More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:10:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything  (Read 96626 times)
Saikatsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything
« Reply #100 on: 2009 July 23, 00:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At which point she can be sued and all expense incurred for the suite will rest on her bank account as well if she is found guilty - but those are also laws within the borders of the USA and I am not sure exactly how this works with the internet either. It is also my understanding Peggy is not in the USA anyway, so that further complicate matters. Isn't she Chinese or am I mistaken?
A whois on her domain name shows that she is indeed in China, looks like her site is hosted there as well. Even if Wes did have the resources to go after her... yeah, good luck with that one.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 July 23, 00:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A whois on her domain name shows that she is indeed in China, looks like her site is hosted there as well. Even if Wes did have the resources to go after her... yeah, good luck with that one.

Oh really?

I use Flagfox and what I see is 96.31.84.77 and that means:

United States of America ... Tampa, Florida

It seems the host is NOC4Hosts, the website for it seems to be this one:.

http://www.hivelocity.net/

Sure the domain is registered in China but it seems PeggyZone is actually using a USA host.

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 July 23, 00:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no need to clarify the slander, for Peggy is the first artist that created genuine independent custom content successfully.

*gives gold star sticker*

Now to sit back and wait for the artists that actually care about the quality of their work to start turning things out.  

« Last Edit: 2009 July 23, 01:01:52 by Dragon Slave » Logged
Saikatsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 July 23, 01:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh really?

I use Flagfox and what I see is 96.31.84.77 and that means:

United States of America ... Tampa, Florida

It seems the host is NOC4Hosts, the website for it seems to be this one:.

http://www.hivelocity.net/

Sure the domain is registered in China but it seems PeggyZone is actually using a USA host.
Hm. Got thrown off by some of the information I pulled up, I guess. If it's hosted in the US, you could probably go straight to the host about it, they tend to have rules in place about what they allow people to upload.
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 July 23, 06:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is she trying to say she didn't use Wes's tool?  I see that she says that she used a Maya plug in but I don't know anything about creating, the tools or anything so I am trying to keep up.  I thought it was determined that it was Wes's tool that was used and it seems she is saying that she used something that was somehow independently created for her to create this.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 July 23, 19:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also made a Maya plugin, covered under the same license, that uses the same code to generate the GEOM with, but it was only released to a few testers. While the methods I use are my own "trade secret" the way the file is made leaves markings are irrefutable evidence she generated the final output of the two pay hair file I examined with my plugins. And the license terms very clearly prohibit commercial use.

She can claim she is using something else, and it may be true, to the extent she may be modelling with maya. But the final file was created with one of my plugins, or by code stolen from my plugins. Her rattling statements about insult, libel and attack are nothing but bluster and bravado. She is on the wrong side on this issue.

She can cure this by using the Blender plugins, and probably the TSR tool, as it exports GEOMs also. But until she does, she has no valid claim to ownership of the file, as it was produced only by violating my license terms.

<* Wes *>
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 July 23, 20:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not techical at all, but by reading Peggy's disclaimer, I still read and understood that she used code that Wes H wrote to make "her own mesh exporter".  If it's new, wouldn't the code be new also?

I see that as thief.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 July 23, 20:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We promise that our website will never affected by such issue and will continue to create more gorgeous works for players.
I'm not sure whether to laugh hysterically or throw up.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 July 23, 20:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do a combination of the two and see what happens  Grin

And "gorgeous"? Jeez Peg, blowing your own horn a bit there, aren't you? I think "shitty" would be a more honest evaluation.

kanno
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 July 23, 23:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I haven't read the whole discussion, nor do I understand what it is really about. I don't actually get all those "game policies, copyrights" things...
And, you must be right, Peggy may be a bad person who steal other people's tool...

BUT, what is the point saying the HAIR ITSELF is ugly?

I'm sorry, but however wrong she is, I still think she creates beautiful stuff. And you might not agree with me, but it seems millions of other players in the world do, just have a look at the exchange.

However, this is just my point. I'm not defending the creator herself, and I'm absolutely not supporting her wrong methods, I'm just supporting CREATIONS which doesn't deserve the names "shit" or "ugly".
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 July 23, 23:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because the hair is ugly.  Have you never put some of these on your sims?  99.9% of them look like shit in game.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 July 23, 23:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What hair looks like that? On what planet is hair made of plastic with a blinding shine, let alone bisecting the neck? I used to download similar hairs, but I got tired of my sims looking so plastic and fake when there were beautiful realistic hairs with actual texture to them, and even animation.

INFP or something
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 July 23, 23:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I admit it- I'm a fan of her hair.  I think it's gorgeous.  But I like my neighborhoods to run like Gossip Girl- a bunch of gorgeous people with implausible problems.  Peggy's hair is perfect for that.  I also love All About Style clothes and Well Dressed Sim makeup.  I'm a whore like that.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 July 24, 01:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not techical at all, but by reading Peggy's disclaimer, I still read and understood that she used code that Wes H wrote to make "her own mesh exporter".  If it's new, wouldn't the code be new also?

I see that as thief.

She may very well have the tool she claims to have. But it didn't produce the two pay meshes she posted. Perhaps she will be able to use that tool in the future to resolve the issue ongoing. The description of the sims 3 mesh format, which was the result of a lot of research work (including contributions by Karybdis, Atavera, Delphy and others) is freely available from the sims 3 wiki just for people like Morgade (Blender plugin), Delphy (previewer), Echo (Postal previewer), Peggy, TSR and anyone else to use to design more meshing tools.

I have no problem with some "competition". If I did, the spec would still be private and unpublished. I just want to get modding jump-started, nce it starts rolling, it will churn more interest in custom content and more modding, and draw new people to the "community".

She is blustering and trying to cover her tracks. In her rush to get some new items online, she cheated and I caught her. Now that she has alternatives, and knows the data trail is there, perhaps we will not see any more done like that. That would suit me.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 July 24, 02:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I haven't read the whole discussion, nor do I understand what it is really about. I don't actually get all those "game policies, copyrights" things...
And, you must be right, Peggy may be a bad person who steal other people's tool...

BUT, what is the point saying the HAIR ITSELF is ugly?

I'm sorry, but however wrong she is, I still think she creates beautiful stuff. And you might not agree with me, but it seems millions of other players in the world do, just have a look at the exchange.

However, this is just my point. I'm not defending the creator herself, and I'm absolutely not supporting her wrong methods, I'm just supporting CREATIONS which doesn't deserve the names "shit" or "ugly".

Lol.  The exchange?  I didn't think anyone put anything decent there.  It's a cesspit of bad stories (take a look at the More Awful Than You threads that deal with stories to see what I mean) and bad taste.

The sheeple (particularly those too young to have credit cards) think that Peggy is cool and that her stuff is TEH AWESOEM because it is pay and therefore out of their reach.  The braver sheeple eventually find their way to the booty over at PMBD and head straight for the Peggy stuff.  They put it in their games and quickly discover just how crappy it really is.  Then the smarter ones delete it.  Sadly, there are some pitiful individuals who keep it for their stories because they think that showing a bunch of strangers on the internet that they have this uber-crappy payshit for a game will make them seem cool.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 July 24, 03:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of being an asskisser, I don't think the pace seems slow at all. Everyone seems to be ripping this game to pieces like crazy, and it's all very impressive to someone like me who wouldn't even kind of know where to begin.

Absolutely. For those that remember back to TS2, it took longer for custom content hairs and meshes to be made for TS2 than it has for TS3 and we had a BodyShop program to mess around with at that. There isn't as much of a leap between TS2 and TS3, so we're getting content a LOT faster because the groundwork was already laid in TS2...I mean jeebus pumpernickle, it took what, 48-72 hours for a successful mod in TS3 to be created?

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 July 24, 05:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what is the point saying the HAIR ITSELF is ugly?

After spending the past week culling hairs from my cc folder, I don't have a lot of positive things left to say about Peggy. But... I do think she is artistically talented.  What earns her hair criticism, and rightfully so, is that she's charging for hairs that are gapped, flawed, carelessly thrown together and never fixed.  

Oh, but it wouldn't be complete without hiding the faults in the preview pictures, so that you don't know what you're getting until it's in your game, and you've already paid.
False Advertising?  Just a bit.  This happens... most of the time.
But, I'm tolerant.  I can deal with small gaps here and there, or a hairstyle with bangs that cover the eyes on most sims
for the sake of the one with a huge forehead on whom it would look well, etc.

But then there are ones such as these:  

I haven't gotten one to look right yet without turning the sim in to a bobblehead. Apparently, Peggy has poor judgement sense for where the head ends and the hair begins. To me, that's ugly.   Tongue
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 July 24, 07:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave up on Peggy's hair after seeing Surelyfunke's bearded sim (or was that Rose's hair). Either way, DNW!

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 July 24, 07:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After spending the past week culling hairs from my cc folder, I don't have a lot of positive things left to say about Peggy. But... I do think she is artistically talented.

Isn't Peggy one of those "creators" who chooses to rip off third party meshes and adapt them to the Sims?  If she is, then it's not her artistic talent that you're praising, it's the talent of whoever created the mesh in the first place.

My apologies if I'm mixing Peggy up with another paysite creator.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 July 24, 09:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm pretty sure you are right. At least that is what they say about her hairs over at PMBD. I think at one point someone even found one of the sites she goes to to get meshes to make into hairs on the Sims.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 July 24, 10:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't Peggy one of those "creators" who chooses to rip off third party meshes and adapt them to the Sims?  If she is, then it's not her artistic talent that you're praising, it's the talent of whoever created the mesh in the first place.

I don't think so.  I've seen where creators take poser meshes and convert them in the past - usually the same meshes over and over again.  I see this one pop up all the time: http://images.thesimsresource.com/scaled/341/w-650h-650-341110.jpg 

Peggy, I think, is for real.  Her content has a definite style and you can trace the evolution of it from oldest to new, like you'd expect to be able to when looking at the work of a single artist.  If she is false, maybe someone has pictures or links to the originals?  I'd like to see what they looked like before they were "peggyfied".

kanno
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 July 24, 13:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy's content is not only shown in the exchange, even creators from modthesims (which is the best sims website ever) use them for their models.

It's not a big deal, they just want their sims to look good, and for the moment, we should all admit that we don't have much custom content for the sims 3, so that's why we're all stuck with peggy's hair, and that's why we all talk about her, and you're still visiting her website even if you don't like it.

It's normal, as we players are sick of EA hair, to prefer peggy's one, no?
It's just a matter of time, but in few weeks I'm sure other creators will release lot of original and beautiful hair, and we won't be sitting here debating about peggy anymore.

And it's easy to criticize, but try to make you own hair and share it, then we'll se.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 July 24, 13:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy's content is not only shown in the exchange, even creators from modthesims (which is the best sims website ever) use them for their models.
There's a difference between hair that looks good in still shots if you are careful to use just the right angle, and hair that looks good when you're playing the game.

It's not a big deal, they just want their sims to look good, and for the moment, we should all admit that we don't have much custom content for the sims 3, so that's why we're all stuck with peggy's hair, and that's why we all talk about her, and you're still visiting her website even if you don't like it.
Nope, I haven't been to Peggy's website in a long time.  I don't want to be blinded by all the blinkies & sparklies on her website (assuming she still has those).  Nor have I ever downloaded any of her hair, whether from the booty or from links people have posted here.  Over the years I've seen enough horror pics from other people's games to convince me that I don't want any Peggy hair in my game.

No, it's not normal to prefer hair that is even crappier than EA hair.  Why would any normal person want hair with gaps, that is stiff and unmoving, and looks even more unnatural than EA's selection?  At least with TS3 Peggy no longer needs to learn what colour red hair really is.

It's just a matter of time, but in few weeks I'm sure other creators will release lot of original and beautiful hair
Yes, it will be nice when we finally get some original and beautiful hair for the game that doesn't have gaps, is animated, and looks like a hairstyle a real person might have.  Hopefully that day will come soon.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 24, 13:29:51 by Kyna » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 July 24, 16:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think so.  I've seen where creators take poser meshes and convert them in the past - usually the same meshes over and over again.  I see this one pop up all the time: http://images.thesimsresource.com/scaled/341/w-650h-650-341110.jpg  

It's funny because people tried to pull that shit in the Elder Scrolls community swiping Poser hairs and converting them and they got called on it in a minute and ripped a new one. In this community if you do it you become a "featured artist".  Roll Eyes

It's just a matter of time, but in few weeks I'm sure other creators will release lot of original and beautiful hair, and we won't be sitting here debating about peggy anymore.

And it's easy to criticize, but try to make you own hair and share it, then we'll se.

I have made my own hairs for Morrowind and for TS2. The TS2 one I made for all ages, including Elders (Peggy ignores them), I made sure all the internal file references to the original cloned hair were changed (Peggy didn't; see Delphy's post earlier in this thread), I spent hours rotating the damned hair around in Max and then going into the game and rotating the camera around and then going back into Max finding and fixing all the gaps. Trust me it was very tedious but I wanted to make sure it was done right and there were no visible gaps from any angle. Peggy's hairs frequently have gaps and imperfections. When there was a problem discovered with my hair I went back and fixed it. Peggy never does this. You think she bothered to fix the first hair she did that replaced another hair now that she knows how to make them show up as new hair? Nope.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2009 July 24, 18:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have downloaded (and used) one or two Peggy hairs, though sometimes I'll download and then discover that it doesn't look as good in-game.  I haven't encountered anything like what Dragon Slave posted, but I don't download most of her stuff anyway.  I've gotten much better results from XMS, and raon, and even rose.  Plus, every time I download a Peggy hair I have to spend ten minutes rebinning everything with Wardrobe Wrangler.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: