More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 07:01:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 225799 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #350 on: 2009 August 31, 02:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like you have corrupt want trees. Do a resetallwants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2009 August 31, 10:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grah was deserted, so here are two FSE:s in one rar-file. I had odd things happen when I enabled the new command, and then shortly after used forcemovein - the homelessfamily moved in to the house I was playing, and THAT family was evicted. I got the FSE:s when trying to switch between families. The force-moved-in family was not possible to switch to, at all.

ingeli - You have to do forcemovein from the edit town menu. If you do it from the main game you will force out your family and move the homeless in there. I learned that the hard way.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2009 August 31, 11:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not attempt to use forcemovein, it is not a command that is for public use. I have not put enough Stupidity Checks on it for it to be publicly used.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2009 August 31, 12:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not attempt to use forcemovein, it is not a command that is for public use. I have not put enough Stupidity Checks on it for it to be publicly used.

With ASM not generating legions of homeless bastards, I have no reason to use this command any longer. It was fun while it lasted...
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: 2009 August 31, 13:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha - I have used it once or twice, successfully, before, may well have been in edit town mode. Now when I know I will be aware of this. It was just annoying to have 1-2 homeless families hanging there and not moving in anywhere, in spite of me giving them house money, and having several nice bunkers available. I probably was too impatient.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2009 August 31, 13:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're using AwesomeStory, they WILL migrate in, there's an extremely strong pressure to, in the presence of the requisite funds and housing, become non-homeless. If you're using EA or ISM, all bets are off.

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: 2009 August 31, 14:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No subsitutes - Only AM Tongue
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: 2009 August 31, 17:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I get a list of cheat commands?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2009 August 31, 19:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. I've been lurking for a few weeks now, and I've been watching Awesome mod for considerably longer. I've tried to clarify everything I can by reading as much as I can, but I'm from a lit and editing background, not a coding and tech background so I'm always going to lag behind. I've been testing story mode for the last week, and making a few observations. I can't identify causation, just end-user issues, and that almost qualifies me to piss off and die from what I've seen so far of this forum. Smiley Still not touching SC at this point, but the game is infinitely smoother and less irritating under AM.

Nevertheless, something I've noticed:

Even following the latest AM build, all my NPC school kids are failing, even though they are also all doing their homework now. Only the family I am managing at the time are able to maintain school performance, so I've getting a lot of insane/evil/clumsy sims appearing. Is this a known issue? Have I implemented something wrong?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 31, 19:35:09 by tea_and_blues » Logged

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Blurpinstein
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2009 August 31, 21:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its always bugged me that in the Sims 3 (the EA story mode especially) there are so few consequences in the game. In modern games the trend has been to appeal to the masses by giving people infinite lives (ala Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls). In retro games like Contra, the technology to save a game was not yet discovered, and so when you fucked up, you fucked up! -which made it that much more entertaining. I'd like to see more of that in the Sims 3. The awesome mod, as it exists today, obviously corrects many of most irritating aspects of EA's nauseatingly-rosy approach on the consequences of living in a mini-society (so much so, I don't think I would play the game if I couldn't use the mod) but there seems to be a lack of any serious consequences that result from the Sim's actions. The pedophile mod which, although humorous, was especially fascinating to me because of the long term effects my character's stupid actions had on his life. He was a police officer in the middle of the ladder and was on his way to completing his lifetime wish when all of a sudden his entire life was flipped because of one stupid mistake. After his 3 day long stint in jail (I modified the jail term to be longer than a day), I added the mean spirited trait and removed his good trait to reflect the mental consequences that can arise from a trauma like that. Now he is a different character, although in many ways he is the same man. He has the same relationships and retains a majority of the traits he previously had. This more closely resembles real life, i believe, because our personalities are not completely static (as EA makes them after adulthood). The majority of our traits do come from our past but more traits are added (and subtracted) throughout our life. Our actions and experiences modify our personalities and we have to live with the consequences of what we do. I don't know this can even be done, but would it be possible to make it so that Sims' personalities can be modified by the story driver to react to the tramatic events caused by their actions. I know you dislike handouts, but this wouldn't necessary be handout because it would be affected by actual events that occur in game. Better yet, do you think it would be possible to customize trait modifications for individual sims (i.e. an over emotional Sim would gain the neurotic trait if he witnessed someones death -you could also make this have something like a 25% chance of happening to an overemotional sim when witnessing a death to add some spontaneity). Again, I doubt if any of this is possible, but I think something like this would be a way of having the traits interact with one another, as well as with the environment, which would create an interesting dynamic in the game.

Eviction due to inability to pay bills is likely the reason that will eventually be instituted. As for "some people moving out", it's not like they can really GO anywhere. If I start vaporizing sims entirely, we're back to the thing we hated in EA storymode, that even EAxis got rid of. So we're certainly not going there.

If you make a lot with only trees (like a park) and a few beds -real cheap property), would families that can't pay the bills move there? It would be basically the same thing as being homeless, except there would be a place where they could go that would reflect their financial position in life without destroying them.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 31, 21:51:40 by Blurpinstein » Logged
Rosehrt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2009 September 01, 23:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed since taking out Indie story mode and using awesome story mod that the little bit of drama that was in the game has disappeared. My flirty sims flirts are not accepted anymore from sims with partners, even if they are at 100% friendship.  They just throw up their hands and that is it. All the fun is gone for my flirty sims steeling other sims partners. No more fun in my flirty sims getting caught partner stealing and getting snubs from sims offend by it. No more the option to say I feel sorry for so and so. I just loved it with Indie mode when I got a popup that said who ever just cheated on who ever I feel sorry for them, and then they gave the cheating sim the cold shoulder.

It just is not fair that flirty townie sims can flirt with sims with partners in the rabbit holes. But my playable flirty sims are left out in the cold.

One other thing this would really mess up game play for those sims having the life time wish of having 10 boy friends.

I don't want to put Indie mod back in. Can't stand all those babies being born and opportunities being broken each time I changed households. And the opportunities would play really havoc with the game, if they were associated to any rabbit hole. If I forgot to cancel them out before changing households. Sims would loose options like taking a class of some kind with what ever rabbit hole the opportunity was associated with.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2009 September 02, 06:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even following the latest AM build, all my NPC school kids are failing, even though they are also all doing their homework now. Only the family I am managing at the time are able to maintain school performance, so I've getting a lot of insane/evil/clumsy sims appearing. Is this a known issue? Have I implemented something wrong?

I have the same happen NPC Kids dont get the Shoolbus there is only one for my playable Sims, but the other Kids stay at home in low level mode. The Parents go to Work and skill if needed but Kids do nothing exept Homework if its not finished at this point.
Dr. Strangelove
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2009 September 03, 08:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-I have no idea what the purple-coloured car/bike means, they are not abandoned, but in use/moving around? After a while they dissappeared.
Purple car/bikes are those which are derelict. If they are on the road and not moving, this is a bad sign. If they appear only briefly, that's probably because the tracker spotted them right when they spawned, before the sim popped into it. They may subsequently change color or start moving, which means they are fine again. Those that AREN'T moving, if they are on the road, were abandoned because a sim was ejected from them while driving, and now they are stuck on the road. Placing the owners on Supreme Commander will cause them to reclaim their vehicle. I may also include a "Dude! Where's My Car" action that will let you order it immediately later.

In my game, using AMS 8/30/2009 09:50 AM, placing the owners on Supreme Commander doesn't result in the owners reclaiming derelict bikes, and 'towderelicts' doesn't seem to work for bikes.

My game froze going from Buy/Build Mode to Live Mode (on any lot) and having to kill the game with Process Explorer (task manager). In this thread that problem is described without mentioning AwesomeMod. Deleting the cache files (in \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) and using 'Save As' as suggested there only work (for me) when not using AMS. The moment AMS is used again the freeze is back.

The reason I'm posting in this thread is that derelict bikes apparently can cause this Buy/Build Mode freeze when using AwesomeMod. Getting rid off the derelict bikes using NRaas Computer (Master Controller - Maintanance - Objects Stats - All - find/select/purge the bikes) could solve the problem for AMS users, it did for me.

« Last Edit: 2009 September 03, 08:55:48 by Dr. Strangelove » Logged
Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2009 September 03, 16:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the 9/3 4:21 a.m. update I am seeing married sims cheating on their spouses again, none of them have the flirty or commitment issues trait.

edited for spelling

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2009 September 03, 17:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eviction due to inability to pay bills is likely the reason that will eventually be instituted.
But households are already moving to cheaper houses if they become unable to pay the bills for their place, right? You are invoicing the non-active households directly, without actual bills, correct? Is it possible for a household to get negative funds? With familyfunds being a signed int, there should be no technical issue about it, but I assume it would be an irregular state for the game?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: 2009 September 03, 21:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a bit concerned about the divorce rate in my town.  They have kids with one woman, leave and have kids with another.  The trouble is at that rate it's not long before everyone in the town is a step-sibling of everyone else and it all gets bogged down.  I think it might be good to have fewer serial breeding-partners. 

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2009 September 03, 23:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed in the new build, dated 9/3  4:21am, that when I had my Sim get a job at around 10:00am Sim time he was already missing work. He shouldn't of had to be at work until the next day at 9am but it made him start work right away causing him to have bad work performance from the start. It happened again when I had another Sim in the same household get a job.

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2009 September 04, 02:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also experiencing a large dose of cheating sims. Large as in everyone who's married is cheating on their spouse with everyone else who's married as well as with available singles.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: 2009 September 04, 09:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I think the extramarital affairs are probably a bit more than we really want in the game, given how small the town is.  I think if the story wants a sim to cheat quite often due to their traits, sometimes it could sort of "invent" a sim from another town they met somewhere otherwise you end up all the sims have slept with every other sim in the town.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2009 September 04, 11:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also experiencing a large dose of cheating sims. Large as in everyone who's married is cheating on their spouse with everyone else who's married as well as with available singles.
Neighborhoods with legacy retained romantic relationships may continue this behavior. You have to sorta start a fresh neighborhood to clear that, or wait until I add a command to globally clean out old loves. This behavior is sorta similar to how it was in TS2, where any romantic relationships are retained basically forever: Although it's easier for a player to manually terminate than before, NPCs didn't and thus were continuing to act on them. Newer versions automatically sever them, but old legacy neighborhoods will still have them.

Jens
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2009 September 04, 12:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still don't think this is working correctly even in brand new neighbourhoods. I started a fresh Sunset Valley 4 real days ago which is now in sim week 5. Sims which were married by ASM are constantly cheating with others, both married and single. I've just looked at 3 seperate sims as an example, 1 with family orientated trait had a wife plus 3 romantic interests and 2 other sims both with unflirty trait have a husband/wife and 2 romantic interests each. So it isn't because of flirty/ commitment issue traits.

I download the latest AM before each play session so this isn't the result of old versions.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2009 September 04, 12:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I know WHY they're doing it: Because they have those 3 romantic interests. The question is, did they acquire those romantic interests BEFORE they got married, or afterwards?

Jens
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2009 September 04, 12:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure because what they were up to before marriage didn't interest me. I noticed 1 of them did have an ex listed so I assume would suggest after. I'll check with the next couple the system marries.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

EDIT: I've copied the town and just fast forward the active family to get more marriages. Each time there was a marriage I selected the couple and looked for romantic interests remaining there was none, this was the case for 4 different couples. On the 5th couple, when I went and checked I also checked on 2 more sims living with them who I knew had numerous romances. One of these had a romantic interest listed as 1 of the males from the previous 4 marriages so I went back and checked him and he now had 2 romantic interests and his wife 1. I'm certain these were removed when they married and somehow were reinstated neither have flirty/commitment issue traits. I also went back to the other couples and 1 male had also regained a romantic interest, no romantic ASM notifications were received involving these during testing. Looking back on the save before, when these couples were engaged, the same sims were listed as romantic interests.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 04, 14:14:03 by Jens » Logged
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: 2009 September 04, 14:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't sims ever lose their previous hearts?

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2009 September 04, 15:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't sims ever lose their previous hearts?

With debug enabled, try typing in "dropoldloves".  This should clear the old romantic interests (at least it used to).

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: