More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:48:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything  (Read 96619 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything
« Reply #125 on: 2009 July 24, 18:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have downloaded (and used) one or two Peggy hairs, though sometimes I'll download and then discover that it doesn't look as good in-game.  I haven't encountered anything like what Dragon Slave posted, but I don't download most of her stuff anyway.  I've gotten much better results from XMS, and raon, and even rose.  Plus, every time I download a Peggy hair I have to spend ten minutes rebinning everything with Wardrobe Wrangler.

Ugh I forgot about that. She never binned her shit. Ever. Even well after it was discovered how to do it and there were tools available.

And yeah that's another thing, I binned my damned TS2 hair, unlike Peggy.

Lucky for her, she doesn't have to worry about that in this game so her laziness won't cause a problem, at least in that regard.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 July 24, 22:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy has been binning for a while, she's just colorblind.  Some advice for binners -  look for the ones called "coffee".  That's the brown that always ends up in the black bin.

It's funny because people tried to pull that shit in the Elder Scrolls community swiping Poser hairs and converting them and they got called on it in a minute and ripped a new one. In this community if you do it you become a "featured artist".

Ever go to a 3D model site like Turbosquid? You'll see how many Sims 2 creators actually aren't.    

It's not a big deal, they just want their Sims to look good,

If all you're doing is making clothes and taking pictures, it's no big deal.  A lot of creators don't play the game themselves, they just make things for it... which is fine... but it helps if they remember that people who download their stuff, especially those who pay for it, might want to play as well as use.  That's when the impracticalities become an issue.  Need I bring up Chaz and his celebrity face photoshopped skintones?  Who wants makeup tattooed on the face, or a skintone that only effects one lifestage?  

And it's easy to criticize, but try to make you own hair and share it, then we'll se.

I know how much effort it takes to close gaps.  It's as simple as grabbing the faces and pulling them over the hole.

Why would any normal person want hair with gaps, that is stiff and unmoving, and looks even more unnatural than EA's selection?

People are desperate for variety.  I remember all the bullcrap I downloaded when cc for TS2 was still in infancy.  It saw it's out of my download folder as soon as better things began coming out, but the cleanup was tedious, and I'd rather not have to do it again. >_>
« Last Edit: 2009 July 24, 23:13:33 by Dragon Slave » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 July 24, 22:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also try being patient. I just wait till the good stuff starts arriving. Hell, at this point, the game is still being fixed, why would I be too worried about pixel wigs and clothes? I do download the odd thing - tedw removing the weird pineapple spray behind a style, that sort of thing.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 July 24, 23:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also try being patient. I just wait till the good stuff starts arriving. Hell, at this point, the game is still being fixed, why would I be too worried about pixel wigs and clothes? I do download the odd thing - tedw removing the weird pineapple spray behind a style, that sort of thing.

Yeah, I've gone back to TS2 until things settle down with TS3.  It's not fun having to be reminded at every turn how much this game fails in the wake of it's own potential.  Every now and then I get the urge to switch CD's and play, but then I remember something that irked me the last time and the urge goes away.  I keep checking the progress with mods and content however, downloading things for when I do start to play again.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 July 25, 01:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People are desperate for variety.  I remember all the bullcrap I downloaded when cc for TS2 was still in infancy.  It saw it's out of my download folder as soon as better things began coming out, but the cleanup was tedious, and I'd rather not have to do it again. >_>

Meh I am a download whore but I know the day is coming when there's enough quality stuff out there that I can actually be selective and still have variety. Then I will have to do some spring (or more like fall/winter) cleaning and clear a lot of it out. Or I can just do what I did with TS2 and throw it all the hell out and start from scratch just getting quality things that I like.

I know a lot of people hate the installer and refuse to use but to me I like it. I like that I can tell what is custom content and what isn't and that I can look at it in the CAS or the design tool and delete it on the spot if I don't like it.

Installing stuff the MTS2 in a package format via Delphy's installer is annoying. I downloaded a ton of patterns from MTS2 and I'll be honest, I have no flipping clue which are EA and which are modder created. I can go to the directory folder and delete those package files but that doesn't really help me because I can't see them to tell which ones they are.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 July 25, 03:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same problem here about the patterns. I share lots, and don't know where I got them, or if they are EA's. Wish there was a way to tag them.

About Peggy's hairfail, I love them! Only until Dach at Sims Cave or the members of GOS get their hands on them and fix them, re-texure, and make them FTW! Much better than even Peggy could imagine.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 July 25, 03:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay see this is the kind of thing good creators do who are conscientious about their work do. (And yeah, yeah, I know it's in the den of evil Tongue)

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-female/title/Simple%20Female%20Child%20Hair%20/id/897790/

Quote from: cemre
The file is updated, There were 2 tiny round holes on the hair mesh, one on each side of the head, The meshed fixed. Thanks to Mimi1000 for the feedback, please uninstall the old one, use this one instead

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 July 25, 04:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that and was so appreciative that Cemre made revisions. I wonder why her creations are free, they are the better ones. I didn't pay attention to whether she was FA.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 July 25, 04:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that and was so appreciative that Cemre made revisions. I wonder why her creations are free, they are the better ones. I didn't pay attention to whether she was FA.

SSSSHHHH!

TSR spies may be lurking here and realize the error of their ways. Wink

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 July 25, 05:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do download the odd thing - tedw removing the weird pineapple spray behind a style, that sort of thing.

I missed the link to that one. Is it somewhere here on MATY?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 July 25, 05:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do download the odd thing - tedw removing the weird pineapple spray behind a style, that sort of thing.

I missed the link to that one. Is it somewhere here on MATY?

It's kind of buried.

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 July 26, 19:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just saw that Rose updated with a new non replacement hair (and free!).  I like her attitude about the whole thing - 

Thanks ever so much for WesHome's,Delphy's and Peter's useful tools,and HystericalParoxysm's !We finally have our custom hairs for Sims3,not replacement.

Just shows how much of a spotlight whore Peggy really is Roll Eyes
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 July 26, 20:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes but note the files names ...

rose_free_hair01_female_af.package and rose_free_hair01_female_cf.package

Notice the _free_ and as much I would like to think she is not going down the "donation" route I certainly suspicious.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 July 26, 20:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Notice the _free_ and as much I would like to think she is not going down the "donation" route I certainly suspicious.

Please. Do you even have to wonder? I give her a week tops until she comes out with a 'donation' hair. I am sure all these sites are dying for more donations since TS2 is going the way of the dodo bird for the most part.

Funny thing is, I looked at the image for that new "free" hair on her front page and it said "Rosesims2" on it so for a second I thought it was TS2. Tongue

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 July 26, 22:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please. Do you even have to wonder? I give her a week tops until she comes out with a 'donation' hair. I am sure all these sites are dying for more donations since TS2 is going the way of the dodo bird for the most part.

Oh, I wouldn't doubt for a second.  That's what they always do, make the first few free, then hit with the pay.

But I'm still happy to see at least one notorious pay-creator showing gratitude to those who made it possible for them to make what they did.  Rose always struck me as being more personable than Peggy, based on the few transactions I had with her back in the dark ages before PMBD.   

Funny thing is, I looked at the image for that new "free" hair on her front page and it said "Rosesims2" on it so for a second I thought it was TS2.

Yeah, me too.  I mean, it looks so much like some of her TS2 hairs I didn't even realize it was for TS3 till I read the message at the top. Cheesy
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 July 26, 23:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this photoshop or did Rose convert this to Sims 3? If so, bet it will be up for sale next, once they can figure out how to usurp the public tools that pooh-poohs paywares.

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: 2009 July 26, 23:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be hope talking, but I give Rose another month (after meshing smooths out a little more) before she starts taking "donations" again.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 July 27, 00:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this photoshop or did Rose convert this to Sims 3? If so, bet it will be up for sale next, once they can figure out how to usurp the public tools that pooh-poohs paywares.

Or the fact it HAVE NOTABLE CLIPPING ISSUES AS WE CAN SEE IN THE GOD DAMNED FUCKING IMAGE?

Roll Eyes

STOP MAKE ME TAKE THE FUCKING DEVIL'S ADVOCATE ROLE YOU STUPID FUCKS!!!!
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 July 27, 01:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she is actually respecting the terms on Wes' tool and is waiting to charge until she has a tool that she can use without breaking terms on.  The fact that she acknowledged Wes is making me hopeful.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 2009 July 27, 01:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly so, but I have a feeling that she's just waiting for the tools to be perfected.  I remember that she started out with everything free on her site back when Sims 2 was still sort of new, and I'd imagine that this will be the case with Sims 3 (starting out free for a bit before putting in the "Donations Only" downloads).

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 July 27, 01:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if she does, feel free to rip her a new one but only when she does it ... not before.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 July 27, 23:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SSSSHHHH!

TSR spies may be lurking here and realize the error of their ways. Wink

I admire and respect Cemre's work, the tool she use fails. I put the longer ponytail hair on a little girl that was in the active house I was playing. It worked fine and showed as advertised. When I switched households and the little girl showed on up on a community lot, the hair had reverted back to the original mesh. I just sighed and said to myself, WTF?

I haven't seen that from any of the other custom hairs that doesn't use the tool, so it must be a TSR Workshop failure.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 July 27, 23:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh by the way, I peeked at the Peggy and SAU hairs in Milkshape. Besides the rather high-ish poly counts, which quite frankly I expected, they didn't even bother to make new LOD meshes. They just pasted the same damned high poly one in 4 times over. It seriously takes like like 5 seconds to run a mesh through a filter to reduce the poly count.

Oh and she also has them marked to spawn on new randomly generated townies. So what this means is you could end up with multiple sims running around town with high poly hair that is being rendered even when the camera is very far away from them and you can't make out any detail anyway.

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 July 28, 00:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, but she's an artiste. Her creations have to look "gorgeous" even when you can't see them.  Roll Eyes

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2009 July 28, 00:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That, or she's just a gigantic fuckwit who couldn't be arsed to figure out how to make the mesh properly.  Par for the course, isn't it?

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: