More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 21:26:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Using Aging Off/Story Mode Off - game takes 18 minutes to save
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Using Aging Off/Story Mode Off - game takes 18 minutes to save  (Read 57968 times)
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Using Aging Off/Story Mode Off - game takes 18 minutes to save
« Reply #75 on: 2009 July 19, 01:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removing all mods, starting the game, saving, and then re-adding the mods cut down my save times considerably as well.  Went from 6 minutes saves down to less than a minute.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 July 19, 03:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, thanks twallan, that was a great tip. I wonder what Pescado has to say about this "discovery."
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 July 19, 03:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan's discovery worked for me, too.  Save files dropped from about 78k to about 55k, and the saving time dropped from 15 or so minutes to a a minute and a half or so.

I have no idea why it works like that, but it does.

I did it with sacred households intact (I don't use SC, though), figuring that if it deleted those households I'd just work from one of my other saves and that time remove sacred from everyone.  My Sacred households were fine and just lost Sacred status.  The only thing I lost-- besides wants, which is really trivial-- was that some custom clothing from MTS2 has to be returned to my sims' used wardrobes through the dresser command.

I'm sure times and file sizes will creep back up, but when they get really bad I know a way to get them back down.

I don't know if it will get rid of the Error Code 12 save error; but even if it doesn't, with the shorter save times saving every 15 real life minutes wouldn't be so bad, so if I hit the EC 12 I'll lose much less progress.

I'm also interested in Pescado's theories of why it might work as well as it does.

Thanks, Twallan!
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2009 July 19, 07:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The error code 12/13 were happening since the game was released, without any additional content, so i'd say the only way that will be fixed is through an official patch. If EA fix those error codes, it may fix all our save issues, as there is definitely something up with saving.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 July 19, 11:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. I have never encountered this in my game, perhaps because CERTAIN PEOPLE refuse to send me an afflicted file.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2009 July 19, 12:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. I have never encountered this in my game, perhaps because CERTAIN PEOPLE refuse to send me an afflicted file.

Currently uploading an error13 infected save to kludgemush. Should be there in about 10mins.

Upon trying to make the next save after this, I received error 13. However, the thing with error 12/13 and the "18 minute" saves, is that while they may happen after playing a while, restarting the game allows saves to return to normal. I can pretty much guarantee that Ill get a save issue after ive made changes in game, such as using CAS or editing colours of multiple items in build mode. Though it also shows up after extended play. This happens in the base game without mods and is inflicted upon people randomly (while some get it, others do not), so I doubt there is anything that can be done about it until EA fix their save routine.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 19, 13:29:01 by Anach » Logged

boomornot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 July 19, 16:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Theory:

Problem occurs because awsomemod does not allow the game to randomly remove NPCs.

What if problem was seen duing beta testing and the fix was to keep a fixed data size - to do that it flushed NPCs that are not active in the game.

Just an idea since this doesn't seem to be going anywhere good.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2009 July 19, 17:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Theory:

Problem occurs because awsomemod does not allow the game to randomly remove NPCs.

What if problem was seen duing beta testing and the fix was to keep a fixed data size - to do that it flushed NPCs that are not active in the game.

Just an idea since this doesn't seem to be going anywhere good.

Interesting theory, except it happens without awesome mod or in fact any mod. I've still experienced the long duration saves and save erros on a completely clean game.

Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 July 20, 17:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for "purgewantquest", this works for me!
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2009 July 20, 19:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for "purgewantquest", this works for me!

Hopefully it works consistently. Time will tell. Hopefully that's two issues fixed. Which only leaves the error code 12/13 issues to resolve.

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 July 25, 00:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been reading all 4 pages since I have the same saving issue - it took Riverview about 18-20 minutes to save and quit.  I've noticed it takes Riverview too long to save.  I was wondering what Sacred household and Supreme Commander are?  I'm guessing both have something to do with the Awesome Mod? 
Quill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 August 02, 15:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been reading all 4 pages since I have the same saving issue - it took Riverview about 18-20 minutes to save and quit.  I've noticed it takes Riverview too long to save.  I was wondering what Sacred household and Supreme Commander are?  I'm guessing both have something to do with the Awesome Mod? 

As this is an awesomemod thread, that is a safe assumption to make, yes.  Next time, look around the forum and do a search instead of asking questions you have reason to suspect are stupid.  You've posted here often enough to know that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: