More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:50:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Pregnant sims have no bottom part to their stomachs!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pregnant sims have no bottom part to their stomachs!  (Read 17863 times)
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Re: Pregnant sims have no bottom part to their stomachs!
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 20, 20:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that yellow dress. 

The sim I play the most always wears dresses, so it was her I designed a maternity dress for using the yellow dress mesh.  It looked nice, and I was content.  Smiley

If memory serves me correctly, she still changed back to the yellow dress, which I loathe, btw....and even more so now that I've noticed this: D:

Yeah, I hadn't noticed that until now when I started editing the pictures. Yikes.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 21, 07:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep forgetting that you can't change prego outfits and typing "dresser" only to get a hanging loading screen and have to terminate the program without my data being saved  Angry

Thinking of making a ton of orphans for adoption instead just to avoid this.
Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

Oh, to toss grenades around in space!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 21, 08:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good lord, so that's why my pregnant sims always looked weird. Some things are just beyond lazy. What, is getting the bottom half of your fetus going to be a feature of the next expansion pack?
KarateKari
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 21, 17:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep my pregnant Sims in dresses.

What do you do to control their wardrobe?  I plan plenty of maternity freindly outfits beforehand hoping the sim will use them instead -  but each and every time, it lands me with this randomy generated crap.  It's great if it's the dress, but I get the jogging suit more often than not. 

My sims either keep a part (or all) of their pre-pregnancy outfit if it's one of the pieces of clothing with pregnancy morphs, or they switch into an outfit that's sort of similar to what they were wearing. The ones that were wearing pants switch to a pair of pants, the ones wearing a dress to another dress.

I don't have access to my game screenshots at the moment, but I can post some pictures later on. Among the pieces of clothing that do have pregancy morphs are the T-shirt-over-a-long-sleeved shirt top, the skinny jeans, the jogging pants (and the matching top), and the spaghetti strap dress, at least. If you dress your sims in those before they switch to their pregnancy clothing, they should keep that same outfit during the pregnancy, also.

But the skinny jeans and the jogging pants will not have the pregnancy morph, just the shirt.

The jogging pants look fine to me.

Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 21, 21:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, malformed preggo belly and poorly executed clothing meshes happen to everyone's sims? I thought maybe it was a crazy graphics malfunction caused by my lunatic decision to put my video card in danger of meltdown by running the game with high settings on a laptop. I should have know better and assumed EA being lazy.

Half belly, disappearing belly and gravity defying dresses are great, but I'm partial to the ultra-thick bedsheets that swallow sleeping children. So much of this game looks so bad in closeup views.

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 21, 22:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much of this game looks so bad in closeup views.

You're telling me. Have you seen the floor borders? They are pink and yellow!

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 21, 23:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. The edges of the walls in cutout view aren't looking so good either, but again, I thought it might be a video card issue on my end. The horror indeed...

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 24, 22:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a pregnant sim laying on her bed reading and looking at her from a view at the foot of the bed I could see right through her to the bedding.  No sim skin at all between her top and pants.

I think she was wearing the zippered sweat top and sweat pants.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 25, 00:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No sim skin at all between her top and pants.

That's because the top is her skin.  It would be cool if they were actually wearing the clothes, but sort of pointless since we're not supposed to see inside the shirts to began with.  Baby's are another example.  If you view them from the right angle, you'll see that they're missing the lower half of their body. Cheesy

« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 20:28:38 by Dragon Slave » Logged
bean
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 25, 15:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You would think that after all of EA's ranting about the custom ability of TS3, that you would be able to choose your preggo sim's clothing. What a lazy bunch of programmers.  Roll Eyes
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 25, 20:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You would think that after all of EA's ranting about the custom ability of TS3, that you would be able to choose your preggo sim's clothing. What a lazy bunch of programmers.  Roll Eyes

I know, right?  We can't even use create a style to fix the horrible default color combinations. 
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 August 05, 16:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So could we please come up with a list of all clothes that can be used as maternity? It would be nice to know what my options are so I can pick appropriate clothes beforehand.

Are these the only choices?

Tops:
Short sleeve Tee over long sleeve shirt.
That fitted sport coat type thing.
Track suit top.

Pants:
Sweat pants
Skinny jeans

Outfit:
Spaghetti strap nightgown
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: