More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:40:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Problem with Awesome and Indie
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with Awesome and Indie  (Read 20356 times)
fork
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Problem with Awesome and Indie
« on: 2009 July 23, 00:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both Awesome and Indie.  Before I installed Awesome Indie was working fine but now that I have both (I removed Indie core) only Awesome seems to work.  Indie is still there ex I can tweak and change my traits and stuff but I don't get any notification of any kind.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
Re: Problem with Awesome and Indie
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 23, 00:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem at first.  Try reinstalling both mods and the aweconfig file.
fork
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 23, 00:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOoooh ok. But I'm not using framework or install helper i'm just extracting it into the folder myself.  Do you really need the aweconfig? It goes into the same packaged folder right?

I've already modified the fundinit rules to initialize them with more funds to simulate their pre-moving-to-your-neighborhood existences, so that older sims and larger households receive a larger chunk of starting funds, making it more likely they can afford an appropriate home, but THERE WILL BE NO HANDOUTS. Additional tweaks when I rewrite storymode will make it so the spawned sims will have a composition that better fits the neighborhood they are being spawned into...but again, I will never, ever, ever, give anyone a handout, as this is against my religion. I am taking an opposite approach to how EA and IndieMod are implementing story mode, however. Instead of the "Story" being driven by a heavy-handed top-down autobalancer that attempts to force the story to conform to a prebuilt image, I am writing it as a "ground-up" motivator, where sims function as active actors that CAUSE events to happen, rather than passive victims upon whom events are inflicted. The EAxis Progressor, for instance, arbitrarily decides a number of random events, then picks similarly random victims upon which to inflict them. Of course, this provides no sense of direction because the sims themselves are not steering their fates in any way, they are simply passive victims of an uncaring random toad machine. IndieMod takes a somewhat more advanced approach, in that it attempts to pay somewhat more attention to their traits, but ultimately is still a top-down driven model in which a dictatorial machine forces the sims and neighborhood to conform to a preordained average composition. IndieMod leans heavily towards the "Story" part of Story Progression, so will very visibly create a sense of STORY, if by "story", you mean "something you can be notified about in a dialog box". It also does a much better job, apparently, in maintaining viable neighborhoods over the long term, presumably because it is essentially a top-down driven balancer, cramming characters into predefined "stock roles" like "town bully", "slut", etc. The prototype driver for AwesomeMod, however, will not incorporate any such driving mechanisms, nor will it include a colorful and verbose headline generator: We focus on the "Progression" aspect, where sims progress according to their goals as determined by their wants and personalities, aimed at "show, don't tell" style where possible (for obvious reasons, this is not always possible simply because giving sims micro-directions is massively computationally intensive), but superfluous "random toadings" are to be avoided. A side effect of this is that I need more test victims, because without a top-down driven balancing system, there is no guarantee the results will be "stable": Your neighborhood could explode into overcrowdedness, or it could die off as a ghost town...and this will all occur likely because of the conditions you build.

according to that does that mean the text won't be displayed for us to see?
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 23, 00:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to either enable story mode notifications via the aweconfig file a la Awesomemod, or you have to enable notifications once you are in the game via the phone a la Indie Stone, or they won't show up.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
fork
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 23, 00:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh I see the informed box disabled.  Thanks that might solve it I'm going to run it now.  I thought those popup would be controled by Indie so I didn't check  Embarrassed
fork
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 23, 00:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sigh nvvvm.

showconfig shows me that inform is on.  Indie story driver is being used. indie has the box checked for notification of neighborhoods. I don't know what I'm doing wrong  Angry Aside from all of this, even though the notifications aren't popping I can't tell if the functions are working are not  Angry
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 23, 00:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOoooh ok. But I'm not using framework or install helper i'm just extracting it into the folder myself.  Do you really need the aweconfig? It goes into the same packaged folder right?

fork, RTFM and use search next time. Also read the FAQ for this forum before you get torn a new one (and this is me being soft with you because I am exhausted of negligent posters). The run on wall of text is painful -There has been way too many new threads being made when there is already extensive information in the questions thread!
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 23, 01:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sigh nvvvm.

showconfig shows me that inform is on.  Indie story driver is being used. indie has the box checked for notification of neighborhoods. I don't know what I'm doing wrong  Angry Aside from all of this, even though the notifications aren't popping I can't tell if the functions are working are not  Angry

I had a problem with ISM not running story events, even after I turned it up to "silly fast".  A restart fixed it.  Don't know why, but it was suggested on the MTS forums so I tried it and it worked.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
fork
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 23, 01:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I messed with the setconfig turning it off/on notification off/on. I turned it up on silly fast and it started appearing.  I restarted and its the same.  I have been searching for the answers on forum the methods doesn't apply to my situation some reason = (
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 23, 01:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to either enable story mode notifications via the aweconfig file a la Awesomemod, or you have to enable notifications once you are in the game via the phone a la Indie Stone, or they won't show up.
AwesomeMod's Story Mode notifications do not impact Indie Stone at all. Nothing in Aweconfig has any effect on IndieStone, which is an independent third-party module that uses its own rules.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 23, 01:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod's Story Mode notifications do not impact Indie Stone at all. Nothing in Aweconfig has any effect on IndieStone, which is an independent third-party module that uses its own rules.

This is why I used the word "or". It seems that doing one or the other of these things should suffice, but that doing both would be redundant.

ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 23, 02:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem, and it went away after I installed the latest aweconfig, no idea if this is voodoo or makes sense.  The interaction with the phone and ISM is a little awkward, but it has worked ok for me. 

Apparently uses a little more cpu power with both installed, because as soon as I had them installed I started to get freeze-ups with cpu at 100%, but I lowered the graphics settings a bit and it stopped. 
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 23, 09:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why I used the word "or". It seems that doing one or the other of these things should suffice, but that doing both would be redundant.

Only one suffices - using the ISM settings in-game.  Nothing you set in AwesomeMod will affect ISM's notifications (or any other aspect of ISM's configuration).  So, doing both would not be redundant, and doing the wrong one(setting it in aweconfig) would not suffice.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 23, 11:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The combination Awesome/Indie Mods are working fine for me. Just one problem is making itself everytime more annoying: all sims visiting downtown now seems to be very hungry or very sleepy. They keep on pointing their mouth with a hunger baloon or sleepy baloon. It seems that somewhere the mod combination is draining visitors motives.
I'm not playing any strategy in particular, just trying to influence the life of all inhabitants thru only one household. It has been very funny, but this motive drain is disturbing.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 23, 13:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The combination Awesome/Indie Mods are working fine for me. Just one problem is making itself everytime more annoying: all sims visiting downtown now seems to be very hungry or very sleepy. They keep on pointing their mouth with a hunger baloon or sleepy baloon. It seems that somewhere the mod combination is draining visitors motives.
I'm not playing any strategy in particular, just trying to influence the life of all inhabitants thru only one household. It has been very funny, but this motive drain is disturbing.

Buy one of your sims a moodlet manager and go around curing everyone you see. You'll have a town of wide-awake and happy sims to play with. Silly workaround, I know, but I've been having fun doing that for a day or two. It will get old, soon, I'm sure.
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 23, 15:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted about this same exact problem in the thread dedicated to the AM and ISM combo-deal, which is where you should have looked first for answers.
After making changes that, arguably, weren't real changes at all, the notifications came on.
If reinstalling doesn't work, just give it more time. Even on silly fast things are progressing fairly slowly in my game.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 23, 17:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy one of your sims a moodlet manager and go around curing everyone you see. You'll have a town of wide-awake and happy sims to play with. Silly workaround, I know, but I've been having fun doing that for a day or two. It will get old, soon, I'm sure.

Honestly, I think this is a sign your neighborhood is hosed and it's time to move on to greener pastures. I started a thread about this stand around and whine about motives nonsense. Fixing their moods is a temporary band aid that does not solve the problem. Restting the sims does not solve the problem. Nothing I have found does. When your neighborhood gets the this level you might as well stick a fork in it because it's done.

I ended up moving out the one main family I play to a new neighborhood and so far so good.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
fork
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 23, 17:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did look...  Sad which was why I did some of the other things posted in the other threads.

Sometimes it loads.  Sometimes in 3 sim day I get one notification. most of the time its dead.
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 23, 18:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have no other hacks and have followed the installation instructions properly, it should work. Although, it clearly doesn't, which leads me to believe you've done something wrong when installing. Did you try reinstalling as earlier posters suggested?

Have you deleted your .cache files? That may or may not help, but there's no reason not to try it.
Bababorg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 23, 20:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing both awsomemod and indie one of my elders have decided going back to school. I have tried both mods seperatly before that and as far as my knowledge goes she did it after i installed both.  If this has been adressed before just ignore my post and i will read trough all the other ones as soon as my headace goes away.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 23, 21:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing both awsomemod and indie one of my elders have decided going back to school. I have tried both mods seperatly before that and as far as my knowledge goes she did it after i installed both.  If this has been adressed before just ignore my post and i will read trough all the other ones as soon as my headace goes away.

Do you mean your elder is going to "school" where children go?  That's a new one for me...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 23, 21:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean your elder is going to "school" where children go?  That's a new one for me...

I think that's kind of a cool bug actually. I want that bug.  Cheesy

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bababorg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 23, 21:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's kind of a cool bug actually. I want that bug.  Cheesy

Its not realy a problem I just don`t hope the social worker comers for her because she is failing.
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 24, 05:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't the police come and toss you in jail for "loitering on school grounds", with AM installed now?

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 24, 05:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only one suffices - using the ISM settings in-game.  Nothing you set in AwesomeMod will affect ISM's notifications (or any other aspect of ISM's configuration).  So, doing both would not be redundant, and doing the wrong one(setting it in aweconfig) would not suffice.

I really need to stop frequenting (and posting in) forums before I've caffeinated myself. Thanks for clearing that up.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: