More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:19:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Lifetime Rewards Glitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lifetime Rewards Glitch  (Read 14505 times)
trevorms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lifetime Rewards Glitch
« on: 2009 August 05, 13:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed AwesomeMod yesterday. And it seemed to work fine. So I decided to save my game.

But today, I found out a glitch. And it was saved too Cry. It means that even I uninstall the mod, it's still there.

What I did was after I installed the mod, I purchased some new rewards for my Sim. When I push the "Lifetime Rewards" button, the pop-up came out, and I quickly recognised some changes the mod made. In generally (without the mod installed), you cann't purchased a reward many times (except those are objects, like the Body Scupltor or the Teleport Pad...). And after you purchased that reward, it will be removed from the selection table (it means the list will shorten). But when you installed the mod, you can see that the reward you had purchased will stay on the table (although it cann't be selected again). But I thought it was normal, so I purchased some new rewards, saved my game and turned off the game.
And here is the glitch that I found out today. (pls take a look at the attached pic). The rewards I purchased yesterday (after I installed the mod) are working fine, I guess Huh. But those I purchased before installing the mod become null (both the title and the description).

Luckily for me, I was wise enough to take a backup of my save files, and I can return everything back to normal. But I just want you to know about the glitch. Hope it will be fixed soon. Sorry I'm too lazy to post the pic on other site and put the code into my post. So I compressed it to a .rar file
« Last Edit: 2009 August 23, 18:32:07 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
asmadasrabbits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Lifetime Rewards Glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 05, 15:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you happen to edit the sim that is having this problem using the 'editsim' cheat?
trevorms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 05, 18:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did use the "editsim " cheat. But not on the Sim who are having the problem. I used it on the maid rented by that Sim. I just wanted to check the maid's outfits and traits. So after I finished, I just clicked cancel, not confirm. I think ir's not harmful as the game didn't save any changes
abbyfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 23, 18:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah this has happened to me. Currently still looking for a soloution. Although ive only had problem with one of the rewards 'steel bladdar'
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 24, 07:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you change a sim's age using editsim, even temporarily, you will mess up their earned Rewards.  some of the rewards will disappear, others will show <null key>, and other weird glitchy things might happen, none of them fatal as far as I know, just messy.

If that's what happened, you can fix it by going back into editsim, writing down their attributes, then clicking the dice thing to roll all new random attributes, then set attributes back to the way they were, or the way you want them.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 24, 08:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is similar but, when I started using AM my rewards were overlapping as if I didn't get the previous rewards. That was only with the sim whom had rewards before AM though, everything is fine now.
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 25, 22:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same happened with one of my sims.
iii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 17, 06:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am playing "The Sims 3" with patch 1.4.6 installed, and also using the Awesome Mod build 2009/09/16 01:29:00.
When "addtrait ProfessionalSlacker" to my child sim, the message "Can`t buy reward trait. Cheat and buy it instead" is shown. I know I am stupid, but I would like to ask how to "cheat" for child???
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 17, 06:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Type "lifetimehappiness" to get 50K ASP. AwesomeMod doesn't let you add reward traits with addtrait because they behave in a nonstandard way and mess up when added this way, and rather than trying to figure out how to specifically handle them, it is easier to just tell you to cheat for ASP and buy it that way.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 17, 20:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a weird error with lifetime rewards.. Sims buy rewards and they get it for free. I mean the points don't decrease.
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 September 17, 23:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that also but it appears to be a graphic glitch.  If I click to another sim or tab then click back the points have been deducted.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 September 18, 00:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a weird error with lifetime rewards.. Sims buy rewards and they get it for free. I mean the points don't decrease.

Try clicking on the button to buy rewards.  When you click there, the points will show correctly.  Sometimes, with some sims after buying rewards, it is slow to remove the points from the tab, but when you try to buy, they aren't there and you can't buy.  At least with my game anyway. 

I learnt to ignore it as another EAxis glitch that really doesn't affect my game.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
iii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 September 18, 05:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Type "lifetimehappiness" to get 50K ASP. AwesomeMod doesn't let you add reward traits with addtrait because they behave in a nonstandard way and mess up when added this way, and rather than trying to figure out how to specifically handle them, it is easier to just tell you to cheat for ASP and buy it that way.
I have forgotten to mention that, ProfessionalSlacker is not available for child to buy...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 September 18, 07:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's there by default, because children don't have jobs and therefore cannot buy crap slackness as a perk.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
iii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 September 19, 05:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's there by default, because children don't have jobs and therefore cannot buy crap slackness as a perk.
But... you still do not answer my question "how to add reward trait that is not available for child to child"...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 September 19, 06:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YOU DON'T. What part of "not available for children" do you not understand?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: