More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 15:08:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Installation of 1.3 Patch completely fucked up my game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installation of 1.3 Patch completely fucked up my game  (Read 13119 times)
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Installation of 1.3 Patch completely fucked up my game
« on: 2009 July 30, 17:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I waited a few days to install the patch so I could play with awesomemod, and everything went fairly smoothly - until I booted up the game.

This is what happened when I opened one of my saves:

The sim in the UI appears to be from TS2. What? Huh I tried opening the 'Options' menu, but nothing happened after I clicked the button. Opening the Sim/Trait panel reveals only an empty age bar - everything else seems to be have been nullified. Inventories, relationships, lifetime rewards and wants seem to be intact, and I can still switch between sims in the household by pressing the spacebar, but everything else seems to be borked. Hovering over the mood meter displays a blank message (as seen in the screenshot).

I've tried creating a new game, but I get a Flagrant System Error every time I try to enter a household. CAS seems to be functioning as usual.

EDIT:
Solved. I thought I'd replaced the crack with the original ts3.exe, but for one reason or another, I didn't. Odd.

I took out indiestone, cleared caches, etc. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone know what might've caused this?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 03:58:06 by Pyromaniac » Logged
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
Re: Installation of 1.3 Patch completely fucked up my game
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 30, 18:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that UI is certainly the style of TS2. The only thing I can suggest is to un-install your game and install the patch again. Did you remove all your content before patching? I didn't, but everything is going normal so far, so I don't think that's a factor...
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 30, 18:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The exact same thing happened to me.  In fact, that identical female TS2-style Sim appeared in my UI also, while my Sim's wife and three children disappeared from it.  In my case, getting rid of the older version of the no-CD crack .exe file did the trick.  Hopefully it's something like that in your case too.

I still have some bugs happening, but they seem to be because of tight pants.  Research is in progress.  I didn't want to install the patch, but I figured I had no real choice, since I'd get it when the first EP comes out in any case.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 30, 21:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto above. Replace your TS3.exe and TSLhost.dll with the original versions. (I mention the file names because I replaced the exe but forgot about the dll and got major fubars until I remembered).

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Klinn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 30, 21:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While browsing through the image files in FullBuild02, I noticed that Sim-girl portrait along with some of the interface elements. I suppose it uses that as a default image if it can't find the real sim's thumbnail?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 30, 21:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep; that's the portrait of one of the girls in La Fiesta Tech's sorority (the slut one).

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
FlamingoKicker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 30, 21:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes that sim DOES look like Sims 2 ... so much fucking BETTER than they look in Sims 3.  Maybe that's a blessing.
Although is that supposed to be Bob Newbie?  Did he have a sex change? Cheesy
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 30, 22:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to remove the patch? I installed it this morning, and downloaded the updaetd Awesome mod, and now the game crashes when I get to the screen where you click Play to start the game. Or do I have to uninstall and reinstall my saved game that does not have the patch?
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 30, 22:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having the same problem Minonda having just put in the patches after reinstalling. I had script error in and it complains about DasmX86Dll.dll not found.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 30, 23:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having the same problem Minonda having just put in the patches after reinstalling. I had script error in and it complains about DasmX86Dll.dll not found.

Here's what my error message says about the crash:
Exception info]
date: 2009-07-30
time: 18.27.41
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000
address: 0x00ba3b35 "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe":0x0001:0x007a2b35

I checked the BBS and a lot of people seem to be having this problem, but I don't know if they all had mods installed or not. Somebody in the thread about the crashes keeps saying the players' graphics card drivers are out of date. Is a patch so sensitive that it must have the absolutely most up to date drivers?
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 30, 23:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The BBS is shit. Looks like same error message I have also, maybe it is voodoo since I just search on this site and it's just a debug .dll. I have a feeling because I did not attempt to create a new sunset valley when reinstalling and just went directly patch after patch it is irreversibly broken. The afterwards placed framework, packages, saves etc back in seem to have no effect though so I will continue beating it with voodoo for a while.

EDIT: Minonda: Did you also replaced the TS3.exe at any time before this patch?

Got my game to load after fixing the broken options config (load it and save) and removing tight pants as well as voodoo! Weird. :/
« Last Edit: 2009 July 30, 23:38:53 by nanacake » Logged
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 30, 23:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The BBS is shit. Looks like same error message I have also, maybe it is voodoo since I just search on this site and it's just a debug .dll. I have a feeling because I did not attempt to create a new sunset valley when reinstalling and just went directly patch after patch it is irreversibly broken. The afterwards placed framework, packages, saves etc back in seem to have no effect though so I will continue beating it with voodoo for a while.

EDIT: Minonda: Did you also replaced the TS3.exe at any time before this patch?

I know the BBS is shit but I wanted to see if this was related to having the awesome mod or if it was the patch itself. You know more than I do because I don't recall replacing the TS3.exe at all. I have no voodoo to work, I have no idea what to do except uninstall, reinstall, and then install my saved game.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 30, 23:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well trying to get these tight pants off, it seems strange because with my mods folder filled I crash to desktop with click on save load. But something strange is happening with the options menu for me (only shows just for a moment but maybe that's an unrelated problem with the fps limiter, unsure). Try deleting cache files in mydoc~ and removing all package files except for awesomemod and config file. Restarting the computer too and cleaning the registry this is the voodoo I mean.
carpediem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 31, 00:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't patch my game again, but I have exactly the same image ! so , I thinck it's don't come from the patch (excuse me for my bad english ) I am in my game two hacks, indi hack , and an awesome hack that a friend remake for me (I want my sims make a baby by themselves , since it doesn't work in the awesome itsefl, and I cannot make html, and in fact he explain me that he had to touch in the awesome himself for the action working ).
Yesterday, I decide to remake a  new neighboroug, and ...I had this problem ! before, all was working perfectly, the awesome modified and the indi  hack, but now, I had that sim .

So, it cannot be the hack , of course ! but I expect to help you in order to find the problem, because I am too zero in hacking and all that sort of things ! Just, I find this is strange ... Huh
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 01:15:52 by carpediem » Logged
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 31, 00:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fragrant System Error!

Now in Country Ragweed!

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 31, 01:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the BBS is shit but I wanted to see if this was related to having the awesome mod or if it was the patch itself. You know more than I do because I don't recall replacing the TS3.exe at all. I have no voodoo to work, I have no idea what to do except uninstall, reinstall, and then install my saved game.

I shut down the computer, because every time I tried to start the game it was telling me the game was already running. I had uninstalled awesome mod and the config tool and the mod that helps the game start when it crashes just at loading. I started the computer up again, installed the disk and opened the game. It opened up fine, no crash. I went into the family I had been playing to see if things looked normal (i.e., not like Sims 2), then saved and quit.

Then I reinstalled the latest awesome mod and the config tool plus the other one, and again when I get to the screen where you click to play, it crashes.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 31, 03:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try removing the enablescripterror package from your Mods/Packages directory. I had installed it, at one point, and it seemed to fix the crash on loading that I'd experienced, but then I changed something else, and had to remove it. That time, removing it fixed the crashing problem. It's just another form of voodoo, but it's worth a try.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 31, 03:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, everyone. I thought I'd already replaced the cracked TS3.exe with the original, but it turned out I didn't. *facepalm* Everything is in working order now.

Also:
Fragrant System Error!
imgsnip

Now in Country Ragweed!
Heh, my bad. Fixed now.
lekate
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 03, 17:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, everyone. I thought I'd already replaced the cracked TS3.exe with the original, but it turned out I didn't. *facepalm* Everything is in working order now.

I have the exact problem as you did. I've gone through numerous re- and un-installs, but nothing works. If I keep the original .exe, the game tells me that I don't have the CD in (which I don't because it's Razor). When I put the cracked .exe in, I get what your problem was. I'm stuck between two unplayable versions and I'm lost...can you please try to help me or at least tell me what you did to get your problem.

EDIT: Apparently I'm blind. I downloaded a different no-cd crack [that I didn't see before, from GnatGoSplat in "Patch 1.3 released" on page 5] and everything went beautifully. Thanks for posting this, I thought I was alone in the creepy UI department. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 August 03, 17:44:10 by lekate » Logged
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 05, 16:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got this screen on a test game after I went in and messed with SharedFridgeInventory in Neighborhood Workshop.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 10, 16:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And another one bites the dust.

Been having increasing problems every day since the patch until it culminated with the Sims 2 bitch. Game is no longer playable.

reaper
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 20, 22:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe her name is Jessie Pilferson.
Bafu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 21, 09:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After 1.4 patch my game is even more buggy then ever.  Cry

My Sim need food, then swooosh not hungry when I just clock on the Sim.
The menu is gone from time to time.
If I change hair the game later give me random hair.

Not a bug... but why can't the Sims go to the cars anymore? Just stupid, now when they zap inside the cars... why not just give them superpowers to fly....

TS3 is not new, it's going back and it still seem to be in Beta...

Thank god for Piracy!
NyxSixtyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 21, 19:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The exact same sim appeared in my game and I ended up deleting the town. Now, I have sims staying stuck, merged with mailboxex. I'm also getting some weird-assed thing going on where sims can buy furnished houses for free but they get money back if they buy unfurnished houses. And I'm getting strange challenges with about every third time I move a sim into a house. Either the house has been vandalized by squatters or hit by a meteor, do they want the challenge of moving in with it as is or do they want to move into the house normally? What the $@#$# is going on?
platinapina
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 23, 18:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem with 1.4. My game is completely unplayable. The sims are standing around doing idle animations, or they're stuck to the mailbox (some are stuck in midair). They have no traits (but I can see them in editsim), their moods are maxed out. I get an alert that the carpool is coming, but is never comes. When I have awesomemod in, this error message pops up every few seconds:

And this is what I see in buy mode:

CTD when I try to switch to live mode.  Angry I guess I was stupid thinking the patch is supposed to fix things.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: