More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 13:57:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.3 Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.3 Released  (Read 105841 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.3 Released
« Reply #100 on: 2009 July 30, 15:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh if you patch to 1.3 then restore an old 1.27 no cd cracked version of the exe you are reverting to an old exe file and thus defeating the purpose of the patch.

You're still running 1.27 so there's no point in even bothering going through the trouble unless you care about the few other minor things EA updated like burying some blurb in the readme that Adaptive Antialiasing doesn't work well with this game on ATI cards.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 July 30, 16:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you need a no cd crack .exe in the first place? Awesomemod takes care of that for you.

What\'s the use of happiness? It can\'t buy you money.
Xantham
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 July 30, 17:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite our general love for all things awesome, some of us do not run Awesome-Mod everytime due to conflicts.

Therefore when AM is not up and running, we need a no-cd crack.

What would be great is if Pescado was able to make a stand-alone no-cd for 1.3
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 July 30, 19:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever else the damn patch does it also caused the mac to kernel panic, crash and need a reboot.

JM is right about the launcher, the thing sucks.

Orlando
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 July 30, 20:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh if you patch to 1.3 then restore an old 1.27 no cd cracked version of the exe you are reverting to an old exe file and thus defeating the purpose of the patch.

You're still running 1.27 so there's no point in even bothering going through the trouble unless you care about the few other minor things EA updated like burying some blurb in the readme that Adaptive Antialiasing doesn't work well with this game on ATI cards.  Roll Eyes
I was perusing  the thread and this jostled my curiosity. I installed 1.3 no problem, and I still run from the TS3.exe that came with the game .iso (razor release)
So if I am using the 1.27 TS3.exe after the 1.3 patch, I'm not running the latest version but rather 1.27? I don't see how that works since its running fine with the newest awesome mod build.
Will it make a diff if I just pull the file out now? How is it defeating the purpose of the patch?
InPinkClover
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 July 30, 21:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, all.  I attempted to install this patch last night, and was unsuccessful, as I had forgotten that I overwrote the original "VideoCamera.ini" file. 

Ahhhh, finally the solution to my problem, thanks!
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 July 30, 21:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I give up.  After reinstalling my game 3 times trying to get the damn thing patched AND working, I still have fail.  This last time, I thought it was working, until 2 minutes into gameplay, my new character froze.  Everything around her worked, but she was a statue, and so were her stats.  So I reset her, try again with a new task, and she not only freezes, but disappears.

I'm reinstalling vanilla again, patching to 1.2.7, and then calling it for now.  It was working just fine with the glitches.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 July 30, 22:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever else the damn patch does it also caused the mac to kernel panic, crash and need a reboot.

I've not experienced any crashing on my macbook (yet), but what is your gameplay like?

After installing the patch onto my mac, the game lags and freezes like crazy, even with all the settings changed to low. It now freezes for 2-3 seconds everytime I scroll or zoom, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the supposed "fix" for the shadows listed in the description.

I sing along with elevator music.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 July 30, 23:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game won't patch. I tried several times, and I can't figure out why it's not working. The first patch didn't give me any problems. The first time I tried I got "Update Error: Invalid File Found" but it didn't tell me which file was invalid. The next time I tried, I got "The Sims 3 Update cannot continue because programs associated with The Sims 3 are currently running. Please stop these applications before attempting to update The Sims 3." At that time, all I had running was the launcher. I really can't figure out what's wrong. I haven't changed anything with any of the files. And I only have a few downloads, mainly AM and a few clothing, hair, patterns, and default skintones. I tried removing my Mods folder and trying to patch, but it still failed. Is there anything I'm missing that I should try?
DentedLemons
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 July 31, 00:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I've had no problems installing the patch, but after playing an hour or so this evening, I'm WISHING I hadn't installed Sad

My sim has become extremely ... slow?  Undecided  In between every single action she does, she stops and stands still for several sim minutes. Poor thing was starving by the time she got dinner made. Go to fridge .. stand still for a few minutes.. open fridge .. stand still for a few minutes.. get ingredients .. stand still for a few minutes .. walk to food processor .. stand still.. And it's not that the game is lagging, the minutes on the clock are moving along normally and animations like the stereo and water spouting out of the broken shower are perfectly smooth.
 Huh Huh
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 July 31, 02:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ShortyBoo: Mods are no problem (like Pes already stated, those are new folders that are not involved in the patch process).
To find out where the patch process choked, you'll have to find the most recent file rtpatch.log on your drive, open it with any editor and scroll down to the last line. The exact location of said file depends on your OS and your login account.

Typical candidates for easily overlooked, altered files would be:
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini\VideoCamera.ini" (better camera mod).
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Shaders_Win32.precomp" (the old censor remover ).
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe" (No CD Patch).
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TSLHost.dll" (also delivered with some no-CD patch).

The Launcher must be closed during patching since it might or might not be altered by the patch and  the OS usually denies the modification of files in use through patches.

-le
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 July 31, 02:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran the patch and it worked perfectly, even with all mods installed, because I live dangerously like that. Without running the game, I installed new awesome mod update, deleted scriptscache, then ran the game and it's still alive.

So, here's a helpful new voodoo spell: delete the scriptscache.

(Bare in mind I have a Reloaded-to-Razor that I had to fix way back with the first patch. So Reloaded/Razor users should probably look into that.)
SimsSandra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 July 31, 03:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I've had no problems installing the patch, but after playing an hour or so this evening, I'm WISHING I hadn't installed Sad

My sim has become extremely ... slow?  Undecided  In between every single action she does, she stops and stands still for several sim minutes. Poor thing was starving by the time she got dinner made. Go to fridge .. stand still for a few minutes.. open fridge .. stand still for a few minutes.. get ingredients .. stand still for a few minutes .. walk to food processor .. stand still.. And it's not that the game is lagging, the minutes on the clock are moving along normally and animations like the stereo and water spouting out of the broken shower are perfectly smooth.
 Huh Huh

I am having the same problem -- takes the Sims like 2 hrs to get supper done... plus I cannot just click on the bed to have them go to bed -- they just stand around as if they are blocked by something... I have to get them to go to the stairs, then up the stairs, then to the bedroom door, then through the door and then to bed....  The arrival of the schoolbus/carpool cannot get them to go to it... they stay lost in the house or yard... I have to direct them step by step to the bus/car....
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 July 31, 05:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for these links, but for some reason they won't work with the direct download version (yeah, I know, I bought it ugh). There is bitching and moaning at the bbs about the direct download version needed a different patch that is not available yet. Do you know any workarounds or do you think I'm stuck waiting for EAxis to fix the latest fail?
NorthernStar
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 July 31, 09:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can't actually get the patch to install - when I try and do it from the launcher, just clicking on "Update Now" causes the game to shut itself down every time. When I downloaded the patch from here to try that instead, I get this error message, even after restarting the computer:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/TruBellezzan/sims3patcherror.jpg

Actually, I can't get it to uninstall either - the same error pops up. Any ideas about what is causing it? My brother said that it's some kind of corrupted file and then waltzed off leaving me not much clearer.

LuciaSama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 July 31, 13:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can't actually get the patch to install - when I try and do it from the launcher, just clicking on "Update Now" causes the game to shut itself down every time. When I downloaded the patch from here to try that instead, I get this error message, even after restarting the computer:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/TruBellezzan/sims3patcherror.jpg

Actually, I can't get it to uninstall either - the same error pops up. Any ideas about what is causing it? My brother said that it's some kind of corrupted file and then waltzed off leaving me not much clearer.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16106.msg464736.html#msg464736
Zamboni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 July 31, 14:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a censor remover for 1.3? A standalone version?
LuciaSama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 July 31, 14:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a censor remover for 1.3? A standalone version?

AM will remove the horrid blur if you're using it. There is a standalone version here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343951
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 July 31, 14:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite our general love for all things awesome, some of us do not run Awesome-Mod everytime due to conflicts.

Therefore when AM is not up and running, we need a no-cd crack.

What would be great is if Pescado was able to make a stand-alone no-cd for 1.3

I agree.  It's also useful because although I prefer to use Awesomemod, my wife prefers to run without any mods.  I also prefer having a cracked TS3.exe because if I do remove Awesomemod, I don't need the DVD.
Here is the only NoCD crack I've found so far that claims to be for 1.3.24.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://www.playground.ru/cheats/26201/
I haven't tried it yet.  It comes from a Russian site so be sure to run a virus check on it.
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 July 31, 15:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the only NoCD crack I've found so far that claims to be for 1.3.24

Has anybody tried this yet?  Also, has anybody found a different version that is proven to work?
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 July 31, 15:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do I have to replace the "d3dx9_31.dll" of framework by the original one before patching?

Edit: I tried it out, I do not need to.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 15:54:28 by snabul » Logged
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2009 July 31, 16:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eureka! I kept getting the "File Not Found" error, even though I had put back the original shaders and videocamera files. Then, I remembered that I had removed the default family packages from the library. I copied those back in from the cd, and it updated just fine.

I haven't tried running it yet...  Shocked
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 July 31, 16:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it turned out to be erroring on SkyCommon.ini which is a file I never even heard of, and since I never changed any of my files, I know I didn't do it. I'll grab the original file from the disc and hopefully that will fix it.

Edit: Well, I replaced the SkyCommon.ini with the one from the disc (the files were the same size, the only difference was the date) and the game patched. I still haven't tried playing, but at least I got that out of the way.

When I was looking for the file I had to replace, I noticed that there are config files for different sky states, like stormy, cloudy, etc. which makes me wonder if they started to put weather in, but in the end decided to take it out, just like they did with TS2.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 16:43:03 by ShortyBoo » Logged
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 July 31, 18:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think I've officially fucked my game up with this patch. Are any other mac users having success with this thing? I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but the freezing and lag is still unbearable, and on top of that the most expensive desk is one giant black mess. I tried reinstalling and not updating to the patch, but the game won't run without the first mac patch, which apparently has been rolled into this most recent one since I can't find it anywhere else.

I'd really like to smack whatever idiot(s) at EA did this.

I sing along with elevator music.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 July 31, 18:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the only NoCD crack I've found so far that claims to be for 1.3.24

Has anybody tried this yet?  Also, has anybody found a different version that is proven to work?

I'll let you know in the next 6-8hrs if nobody else tries it.  BTW, Symantec Endpoint says it's clean.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: