More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:08:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Config - Stylish
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Config - Stylish  (Read 54284 times)
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
AwesomeMod Config - Stylish
« on: 2009 June 26, 13:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a little something to make it easier on the eyes for Firefox users. Copy this into a new Stylish script. You can adjust the background colour or font settings for these scripts to your own liking.  

#This is visual change that only affects the AwesomeConfig for those with Stylish installed.

Blue Background

Code:
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document url("http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/config.php") {

/* set background color */
html {
  background: #253960 !important;
}

/* body padding & fonts*/
body {
  color: #FFFFFF !important;
  font-family: Sans-Serif !important;
  padding: 0 2em !important;
  font-size:20px;
}

table {
 font-size:18px !important;
}

p {
 font-size:14px !important;
}

/* link colors */
a:link,
#Comments .CommentHeader span a {
  color: #82BDFF !important;
  text-decoration: none !important;
}
a:visited,
#Comments .CommentHeader span a:visited {
  color: #72DFAD !important;
}
a:hover {
  text-decoration: underline !important;
}
}

Black Background.

Code:

@-moz-document url("http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/config.php") {

html {
  background: #222222 !important;
}

body {
  font-size:20px;
}

table {
 font-size:18px !important;
}

p {
 font-size:14px !important;
}

/* link colors */
}
}
}
}
« Last Edit: 2009 July 29, 10:52:01 by Anach » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Config - Stylish
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 26, 13:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Persuade me that this is better than what I already have and tell me how to integrate this and I might consider it. Screenshots!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 26, 16:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I got from it:

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss306/capnswooptie/aweconfig.png
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 26, 16:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin I like the pretty blue colors, but my eyes being as they are, smaller print does not help. Functionality trumps pretty.  Nice job, anyway.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 26, 16:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin I like the pretty blue colors, but my eyes being as they are, smaller print does not help. Functionality trumps pretty.  Nice job, anyway.

Add this to the Styish script:

P {font-size:150%}

I don't have FF so I can't test.
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 26, 17:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, serif fonts are easier to read than sans-serif
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 26, 18:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Persuade me that this is better than what I already have and tell me how to integrate this and I might consider it. Screenshots!

All you would have to do is change the background colour and possibly invert the font colours in whatever software you use to create the page. Colour choice is up to you. It's personal choice really. I simply dont like white pages. The only bright white light I wish to stare into is at the end of my days Tongue

The fancy buttons that are shown in the screenshot above are done by the theme used on firefox or the OS the poster uses, I didnt touch those.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 26, 18:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bleh, but I like my white page. It's traditional. It gives it that crisp, sterile, purely-functional look.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 26, 18:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok here is one that allows you to edit the font sizes of each section in percentages (saves messing with em or px). I've already set it to suit my own screen res, so adjust it for yourself, but this should take care of the small fonts on the descriptions. Change whatever you wish. However, keep in mind that with percentages, it will be a percentage of the parent setting, rather than a fixed size. If you dont want to use percentage, just change the % to px and specify the pixel size of the font.

Code:

html {
  background: #253960 !important;
}

body {
  font-size:110%;
}

/* Selection titles */
table {
 font-size:115% !important;
}

/* Descriptions */
p {
 font-size:65% !important;
}

/* link colors */
}
}
}
}
« Last Edit: 2009 June 29, 12:19:40 by Anach » Logged

Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 26, 20:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running Firefox and I do not find the page hard on the eyes at all.  I prefer the page white as it is and find your changes hard on the eyes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 26, 21:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, serif fonts are easier to read than sans-serif

I disagree, for me, the reverse is true.

I also prefer black text on white page, although the white on blue is not too bad - certainly not when compared with the neon_on_black some web designers use, that's just criminal and makes me see coloured spots. I no longer bother to read pages in that format.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 26, 22:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running Firefox and I do not find the page hard on the eyes at all.  I prefer the page white as it is and find your changes hard on the eyes.

I have to agree, I find the white background easy to look at, and the blue makes my eyes hurt. I like crisp, functional web pages.
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 26, 23:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not good enough that you have an Awesome config tool to adjust every detail of AwesomeMod.

And it's not good enough because of the colors?

Maybe we need a config tool for the config tool.  Would you be happy then?
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 26, 23:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto for me... as my eyes are a bit older than the average S3 Simmer... and the purely functional look is best...  Wink   Grin

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 26, 23:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... as my eyes are a bit older than the average S3 Simmer...

Don't bet on that round here.

kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 26, 23:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people just have to complain about everything. 
Don't like the decor you know how to find the door.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 27, 02:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think anyone here is suggesting a change to the page. It's all about personal choice and that is where Stylish is very handy. There are many different monitors, many different computers and many different people out there, all of which perform and perform differently, and prefer different things. Which is why you all disagree with each for various reasons. There is no Correct way, its simply preference.

If you guys want to keep the white page but wish to change font sizes, then take out the font and background colour changes in the script. While zoom page works for fonts, it doesnt allow for individual adjustment as in stylish.

The main reason I wished to change the background colour, is because I spend many hours staring at this screen, and late at night my eyes get a bit tired, so looking at a bright white light in a dimly lit room gets a little much. Also at high res those fonts do get a little small. I posted this script here so others can make use of it in any way they wish.

One of the many reasons i Prefer FF over hangy crashy IE. Google and IE got a similar treatment Smiley

I guess for IE users, you could do much the same with a greasemonkey script.

awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 27, 02:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't like what Pescado made, then make your own config page which will create the xml file and put it in a nice little package for you.
Then you can put out the money to pay for a forum somewhere else and post your neat colorful config tool which nobody here wants.
Function trumps the hell out of fashion.  We care that AWESOMEMOD works, that the config tool works and don't give a shit if the colors Pescado decided to use make your eyes bleed.  Heck, I wouldn't care if they made my eyes bleed... I don't plan on looking at them for hours on end, but rather just long enough to do what needs done.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 27, 03:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's harsh. The OP was offering to share something. Some are interested, some are not, but I understand their reason for posting it and there's nothing wrong with that.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 27, 03:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't like what Pescado made, then make your own config page which will create the xml file and put it in a nice little package for you.
Then you can put out the money to pay for a forum somewhere else and post your neat colorful config tool which nobody here wants.
Function trumps the hell out of fashion.  We care that AWESOMEMOD works, that the config tool works and don't give a shit if the colors Pescado decided to use make your eyes bleed.  Heck, I wouldn't care if they made my eyes bleed... I don't plan on looking at them for hours on end, but rather just long enough to do what needs done.

Please read the post above yours.

awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 27, 03:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, I wasn't aiming for harsh, merely blunt.  Anach posted a suggestion which was commented on adversely by several people, including El Presidente.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting a change to the page.

However, that is exactly what is being suggested by the person who posted that.  When someone says "I'm not saying you're doing it wrong, but here's how you are supposed to do that" it doesn't sit well with me.  

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 27, 03:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, that is exactly what is being suggested by the person who posted that.  When someone says "I'm not saying you're doing it wrong, but here's how you are supposed to do that" it doesn't sit well with me.
Then why the fuck are you at this website? Don't you take offense at the fact that there are mods here that change what EA made? Why don't you give Pescado the same shit you're giving Anach? Using your logic, he should make a new people simulator game from scratch because modifying the Sims is telling people "I'm not saying you're doing it wrong, but here's how you are supposed to do that." Roll Eyes

The fact that Anach posted a stylish script doesn't affect you AT ALL. He didn't tell Pescado to modify anything, he was simply offering something up for people to use.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 27, 03:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, I wasn't aiming for harsh, merely blunt.  Anach posted a suggestion which was commented on adversely by several people, including El Presidente.

You've missed the point. The OP was saying, 'if you want to look at the page differently, here's how'. And please spare me the 'El Presidente said so' too, we've seen plenty of suckups before.

altus
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 27, 03:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, that is exactly what is being suggested by the person who posted that.  When someone says "I'm not saying you're doing it wrong, but here's how you are supposed to do that" it doesn't sit well with me.
Then why the fuck are you at this website? Don't you take offense at the fact that there are mods here that change what EA made? Why don't you give Pescado the same shit you're giving Anach? Using your logic, he should make a new people simulator game from scratch because modifying the Sims is telling people "I'm not saying you're doing it wrong, but here's how you are supposed to do that." Roll Eyes

The fact that Anach posted a stylish script doesn't affect you AT ALL. He didn't tell Pescado to modify anything, he was simply offering something up for people to use.
True. Don't like it? Don't use it. Simple. I like it tho.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 27, 03:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, I wasn't aiming for harsh, merely blunt.  Anach posted a suggestion which was commented on adversely by several people, including El Presidente.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting a change to the page.

However, that is exactly what is being suggested by the person who posted that.  When someone says "I'm not saying you're doing it wrong, but here's how you are supposed to do that" it doesn't sit well with me.  

You're certainly interpreting it in a negative way, when all that was actually done, was that I posted a stylish script that allows the individual to tailor the font and colour choice of that page. At no time was it stated that "this must change to suit my needs!". If I wanted to do that, I wouldnt have bothered creating a script to alter it, i would have made a request instead. The reason this came about is mostly because my new 24 inch LCD is a little bright at 4AM when i'm tired, nothing more.

Like a mod for a game is one persons preference and attempt to make the game suit their own desires, the stylish script is nothing more than a mod for a web site to adjust it to suit the users preference. The fact that it's created is not a demand upon the original author, no more than your teen pregnancy mod is a demand that EA change Sims 3, or that every person must have it the way you prefer. Its all simply choice.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: