More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:07:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  Sharing inventory
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sharing inventory  (Read 20618 times)
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sharing inventory
« on: 2009 July 03, 10:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I just discovered this, I thought I'd pass it along to those who may also not have discovered it. 

In order to pass things from one family member to the next, I had been placing the item out of the inventory and then having the other family member pick it up.  Today I discovered that you can pick something out of one person's inventory (a single item or the whole cluster), and drop them on the thumbnail of the person you'd like to give them to.  It'll go into their inventory.

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Sharing inventory
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 03, 11:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Didn't anyone tell you?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 03, 12:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* No.  I'm always the last to know, and I even did a search before posting.  I suppose this is one of those things everyone else knew, like "eating will fill up the hunger meter."

--J R R Tolkien
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 03, 12:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose this is one of those things everyone else knew, like "eating will fill up the hunger meter."
People die if they are killed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 03, 16:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is extremely useful albeit slightly cheaty I suppose. If someone is way off out of the house and is hungry you can drop some food from one sim to their inventory. You can also open the fridge or bookshelf and drop items into that sims inventory.

If one sim is out hunting for seeds or rocks or fishing you can instantly transfer those items to another sim at home so they can plant or cook or get a gem cut or whatever.

If you have the moodlet soother it's really useful to pass that from one sim to the next no matter where they are.

Also of use is you can drag food into the fridge for storage, or into the dishwasher to get rid of it (found the latter out the hard way when I went to drag some ambrosia on top of the counter and I guess I missed and hit the dishwasher  Sad), books can be dragged into the bookshelf and so forth.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 03, 17:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You also do not need to clear inventory of soon to be dead sims. Their inventory goes into another sims when they die and you get a notification of that. Well, I suppose that's only true if there's another sim in the household though.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 03, 20:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the Hand of God. Every day Momma harvests some apples and then passes one to each of her kiddies even though they're already at school so that they have something to eat while they're out collecting things.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 03, 20:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the Hand of God. Every day Momma harvests some apples and then passes one to each of her kiddies even though they're already at school so that they have something to eat while they're out collecting things.

Yeah apples are totally the way to go. Not only do they seem to regrow faster than another other plant's fruit/vegetables (or meat or cheese! lol) but they are super quick to eat, filling, no chair required, no waste to get rid of and as you noted, the hand of god can pass them along to far distances. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 03, 22:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You also do not need to clear inventory of soon to be dead sims. Their inventory goes into another sims when they die and you get a notification of that. Well, I suppose that's only true if there's another sim in the household though.

It's also only true if it's a Sim in the active household. I lost several books and some other stuff that was in his inventory when my self sims 1st husband died whilst I had another family selected.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
bottles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 04, 01:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* No.  I'm always the last to know, and I even did a search before posting.  I suppose this is one of those things everyone else knew, like "eating will fill up the hunger meter."

There seems to be a lot of things like this in TS3. My boyfriend refused to decorate things properly because he didn't know that the create-a-style allowed you to drag the entire template (not just the individual patterns) to other objects. (TBH, it took me several days to realize that one on my own.)

Later, I found out he also didn't know that clicking an object and waiting a second or two would bring up a number of recolour options.  Roll Eyes

So, didja know you can click the little blue corner on a stack of objects and move the whole stack?

ahh... TS3, with the learning curve much steeper than expected...

Aaroc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 04, 02:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It took me a long time to figure out that you could drag a stack of stuff by clicking the little corner thing. Loading the fridge with harvested or bough items was a chore and a half before I figured that little tidbit out. It was such a chore, actually, that I didn't bother evr loading it, so only one sim could cook. of course I usually end up with only one cook in the house anyway, but at least i'm not forced to do it that way.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 04, 13:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I didn't know about it. Thanks Tongue

Actually a thread dedicated to those 'hidden commands' and such would be good.
The inventory > fridge thing had me stumped for a while and has cost me about half an hour of my life.
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 05, 10:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There seems to be a lot of things like this in TS3. My boyfriend refused to decorate things properly because he didn't know that the create-a-style allowed you to drag the entire template (not just the individual patterns) to other objects. (TBH, it took me several days to realize that one on my own.)

Well...actually...I refused to decorate properly because I didn't realize you could drag entire templates onto other objects either.  So much to learn...so little time.

--J R R Tolkien
DentedLemons
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 05, 13:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can drag items to the trash can too. Another one I discovered by accident :p You can also drag items to another household member if they're nearby, rather than portrait.

If someone's making a recipe needing fruit, I move all their Life Fruit to another sim so they don't stupidly waste it (or the fridge, since they seem to prefer to cook from inventory items). Now that I think of it, I should probably do the same with Deathfish if they're making a fish recipe too..

Another new inventory-related discovery I made just yesterday - if you have two bookshelves, they contain separate inventories (just like in real life! haha!). So I have one bookshelf full of books my sim has yet to read, and another with books she has already read.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 05, 14:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was vastly surprised when I read someone mentioning that a toddler sleeping with a teddybear in their inventory got a buff. I tried it and the teddy showed in the crib and they got a +20 "Cuddle Time" moodlet. So cute. X_X You can also place the teddy directly in the crib but I was too busy stressing over having a gazillion toddlers to check if that gave the same moodlet. So, yeah. I don't know if this is just ME being slow or if it was helpful to anyone. Tongue
Telraven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 05, 14:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was vastly surprised when I read someone mentioning that a toddler sleeping with a teddybear in their inventory got a buff. I tried it and the teddy showed in the crib and they got a +20 "Cuddle Time" moodlet. So cute. X_X You can also place the teddy directly in the crib but I was too busy stressing over having a gazillion toddlers to check if that gave the same moodlet. So, yeah. I don't know if this is just ME being slow or if it was helpful to anyone. Tongue

That's good to know! I didn't know they got a moodlet when it's in their inventory. I've been puttting it in the crib directly and they did not get a moodlet. After nothing special happened, I just figured that putting the teddy bear in the crib was just for looks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 05, 16:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's also only true if it's a Sim in the active household. I lost several books and some other stuff that was in his inventory when my self sims 1st husband died whilst I had another family selected.
Should be fixed in the latest AwesomeMod. It's possible the sim's ghost still has that stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 05, 17:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keeps up right until child even. I should check if childish teens and elder also get the buff.

Childish adults get the buff, so I'd imagine they carry it through to elderhood as well.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 07, 13:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not know this.  Finally a use for the bear other than "talk through."  I always hated that feature.

--J R R Tolkien
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 07, 13:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not know this.  Finally a use for the bear other than "talk through."  I always hated that feature.

I was always curious as to what they were actually talking through.

fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 07, 16:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just realized you can set any door to be the front door by clicking on it and choosing said option.  Had my sim not wanted to upgrade her door, I still wouldn't know that. Tongue
DjczReturns
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 07, 19:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just realized you can set any door to be the front door by clicking on it and choosing said option.  Had my sim not wanted to upgrade her door, I still wouldn't know that. Tongue
and if you have a high handiness level you can tinker with the door and change the ring tone you whear when someone shows up.
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 07, 20:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been driving myself crazy because they all come and ring the bell at the garage door, ala Sims 2.  I was wishing for a "bamboozled" door.  Who knew that you could do that?  We really need a "did you know you could do this..." thread.  There probably is one and I've missed it.

--J R R Tolkien
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 16, 04:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that this was from AwesomeMod.  Are you telling me that EAxis made the front door option?  I am amazed.
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 16, 16:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, EA made the door option all by themselves.  Hard to believe, I know. Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: