More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:53:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  CAS Sliders
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CAS Sliders  (Read 5759 times)
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
CAS Sliders
« on: 2009 July 21, 09:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone as pissed off as I am about the lack of vital CAS sliders.  For example, where is the slider that elongates the eyes?  Yes, you can make them bigger and you can fiddle around with the lower and upper eyelids which makes them squinty, but to make a truly almond-shaped eye on a Sim is a challenge.

Another thing, you can't use just one slider to make the face longer (like you could in Bodyshop), you have to fiddle around with the chin length and the move the mouth up and down, blah, blah.

Where is the slider which moves the ears up and down and the one that makes the eyebrows thinner or thicker?  What were EA thinking leaving these out?

The cheekbones - it is virtually impossible for your Sim NOT to have cheekbones. In bodyshop you could reduce the size of the cheekbones, now your only choice is size and shape.

If it hadn't been for Awesomemod, there would have been severely limiting ranges of the sliders, so thank you Pescado.

If there is something I am missing and these sliders actually exist, please enlighten me
« Last Edit: 2009 July 21, 13:04:24 by Audrey » Logged
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: CAS Sliders
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 21, 12:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was surprised there was no slider to make the eyebrows thinner/thicker or more eye sliders. It does feel like it's missing a lot from what we had in BodyShop.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 21, 13:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you get above the nose, TS3 CAS is categorically insuperior to TS2.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 21, 14:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought there is a face length slider? It works the same as in TS2 too, moves all the facial features (except ears) up and down.  As for the eyes, I think it is superior to that one in TS2, what kind of almond shape are you trying but failed to create?  There are so many more eye sliders than in TS2, did you try the ones under the outer eye corner tab?  To me, the only things that are really missing out are the eyebrows, chins and the cheek.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 21, 15:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought there is a face length slider? It works the same as in TS2 too, moves all the facial features (except ears) up and down.  As for the eyes, I think it is superior to that one in TS2, what kind of almond shape are you trying but failed to create?  There are so many more eye sliders than in TS2, did you try the ones under the outer eye corner tab?  To me, the only things that are really missing out are the eyebrows, chins and the cheek.

The first slider you are talking about only moves the facial features up and down and it does not elongate the face.  Yes, there are more sliders and I have really experimented a lot with all the eye tabs and there is not one to stretch the eye lengthwise. 
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 21, 22:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first slider you are talking about only moves the facial features up and down and it does not elongate the face.  Yes, there are more sliders and I have really experimented a lot with all the eye tabs and there is not one to stretch the eye lengthwise. 

Are you trying to make an alien? If not, the length is more or less right, to make the appearance of an elongated face, make the head narrower, or move the eyes up, or ask her how she did that.  To stretch eyes, you scale the eye up, then edit the eye lits so that they get closer.  Doing it this way also result in less distortion than TS2's eye stretcher.
SolaceDevotio
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 21, 23:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am glad you can't change face lengths.  There were some truly hideous spawn in TS2 due to parental face length differences with facial parts far too close to each other.  *shudder*
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 22, 00:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To make wider eyes, increase the scale of the eyes (make them bigger), then lower the upper lid and raise the lower lid.  If you raise the lower lid too much, they will look like they are tense and glaring, so go easy with that. 

Another way to do it is to raise the "eyelids," which is a different slider at the bottom.  Then lower the upper eyelid down. 

It's still not as good as TS2 Body Shop, but it will have to do.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 23, 07:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Doc and Heine, I have tried all those eyelid raising, lowering tricks, but my sims just end up looking squinty.  Yes, that is what I want an eye stretcher.  Then my sims don't look like they are looking into the sun and it is much less fiddly than playing around with the upper and lower eyelids.

I just want an eye that starts small in the corners, then expands gradually to accommodate the pupil and then tapers off to the outer eyelid again.  So many of the celebrity Sims have eyes like that.  I wish I could show you a picture, but I am not sure how to get the image into my post.

Anyway thanks for your help, the slider doesn't exist and I'll have to make do.

Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 23, 10:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a fun exercise:

I had something like this in mind when I see your description.  This is stretched to the max with 2X slider, I use HP's eye replacement.  Also, I found a way to change face length as well (sorry Solace).  It's jaw height.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: