More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 03, 16:16:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can the Gypsy be fixed?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can the Gypsy be fixed?  (Read 11318 times)
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Can the Gypsy be fixed?
« on: 2005 November 20, 21:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I pay 5 grand for a date I want three bolts, and if she doesn't have a three bolt in the neighbor hood then she should say,I  don't have aperfect match for you, would you like a partial match instead, so I can stop wasting my money
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: Can the Gypsy be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 20, 21:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the Gypsy is misunderstood for the most part.

For the most part, she appears to be more usefull to romance and pleasure sims (eg. the "Have 50 First Dates" LTW and "Woohoo with 20 Different Sims"). I've used her mostly for comic relief to see who she drops when I give her $100 and attempt to have a decent date from there.  Tongue

I don't think she's the do-all alternative to finding your sim's "soulmate" (if it can be called that).

Instant gratification takes too long.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 20, 21:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The gypsy is wierd. I had an adult male who wanted to date the countess and it kept giving me a TEEN townie.

Uh, helloo.... that's illegal.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 20, 21:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The gypsy is wierd. I had an adult male who wanted to date the countess and it kept giving me a TEEN townie.

Uh, helloo.... that's illegal.

Typically they are University Students and not teens (at least, that's the case here). If you want the countess, you'll have to go out and get her (or she'll get you).

Instant gratification takes too long.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 20, 21:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh she's a Maxis elder npc, of course she's nuts. Have we learned nothing from the nannies? Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 20, 21:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sometimes paid 5000 to get a date who was REPELLED by my Sim.

Aah, so much for clairvoyance!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 20, 22:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I pay her, I read the message she gives.  In my memory she does say she will see what she can do, and never actually pretend to give you the perfect date.

You are better off going on community lots and do some "scooping" instead.  Having 2 bolts is not bad, once the Sims move-in you can look at their turn ons/offs and simply change them so they match both Sims and 3 bolts will automatically appear.
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 20, 22:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love a hack that adds an extra dialog box for the Matchmaker... after the male/female thing, it should ask what age you want the date to be (maybe give an option for random if you really don't care). I haven't gotten a teen for an adult yet (rumors are that's InTeenimator related, but don't quote me there) but inevitably, my young family man looking to raise a family gets an elder female (no babies there) or a freshman in college (yeah, I COULD play four years for her so she's marriageable but if I wanted to do that, I'd be doing that instead of trying to get this loser hooked up). The matchmaker has been typically unrealiable but sometimes, she does hit on a great match that I would have never thought to do on my own. I don't despise her, but I wish there was a choice on the age of your date. ~KG
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 20, 22:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually give her a little less than half the maximum amount allowed and generally my dates don't turn out too bad.

However, I have, against me better judgement given her the 5000 simoleans once or twice and ended up with some atrocious dates!!!  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 20, 23:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I risked $5,000 for General Grunt today (who now resides in my new neighbourhood minus his kids and a great deal younger) and he was given a downtown teen.  There were bolt actions available, but their aspirations were totally opposed and all she wanted to do was play on his bass.  I exited out without saving and he managed to find someone downtown he had 2 bolts with.  In many ways that's better than 3, because with 3 they would starve before they'd leave each other alone.  At least with 2 they do manage to go to the toilet occasionally.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 20, 23:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like a pretty realistic gypsy to me. Don't you know that the word "Gyp" is derived from "gypsy"?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 21, 02:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an experience with the matchmaker too.  I had one sim give her 5000 for a date and get a 3-bolt match that led to a dream date.  He then caught her cheating with another sim and was rather pissed...  My other sim that gave the matchmaker 5000 for a date ended up getting food spilled on him 3 times and the date was a diaster.  I won't waste the time on her anymore.   Roll Eyes
When trying for a vampire did you try after it got dark? I've heard you can get one that way... not that I can prove anything.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 28, 07:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have always gotten three bolts except for once and she was repelled by him.  I checked her turn ons and she had his hair color as a turn off and she liked stinky men(that she will not find in my town) and grey hair.  I tinkered with her wants and they turned to three bolts.  I don't think that the gypsy takes the turn ons/offs in consideration.  When you get teens as dates for adults,it's because you have Inteen.  I got Puck as a date for Isabella it didn't reach dream date cause-- duh.   But, because they kiss at the end of the date they got a crush on each other.  When he went to college,they did have three bolts for each other but yuck!!!!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 28, 22:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be happy if she'd just stay off my porch! Can you make her do that JM? If I want her services i'd call her!

ANd $5000 for a date?? Even a 'dream date' isn't worth that. (Well, maybe if you are Robert Redford and you want another man's wife.... ) Can you fix that? Why can't a dream date be priced realistically: a $100 bucks tops, afterall if you go to dinner it's gonna cost a lot more than that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 28, 22:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be happy if she'd just stay off my porch! Can you make her do that JM? If I want her services i'd call her!
You've obviously never seen real gypsies or tried to keep them off anything. Tongue I could make them start stealing things...

ANd $5000 for a date?? Even a 'dream date' isn't worth that. (Well, maybe if you are Robert Redford and you want another man's wife.... ) Can you fix that? Why can't a dream date be priced realistically: a $100 bucks tops, afterall if you go to dinner it's gonna cost a lot more than that.
I'm not bothered by the price, sims tend to have too much money anyway. Besides, didn't you know that the word "gyp" comes from "gypsy"?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 28, 22:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like a pretty realistic gypsy to me. Don't you know that the word "Gyp" is derived from "gypsy"?

Besides, didn't you know that the word "gyp" comes from "gypsy"?

Deja vu, anyone?  Tongue

I've just been zapping the gypsy off the lot with TJ's zapper - works great.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 28, 23:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'll go on ignoring her until someone takes pity on us or learns to hate her too.....
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 28, 23:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even mind her appearing on my porch, except that the game hangs for a noticeable period when it's bringing her in even when she's already been generated; when it's a clean 'hood, it can take several seconds.

She's useless in a clean 'hood anyway. Who's she going to set me up with, herself?

"For $5000, I'll be your date tonight, deary..."

That's not matchmaking, that's whoring.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 28, 23:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL. Yes, it is isn't it? She would make a great pimp if 'tweaked' out a bit...I wonder if Danny has thought about this....
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 28, 23:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, didn't you know that the word "gyp" comes from "gypsy"?

Ever consider welshing on a bet?

Edit: pfui

Unsouper
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 29, 04:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'll go on ignoring her until someone takes pity on us or learns to hate her too.....
hmm the last two times I used the gypsy my sims paid Max and she did the unusual set them up with the right partners both have married their Blind Dates and one has  Twin Daughters you almost cant tell apart and is pregnant for the second time. the other couple are students at Uni both couples had instant 3 bolt chemistry.I think the gypsy is sick I'm used to disasters

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 29, 07:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One sim I had kept getting the countess. Each time, for three dates over several sim days. I don't know if the gypsy predetermines a sim for each asker, but I thought that was weird. These were the first few dates after I got NL so maybe it was the game trying to get the vamps into play as soon as possible.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 29, 12:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yikes I'm glad  I never got the grand vampires Shocked

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 29, 13:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a bug that she always shows up community lots? You have to "greet" her too but she's the only sim I have ever seen that needed to be greeted on a community lot. I'm guessing if you could save the lot after it's been played she wouldn't come again, but since you can't whenever you enter it's always the first time it's played and so she comes. But still, they should have had enough sense to restrict her from community lots at least in her work capacity. If they made her a walk by or shopper that's one thing, but she just stands around spitting at her crystal ball waiting to be greeted.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 29, 16:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed that her initial introduction has an escape clause reminding you that she sells potions to change turn ons and offs.  So I guess her plan is to give you someone who COULD be a potential soul mate IF you purchase a potion (or two). Ha!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: