More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 20:39:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Flagrant System Error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flagrant System Error  (Read 79077 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Flagrant System Error
« Reply #25 on: 2009 October 02, 07:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If downloading a new AwesomeMod doesn't fix it, then you have an older version lurking in your mods directory that is overriding it. Get rid of it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
loxotic
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 October 02, 07:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If downloading a new AwesomeMod doesn't fix it, then you have an older version lurking in your mods directory that is overriding it. Get rid of it.

I found an old one that I put into 'Patterns' instead of 'Hacks' for some reason, causing me to have two. Deleted and now it works fine. Thank you very much!
Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 October 02, 14:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just got a new FSE with the build I updated with this morning, happened right after the Grim Reaper was done collecting my Sims soul and he decided to stay.

edited to add: restarting the game did not help get rid of this FSE it just kept popping up every few seconds so I had to revert back to an old save, so far it has not happened again.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 02, 19:41:16 by Naples » Logged

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
playintheleaves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 October 07, 23:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also just got Flagrant System Error.  Not sure what is going on, as far as I know nothing of note is in my sim's inventory (no food).  It pops up every few seconds so I can't save. 
playintheleaves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 October 08, 01:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, an update and a little more info:

I quit my last game unsaved because the error came every few seconds.  I restarted, emptied my sims' inventories of -everything,- and moved them to a new house, just to be sure.  I had the same error, at the exact same -time-.  11:03 PM, sim time.  One of my sims naturally aged up around 9 PM from YA to Adult.  That is the most recent significant event that occured before the freeze (although the first time, a toddler learned to walk in there too).  The sims in the house aren't doing anything other than watching TV, sleeping, or using the toilet.  I have no idea what's going on.

Awesomemod is the only mod I have installed.  
I haven't downloaded any new custom content for at least a month.  

Edit:  I managed to get passed the 11 o'clock flagrant error by fast forwarding, and managed to get through a couple days like this (and saving every other minute or so).  However, I forgot to do it on a different day, and the error still occurred in the 11 o'clock hour, and enter/clicking the okay button would not clear it, it would just pop up over and over.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 08, 22:18:27 by playintheleaves » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 October 09, 11:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried a new game? 

See if your older saved game has become screwed, which can, and does happen.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 October 09, 13:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That error seems to be a bug in a deep check tree. Unfortunately, this is not specifically part of AwesomeMod, and in a default game, would result in an uncontrolled and silent chain hiccup. You can try using "resetallwants" to try to cleanup the want table, that may help, but otherwise it seems something has become unravelled in your neighborhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 December 01, 00:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try redownloading the current version of AM.  I got a nasty case of FSE which looks siilar to yours.  Pescado got it fixed and reposted a new AM.  Don't always rely on the official download site for details about new update.  Pes only posts there when significant changes or fixes are applied to AM.  It can actually be updated several times a day.

If it has been a few days since you downloaded, then the problem is possibly fixed.  But if you are using the current version, then ignore.

Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 December 13, 02:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a Flagrant System Error, when I was trying to use the Tomb Raider setting on Supreme Commander. A screenshot of the message is here.
shadogate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 January 03, 05:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new Flagrant System Error that I haven't seen anybody answer or even report to. When I start my game up, it says that my version of Awesomemod has expired as of 22 hundred hours and I need a new version of awesomemod to continue using it. Then it shuts my Sims 3 down. Common sense says I need a new awesome mod, but reinstalling the zip didn't do anything. Do I need to refresh my aweconfig? Sorry if this has already been explained or gone over, but I couldn't find anything easily that mentioned this sort of thing. What should I do?

i am having this same error, and have checked all my mods, but i did not find another copy of it. idk what to do. plz help
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 January 03, 05:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new Flagrant System Error that I haven't seen anybody answer or even report to. When I start my game up, it says that my version of Awesomemod has expired as of 22 hundred hours and I need a new version of awesomemod to continue using it. Then it shuts my Sims 3 down. Common sense says I need a new awesome mod, but reinstalling the zip didn't do anything. Do I need to refresh my aweconfig? Sorry if this has already been explained or gone over, but I couldn't find anything easily that mentioned this sort of thing. What should I do?

i am having this same error, and have checked all my mods, but i did not find another copy of it. idk what to do. plz help
Is/are your game(s) fully updated?  For base game only, this means to 1.8 and for WA this means to 2.3.  If not, AwesomeMod will be incompatible as Pescado is not maintaining two versions anymore. 

If you are fully patched, then you may have an old copy of AwesomeMod lurking somewhere in your folders.  You will need to perform a search to ensure that is not the case.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
shadogate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 January 03, 05:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is/are your game(s) fully updated?  For base game only, this means to 1.8 and for WA this means to 2.3.  If not, AwesomeMod will be incompatible as Pescado is not maintaining two versions anymore.  

If you are fully patched, then you may have an old copy of AwesomeMod lurking somewhere in your folders.  You will need to perform a search to ensure that is not the case.

yes my game is fully updated and running WA

also i took out awesome mod and ran the game, it worked, downloaded awesome mod again and it still didnt work

yea i have searched for another awesome mod in the EA folder, but again only one =\
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 January 03, 06:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, my game is fully updated and running WA.

I also took out awesome mod out and ran the game. It worked, so I re-downloaded awesome mod and it still didnt work but now it doesn't work again.

yeaYes, I have searched for another awesome mod in the EA folder, but again there is only one. =\

Have you dumped the cache files as well? How about tried running a clean neighborhood?
« Last Edit: 2010 January 03, 18:16:16 by Silent Dreamer » Logged

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 January 03, 15:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try clearing your browser cache files, not just the game ones.  It could be, as many people have found out, your browser may be giving you an older cached version of AM rather than downloading a new version.

shadogate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 January 03, 17:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have deleted the CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, and simCompositorCache.

it still does not work

i also do not have the WorldCache folder in the sims 3 folder in my documents
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 January 03, 18:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have deleted the CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, and simCompositorCache files.

It still does not work.

I also do not have the WorldCache folder in the "The Sims 3" folder in "my documents."

Apparently fixing your grammar the first time wasn't a proper hint. So here's your final kick in the ass. Additionally, did you follow wizard_merlin's suggestion to dump your browser cache files and re-download AwesomeMod properly?

shadogate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 January 03, 21:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have tried deleting the browser cache files and re-downloading awesome mod, but still nothing. =\
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 January 03, 21:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you deleting the file or overwriting it when you download a clean one? Have you tried restarting your computer?

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 January 03, 21:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*headdesks*

Why the hell were you wasting our time if you didn't try running the game with Awesomemod alone first to verify it really was an Awesomemod issue? Jesus fuck.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 January 03, 21:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*headdesks*

Why the hell were you wasting our time if you didn't try running the game with Awesomemod alone first to verify it really was an Awesomemod issue? Jesus fuck.

Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 January 03, 22:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*headdesks*

Grin

Someday I'll learn.

Bijou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 January 04, 06:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read through all of these posts, and I plan on testing every fix offered.  I was wondering though:  is it at all possible that the Flagrant System Error can be caused by CC other than mods & hacks?  I have been experiencing the "blue lot syndrome" ever since patching to 1.8 and I have had nothing but problems ever since.  I have started to sift through all of my custom content and have begun sending each piece through Delphy's Blue Lot Object Fixer, but I still have a long way to go (about 2,000 more files done one-by-one).  

Is it possible that the FSE can be resolved after I fix all of my custom content?  Has anyone experienced that?  I have removed all other mods except for AM and the error persists (and I made SURE that I have no other versions of AM anywhere on this computer).

Thanks for all the helpful advice in this thread.  I'm hoping something will work short of having to reinstall this damned thing.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 January 04, 06:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particular error could only happen as a result of a corrupted neighborhood file, so something has gone terminally pear-shaped in your game.

Bijou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 January 04, 06:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particular error could only happen as a result of a corrupted neighborhood file, so something has gone terminally pear-shaped in your game.

Ouch...not good to hear.  Undecided  Are we talking "kiss your sweet ass goodbye" terminal or "miracles do happen" terminal?

And thanks for replying so quickly, Pes.
lovebird
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 January 21, 21:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one of these too. I tried to get my sim to walk from her house at 99 Landgraab to the diner. First, she snapped back to the middle of her lot. When I tried making her walk again, I got this error. Then I bought her a bike (sadly, since this girl is for the Questionable Morals Challenge) and tried again with the same error message (it looked about the same at least, it's a pretty long message).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: