More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:45:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  How to uninstall/reinstall awesome mod?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to uninstall/reinstall awesome mod?  (Read 95122 times)
Baika
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomemode and Patch 1.3 how do I delete awesomemode?
« Reply #50 on: 2009 July 29, 08:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have deleted the Cache files (in my Documents or how it is called in english) and the awesomemod (on my F disk drive under Mods/Packages) But the game does still not start without awesomemod. But with it's hard to play Sims as they don't do what they have got tolded. If I reinstall awesomemod games is starting. But Sims don't do what I tell them (and cars on the lot, Sims got freezen etc). Any ideas what I made wrong?
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 July 29, 08:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have deleted the Cache files (in my Documents or how it is called in english) and the awesomemod (on my F disk drive under Mods/Packages) But the game does still not start without awesomemod. But with it's hard to play Sims as they don't do what they have got tolded. If I reinstall awesomemod games is starting. But Sims don't do what I tell them (and cars on the lot, Sims got freezen etc). Any ideas what I made wrong?
At what point does the game fail?  Does it crash during startup, or not load your saved game, or what?

Do you have Supreme Commander enabled?  The AwesomeMod page indicates that if you play a neighborhood with SC, it may not work if you remove the mod.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 July 29, 08:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the CD in the CD drive?

Awesomemod disables the CD check so if you with it you don't need the CD to play.... but if you delete Awesomemod you'll need the CD in the drive to play.

If that isn't your problem... then I have no other tips for you.  But I'd imagine the mod will be updated within a day or so anyway... so waiting shouldn't be that bad.
Baika
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 July 29, 08:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your answers:
1. The CD is in the drive
2. It breaks up after the Intro
3. SC? I didn't use the awesome config. I downloaded the mod and installed. What is the Super Commander? Is that the easy switch to another household?
4. I enabled via cheat the overstuffedhouse and 12woohoo

Regards,
Baika
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 July 29, 08:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your answers:
1. The CD is in the drive
2. It breaks up after the Intro
3. SC? I didn't use the awesome config. I downloaded the mod and installed. What is the Super Commander? Is that the easy switch to another household?
4. I enabled via cheat the overstuffedhouse and 12woohoo

Regards,
Baika

Supreme Commander is only activated when you ctrl-click on a sim and then select "Supreme Commander"  As far as I know this won't affect the games ability to load without awesomemod... It might fuck up a saved game if you had activated it in that game and try to run it without the mod installed.

I really don't know why it isn't loading for you.  If nobody can help you and you can't figure it out... then you basically have 2 options: #1 wait a day for awesomemod to be updated.  #2 Uninstall the game and then reinstall it.

I'd go with option #1 personally.
Baika
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 July 29, 09:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Then I have to wait :-) ....one day without Sims that's hard.....

Thank you all for your help!
graywolf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: How to uninstall/reinstall awesome mod?
« Reply #56 on: 2009 August 08, 06:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have followed all the steps (I hope), deleted all the .cache files, removed all my mods...There are only three .package files now in the Mods/Packages folder (all other mods have been deleted from my computer), the latest AM, ISM, and AM Config .package files. The older versions have been removed along w/all my other mods...

So why do I keep getting this?

And then there's this:

Notice I have nothing Sims-related running here, just the error message from TS3 Helper Monkey, and the EA DL Manager, which I'm not even connected to atm. The same thing happened to me a few days ago, when I had just AM and the Config.

[FYI: I am running off of Windows XP, playing the game on an external drive--E:\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 {Mods/Packages and dl'd Resource file are stored on same drive, in the root folder}, and my Sims game is updated to 1.2.7 {1.3 patch wouldn't install, which I guess is just as well, considering all the bugs it's supposedly infested with}.]
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 August 08, 06:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you need this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
graywolf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 August 08, 08:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Shrug* Dunno what I may be doin' wrong, but it doesn't seem to be catching anything...

After several tries, this is all I seem to get...
graywolf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 August 08, 09:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this helps any, these are the processes I see running on my comp:

Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 August 08, 09:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your anti virus is blocking the unlocker from doing anything. This is a duh question but have you tried restarting your pc then messing with the package files normally? That always helps me when windows gets stuck thinking something is using a file.
graywolf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 August 10, 17:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your anti virus is blocking the unlocker from doing anything.

Even after deactivating the Tamper Protection, I still get the same thing, minus the Symantec alert.

Quote from: Chain_Reaction link
This is a duh question but have you tried restarting your pc then messing with the package files normally? That always helps me when windows gets stuck thinking something is using a file.

Yes, I've restarted more than once. No effect.

In any case, I may need to uninstall and reinstall my game at this time, as something borked my game and caused the visuals to get all screwy.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 August 10, 17:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woah... if this can be reproduced, it looks like the perfect visual for the "TheRapture" option XD

INFP or something
piratesforlunch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 August 11, 23:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, so call me crazy, but i want to play without the awesomemod. i do not want to reinstall it. unfortunately if i delete the awesomemod my game won't start. it crashes before the loading screen even shows up. i've even tried reinstalling my game numerous times and deleting the caches, but nothing works. it's either i play with the awesomemod and cc (which i must have) or nothing at all, only base game junk, which i hate. i've searched through the forums and still haven't found my answer. i'm getting so frustrated. it's been like this for a month now  Cry

i'm am really sorry if this has been discussed and i missed it. but please help me.  please  Sad
moosemonk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 August 11, 23:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ piratesforlunch: Did you have Supreme Commander enabled for any sims in your saved game?If so,this may be the reason that you cannot play it without Awesomemod.Try starting a new neighbourhood and see if that works.

EDIT:Sorry,just re-read your post.If reinstalling the game didn't work,I don't know what would.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 11, 23:32:17 by moosemonk » Logged
piratesforlunch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 August 12, 16:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ piratesforlunch: Did you have Supreme Commander enabled for any sims in your saved game?If so,this may be the reason that you cannot play it without Awesomemod.Try starting a new neighbourhood and see if that works.

I've never enabled it, but this time before I started up my game I removed the awesomemod and the .dll file (I had never removed the .dll file before) and at least I got the loading screen. It froze though. Is that some improvement? I'm definitely not a computer person.  Huh

Thanks   Smiley
moosemonk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 August 12, 17:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well,a frozen game isn't much of an improvement,I'm afraid.As far as I know,all that is required to remove Awesomemod is to simply take the 'awesome.package'file out of your Mods folder.This has always worked for me in the past,I've never deleted a cache file or any other type of file.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

namismyname
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 November 18, 03:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that may help some of you people having problems: Disable your user account control. Go to control panel, user accounts and disable it there. This is if you run Windows Vista...not sure if it's the same for the other OS's.

Some Observations I have made in regards to this thread (observations based on my own perceptions and estimations, not necessarily factual. Not complaining...please know that I regard you all with my utmost affection and admiration.)(Yes, I have been drinking...um, I mean...) (Okay, my pathetic attempt at humor and wit...feel free to insult, tease, bully, and otherwise demean me...nothing you can say will be worse than my own reaction when I read this tomorrow...lol)

1. If you insult yourself in the process of asking a stupid question you are less likely to be mocked

2. Most of the people who "help" answer questions in this forum are likely "tech geeks" and spend most of their work day answering stupid questions and required to be polite and diplomatic in order to keep their jobs, so therefore find a way to vent their frustrations by voluntarily answering stupid questions here and saying what they wish they could say at work

3. Sometimes, at least in my experience, using the windows search function doesn't always (or even usually) give you all the results you are looking for. I have often searched things, deleted everything that turned up in the search, and then found more instances of that particular program manually.

4. Windows Vista SUCKS. If your comp can handle it, get Windows 7. Haven't tried it yet personally, but honestly, how much worse can it be? If all else fails, get XP. At least that one functioned somewhat.

5. People are ignorant...sometimes stupid, but most often ignorant...get used to it, it's everywhere! lol. The best in my experience is when someone goes up to a drive thru speaker (I used to work in fast food...you'd be surprised how often this would happen...at least once a day) wait until you ask to take their order and say "are you open?".....

6. I think that vodka hit me harder than I originally thought

7. I am not a "tech geek" myself...I am a "tech geek" wannabe poseur who knows enough of the basics to bullshit my way through most techie conversations.

Some entertaining and humorous links for those of you smart enough to get them: http://www.collegehumor.com/picture:1735807
http://www.collegehumor.com/picture:1754481
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1922223

Okay, don't want to spam you guys. Hope you enjoyed the sites, if not my long winded drunken comments. Have a good night. Tongue
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 November 18, 19:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it very funny that the previous poster had the time to chastisize tech helpers in this thread claiming that they aren't helpful enough, all the while not contributing anything of value to the posters questions. Yes, people are mean here, your observations have been stated by numerous others and yes, you will probably feel ashamed in the morning. If you have any information of value tomorrow that might shed some light on the issue, please return then. Until the sun rises you better keep hugging that vodka bottle and hope for the hazy alcoholic bliss to lull you to sleep. And for the rest of the posters in here, please utilize CAPS LOCK and capitalize your letters. It is far easier on the eyes when skimming through posts.

On topic: the four cache files that you can delete will spawn again once you start the game anew. I have no idéa as to what is causing the red blur in the game, but I gather it is not a good thing. Maybe someone else has thoughts about what is going on in your game, graywolf.

piratesforlunch: have you checked that you have deleted the framework when taking out awesomemod? And just so you know, there are other core mods out there, so if you wish to keep your cc, you'll just have to do a search on google. Also, if you are going to pick files and taking them out willynilly, you better make some backups for them in a folder somewhere, preferrably on the desktop. Otherwise you could end up with a totally fubarred game and no way of putting the pieces back together.
Just one question:
it's either i play with the awesomemod and cc (which i must have) or nothing at all, only base game junk, which i hate.
Didn't you say you couldn't get the game to work, at all? I r confuzzled.

- INTJ -
anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 November 19, 06:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google can be your best friend if you treat her like the cheap hooker she is.

Cheesy

I can't take all the shade teaazzz!
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 November 21, 11:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never enabled it, but this time before I started up my game I removed the awesomemod and the .dll file (I had never removed the .dll file before) and at least I got the loading screen. It froze though. Is that some improvement? I'm definitely not a computer person.  Huh

Thanks   Smiley

Are you deleting all saved games and custom content when you uninstall? Because you should be.
Christydoll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2011 June 02, 20:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problems with removing awesomemod. I've got the new expansion just tonight after prepurchasing it. My game wouldn't work, and it's all due to awesomemod if one should believe the messages I get. I have then tried removing and uninstalling all CC taking a few hours, restarting com and then put it back in without awesomemod and the config. I deleted all caches and restarted again and then tried. I only get to the start screen, when it sends me second warning about a damaging coremod called awesomemod, and then it crashes totally. If I keep it in the folder, I get another message telling me the game might crash with the non-ea core mod. I can ignore that even though it asks me to shut down sims. Then I go and create my sims, and all is fine, untill I try to place them. When placed and I try to enter the lot, all bars and stuff disapears locking me in edit town with no options but to use the mouse to go around the map. I have to close it down from windows at this point. I also tried pre to this expansion, when I had the same problem with the last stufpack, to manually uninstall all of the games and remove all files ect.. I've gone over the manual on manual uninstallation several times to check all was right, but when I reinstalled, still my game wouldn't work without awesome mod. It's very frustrating as I have not before getting this new com had any need for awesomemod, but when my last com burned off, I thought I'd try it, and I'm happy with it exept when it comes to getting new packs and expansions for the game. Now I just want it off but I can't seem to do that, so my only hope is to wait for an update on the mod ... and plz don't be long with an update, my sister and friends are all playing already telling me how great it is Sad I want my sims back Cry
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2011 June 02, 20:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problems with removing awesomemod. I've got the new expansion just tonight after prepurchasing it. My game wouldn't work, and it's all due to awesomemod if one should believe the messages I get. I have then tried removing and uninstalling all CC taking a few hours, restarting com and then put it back in without awesomemod and the config. I deleted all caches and restarted again and then tried. I only get to the start screen, when it sends me second warning about a damaging coremod called awesomemod, and then it crashes totally. If I keep it in the folder, I get another message telling me the game might crash with the non-ea core mod. I can ignore that even though it asks me to shut down sims. Then I go and create my sims, and all is fine, untill I try to place them. When placed and I try to enter the lot, all bars and stuff disapears locking me in edit town with no options but to use the mouse to go around the map. I have to close it down from windows at this point. I also tried pre to this expansion, when I had the same problem with the last stufpack, to manually uninstall all of the games and remove all files ect.. I've gone over the manual on manual uninstallation several times to check all was right, but when I reinstalled, still my game wouldn't work without awesome mod. It's very frustrating as I have not before getting this new com had any need for awesomemod, but when my last com burned off, I thought I'd try it, and I'm happy with it exept when it comes to getting new packs and expansions for the game. Now I just want it off but I can't seem to do that, so my only hope is to wait for an update on the mod ... and plz don't be long with an update, my sister and friends are all playing already telling me how great it is Sad I want my sims back Cry

Try a search.  Sounds like you have another version of AM stuffed elsewhere.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Christydoll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2011 June 02, 21:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Done that too, but nothing comes up :S dunno really what more I can try, read so much about it in here, and nothing have worked Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: