More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:55:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I'll have some a what Yumi Sekemoto's smoking
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I'll have some a what Yumi Sekemoto's smoking  (Read 13375 times)
Billmonaghan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
I'll have some a what Yumi Sekemoto's smoking
« on: 2009 July 04, 12:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"There was a band playing in my head and I felt like Blowing Bubbles."
-- Sim Neil Young

In my game (Awsomemodded w/ S2-style aging on) Yumi Sekemoto has this permanent, positive moodlet for listening to music whiich seems kinda odd because the stereo iis never on because they don't have a stereo.

Anybody else notice this or something like it? This is the only household w/ an Elder I've played so far. Are auditory hallucinations a benefit of being an Elder (makes sense to me)? Or is this unique to Yumi or something squirrelly in my installation of the game/mod?

Another weird thing that happened at the Sekemoto's I never noticed elsewhere (and didn't screen-capture as it happened so quick) was this:
Sam, while still a Toddler, seemed to be tring to stand up while another Sim crossed the room next to him and, briefly, Sam's neck and torso and head stretched until the top of his elongated bald head was about at standing-Toddler height. Before I could even fumble for the pause button, he quickly glooped back to his normal Toddler dimensions.

I have a feeling the stretchy-Toddler thing has something to do with my computer struggling to keep up with a bunch a High Detail animations on a busy lot (this happened while guests were arriving for Sam's Birthday Party) but I can't figure out the music-in-Yumi's-head thing.

"Ah yes, we were in the HimALLyas, had lost our corkscrew. Had to subsist for several days on nothing but water and food."
 --  W. C. Fields
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: I'll have some a what Yumi Sekemoto's smoking
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 04, 12:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if he has a boombox in his inventory, turned on.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Billmonaghan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 04, 12:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if he has a boombox in his inventory, turned on.

Good thinking. I don't think so, but lemme look. I'll update in a sec'...

Nope. She's just got a couple a books in her inventory. Neither Leighton nor Sam (now a Child) have a boombox either and neither of them have the positive moodlet either.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 04, 13:04:35 by Billmonaghan » Logged

"Ah yes, we were in the HimALLyas, had lost our corkscrew. Had to subsist for several days on nothing but water and food."
 --  W. C. Fields
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 04, 13:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stretch toddler is a documented bug related to watching TV and missing animations.

Don't Panic.
Billmonaghan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 04, 14:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stretch toddler is a documented bug related to watching TV and missing animations.

Don't Panic.

Yeah, the TV was on (Yumi was watching the cooking channel before the guests started showing up). Thanks for that tip.

--  W. C. Fields
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 05, 06:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a permanent 'warm fire' moodlet. Went away when my Sim visited a real fire and left again.
Aaroc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 05, 08:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my Legacy, my sim had a boombox outside, which is where he would entertain his party guests since his shack was too small to fit all those people. His house was onyl one room anyway and I always forgot to turn the radio off before he went to sleep, so outside was the best place to keep it. In any event, he would get the Enjoying Music Moodlet while he was inside too. Even while he slept.
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 05, 09:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a permanent 'warm fire' moodlet. Went away when my Sim visited a real fire and left again.

If your sim has a Flame Fruint in his/her inventory then the "Cozy Fire" moodlet will be in effect, just as if the sim were sitting in front of a fireplace.  Unless your sim is bugged and has no Flame Fruit in his/her inventory?
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 05, 14:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims also seem to be confused as to whether there's actually music in their rooms or not. I am TRYING to do a legacy and am only just raising the third gen but they have so many minor (and in one sim's case fairly major) bugs that I'm just waiting for the whole hood to go down in a BFBVFS.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 06, 00:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got one sim in a household of five that constantly hears music. None of the others have the stuck moodlet.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
lonelyfae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 06, 02:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the hearing music moodlet stuck on a Child sim after the father of the household had upgraded the stereo to House Wired or whatever it was called... after turning off the stereo Mom got the moodlet stuck for a while and then disappeared, the child which was a baby at the time only got rid of it after turning into a toddler... which was like 2 days after he first got it.
It didn't bother me much since it is a positive moodlet... so no big deal...

Instant Karma Is Gonna Get Ya!
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 06, 02:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got one sim in a household of five that constantly hears music. None of the others have the stuck moodlet.

Same here. Ironically, she's a technophobe.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 06, 02:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have now a young adult - soon adult-to-be - who still has the "out past curfew" moodlet (+15). It had to be a really shocking experience.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Toasty
Asinine Airhead

Heinous Batterwitch

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 10, 02:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least you got a good moodlet to get stuck with. One of my stupid puddings had the Spooky Graveyard (Scary Graveyard, and the like) moodlet for 2 Sim weeks.

Weird things keep happening but I still can't find Fugly Moustache Guy. I'm disappointed.
reinergirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 10, 04:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another weird thing that happened at the Sekemoto's I never noticed elsewhere (and didn't screen-capture as it happened so quick) was this:
Sam, while still a Toddler, seemed to be tring to stand up while another Sim crossed the room next to him and, briefly, Sam's neck and torso and head stretched until the top of his elongated bald head was about at standing-Toddler height. Before I could even fumble for the pause button, he quickly glooped back to his normal Toddler dimensions.

I have a feeling the stretchy-Toddler thing has something to do with my computer struggling to keep up with a bunch a High Detail animations on a busy lot (this happened while guests were arriving for Sam's Birthday Party) but I can't figure out the music-in-Yumi's-head thing.

Haha!  Same thing happened to me the other day! It was quite funny, deformed little toddler, it kept happening over and over again, I was able to capture some screenshots of it too!  Unfortunately, they're on my other computer!  I don't think it has to do with your computer struggling, I think it's just the game being buggy! Wink
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 10, 15:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game (Awsomemodded w/ S2-style aging on) Yumi Sekemoto has this permanent, positive moodlet for listening to music whiich seems kinda odd because the stereo iis never  on because they don't have a stereo.
I have the same problem. A few of my player-made Sims always have the music moodlet, without fail, regardless of whether there is music in the vicinity. I don't know what causes it, perhaps they came across a stereo/music on a community lot and the moodlet got stuck.
It doesn't seem to be harmful, so hopefully this isn't an early symptom of some game-destroying problem (though, from looking at the evolution of past glitches, it probably is).
jlkeal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 10, 22:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a toddler that had the stuck moodlet for music. She finally lost it after she aged to a child.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 11, 09:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's with testingcheats enabled (can't test, my Sims 3 comp is borked) that you can shift click a moodlet to make it go away. I did that a bunch with stuck fire / music / etc.
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 11, 20:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?! That would be great, if it works. I'll have to test it next time I fire my game up.
Saikatsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 12, 01:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's with testingcheats enabled (can't test, my Sims 3 comp is borked) that you can shift click a moodlet to make it go away. I did that a bunch with stuck fire / music / etc.
Yup, although it's ctrl instead of shift.
shelbypark
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 12, 05:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sim households had a stereo for about 5 sim hours while they had a house party.  When the party ended, I deleted the stereo. Now everyone in the household spontaneously dances with each other near where the stereo was. 

Though from memory I might have got my tinkering sim to upgrade the stereo to "wire house with speakers" or whatever prior to the delete.  There are no other stereos or TVs in the house - my sims like to read Smiley
nemesis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 13, 12:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wife in the first family I played developed a stuck "Cozy Fire" moodlet after her fireplace caught on fire.  Unfortunately she produced too much spawn and annoyed me, so I never found out how long it would stick, but she developed it while pregnant and the maggot was halfway through the Child stage on Long lifespans when I quit the house.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: