More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:40:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch released.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch released.  (Read 139713 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Patch released.
« Reply #175 on: 2009 July 07, 09:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm SURE you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but did you not amend your Awesomemod so that it would be compatible with the patch?  That to me would mean that there was a pre-patch version.
Nope. AwesomeMod has always been compatible with the patch. Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.

I'll repeat the information in the hope that someone will be able to guide me through what to do with my version.

Version number is 1.0.615.00107 and I'm on Windows XP.
Get a new version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 July 07, 12:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point is, if you have version .615, you either did not buy it but are too much of an idiot to admit it, or you are an idiot and bought it from a flea market that happily took your money for the non-retail version.

No, Roflganger, I repeat I am not an idiot, I am quite happy to admit that I have a less than legal version.  The second is correct.  I did buy it from a flea market and have had absolutely no problems with it crashing or otherwise as a million others have had with their 'legal' versions.

Clueless idiots are still idiots.
No, they are just information-challenged.  I have read through ALL the posts on patches in this forum and MTS and still have not been able to find a solution to my problem, so I am not just trying to be spoonfed.

Get a new version.

Not rich enough.  
So are you basically saying that I am going to have to live with the slow speed forever? That there are no changes that I can make to the registry (wherever that is) to be able to download the patch?  I thought this site was about helping people.  It seems that it is all about insulting people.    
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 July 07, 12:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Roflganger, I repeat I am not an idiot, I am quite happy to admit that I have a less than legal version.  The second is correct.  I did buy it from a flea market and have had absolutely no problems with it crashing or otherwise as a million others have had with their 'legal' versions.
In other words, you're a chump who PAID for a pirated version. That is the dumbest of the dumb. Pirate Cat does not pay for his downloads.

So are you basically saying that I am going to have to live with the slow speed forever? That there are no changes that I can make to the registry (wherever that is) to be able to download the patch?  I thought this site was about helping people.  It seems that it is all about insulting people.
The version you have is simply incomplete and there are no patches to fix that. You actually paid for a pirated copy of something, and the only thing we can really do is laugh at you. Go pirate a real one!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Brick_town
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 July 07, 13:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Roflganger, I repeat I am not an idiot, I am quite happy to admit that I have a less than legal version.  The second is correct.  I did buy it from a flea market and have had absolutely no problems with it crashing or otherwise as a million others have had with their 'legal' versions.
In other words, you're a chump who PAID for a pirated version. That is the dumbest of the dumb. Pirate Cat does not pay for his downloads.

So are you basically saying that I am going to have to live with the slow speed forever? That there are no changes that I can make to the registry (wherever that is) to be able to download the patch?  I thought this site was about helping people.  It seems that it is all about insulting people.
The version you have is simply incomplete and there are no patches to fix that. You actually paid for a pirated copy of something, and the only thing we can really do is laugh at you. Go pirate a real one!

All i have to say is J. M. Pescado you are my idol.. that has to be some of the best responses i have ever seen... Audrey just do what everyone did, which was not pay for the damn thing if your gonna be a pirate do it the right way, if you can't afford to buy a new one then do what you should have done in the first place and Use Google!

EDIT: Spelling mistake!

I think I'm lost!
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 July 07, 13:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the interest of fairness, I will point out that in South Africa, downloading the game is actually not a less expensive alternative to buying it outright, since the price for 5.5 gigs worth of bandwidth exceeds the actual price of the game, and even the fastest DSL connection is slow.  Paying someone the equivalent of about $8 USD for their pirated version does make financial sense here.

Paying money for a pirated version of the NON-RETAIL version, however, is stupid.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 July 07, 17:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the moral of the story is that when you pirate, you know you are taking a risk that you won't be able to patch or that what you have might be borked or have a virus tagged on. It happens less and less these days. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. In any case, you can't really bitch to anyone except who you got the pirated copy from. We can't fix your lack of research.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 July 07, 17:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too, am stuck at 81% at the launcher...... T.T moved out mods,  un-installed & re-installed a bajillion times, have store bought game, right version #'s etc...  about to try the gasoline and matches next on this thing ...

Mr. Pescado, I blame you and your awesome mod for all o this T.T it's just too awesome to just do without, and leave the game unpatched...

^_^ Okay, just wanted to say I got it working!!! *yay* , i had tried un-installing like 8 times, never worked, thought I had cleared out mods etc, but for some reason still got hungup at the launcher part.... So, wandering back to the EA troubleshooting site expecting useless info, found their manual un-install intructions, http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22226 tried that, and it worked fine =)

so yeah... just wanted to mention it..... lol T.T Now I'll have fun starting over as I didnt backup any of my save data... ah well

« Last Edit: 2009 July 07, 19:17:52 by kawaiimiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Shai Hulud
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 July 07, 18:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the moral of the story is that when you pirate, you know you are taking a risk that you won't be able to patch or that what you have might be borked or have a virus tagged on. It happens less and less these days. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. In any case, you can't really bitch to anyone except who you got the pirated copy from. We can't fix your lack of research.

When there's big patches, there will be a torrent released of it, usually. You just download it in the installer and turn your internet off, simple. Viruses aren't that big of a deal, if you have a half decent anti-virus.

But you're right, getting yourself a virus isn't anyone's fault but their own. They know they take a risk getting torrent'd games, and should know how to handle the consequences.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009 July 07, 18:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When there's big patches, there will be a torrent released of it, usually. You just download it in the installer and turn your internet off, simple. Viruses aren't that big of a deal, if you have a half decent anti-virus.

But you're right, getting yourself a virus isn't anyone's fault but their own. They know they take a risk getting torrent'd games, and should know how to handle the consequences.
I'm specifically referring to someone in Audrey's case, who got the beta version of the game and seemingly has no option to get the full one. Our resources are vastly different. We have the option to redownload another torrent of the correct version. She can't apply the patch because she doesn't have a pre-patch version that the patching utility recognizes. She's SOL, because she didn't know the correct game version or check with her "vendor" before her purchase. Ultimately, that's her own fault.

And yeah, I have first hand knowledge of the normal way of things. I haven't payed for a game (well, an EA game) since BV due to SecuROM and how they treated their customers and continue to treat their customers. Note that I am happily playing a patched TS3.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 July 07, 22:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu and Roflganger, thank you for explaining my situation re the bandwidth in SA.   

It is prohibitively expensive in SA to download 5.5 gigs as each gig costs R100, and as I could not afford that nor to buy the retail version which was four times the price of the arr'd one, that was my only option.  I actually did not know that I would be taking a risk by buying this copy, but it looks like I'm paying for it now with a game which cannot be patched.  I thank you for explaining the situation and it may be my fault but financial circumstances dictated my position, so I came on here hoping that there might be a fix. 

Looks like I will have to get used to the slow speed of sleeping and working.  The rest of the game is running peachily and I even downloaded all the content off the EA site and it is working perfectly, so it is not all bad.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 July 07, 22:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I NEVER rush to be the first one to use a new EA patch.  I have been burned by EA that way too many times.  In most cases, the new patch has introduced newer problems to replace the old ones, ones we usually already understood and had workarounds for.  

And sometimes it was absolutely DISASTROUS.  I suppose the worst one was the Hot Date patch way back when, which deserves its own Harvard business school study in QA incompetence and trademark self-immolation.  Disastrously borked.  Everybody complained.  EA got defensive and tried to say it was okay.  Then weeks later, they acknowledged it was a mistake and removed the patch from the download site.  In the meantime, everybody was scrambling to get copies of the original unpatched .EXE because EA provided no way to unpatch.  They finally came out with a Hot Date patch v2, just a week or so before the next EP, which was Vacation.  And a lot of people wouldn't buy or touch Vacation with a ten-foot pole because there were fears that it would include the borked Hot Date patch.

« Last Edit: 2009 July 07, 23:04:26 by Doc Doofus » Logged

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 July 08, 01:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, God, I remember that.  My game was so messed up I had to call Maxis tech support.  I was a 12 at the time, so when they told me that I had to delete all my custom content, I did it.  I had actually paid for a lot of the stuff- WDS and TSR had just gone pay, if I remember correctly.  A subscription is a lot when it's your entire allowance.  I was so pissed when I found out that the CC had nothing to do with my issues.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 July 08, 02:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember going to Maxis for help. One of my sims was stuck and I'd clicked 'delete' or something. The Maxoid gimp told me my sim was non-recoverable once deleted, so I trashed my hood. Then on the forums I discovered that a deleted sim just appears by the letterbox on the next lot load. I was spewing. I've never bothered with their their tech help - or that of EAxis - ever since.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009 July 08, 05:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu and Roflganger, thank you for explaining my situation re the bandwidth in SA.   

It is prohibitively expensive in SA to download 5.5 gigs as each gig costs R100, and as I could not afford that nor to buy the retail version which was four times the price of the arr'd one, that was my only option.  I actually did not know that I would be taking a risk by buying this copy, but it looks like I'm paying for it now with a game which cannot be patched.  I thank you for explaining the situation and it may be my fault but financial circumstances dictated my position, so I came on here hoping that there might be a fix. 

Looks like I will have to get used to the slow speed of sleeping and working.  The rest of the game is running peachily and I even downloaded all the content off the EA site and it is working perfectly, so it is not all bad.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Pay someone to download and mail it to you from overseas, might be cheaper Wink
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 July 08, 07:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, if I find someone here is SA who has a retail copy, is it possible to make a copy of that using a copy tool like Nero?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 July 08, 07:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easily. Where do you think pirated versions come from?

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: 2009 July 08, 08:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would use Alcohol 120% rather than Nero though, if they have it installed.

LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 July 09, 17:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the links to the "Bin" Folder seem broken. I have the rld to RZR version 1.0.631.00002. I need a proper link. A torrent would be sexy. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 09, 17:38:39 by LOolyharb » Logged
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 July 10, 17:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From there I was able to fully patch the game (Thanks to several substitute files generously offered here.  Cheesy
(Especially helpful was the Bin directory uploaded by Zamboni IIRC).

By now almost the complete DVD must have been uploaded so it should be possible to stitch a game (less the data files) together like that.

During the update i'm getting error messages on some files. I wanted to ask is everyone getting errors from the Bin Folder only? Or do I need to download other files from other folders? I need some clarification cause I'm lost about which folders i need to download to finish this thing. I managed to get the patch working on a RLD to RZR patched game. Now I need to know what I have to download to fix the file errors.Could someone tell me what folders they have modified or fixed/replaced to stop the borking of the updater?
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 July 10, 19:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that the amount of files declared as bad differs with almost every installation. Some people only had to change a few files while I had to exchange almost the complete bin folder, the complete /bin/bin folder and the complete /bin/help folder.
Which makes absolutely no sense to me -  why should it matter to a game installed in en-US, that some help file in cc-CZ fails the checksum test. Hell why would the game (in worldwide edition) even install some 20 extra languages that clearly never going to be used. Just another EAXis fail (one carried over from TS2 already)

I think you don't have a choice but to start the patch process over and download/replace according to the error messages until the whole process goes through.
The alternative would be to d/l an actual torrent/DDL preferably with an already patched version of TS3.

-le
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009 July 11, 09:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you don't have a choice but to start the patch process over and download/replace according to the error messages until the whole process goes through.

That's where my problem is. The replacing. Do I use my cd to replace the files? I don't think I should since it's RLD and the installed version on the PC is RLD to RZR now. I need someone with a patched game to please upload this folder : C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin {aprox 70 MB}.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 July 11, 10:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bin.rar

Now stop squawkin'.

It's 113 MB in my game and compresses to 36MB. This is from the retail version.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 July 11, 11:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bin.rar

Now stop squawkin'.

It's 113 MB in my game and compresses to 36MB. This is from the retail version.

Thanks, this is great!

This is the first solution I've seen to the launcher installing CC being a bitch, which I am now fairly certain is a problem with the Reloaded to Razor mini-patch causing the launcher to shit itself. Need MOAR thanks.
nasos
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009 July 12, 09:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys!,I have a problem with the FullBuild0!! Can someone please upload it!?You know I was *beep* by Reloaded! I have changed the .bin folder and know my game version is (legal??) because the browser is version 1.0.631.00002 and it automatically finds update.But the patch says the classical invalid file at the FullBuild0 so can someone upload it and Please!! IT has to be from a legal edition!
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009 July 12, 12:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if it was specifically mentioned before, but for all of you still complaining about RLD>RZR patched game and having a shit of a time messing with registry on XP, the exact location of the registry keys regarding game version can be found here:
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8}

Yeah have lots fun with that. You are all honestly better off reinstalling than touching that (don't touch if you have no clue what you are doing on a computer but somehow managed to get here and whine I'm looking at you Audrey, noob) but even then you might have to mess with pasting the bin folder files from what people have posted here, which is what I ended up doing after reinstalling from razor. The patch is evil :/
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: