail box you see in the pic is part of default replacements Avanti Entrance Set from Simgedoehns. It's not included in the download package.

The trash can is at the back of the house by the kitchen door. so it doesn't take the sims too long to take the trash out. The trash can is also from the Avanti Entrance Set from Simgedoehns.

Downstairs. You can lock the kitchen door and the door to upstairs to prevent guests from wandering. A small table is placed by the entrance door so that the sims can place their incoming mail there. I've used half walls to divide the room in separate foyeur area, dining area and tv-area. See the slide show for detailed pics! I took away the rocky fountain from the garden corner because it was a stupid idea to put it there in the first place!

Upstairs. Here's a big family room, balcony, a library and two other rooms.

All the details pictures are in a slideshow here.

It's far from perfect, but I hope you like it  Grin

Edit: the link to slideshow should work now.

« Last Edit: 2009 August 15, 19:56:15 by Sipu_von_Sapu » Logged

Gone with the SIM
lizbeth
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 15, 19:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sipu_von_Sapu -- I love the house, but the slideshow requires a log-in, could you make it public please Smiley
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 16, 09:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Traveller's Turf is an attempt at an exotic home. A picture's worth 1000 words. I used Anygame Starter to make this compatible for those who only have NL and AL.

Night pictures thumbnail'd to cut down on pic-spam. Click to expand:

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 17, 07:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cozy 'Chobee Co-Op

Well here is my redo. I have all EPs and SPs. This house has a negligible amount (if any) of CC. It may have a recolor or two as well as a couple of "fixes" for certain items.

There is a roof garden/Patio; The Master bedroom, 2 children's bedrooms, a nursery, and 3 baths are on the second floor; Kitchen, dining room, livingroom, and pool area are on ground floor.

Here is the link: http://www.box.net/shared/vygh3atcsq
« Last Edit: 2009 August 21, 16:23:31 by chobeegal » Logged

Honeywell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 21, 05:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love seeing what everyone comes up with each month.  If this was the BBS I'd hand out benes and stars but it's not so all you get is my opinion.  Tongue  Sorry.

Jorganza - Awesome. 

Minena - I love the beach colors and the simple, uncluttered furnishings.

ciane - Cute!

vibble - I'm not crazy over the boxy, symmetrical look and your pictures don't show enough detail for me to find something I do like. 

Sipu von Sapu -  Cute!  I like the stucco and siding combination.  But why did you put the refrigerator and stove in that closet?

Liveangel - Cheesy!  I really like the covered patio area and probably something else but I can't get past the color.

chobeegal -  + 10  for color and creativity.   - 15 for choking that poor house with plants, shrubs and trees.

Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 21, 13:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SEE SECOND POST  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2009 August 21, 19:19:19 by Prosthetics » Logged
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 21, 17:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

chobeegal -  + 10  for color and creativity.   - 15 for choking that poor house with plants, shrubs and trees.

OK, Honeywell, so I guess you don't like plants/flowers/shrubs/trees.
Are you like those people who go and buy a beautiful wooded lot (which because of the trees costs a lot more than the barren lot next to it) and then bulldoze them all out? If I had my way, those kind of people would be prosecuted for stupidity. If you want a "naked" lot then buy the one that already is. Don't pay extra money to get the one with trees and then murder them.
Personally I love to have lots of trees and greenery surrounding me and where I live. Rather than "choking" anything, they add a sense of freshness, "breathability", and yet privacy to a home. My one great complaint w/ Sims2 is that if I actually put as much "landscaping" into a Sims lot as I would like to have in RL, it makes the house totally unplayable.
But since you don't like plants around a house, you must really love Prosthetics' concrete landscaping. (This is not a "slam" toward your house, Prosthetics; I like several features of it, especially lthe different roof heights. I'm just not fond of concrete. Grin)
Liveangel, I actually like the color of the house. It fits with the style you have done. The one suggestion I would make is that it would look more "at home" in desert landscaping. The Hibiscus would still work, I've lived in the desert and still had Hibiscus plants.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 21, 17:29:02 by chobeegal » Logged

Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 21, 17:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seriously just realized that I completely forgot landscaping. I built that house very early this morning. I think I'll be fixing that now. XD
I was trying to go for a "beach" lot, but...ahhhh...I suppose that's kinda difficult without BV  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2009 August 21, 20:22:04 by Prosthetics » Logged
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 21, 18:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apologies for double posting, and you can poke fun at me if needed...but the forum is refusing to save my edits.  Tongue

the NEW front

the back

the foyer

Living view 1

Living view 2

Bathroom 1

Bathroom 1-2

Bathroom 2

Dining and Kitchen area

Bathroom 3

Upstairs Hallway

Bedroom 1

Bedroom 2

Birdseye (First Floor)

Birdseye (Second Floor)

Still feel like I'm missing something now that I've 'fixed' it.  Sad

This lot was made with ALL EP's, excluding Bon Voyage and [Glamour Life Stuff, H&M Fashion Stuff, IKEA Home Stuff, Teen Style Stuff, and Celebration Stuff]

* Beachside Bungalow.rar (525.4 KB - downloaded 479 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 31, 11:42:28 by Prosthetics » Logged
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 21, 18:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prosthetics, this is definitely more to my taste in landscaping. I don't know how well Honeywell will take your addition of trees and plants (and grass) though LOL.

Edit: Corrected typo.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 23, 00:07:38 by chobeegal » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: