More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:32:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch released.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch released.  (Read 139725 times)
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Patch released.
« on: 2009 June 25, 19:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-1206416818

You can't download it without registering though.

Complete list of changes:

* Addresses some issues with Speed 2 and 3 moving too slowly. Some machines will have better results when using Speed 2 and 3 now.
    * Fix to story progression on/off selection toggle.
    * Fix for a possible crash with audio code.
    * Fix for babysitter routing off lots with babies.
    * Addresses some issues with Vsync and refresh rate problems.
    * Addresses some issues with DVD authentication errors and drive compatibility on startup.
    * This update deals with some issues on Mac systems that can crash the game while connecting to AFP servers.
    * Fix for a freeze that can occur when Sims attempt to clean out bad food from the fridge.

No stopping the random move-outs then?

Moderator edit: Installation problems?  Try this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15590.msg448078.html#msg448078
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 03:23:11 by BastDawn » Logged
minx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patch released.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 25, 19:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im registered/logged in/the whole shebang and it still won't download properly for me. don't waste your time, its making the game unplayable for alot of people.. new crashes and bugs left and right.
Nevearo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 25, 20:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch doesn't work if you have certain mods, like the Nudity mod, installed.

The sims likes to censor me on their official forums. Too many of my statements end up critical to EA, so I have a question for anyone who can figure it out regarding the patch...
Can anyone tell me which of the 8 items required the changing of the file to a degree that I am unable to patch because I installed the nudity mod?
Did they at least fix the performance issue not having the nudity mod caused?

I have this paranoid suspicion that this took so long in coming because they spent so much of their effort closing loopholes in modding. Do I have some random insights coming here, or is it pure paranoia?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 25, 20:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-1206416818

You can't download it without registering though.

Pes says otherwise:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15531.msg447362.html#msg447362

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 25, 20:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No stopping the random move-outs then?

I have a feeling they don't see that as a bug, but as a "feature".  Which is why I'm not even bothering with the patch - Pescado has already fixed the actual bugs, as well as the ones EA put in on purpose.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 25, 20:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will the no-cd part of the awesome mod work after patching, or will we need a new crack?
I don't really want 'please insert disk' messages  and all that flaff.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 25, 20:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does not affect the awesome mod.

I am not registered and installed it just fine ... using the launcher that does not care if you are registered or not, also I did not noticed any immediate crashes.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 25, 20:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But regarding my cracked exe, it would be an out of date executable now, right?
We probably need a new no-cd, otherwise you've got a 'cocktail of death' or something.. Tongue
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 25, 21:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only this to EA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS5QMT-JUt4

dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 25, 22:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing this (actually uninstalling Sims 3, reinstallling and patching, having awesome mod not work, uninstalling Sims 3, and reinstalling and patching with the patch from the Razor torrent), I can no longer play with Awesomemod. The loading screen comes up, but nothing loads. It works when I remove Awesomemod from my mods folder though.

I got it to work with Awesomemod, but I ended up uninstalling all of the EA Store stuff I had. Now the launcher is completely useless Roll Eyes and fails at installing anything, but I could get everything except for Riverview to work with the Sims3Pack Multi Installer by Delphy. Is there any way other than though the Launcher to install Riverview?

After reinstalling again, and installing the EA Store stuff before the patch, everything is working now.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 26, 12:50:10 by dilpill » Logged

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 25, 23:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched and have awesomemod installed.  I don't have any issues. 

The only thing I saw that annoyed me was the babysitter had the baby in his hand then went to leave and jumped out and disappeared and my baby was on the ground outside.  I am glad he left the baby, but would be nice if he stuck it back in the crib.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 25, 23:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, it's been noted elsewhere that having the original version of the No Censor Mod (not Rick's) was causing the patch install to fail at 77%.  So I replaced that one with my backup, and downloaded Rick's mod.  Got to 81% this time, and it failed.  Would Delphy's slider (I only have the Body Slider Hack) cause any issues?  Or the No Intro Mod?  I know it's not Awesomemod because others are able to install the patch with it in.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Mooingloudly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 25, 23:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched my game with awesomemodnstalled. I did get the mysterious start up crash of doom! on first load up but now it's working properly. My speed three problems seem to be corrected as well which is nice.
Scottnc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 26, 00:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, it's been noted elsewhere that having the original version of the No Censor Mod (not Rick's) was causing the patch install to fail at 77%.  So I replaced that one with my backup, and downloaded Rick's mod.  Got to 81% this time, and it failed.  Would Delphy's slider (I only have the Body Slider Hack) cause any issues?  Or the No Intro Mod?  I know it's not Awesomemod because others are able to install the patch with it in.

I removed all mods and replaced them one by one til I found the culprit on my game.  The only one causing my game to crash on the load screen was the 'facialhack.package'.  After I removed this, everything loaded properly.  Hope this helps.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 26, 00:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll let you guys be the guinea pigs for the patch.  (And isn't it disgusting that a patch needs guinea pigs at all?  It undermines the whole intent of a patch.)  From what I read of the improvements, it sounds like there's nothing there to make it worth the hassle.  I'll wait for patch 2.0.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
vincemw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 26, 00:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch works fine for me, haven't had a crash yet. I have a few nudity mods and an uncensor mod too, as well as several other mods
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 26, 00:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed all mods and replaced them one by one til I found the culprit on my game.  The only one causing my game to crash on the load screen was the 'facialhack.package'.  After I removed this, everything loaded properly.  Hope this helps.

If that is for reducing the restrictions on the facial sliders then that conflicts with AwesomeMod, AwesomeMod has included that.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
eforrest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 26, 01:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't download it!  It's a mess of a patch.  My game now crashes every single time my sim tries to use a phone.
modelchick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 26, 01:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone be so kind as to provide the original shaders package file to reverse the no censor mod. I'm getting the update failure too. I totally forgot to back up the file.
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 26, 01:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've mirrored it at: http://rapidshare.com/files/248702881/Shaders_Win32.precomp.zip
modelchick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 26, 01:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I actually found the original file on the disk. Silly me I should've known it'd be there.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 26, 01:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved all my sub-folders out of the mods folder and only kept AwesomeMod and noIntro packages. The patch and game loading seemed to work fine. I am even sure that I used phones after patching without any problems.
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 26, 02:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting an invalid file found while trying to update.  Can someone provide the contents from this folder and upload them for me please?

Game\Bin\HelpPages\CZE_CZ\

It's specifically crashing on: Game\Bin\HelpPages\CZE_CZ\Help_Updates.html but I figure I'd copy the entire contents of the folder.  I have the RLD version updated to RZR but without the 632 patch.

I can find the files on the game disc but it does nothing to copy them over to game directory so I'm guessing it's a problem from RLD version
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 26, 02:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://rapidshare.com/files/248708366/CZE_CZ.rar
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 26, 02:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your file worked great and there was indeed a discrepancy with the Help_Updates.html file.  It seems however there is a problem with the other Help_Updates.html files from that same folder.  Now it's whining about the DAN_DK Help_Updates.html file.  I must again request if you could upload the entire contents from the HelpPages (~500KB)?

Thanks for any help.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: