More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:54:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch released.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch released.  (Read 140466 times)
JenWolfe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Patch released.
« Reply #75 on: 2009 June 27, 00:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to play my game since installing the patch... as soon as it hits the loading screen, it crashes. Anyone else dealing with this?
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 June 27, 00:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  I am getting an error saying it won't work on "this version" of the game. I tried the Razor version patch, since I have arr-style Ts3.

Under Windows you can change that in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3\
set SKU to 2 (decimal)
unfortunately I haven't the slightest clue how that's organized in a MAC.

I finally made it to 87% now I'm stuck at \Bin\Sims3GDF.dll
I have the Rld-version and that apparently doesn't cut it even though the RZR patch didn't seem to have updated that file.

I guess I'm giving up, trash the whole thing and stick with yesterday's awesomemod version

-le
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 June 27, 00:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

set SKU to 2 (decimal)

In the Mac side I found this as the corresponding entry in the registry:

[Software\\Sims\\The Sims 3] 1246040350
"Country"="IT"
"DisplayName"="The Sims 3"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Play\\The Sims 3"
"Locale"="en-US"
"SKU"=dword:00000001
"Telemetry"=dword:00000000

SKU is apparently set to 1, though, I don't know what this means :/.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Houka
Tasty Tourist

Toxic

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 June 27, 00:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  I am getting an error saying it won't work on "this version" of the game. I tried the Razor version patch, since I have arr-style Ts3.

set SKU to 2 (decimal)

I have the Rld-version and that apparently doesn't cut it even though the RZR patch didn't seem to have updated that file.

I guess I'm giving up, trash the whole thing and stick with yesterday's awesomemod version

-le

Argh! D:
I have the same problem! Anybody know a fix to this? Or upload their Sims3GDF.dll file?
troynalley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 June 27, 01:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

set SKU to 2 (decimal)

-le

Argh! D:
I have the same problem! Anybody know a fix to this? Or upload their Sims3GDF.dll file?

Iam having the exact same promblem
DJKID
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2009 June 27, 01:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the entire "..\Game\Bin" folder, pulled straight off my CD, in two parts. Contains Sims3GDF.dll and Shaders_Win32.precomp. Decided to .rar the whole thing in case we get anymore problem files.

Part One: http://www.box.net/shared/ykuf4fkhl7
Part Deux: http://www.box.net/shared/u5zofkx1k9

"Please proceed into Android Hell."
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 June 27, 01:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the entire "..\Game\Bin" folder, pulled straight off my CD, in two parts. Contains Sims3GDF.dll and Shaders_Win32.precomp. Decided to .rar the whole thing in case we get anymore problem files.

Maybe the OP or BastDawn could link to this post so all the tards, noobs, and sheeple will find it right away since they won't read the whole thread?

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Houka
Tasty Tourist

Toxic

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 June 27, 02:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks soo much for that upload! I tried to replace that file, however, and it didn't work.
Simply replacing it probably won't do the job D:
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2009 June 27, 02:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  Mine is STILL hanging the install at the stupid executable for the shitty Launcher.  Why in the hell would it throw all sorts of fits with that bloody thing?

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Can't fix my problem.  I guess I'll never be able to install this fucking thing unless I want to spend the rest of the night uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 June 27, 03:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, in the time you've spent whining about it, you COULD simply have reinstalled.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2009 June 27, 03:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know.  It's a fucking shame.

Edit:  Well, done uninstalling and reinstalling, and it installed this time (of course).  Yeah, Pescado, I know I should have done that in the first place when it kept failing, so that's my own epic failure.  I guess what annoys me the most is that I still am puzzled as to why it was failing on the Launcher in the first place.  No one else seemed to have that problem.  I don't use the silly thing, but apparently it had become corrupted in some way?  Jesus fuck.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 03:39:11 by Zaphod Beeblebrox » Logged

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 June 27, 04:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm gonna try it with the Image-Disc version from Demonoid, probably tomorrow, and I'll tell you if it worked or not.

Nothing to see here.
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 June 27, 06:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone now having trouble installing downloaded content? My installer seems to be acting up after I installed the patch...

More Awesome Sig
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 June 27, 06:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right. After much trepidation I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet, and can confirm that I was able to successfully patch the arrr'd Razor version on a mac, using the link provided by Marhis. However, I did previously install the launcher update, so I'm not sure if that affected it or not. (For some reason, prior to this the game refused to load until the launcher was updated, even when not running directly from it.)

I also installed the latest version of AwesomeMod, with no glaringly obvious problems yet. There were no error messages when installing the patch, and (knock on wood) no crashes when loading the game, though I only tried it once. I didn't have much time to test out gameplay, but there is now a more noticeable difference between speeds 2 and 3.

<snip>

In the Mac side I found this as the corresponding entry in the registry:

[Software\\Sims\\The Sims 3] 1246040350
"Country"="IT"
"DisplayName"="The Sims 3"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Play\\The Sims 3"
"Locale"="en-US"
"SKU"=dword:00000001
"Telemetry"=dword:00000000

SKU is apparently set to 1, though, I don't know what this means :/.

I'm willing to check mine to see if there are any differences, but am not sure where to look on a mac.

I sing along with elevator music.
TwoToot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 June 27, 07:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch installed fine here, left my mods alone, and fixed the > and >> buttons.

Happy Simmer I R.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 June 27, 07:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched and have awesomemod installed.  I don't have any issues. 

The only thing I saw that annoyed me was the babysitter had the baby in his hand then went to leave and jumped out and disappeared and my baby was on the ground outside.  I am glad he left the baby, but would be nice if he stuck it back in the crib.

Mine did this without the patch. Well... I was watching and saw the babysitter start to leave, so I clicked on the baby and chose an interaction... change diaper, I think. Then then the babysitter jumped out, disappeared, leaving the baby on the floor. So maybe my interacting did it, and the patch makes it happen automatically?
And is it just me, or are the babysitters worse than the nannies were in TS2? I had a house with a toddler and two infants and by the time the parents got home from a funeral they were all orange-mood and desperate to be fed. The babysitter, meanwhile, was standing on the porch. Ugh.

INTP.
pennyhugo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 June 27, 08:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've patched mine, see where the patch stops for files not found and change those files in the game bin. I have the RZR one and patched it also from RZR's patch. File errors were skuversion, Shader_Win32.precomp, and TSLHost.dll. In skuversion, I just changed GameVersion to RZR's version unpatched, took out the Shader_Win32.precomp and TSLHost.dll files from RZR's ISO and replaced the files from the Game/Bin. Patched it with the latest patch after taking all the Mods and Resource file and deleted all cache files from My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and voila! it worked. No hangs and freezes but Im also looking out if there'll be bugs...
Hope this helps.... xoxox

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 June 27, 09:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm gonna get a new TS3 (released version) for this issue as my  reloaded > razor version just isn't co-operating with any of my three patches and various files have been added/modded.

Has anyone got a good TS3 arr link as TPB and mininova are showing very poor amount of seeds, and I don't fancy the Taiwan version, theres enough complications already  Tongue

Thanks
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 June 27, 09:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm gonna get a new TS3 (released version) for this issue as my  reloaded > razor version just isn't co-operating with any of my three patches and various files have been added/modded.

Has anyone got a good TS3 arr link as TPB and mininova are showing very poor amount of seeds, and I don't fancy the Taiwan version, theres enough complications already  Tongue

Thanks

Look through this post to see if any of it helps with the problems you're facing with RLD > RZR version.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15531.msg448070.html#msg448070
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 June 27, 09:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks

Look through this post to see if any of it helps with the problems you're facing with RLD > RZR version.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15531.msg448070.html#msg448070
Thanks, I will try that registry editing trick now.
However, I'm not looking forward to messing with windows registry files every time a patch/EP/SP comes out, so a good arr'ed physical disc version would still be a good idea I suspect.

EDIT: I've got Vista 32. The registry layout is different.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 09:54:37 by tizerist » Logged
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 June 27, 10:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm willing to check mine to see if there are any differences, but am not sure where to look on a mac.

You can find all the registry entries in

/Users/<your account>/Library/Preferences/The Sims 3 Preferences/system.reg

Open it with any text editor. There are many other .reg files, but I don't know what exactly they are for.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 June 27, 11:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bah.. SKU is right in reg, SKU is right in text, giving me fits on the skuversion.txt file. 97percent then fail. Worldwide version. I suppose I will just reinstall at this point getting someone with a unpatched skuversion.txt is not likely.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 June 27, 11:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one.  It is the retail version.

I have not patched yet because EA seems to not be able to handle my terabyte drive and gives me a message that I do not have enough drive space to install.  I have been going back and forth with EA Tech Service.

* skuversion.txt (0.15 KB - downloaded 336 times.)
Hawg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 June 27, 14:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one.  It is the retail version.

I have not patched yet because EA seems to not be able to handle my terabyte drive and gives me a message that I do not have enough drive space to install.  I have been going back and forth with EA Tech Service.

Same issue. Its a complete joke.

I downloaded the patch here though:
http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/patches-the-sims-3/

Make sure you DL the correct version: The one that says US/English is NOT the UK patch. The other is for all other regions except the US.

The Resource Config file is causing my game to hang during loading. Remove it and it all works fine.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 June 27, 14:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch halts at 89% because it seems to be missing this file: Sims3Launcher.resources.dll  and is supposedly to be located in Game\Bin\bin\cs_CZ, but is abscent from my computer. I have installed the worldwide version of the game and I haven't patched it before this.

Any idéas as to where I can find this file? I cleaned out my pc a week ago and threw away the TheSims3.iso and since it took me 5 days to download the blasted thing I am reluctant to do so again only to find a file. Although I imagine it is unavoidable should it become evident that the launcher is somehow corrupted. And before you ask, yes, I have searched through all folders under The Sims 3 and haven't found the file in question.

- INTJ -
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: