More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:16:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything  (Read 96627 times)
Delphy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything
« Reply #50 on: 2009 July 19, 04:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki: Err, Peggy has absolutely nothing to do with "getting closer to getting more hair out there".  We *have* tools to do that, we *have* proper custom content hair working in game here, with zero help from Peggy.  So I'm a little confused as to what you are saying. Smiley  The only delay is in getting things *right*, making sure the layering works, texturing, etc.  But that's being worked on right now... so... soon.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 July 19, 04:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like that has ever mattered to her?  What can you do about it? Complain to EA?  We could boycott her site. *But, I thought we already did that*  Realistically though what would be a good plan?  It's not right, but...

Little I can do. It's not like I am reaping a profit from selling the plugins to fund a legal department.

But it isn't right. I spent a *lot* of time getting these developed (with some help from my friends), and wrote the spec that is on the wiki for anyone. And I have been very clear about the terms of use. I shouldn't care, but it is irritating that she is leveraging my free tool for her profit.

There is now a blender script for exporting GEOM meshes now, she could use that. Or pay someone to write a tool from the spec; at least TSR has chosen to try that route. Or she could just post the meshes in a separate, freely redistributable package and sell the textures.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 July 19, 04:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki: Err, Peggy has absolutely nothing to do with "getting closer to getting more hair out there".  We *have* tools to do that, we *have* proper custom content hair working in game here, with zero help from Peggy.  So I'm a little confused as to what you are saying. Smiley  The only delay is in getting things *right*, making sure the layering works, texturing, etc.  But that's being worked on right now... so... soon.

I am referring to people's saying her hairs are a good sign that we are closer to getting more custom hairs bla bla. And yes I agree with you, I know you guys have the stuff and I know you guys are also taking the time to make sure it works properly, unlike Peggy.

Little I can do. It's not like I am reaping a profit from selling the plugins to fund a legal department.

But it isn't right. I spent a *lot* of time getting these developed (with some help from my friends), and wrote the spec that is on the wiki for anyone. And I have been very clear about the terms of use. I shouldn't care, but it is irritating that she is leveraging my free tool for her profit.

No, you should care. As the creator of those tools you have the right to set those terms of use and people should be abiding by them or else attempt to find another method if they refuse to.

There might not be a hell of a lot you can do, but I will at least smear her name wherever I can. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2009 July 19, 05:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gadwin. Gadwin is your friend.

Here's some screenshots with the two pay hairs from CAS with an EAxis sim (an adoptable child one who grew into a teen recently). Please pardon the darkness as these were shot with the in-game camera; I really need to download a screen-grabbing program (because screen-grabbing with shitty Windows is even darker).
{Snipped}

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2009 July 19, 05:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have FRAPS on my old computer.  How is Gadwin compared to it?  Better?

Disregard I suck cocks.  I have my answer.  Gadwin, it is.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Who wants to a beta tester? Peggy releases first non replacing mesh
« Reply #55 on: 2009 July 19, 05:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm honestly not surprised the long hair moves similarly to the Maxis long hair since, well, it looks basically the same as the Maxis long hair.

I might be picking on your post but this is a general statement.

TS3 HAIR IS NOT ANIMATED!!!!

What you see is bone assignments so it does not clip with the body, if it moves like Maxis hairs at least she is doing something right, I recall IMPALING HAIR!!! in TS2 since some never bothered with that and even she did it with some of her hairs until she finally started doing proper bone assignments.

The only clipping issue I seen was with the Store pink bow Formal dress but that dress does not work very well with long hair (the bow sticks up and so it clips).
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 July 19, 05:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wes, can you not write to EA and try to nip this Peggy clown profiting off your work in the bud?
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 July 19, 06:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm honestly not surprised the long hair moves similarly to the Maxis long hair since, well, it looks basically the same as the Maxis long hair.

I might be picking on your post but this is a general statement.

TS3 HAIR IS NOT ANIMATED!!!!

What you see is bone assignments so it does not clip with the body, if it moves like Maxis hairs at least she is doing something right, I recall IMPALING HAIR!!! in TS2 since some never bothered with that and even she did it with some of her hairs until she finally started doing proper bone assignments.

The only clipping issue I seen was with the Store pink bow Formal dress but that dress does not work very well with long hair (the bow sticks up and so it clips).

No, what I was saying was that the one hair that moves at all is basically an edit of a Maxis hair and nothing really very customized about it so of course it moves, she didn't have to do anything. Her other offerings are impaling hair plastic wigs.

asciident / realrobotica
seanzol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 July 19, 18:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, what I was saying was that the one hair that moves at all is basically an edit of a Maxis hair and nothing really very customized about it so of course it moves, she didn't have to do anything. Her other offerings are impaling hair plastic wigs.

I agree that the hair looks too stiff. Also (and I'm not sure if this is because the mesh plugins are in their infancy - if that's why, please excuse the error) while EAxis hair adjusts itself based on the Sim's weight, Peggy's hair just sits there and doesn't compensate whatsoever for the body shape.

For example, EAxis hair:

Versus Peggy's sh!t:

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2009 July 19, 18:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy's long stiff hairs (and some of her medium length ones) have never worked right when paired up with something (in this case, fat and boobage) that gets in the way.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 July 19, 21:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are the install instructions for installing her files different than cc from other sites? The hairs and the lingerie on her site all have a resource.cfg file that you're supposed to put in the root game folder, but what's the purpose of it?
gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 July 19, 21:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are the install instructions for installing her files different than cc from other sites? The hairs and the lingerie on her site all have a resource.cfg file that you're supposed to put in the root game folder, but what's the purpose of it?
It's identical to the Resource.cfg that should already be in your Mods folder.  Just ignore it.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 July 19, 23:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I may - we need to be EMPHATIC in saying that you should IGNORE Peggy's resource.cfg file - there's something WRONG with it and it will f-up your game.

Use Delphy's - it is the ONLY resource.cfg file you should ever need.

And just in case you're wondering - yes, you can learn from my mistake re this - been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 July 19, 23:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I didn't realize how shady Peggysims was....I remember reading about something about "stolen" content which she/they manipulated and sold without any permission but, those sorts of stories were going around a lot back then.  Looks like she doesn't give a crap about anything other than the revenue she's got coming in.  Shady, shady business.  Undecided
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 July 20, 01:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alas, this isn't news to anyone (except you, apparently).

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Seranation
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 July 20, 02:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I was actually considering downloading one of the free hairs for a moment and now I feel ashamed.

Oh well, at least this Peggy has shown what NOT to do when doing custom hairs.
mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 July 20, 02:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a head's up, HP has new hair up on ModtheSims.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 July 20, 04:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alas, this isn't news to anyone (except you, apparently).

Yes, apparently so.
Upon having a closer look at the hair, I conclude that it is one of the most hideous styles I have yet to see.  Are there actually people who like this hair? (curious)
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 July 20, 05:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wes, can you not write to EA and try to nip this Peggy clown profiting off your work in the bud?

EA? They don't care. They just want us all to get along and play nice. However, as far as I am concerned, ripping the meshes out of the package, recoloring them and posting them as a new creation would be fine with me. She has no claim on the mesh itself, so I would not call that piracy, just community service.

I saw a different comment that said TS3 hair was not animated. It is most definitely animated, but many are not animated well. That's what teh bone assignments are for, and many lack the professional touches. Some are really good, but a lot of the stuff in the store hairs looks like it was slapped together quickly, or else a less experienced modeler made them.

What I think was meant was they have no physics, that is true. Physics is what made TS2 hair lively when the sim twirled, for instance. TS3 would be a much better game if it had any physics. If it had somethink like havok, then when you kick the flamingo it could fly across the lawn, instead of just falling over.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, HP posted two hair packages tpday. She is using an unreleased extension of Delphy's CTU tool, he has plans to release it when he gets sufficient polish on the additions... gotta love that Turtle Wax. Once that is available, making new hair packages will be in reach of a lot more artists. I know the pace seems slow, but this tool business is difficult, given that the detailed instruction manual was missing.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 20, 05:08:20 by wes_h » Logged
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2009 July 20, 05:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of being an asskisser, I don't think the pace seems slow at all. Everyone seems to be ripping this game to pieces like crazy, and it's all very impressive to someone like me who wouldn't even kind of know where to begin.

minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 July 20, 05:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Upon having a closer look at the hair, I conclude that it is one of the most hideous styles I have yet to see.  Are there actually people who like this hair? (curious)

It's perfect for my gold-digging perfectionist snob.  Observe:

Her Vegas wedding...

Vegas honeymoon

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 July 20, 08:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's perfect for my gold-digging perfectionist snob.

Have you managed to fulfill the gold digger lifetime wish? I remember someone saying it was broken. I'm curious to try it out, but not if it doesn't work.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 July 20, 11:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if you already know this, but you can get the hair at our favourite downloading site as the very first TS3 pirated content Wink I'm grabbing it, too, because I'm tired of all my puddings having the same hair... some of them should have the bad taste to use ugly wigs, just like in RL!

A question, though: when the easy hair meshing tool becomes available and I'll have enough pretty hairs to chose from/make to be able to delete the Peggy ones, what happens to the sims wearing it? I'm thinking of townies, really, changing the hair for my playables shouldn't be hard.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2009 July 20, 12:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus in order to get them we have to navigate Peggy's website which looks like Sailor Moon vomitted all over it.
Hey, man, she WISHES sailor moon would vomit all over her site. It might improve it. Wink
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 July 20, 18:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you managed to fulfill the gold digger lifetime wish? I remember someone saying it was broken. I'm curious to try it out, but not if it doesn't work.

She didn't actually get the LTW. She has "Living in the Lap of Luxury".  But she wanted to flirt with her grandmother's rich ex-boyfriend, so I let it happen.

A question, though: when the easy hair meshing tool becomes available and I'll have enough pretty hairs to chose from/make to be able to delete the Peggy ones, what happens to the sims wearing it? I'm thinking of townies, really, changing the hair for my playables shouldn't be hard.

So far none of the townies have used any of the custom hairs, or the ones from the store in my town.  YMMV.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: