More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:11:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Wash your @#$%ing hands! No toilet geniuses! Some Toilet Mods
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wash your @#$%ing hands! No toilet geniuses! Some Toilet Mods  (Read 34553 times)
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
Wash your @#$%ing hands! No toilet geniuses! Some Toilet Mods
« on: 2009 June 28, 05:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps something is wrong with me, but I'm not neat by nature and sims not washing their hands after using the toilet just squicks me out.  Yes, expunge filth from your bowls and go on to stick your hands in your mouth.  Great job.

No toilet geniuses!  Plunging a toilet should not be great learnings for mechanical skill!  It is putting a rubber dome which is attached to a stick into a bowl of filthy water and pressing up and down again!  I have plunged many toilets!  I do not pretend I know how to fix a dishwasher cos I've plunged a toilet twenty times.  This mod decreases mechanical skill point gain from plunging toilets, decreases time it takes to plunge toilets (10 unskilled, 5 with >1 skill point), and both makes the game bother you about replacing the terlets later (50% rather than 15% breakability rating) and decreases the likelihood of most terlets breaking ("break" delta decreased from 2 and up to 1 for all terlets, starting values very slightly lowered). No toilets but the one unbreakable one are made unbreakable.

Installing these should be obvious now, so... yeah. The two mods are compatible with each other, should be compatible with my other mods (I'll be very confused if toilets mess with eating or sleeping) and Awesomeware.  They will probably not be compatible with other toilet mods, if there are any.

* washyourhands.zip (0.98 KB - downloaded 1061 times.)
* fasterplunginglesslearning.zip (2.05 KB - downloaded 698 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 June 28, 05:41:32 by Czezechael » Logged
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Wash your @#$%ing hands! No toilet geniuses! Some Toilet Mods
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 28, 05:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  The hand washing thing bugs me too.  However... is it disabled for Slobs?  I think they should be exempt.

Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 28, 06:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  The hand washing thing bugs me too.  However... is it disabled for Slobs?  I think they should be exempt.

Of course!  Slobs are filthy, unclean creatures, not destined at all for the holy land of not dying of easily stopped diseases.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 28, 06:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps something is wrong with me, but I'm not neat by nature and sims not washing their hands after using the toilet just squicks me out.  Yes, expunge filth from your bowls and go on to stick your hands in your mouth.  Great job.
Three engineers from different companies go to the men's room. The first engineer finishes, and carefully washes his hands, using paper towels to dry his hands completely, stating, "At my company, we are thorough.". The second engineer carefully washes his hands, and then using only one paper towel, carefully dries his hands using every bit of the towel, stating, "At my company, we are thorough and EFFICIENT.". The third engineer walks straight out the door without washing his hands, saying, "At my company, we don't pee on our hands."

Bleh. Now I have to add a compensator check to stop this behavior so it doesn't interfere with AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 28, 07:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, urine is one thing - urine is sterile, urine is warm, urine is pungent, but pretty much every sim sits down on the toilet.  Admittedly there is no wiping, but it is implied.
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 28, 07:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno about yall, but when I wipe I do not place my bare fingers onto or in my anus...
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 28, 08:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's more a matter of proximity and medium than anything else, as well as basic good hygiene.  If you don't want the mod, that's fine, you don't have to use the mod.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 28, 09:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you wanted to be truly anally retentive, you should actually close the lid of the toilet entirely before flushing - fecal particles and bacteria have been proven to be propelled up to 2 metres (roughly 6 ft 6 in) in all directions away from the toilet when you flush.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 28, 09:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is true, but acting on it is, of course, contingent on wanting to be that anally retentive.  I'd rather just put the toilet in its on little toilet room.  Washing hands is just a generally good idea for a lot of things, though antibacterials are of questionable long-term merit.

If only a truly anally retentive version were possible - lid down prior to flushing in addition to hand washing.  Then and only then could sims be truly clean.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 28, 10:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims washes their hands after every loo break. Its possibly the neat trait, but I dont recall exactly which traits she has. I dont think sims do number 2s, only number 1s. The men stand up every time. Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 28, 10:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you wanted to be truly anally retentive, you should actually close the lid of the toilet entirely before flushing - fecal particles and bacteria have been proven to be propelled up to 2 metres (roughly 6 ft 6 in) in all directions away from the toilet when you flush.
If you really wanted to be that way, closing the lid has, statistically, not been shown to help at all because the lid does not seal airtight. What you SHOULD do is drop a plasma grenade in and run.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 28, 10:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The men stand up every time. Tongue

... Gott im Himmel, I need to pay more attention when playing male sims.  Do they, really?

And washing hands after every use means that they have the neat trait, unless you're using this mod.  Then it just means they are not a slob.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 28, 10:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you really wanted to be that way, closing the lid has, statistically, not been shown to help at all because the lid does not seal airtight. What you SHOULD do is drop a plasma grenade in and run.

You really do love your plasma grenades, don't you FOJ? Tongue

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 28, 12:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use paper towels or dryers, but I do wash. I just don't want to touch something that thousands of unknowns have touched right after I wash my hands. I use my sleeve to open the door and then air dry.

Sims don't have diseases and will eat raw potatoes. Somehow I doubt they'd mind a little urine taste.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 28, 14:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use paper towels or dryers, but I do wash. I just don't want to touch something that thousands of unknowns have touched right after I wash my hands. I use my sleeve to open the door and then air dry.

I recently read on some baby-site (cuz I has one so that was the scope) that new studies have shown that bacteria is less often transferred from parent to child when they wash and dry their hands often rather than if they just wash and don't dry. Don't remember the reasoning for it, though. It just came to mind.
thebigdog
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 28, 15:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently read on some baby-site (cuz I has one so that was the scope) that new studies have shown that bacteria is less often transferred from parent to child when they wash and dry their hands often rather than if they just wash and don't dry. Don't remember the reasoning for it, though. It just came to mind.

My only guess is the moisture still on your hands brings a jerkstore full of germs back as soon as you touch the door knob or whatever else is in the bathroom. Dryer hands might not attract as much upon contact with various objects. I think its a good idea to cycle towels into your laundry at least once or twice a week though.
Also, I always use anti-bacteria soap which I definitely recommend 1) because it kills most of the germs and 2) because I work for a soap company.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 28, 15:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only guess is the moisture still on your hands brings a jerkstore full of germs back as soon as you touch the door knob or whatever else is in the bathroom.

This might have some merit, but as far as I know it's mainly because tap water has more bacteria in it.  Drying your hands off sort of helps sop them off.  I used to be a science teacheroid and used to do a hand washing lesson, we'd use agar plates and test no soap vs. with soap.  Soap with drying had the least, of course, but drying hands still reduced manual bacterial load considerably if you were just rubbing your hands together under the tap.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 28, 15:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They should be brushing their teeth more often too!

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 28, 15:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What you SHOULD do is drop a plasma grenade in and run.

That would be a little expensive in terms of plumbing gear consumption  Tongue.

Washing hands is ok of course; anyway I wouldn't mind some germs around: you should keep your immune system well-trained.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 28, 17:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, ever since TS1 I always just had my sims use the toilet, then immediately hop into the shower. Heck many times I don't even bother having sinks in my sims homes. I just find it more efficient that way. Realistic no, efficient, yes.

In this game how much of a hygiene benefit do you get from handwashing? I feel like showering is faster and more thorough, but I could just be going on past games where handwashing gave you a puny boost so what's the point? Might as well hop in the shower and get it over with.

Now I will say that brushing teeth actually has some benefit in this game since you get the minty fresh breath moodlet that increases your mood a bit.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 28, 18:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, ever since TS1 I always just had my sims use the toilet, then immediately hop into the shower. Heck many times I don't even bother having sinks in my sims homes. I just find it more efficient that way. Realistic no, efficient, yes.

Since I first started playing the game, way back in the day, on a PS1, this is exactly what I've done, too. Every sim follows the same exact routine every day for their entire lives: Wake up, eat, poop, shower, live, eat, poop, bed, then repeat. When space is at a premium, I don't bother with sinks, but once they've "made it", I usually put them in for realism, even if they don't use them.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 28, 19:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I will say that brushing teeth actually has some benefit in this game since you get the minty fresh breath moodlet that increases your mood a bit.

I've been looking into a way to increase autonomy of this but I've honestly got no idea, the only mod I've made for it so far made the game stupid.

Washing hands bumps the hygiene bar up a bit, so it's pretty dandy for dirt defiant sims (and not that bad for other varieties).  Sinks can get pretty respectable hygiene ratings now, though the animation is short.

I tend to have them shower after utilising toilets, but I can't yet figure out a way to make an enqueued shower override hand washing (a la twojeff's hand washing mod for TS2).
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 28, 21:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have a plasma grenade, a Willy Pete makes a good second choice.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 28, 22:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't know we had so many germophobes on this site, The only time I wash my hands is when I am about to eat something, but doubt it helps much considering I must turn off the faucet which the knobs are likely covered in germs.

edit: Not that I got anything against the mod, just found it interesting some people's stories of cleanliness.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 29, 00:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My immune system sees any foreign contaminate and decides to kill it with fire. I'd rather not live my entire life with a low-grade fever, thank you.

My only guess is the moisture still on your hands brings a jerkstore full of germs back as soon as you touch the door knob or whatever else is in the bathroom. Dryer hands might not attract as much upon contact with various objects. I think its a good idea to cycle towels into your laundry at least once or twice a week though.
Also, I always use anti-bacteria soap which I definitely recommend 1) because it kills most of the germs and 2) because I work for a soap company.
Yeah, that's why I use my sleeve. It cracks me up when I see someone take so much care to wash their hands thoroughly, then touch a towel dispenser knob that's been around the block and back, then grasp a door handle with their hands that a bunch of dirty-handed kids and adults have just touched.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: