More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 14:09:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  What are the "NPC" households listed when I do ListHomeless?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What are the "NPC" households listed when I do ListHomeless?  (Read 9710 times)
shannong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
What are the "NPC" households listed when I do ListHomeless?
« on: 2009 July 09, 06:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have searched every string I can think of globally across all the forums here, but I can't find mention of something I'm sure I read something before about other people reporting this here. I vaguely recall a reference to "the star people" problem. But damned if I can find it again with any search of this site.

So I just started using ListHomeless to see whether I need to do any manual cleanup (giving them money, trying to force a move in, making sure there are enough empty houses with beds, etc.). But I see only 2 people with a named household ($20,000) and 35-ish people with the household name "NPC" and only $5000. What's the deal with those "NPC" people listed by ListHomeless?  Is it save to nuke them? And how?  I look all over the map and every sim I find out in public is named.

Help a brudda out here with some learnings!
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
Re: What are the "NPC" households listed when I do ListHomeless?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 09, 06:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have searched every string I can think of globally across all the forums here, but I can't find mention of something I'm sure I read something before about other people reporting this here. I vaguely recall a reference to "the star people" problem. But damned if I can find it again with any search of this site.

So I just started using ListHomeless to see whether I need to do any manual cleanup (giving them money, trying to force a move in, making sure there are enough empty houses with beds, etc.). But I see only 2 people with a named household ($20,000) and 35-ish people with the household name "NPC" and only $5000. What's the deal with those "NPC" people listed by ListHomeless?  Is it save to nuke them? And how?  I look all over the map and every sim I find out in public is named.

Help a brudda out here with some learnings!

Basic stuff.

NPC's are "non-player characters"...maids, firemen, grim reaper, etc.  You can kill them with "destroyallnpcs" (check the help command for exact wording) and the game will simply regenerate fresh ones as needed.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 09, 06:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, NPCs are maids, mailpeople, newpaper deliverers, repairpeople, repomen, and the like. I also recall reading that the game will create them to use as coworkers for your playable sims. NPCs are not the same as townies AFAICT. I used the console command "destroyalltownies" with debugging enabled, and the NPCs still showed up under "listhomeless."

Edit: ninja'd!

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 09, 06:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, coworkers and their ilk are regular sims both with and without homes. NPCs are the service NPCs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
shannong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 09, 18:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am now full of learnings and gratitudes
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 10, 08:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, even if you cheat them NPC households a bucket load of money and create a house they can afford with enough docking ports/beds they will not move in.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 10, 22:49:03 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
shannong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 10, 15:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, even if you cheat them a bucket load of money and create a house they can afford with enough docking ports/beds they will not move in.

They will if you subsequently force them to move into a house they can afford (and which has enough slots for them) by using "runstoryaction Move In Household". You need to have EnableDebugCommands = True for that to work though.  I did it just last night to the one homeless family that was in my game.
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 10, 16:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Mim meant that the NPC's can't be moved to houses.
shannong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 10, 22:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Mim meant that the NPC's can't be moved to houses.

Ah, yes that makes sense. Sorry 'bout that Wink
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 10, 22:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, sorry for not being more clear on that - I did mean that NPC's will not move into houses even though they meet the 'normal' requirements.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: