More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:47:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Think of the children! (Bad Parenting in the Sims 3)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Think of the children! (Bad Parenting in the Sims 3)  (Read 35021 times)
zsangel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Think of the children! (Bad Parenting in the Sims 3)
« on: 2009 June 28, 15:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this rather worrying last night.  I sent my adult sim off to town whilst the kids were in school.  She stopped by the bookstore, then took a fishing lesson, and finally stopped at the Bistro for a bite to eat.  While she was there a mother sim and her toddler came by.  At first the mother started teaching the kid to walk while other customers were milling about.  After a bit she stopped teaching the kid and started chatting up some guy.  I went to check on my kids, and left mom reading at the Bistro after her meal.  I came back a few sim hours later to check on mom.  She was still contentedly reading, and everyone else had wandered off, including the other sim mom leaving behind her toddler.

Now I've only seen this that one time so far, but it's got me wondering.  How many sims do this, and if these poor children some how magically know how find their way home.  Shouldn't Social Services be all over these irresponsible sims for abandoning their toddlers?  You know they would be if heaven forbid I left my toddlers at home with out a teen sibling, or a babysitter!
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Think of the children! (Bad Parenting in the Sims 3)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 28, 15:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this rather worrying last night.  I sent my adult sim off to town whilst the kids were in school.  She stopped by the bookstore, then took a fishing lesson, and finally stopped at the Bistro for a bite to eat.  While she was there a mother sim and her toddler came by.  At first the mother started teaching the kid to walk while other customers were milling about.  After a bit she stopped teaching the kid and started chatting up some guy.  I went to check on my kids, and left mom reading at the Bistro after her meal.  I came back a few sim hours later to check on mom.  She was still contentedly reading, and everyone else had wandered off, including the other sim mom leaving behind her toddler.

Now I've only seen this that one time so far, but it's got me wondering.  How many sims do this, and if these poor children some how magically know how find their way home.  Shouldn't Social Services be all over these irresponsible sims for abandoning their toddlers?  You know they would be if heaven forbid I left my toddlers at home with out a teen sibling, or a babysitter!

I noticed this as well. I sent a sim to the beach and there was a toddler left there for hours and hours. It was still there by 4am. I don't think they're reached by Social Services though....

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 28, 16:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen this too, and I think when the toddlers motives get too low they are magically transported to their house.  

I actually tried to see what would happen if I stole a toddler from a house. I think it was the grandmother, and she picked the toddler up and went to her own house.  I had her feed it and play with it and after a while the toddler just disappeared from the lot.  No harm done, it was happily at his house.  Looks like they are immune to neglect!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 28, 16:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are terrible parents, bringing their babies out in public like that, yes. Don't they know that this isn't appropriate? Someone could SEE them there! The list of potential witnesses quickly balloons out of control, and it rapidly becomes infeasible to kill them all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 28, 17:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are terrible parents, bringing their babies out in public like that, yes. Don't they know that this isn't appropriate? Someone could SEE them there! The list of potential witnesses quickly balloons out of control, and it rapidly becomes infeasible to kill them all.

Indeed. Post birth abortions FTW.
 Wink

sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 28, 19:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While playing the Bunches, I sent the Dad and one of his sons fishing and didn't realize the Dad was holding the new baby until I got a message that I couldn't leave the baby on the ground and asked if I wanted a babysitter to take it home.  I think that is the auto-magical way that the kids eventually get where they are supposed to be because sure enough the baby showed up on the floor in the entryway at home.

I've also noticed when sending my sims visiting their friends that frequently the toddlers are the only ones that show up as "home".  I guess neglect is not really an issue Smiley
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 28, 22:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this takes the cake.
Please note that the parents are not cut out the picture, they aren't in sight at all.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
zsangel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 28, 23:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol.  From the good ol' sim days of not being able to take the kiddies anywhere, now they can crawl off into the sunset on their own.  It is comforting to know though that I'm not the only one with horrible sim parents around town.
Toasty
Asinine Airhead

Heinous Batterwitch

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 29, 00:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please note that the parents are not cut out the picture, they aren't in sight at all.

What's disappointing is when a car runs over them, nothing happens. I wish there was "Death by Car."
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 29, 00:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's disappointing is when a car runs over them, nothing happens. I wish there was "Death by Car."

Definitely. Not enough death in TS3 at all.

Bring back baby BBQ!

Nin_the_Destroyer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 29, 02:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha ha. That picture up there does "take the cake". I have yet to see something like that.

I remember when my Sim went to the Sunflower Spa, (in Riverview), and since it's a rabbit-hole I had went to watch what other Sims were doing until my Sim was finished.

Well, here this Sim dad put his toddler down into the bushes and just left. He actually got into a car and left. I was shocked for a moment because I didn't think that would be allowed to happen in the game but I soon got over it because I kept seeing it soon thereafter.
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 29, 03:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least they taught him well enough to use the crosswalks. I be not wanting no jaywalking toddlers in my game.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 29, 05:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen toddlers crawling along the sidewalk near the park a few times, though I've never thought to select them so that I can see where they think they are going.  They can move pretty quickly, but I guess I would too if I were about to be poofed.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 29, 08:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"To be poofed".

If you let your toddlers roam, the Poofs might get them. The Poofs loves toddlers and small children. Om nom nom.

Beware the Poofs.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 29, 09:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's to cute, I wonder if the toddler was following his parents, knowing that thats the way they went.  I had something similar in game.
Mimic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 29, 10:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Chris Hansen of TS3 is working very hard to catch the Poof.
bartleby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 29, 12:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish toddlers could "jog to" once they had learned to walk.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 29, 13:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish toddlers could "jog to" once they had learned to walk.

That would be hilariously cute  Smiley

Domino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 29, 15:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had anything like this, in game, but at least with playable toddlers I try to age them up ASAP, because I'm not too keen on the early stages. Of course, now I have to experiment with kidlet and the poofs. Hmm, who can I impregnate...
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 29, 19:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try not to laugh when I'm websurfing at work.

This made it damn near impossible.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 29, 21:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed a toddler sitting all day in the yard across the street from my sim's house. I kept thinking, "Mountain lions... where are the mountain lions?"

Then, I organized a beach birthday party for one of my sims. I duly had the mom hire a babysitter. Next thing I know, she walks out of the house holding the squee larva, drops it next to the bar at the beach and leaves it there. I did tell her to pick it up before she went home, but she arrived at home without it. I figured it would die of hunger or diaper rash, as its icon was getting into the red. She went back and retrieved it, but after that, she had a glitch where she kept popping off the toilet or in the bed. I realized that she had a phantom baby and reset her.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 30, 20:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can haz cheezburger nao? I PROMEES TOO BEE GEWD! Smiley

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 30, 20:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I missing something in that pic?  Parents woohooing while their kids sleep is parenting fail?

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 30, 20:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I missing something in that pic?  Parents woohooing while their kids sleep is parenting fail?
Kids... sex, you don't get it?  Sad

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
SolaceDevotio
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 30, 20:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't get the pic either.  How do you think little brothers and sisters are born?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: