More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:32:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  The Wrath of Pescado?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Wrath of Pescado?  (Read 48497 times)
BooHooBooBoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
The Wrath of Pescado?
« on: 2009 August 04, 01:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one fine, upstanding police officer sim whom I noticed spending a little too much time chatting with the teen babysitter (after his wife went upstairs to bed.)  I thought it might make an interesting storyline to give him the Pedophile trait. 

So today I wanted to play around with the traits to see what would happen.  I created a flirty little teen and gave her the Pedobait trait, and then made a creepy adult Pedophile for a roomie.

They were flirting around -- while she was attempting to cook dinner.  Flames erupted everywhere!  The fire spread through the house while these hysterical sims danced around.  I had them call for firefighters ... over and over and over.  Neighbors showed up, and one even brought a fire extinguisher, and eventually my dancing sims followed my commands and put out the fire.

But, I'm wondering.  Was this purely a coincidence that the fire department never showed up?  Or is this the wrath of Pescado for enabling pedophilia in my game!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The Wrath of Pescado?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 04, 01:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Purely coincidence, I think. If you want to see my wrath, type "Trogdorstrikesagain".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BooHooBooBoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 04, 01:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Purely coincidence, I think. If you want to see my wrath, type "Trogdorstrikesagain".

Uh, OK if I pass on that one?  Undecided
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 04, 01:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't think it was anything Pes added, unless Karma counts.   Wink

JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 04, 03:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You added new traits?

More Awesome Sig
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 04, 04:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You added new traits?

LOL. We wish.

What\'s the use of happiness? It can\'t buy you money.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 04, 04:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, did allow pedophilia - but warned there would be consequenses.  Grin
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 04, 07:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes did add new traits.

Pedophile, Pedobait, Registered Sex Offender, Incontinent (lol), Tealdeer, TealdeerImmune.

I am having fun adding the latter three to some townies.
What exactly does tealdeer do?  I think I misunderstood when it was mentioned by Pescado....

Edit: I think it makes a sim so damned boring that she'll cause people to fall asleep when talking to her and it also makes any books that they write super damned long.  Is that correct?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 04, 07:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a schtick trait for Lorelei. Lorelei will automatically receive it in-game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 12, 09:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tealdear is funny  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Will there be more traits?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 12, 10:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The presently uploaded edition has Jfade's trait, "Narcolepsy".

Blazey
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 12, 15:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No new traits have shown up in my game  Huh
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 12, 19:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a schtick trait for Lorelei. Lorelei will automatically receive it in-game.

There's something weird; my Lorelei seems fine, while BastDawn has just "bored to death" poor jolrei. Is that it?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 12, 19:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's something weird; my Lorelei seems fine, while BastDawn has just "bored to death" poor jolrei. Is that it?

I'm DEAD?  Due to boredom?
Actually, that sounds about right.

If you updated your Awesomemod after Lorelei was already in your game, would she automagically have the new trait assigned?  I have not checked my game to see how this works yet.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 12, 20:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put in game MATYsims when this feature was already in place, so I think there's something wrong (or maybe I did something wrong, dunno).

Fortunately, you only were asleep, not dead, in the end. You survived long enough to marry (thanks to Indie storymode randomness) Molly Whatshername, one of the two single moms in Sunset Valley. No idea why, the information popped up all of a sudden while I was playing another lot. When I returned to you, you were already father of a girl.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
tms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 12, 23:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes did add new traits.

Pedophile, Pedobait, Registered Sex Offender, Incontinent (lol), Tealdeer, TealdeerImmune.

I am having fun adding the latter three to some townies.
What exactly does tealdeer do?  I think I misunderstood when it was mentioned by Pescado....

Edit: I think it makes a sim so damned boring that she'll cause people to fall asleep when talking to her and it also makes any books that they write super damned long.  Is that correct?

I tried adding the traits to my sims...I got the "Boo" message  Cry
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 12, 23:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried adding the traits to my sims...I got the "Boo" message  Cry

Use capital letters, like this: addtrait Pedobait

or, if you want to remove a trait: droptrait Pedobait

- INTJ -
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 13, 16:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just made a family of weirdness. Eight sims. They all had Pedophile, Continent, Narcolepsy and Tealdeer.

I'm pretty sure the neighbourhood imploded.
Luisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 13, 18:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love awesome mod and have been using it ever since I first found and joined this forum, but since that was quite recent I never knew about these extra traits. Can someone who knows the place better drop me a link (if there is one) to where all the extra features of awesome mod (like these new traits) are explained? It might save me downloading other mods unnecessarily.

And do the above mentioned traits ever get assigned to sims under given circumstances, or can they only be given by Addtrait ?

Thanks Smiley

Any typographical errors in the above post are likely caused by excess alcohol consumption.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 13, 19:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just made a family of weirdness. Eight sims. They all had Pedophile, Continent, Narcolepsy and Tealdeer.
You "made" a family of 8 sims? As in, they ROLLED that? Because those aren't supposed to be rollable. Or did you MAKE it that way?

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 13, 19:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And do the above mentioned traits ever get assigned to sims under given circumstances, or can they only be given by Addtrait ?

Mostly, they are tied to the names of people on this site.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 13, 20:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love awesome mod and have been using it ever since I first found and joined this forum, but since that was quite recent I never knew about these extra traits. Can someone who knows the place better drop me a link (if there is one) to where all the extra features of awesome mod (like these new traits) are explained? It might save me downloading other mods unnecessarily.

Download Awesomemod from the Awesomemod Shiny thread in the Awesomemod section.  Zip file contains the RTFM which should more or less answer your questions.  Also, because of the way TS3 is constructed, there can only be one core mod.  This is why there is Awesomemod and not a set of individual mods.

Tribulatio proxima est
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 13, 21:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You "made" a family of 8 sims? As in, they ROLLED that? Because those aren't supposed to be rollable. Or did you MAKE it that way?

Tssk, don't be silly.
I'm not awesome enough to roll those traits.

I added them in-game through the console.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 13, 21:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got at least 2 born-in-game sims in my neighborhood with the tealdeer trait.  I did not choose the trait for either of them, they just lucked into it on their own. That's the only odd trait I've seen, but I've definitely seen it at least twice. Personally I like it, it's right up there with the night that everyone rode tiny bicycles. . . I wouldn't want the pedophile trait to start turning up randomly though.
IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 13, 21:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got at least 2 born-in-game sims in my neighborhood with the tealdeer trait.  I did not choose the trait for either of them, they just lucked into it on their own. That's the only odd trait I've seen, but I've definitely seen it at least twice. Personally I like it, it's right up there with the night that everyone rode tiny bicycles. . .
Yeah, I've had a couple game-made sims turn up with Tealdeer too.  At first I thought it was a hidden trait because I didn't see it on the trait list in the game.  I guess Tealdeer showing up without being manually-added is a bug?  Is there any way to make it so we can toggle whether we want these traits to be "rollable?"  I have no idea how you implemented these traits so I have no idea whether that would be a monumental undertaking or a simple parameter tweak.

I wouldn't want the pedophile trait to start turning up randomly though.
You're no fun.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: