More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 13:39:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.  (Read 239360 times)
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.
« Reply #250 on: 2009 November 18, 19:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having a lot of problem with Error Code 12 and 13 complete with crashes. It happened with and without custom content and mods. It happened with and without aging and story progression running.  I tried deleting all the caches and still it happened. It seemed to happen during weeks 14-16 of Sim play regardless of all my effots. I read on the Forum to delete the files in WorldCaches. I did so and the Error Codes 12, 13 and the random crashes stopped. I've been able to play through Sim Week 60 with no problem.  But the files in the WorldCaches folder didn't automatically regenerate. Is this a problem?

I can't easily find the WorldCaches folder, but I haven't searched as hard as I could.  It would be great if something like this turned out to be the answer.  Once I find that folder, can anyone give a reason I shouldn't delete the files in it?
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2009 November 18, 20:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't easily find the WorldCaches folder, but I haven't searched as hard as I could.  It would be great if something like this turned out to be the answer.  Once I find that folder, can anyone give a reason I shouldn't delete the files in it?
The WorldCaches folder is in Documents\ Elecronic Arts\ The Sims 3. If you have deleted the Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Caches\ Sunset Valley.objectCache file, as suggested elsewhere in this thread, then you will have cache files for Sunset Valley in there. If you didn't delete that file then the game will instead use the four caches in Documents\ Elecronic Arts\ The Sims 3, instead of in the WorldCaches folder.  If you also have Riverview, then you will have Riverview Caches in there too. As with any cache they can be safely deleted, although the game may lag on next play as the caches rebuild. If you are patched to 1.6 or have WA installed then I would advise that you restore the Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Caches\ Sunset Valley.objectCache file; the game seems to use the caches differently and will still use the Documents\ Elecronic Arts\ The Sims 3 \scriptCache.package file even if you have the Sunset Valley.objectCache file deleted. I would delete all caches if you add/ remove mods too, as script mods/ core mods will need a refresh of the script cache (Documents\ Elecronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ WorldCaches\ Riverview_objects.package and Riverview_sims.package for Riverview; Documents\ Elecronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ scriptCache.package for Sunset).
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2009 November 18, 21:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The WorldCaches folder is in Documents\ Elecronic Arts\ The Sims 3. If you have deleted the Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Caches\ Sunset Valley.objectCache file, as suggested elsewhere in this thread, then you will have cache files for Sunset Valley in there. If you didn't delete that file then the game will instead use the four caches in Documents\ Elecronic Arts\ The Sims 3, instead of in the WorldCaches folder.

Thanks.  I think I had deleted that file (the sunsetvalletobjectcache one) and then restored it later from my CD because of some sort of problem, but I just moved it to my secondary drive (so I can easily restore it if I have to) and I'll see if it works to fix the save problems.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009 November 18, 22:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to make myself clear, I'm not suggesting that you remove that file if you have updated your game to 1.6/ 2.6:
If you are patched to 1.6 or have WA installed then I would advise that you restore the Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Caches\ Sunset Valley.objectCache file
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2009 November 18, 23:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fine on that count, as I don't have the new EP or the new patch yet.

I probably won't get them until my mods (mainly AM, as most-- including CC, of which I have a lot-- of the rest likely will be compatible, although some tuning mods-- most of which I made for myself-- may have to be updated as the files they override mayl have been) are compatible with them.

As of my recent attempt to play, deleting that file seems really not to have made a difference.  Error 12 was still there.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 18, 23:16:14 by Anonym » Logged
Nin_the_Destroyer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2009 November 20, 11:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I haven't posted here for a long time but I do frequently come back here to read any new posts.

The error codes still persisted however even after I followed all the advice/tips given in this thread. I mean, it was a temporary fix but they would also return.

And now I can't even install my World Adventures expansion. (Yes, I saw that thread here.) I'm gonna give up on TS3 for the time being and go play Dragon Age.  Cheesy

But I'll come back here and read this thread along with that WA installation problem thread.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2009 November 20, 13:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting contents of WorldCache folder = no difference for me, still got E12.
Upgrading to 1.6.6 then 1.7.9 = no difference, still got E12.

Good to see EA is on top of things.  Roll Eyes
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2009 November 20, 20:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems WA solved my saving problem.. for a while.
At least I can play and save! Wow..
Nin_the_Destroyer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009 November 20, 21:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh heh, at least you were able to actually play WA Lorea.

I can't even install mine.  Angry
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2009 November 21, 17:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh heh, at least you were able to actually play WA Lorea.

I can't even install mine.  Angry

Ok, but I suffered for it enough.. I couldn't play with the base game for 3 months!!
In the first month the game closed itself after 10-40 minutes. When I could solve that then came error 12 and 13 every time and I couldn't play at all for 2 months!
So don't envy me.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2009 November 24, 05:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just got an error 12 while attempting to save in China. Tongue
Just installed awesomemod beta, maybe that triggered it somehow...
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009 November 24, 16:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: This error 12 was quite different from the others. Easy to detect, and easy to save afterwards.
By simply bulldozing one of the 34x42 lots next to the main temple in china, and replacing with the lot below, the game threw an error 12 every time out of like 7 tries. By bulldozing the suspected lot, saving was possible.
An older version of the lot worked no problem. Strange.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lnoc8i

===============================
Update: This is apparently a translation of the official word of what error 12 is:

Code 12
This device can not find enough free resources that it can use. If you're using them, you must disable one of the other devices on this system.

(Code 12)

Cause

This error can occur when two devices that are installed on your computer the same I / O ports, the same break, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, operating system, or both) have been allocated. This error message can also appear if the BIOS is not enough resources allocated to the device.

Recommended solution

You can Troubleshooting Wizard in Device Manager to determine where the conflict is, and then disable the conflicting device.

Disable the conflicting device

1. In the Properties dialog on the General tab.
2. Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers you give.
3. Follow the steps through the wizard offered to the problem 
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 21:07:16 by tizerist » Logged
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2009 November 24, 21:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the patch (and also with WA), 90% of my E12 and E13 have been replaced with CTD during save.  Woohoo!  Roll Eyes
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2009 November 25, 19:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting error 12 a lot now, It used to be only error 13 I got with the odd error 12 every now and then.

But ever since I installed world adventures the other day I've been getting error 12 nonstop.

Why isn't EA addressing these issues? Or at least telling us what they're about and giving possible solutions. (Or doing anything at all about it)

Disable the conflicting device

1. In the Properties dialog on the General tab.
2. Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers you give.
3. Follow the steps through the wizard offered to the problem 

Where is this? I can't find the Device Driver Troubleshoot anywhere.....plus the device drivers window doesn't have a general tab (or any tabs at all)
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 19:31:23 by Sabrewulf » Logged
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009 November 25, 19:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is this?
Someone from customsims3forums got a dutch EA reply. Thats the translation.
Can't find the original post but its there somewhere.
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2009 November 25, 20:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder why dutch EA can give out these answers and our EA seems to be completely mute on the matter.  Roll Eyes

Is it ok to delete the files in the cache folders? I heard someone say they deleted them and have managed to save the game properly. I might try that.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 20:13:23 by Sabrewulf » Logged
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009 November 26, 03:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just verified, That after getting E12s and E13s, you can save without problems when you go on vacation. The game will utilize the cache for the destination selected.

Also adding the NRaas Story Progression does increase chances of E12s and E13s. But without any 3rd party story driver, the game has booted out lots of the sims in my nieghborhood and committed Pedocide. Almost half of my toddlers and kids were killed off by the EA story driver every sim day.

Also noted with a over population of childrens and teens, they don't go to school since they are all stuck at the entrance. Some get in lucky the others just wander out to town after 2-3 hours of trying to get in.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2009 November 26, 08:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno if anyones seen this but heres a list of all error meanings. Although it can be vague.
Notice how error 16 didn't exist when the article was written.

http://press-f1.co.uk/2009/06/13/the-sims-3-crashing-and-corrupt-save-files/
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2009 November 27, 04:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno if anyones seen this but heres a list of all error meanings. Although it can be vague.
Notice how error 16 didn't exist when the article was written.

http://press-f1.co.uk/2009/06/13/the-sims-3-crashing-and-corrupt-save-files/
Error 16 is a new error from world adventures that article was written back in June. I've seen this list before when I started having error 12s.

those error code descriptions are written in general technical terms because there are a lot of sources why that error would occur. I think it'll take a huge amount of time just to explain or be specific on the cause of the errors, I figure there are multitudes of factors that will cause errors from machine specs to custom contents to player misuse. On the other hand, they probably don't know either what's really causing it.
mctavish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2009 November 29, 19:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, just had an error 13 after an hour or two of non-saving work (aka. foolishness).  Tried deleting the ".bad" versions and the save itself, then making a new one, which caused the game to CTD.  Lovely.

Oh, and now my other save refuses to load.

I think this may be the last straw.  Good thing the price was right on this game, at least.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2009 November 29, 20:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just verified, That after getting E12s and E13s, you can save without problems when you go on vacation. The game will utilize the cache for the destination selected.

I definitely do NOT recommend doing this.  This worked for my wife, but when I tried it, it somehow saved a corrupted Riverview without crashing, appearing to work properly.  Then when returning from vacation, it would CTD every single time.  Since it saved properly on vacation, it also backed up the corrupted Riverview over my last good backup forcing me to use a 3-day old Windows Shadow Copy backup.  Had it not been for the fact that I leave my computer running for hours, I wouldn't have had any backups at all and would have had to start over from scratch - losing the last 6 months of progress.

Moral of the story is you're taking a HUGE risk trying to get past E12/13 by sending them on vacation and saving there.  It may work, or it may irreparably grenade your town.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2009 November 30, 01:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep getting a CTD randomly while just playing. I can save just fine, but it seems like after a few minutes, the game crashes for no apparent reason, and I'm on XP. Tongue

My sims were just standing around talking to each other and wump! CTD. It's getting annoying. I thought maybe the new patch would help, but it hasn't.
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2009 November 30, 14:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I was getting random CTD in WA was, I believe, due to a custom hair.   Been playing with out CTD's then suddenly was getting them.   Realized I had put back in a couple custom hairs around the time the CTD started. I've been feeding my CC back in a bit at a time to catch crap like this.    Took out one of them - an Abby pooklet'ed hair from GOS.   Kept getting CTD's.   Put Abby's hair back in and took out the file with Dreadlocks and Braided Ponytail, also from GOS but the name of the creator escapes me.   Haven't had a CTD since.   I was using the Dreads and Braided hairs before WA without problems.   *shrug* I give up on anything making sense anymore with this EP.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: 2009 November 30, 15:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am very suspicious of the custom hairs. I will do some testing, taking them out - some of them also look really weird after installing the expansion. They did something to the heads of the sims, me thinks.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2009 December 01, 04:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely do NOT recommend doing this.  This worked for my wife, but when I tried it, it somehow saved a corrupted Riverview without crashing, appearing to work properly.  Then when returning from vacation, it would CTD every single time.  Since it saved properly on vacation, it also backed up the corrupted Riverview over my last good backup forcing me to use a 3-day old Windows Shadow Copy backup.  Had it not been for the fact that I leave my computer running for hours, I wouldn't have had any backups at all and would have had to start over from scratch - losing the last 6 months of progress.

Moral of the story is you're taking a HUGE risk trying to get past E12/13 by sending them on vacation and saving there.  It may work, or it may irreparably grenade your town.

Interesting, mine worked. The mysteries of the Error 12 never ceases.

I did however had some interesting findings when I installed the updated Awesomemod (11/28 build I think) After returning from Vacation I had a CTD at 1am ( didn't know at the time that it was an issue on that build) So I tried using Nukeimpostors and I got 38 sims out of 1 household impostors and also with Destorycorruptsims, I got my first corrupt sim. Checking the town inhabitants I noticed that the corrupt and impostor sims are the same sims that the vanilla WA game also deleted. I don't know yet if there is a relation or just a coincidence.

The only time I was getting random CTD in WA was, I believe, due to a custom hair.   Been playing with out CTD's then suddenly was getting them.   Realized I had put back in a couple custom hairs around the time the CTD started. I've been feeding my CC back in a bit at a time to catch crap like this.    Took out one of them - an Abby pooklet'ed hair from GOS.   Kept getting CTD's.   Put Abby's hair back in and took out the file with Dreadlocks and Braided Ponytail, also from GOS but the name of the creator escapes me.   Haven't had a CTD since.   I was using the Dreads and Braided hairs before WA without problems.   *shrug* I give up on anything making sense anymore with this EP.

I remember that the first Custom Hair by peggy did have an issue with CTD. I believe it has to do with the polycounts. perhaps the dreadlock and braided ponytail uses more resources than what your machine can which results to CTD. With WA, perhaps there are additional items in your neighborhood which added with the dreadlocks causes your game to crash.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: