More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 02:44:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch released.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch released.  (Read 140476 times)
Vanni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patch released.
« Reply #150 on: 2009 July 02, 05:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know. I just chose the most stable torrent I could find.

I did update it properly once I found out about the registry fix and the patch fix.

How I missed that while reading the damn thread, I know no idea.  Grin

Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 July 02, 06:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, please correct me if I am wrong:

The latest version of Pescado's Awesomemod will not work without the latest patch from EA?
If that is the case, I need to download a version of the patch in order to have my game speed up and also to access Pescado's latest hacks?

Checking in the .sku file I have version 615 of the Sims 3.  I bought my game in South Africa.

Please can somebody guide me step by step through what patch I need to download to get it and awesomemod working in my game.

Thank you in advance.

Editing to say that if I can't get the patch working after someone kindly directs me on what to do, then how do I get the previous version of Awesomemod back assuming my first sentence is correct.

Can somebody please help me.  Pretty please.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 July 02, 06:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can somebody please help me.  Pretty please.

If someone has the answer, and wants to share it, they will.  Asking three times does not magically make people willing to help.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 July 02, 07:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Around here nagging tends to attract very negative attention.

*witch peers closely at the thread

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 July 02, 08:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I know I am officially nagging, but my questions were phrased in such a way as to give yes, no answers, except about the patch download.  

When I go into skuversion.txt, my game version says 1.0.615.00107.  Can anyone tell me if I can manually change the 615 to a 632 and can I change the 00107 to something else - will that help with downloading the patch?

Thank you.  I am not windows literate so I just really hope that someone comes along who is 'willing to help'.  Otherwise, why is this thread here?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 02, 08:47:30 by Audrey » Logged
alia
Asinine Airhead

Ms. Smarty Pants

View Profile
Re: Patching Problem? One step solution here!
« Reply #155 on: 2009 July 02, 08:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having trouble patching? Here's what to do:

First download this file:

Note:
This is for region 2 (ie. European version) of TS3. If you have the region 1 (ie. US version) then please seek help elsewhere. To find out which version you have, open TS3 game launcher and check lower left corner. Then quickly close the launcher for it will open a portal to the depths of hell and release evils of unimaginable horror.

1. Modify HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3\SKU value to 2
(For 32bit, the key is under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3). If you're on XP, GBAD for all the shit you've been giving us Vista users.
2. Extract content of the above package and override the files in your TS3 folder.
3. Apply the [url=http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe]Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe
patch.
4. Apply Awesomemod (cause it's awesome and TS3 would not be worth playing w/o it)
5. Huh
6. PROFIT!!!

More Note:
If you got *bleep* over by Reloaded like I did, you need to download a patch that will replace the FullBuild0.package file. The correct file size should be 1,023,864,748 bytes. If you don't know how to get it, you do not deserve to play this game.

Credit:
- I stole all the files off the interwebs, mostly from this board.
- Awesomemod is made by J. M. Pescado, who shall always be praised as the one true god. Also if you're the FBI looking for a scapegoat, he's the mastermind behind it all.
- The credit for other files I'm too lazy to look up or list. I claim no authority over them nor responsiblity. Use at your own risk.

I have region 2 game and this worked for me without having to modify any keys.
(I tried looking for the key but couldn't find it, so perhaps I'm just not awesome enough.  Undecided)
Anyways, worked like a charm. Thanks! Cheesy
Grumblesnort
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 July 02, 09:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I have nothing better to do right now at 4:30am, I'll go through it.

The latest version of Pescado's Awesomemod will not work without the latest patch from EA?
Correct. Pescado has already answered this question, probably more than once, but I only caught it the first time. Also, the information is on the Awesome Mod download page that the patch is now figured into the mod.

Quote from: Audrey
If that is the case, I need to download a version of the patch in order to have my game speed up and also to access Pescado's latest hacks?
Correct. You need to bring your game from whatever version you have to 127.

Checking in the .sku file I have version 615 of the Sims 3.  I bought my game in South Africa.
This, I believe, is partially why no one has answered thus far. I, myself, have seen perhaps only one other mention of a version 615, and no patch links were involved. It's my understanding that your best bet is to go the official route and ask your regional customer service about the problem. If all else fails, succumb to the evil of the launcher and pray for the best.

Please can somebody guide me step by step through what patch I need to download to get it and awesomemod working in my game.
That's not likely to happen, for the reason mentioned in my above statement, and because if the information is available, it's already in this thread or another.

Editing to say that if I can't get the patch working after someone kindly directs me on what to do, then how do I get the previous version of Awesomemod back assuming my first sentence is correct.
The only way to get an earlier, unsupported version of Awesome Mod is to hope someone else has been saving them all along and is willing to share with you.

Okay, I know I am officially nagging, but my questions were phrased in such a way as to give yes, no answers, except about the patch download. 
You didn't get them because all of the answers you requested are already available.

My next problem is that I reinstalled awesomemod pre patch version because I couldn't use the most recent version because I need help to install the patch. 

I went into showconfig to see all the options.  I want to enable the CAS slider range so I typed in EXACTLY what the code was followed by the : True and it came up with 'unknown command cassliderscaleincreased.  So then I tried itwithout the : and it still came up with the same error message.
You stated this a little too vaguely to truly describe what's happening. Did you actually type out "setconfig cassliderscaleincreased true" and it came up as unknown? My problem with typing in the commands is that I almost always put an extra 'S' at the end of "cas", resulting in error. If you've ruled these common issues out, it narrows down the possibilities. It helps potential repliers offer viable solutions if they know what you've already ruled out on your own. Also, give exact version numbers, like 1.0.615.00003 instead of just "615", as I can't imagine most would know every region number available. On occasion, it also helps to know what operating system you're running, so people can provide you with "step-by-step" instructions that actually pertain to your setup.

Could anyone kindly enlighten me as to what I need to do to fix this problem.  I really need the facial sliders.
I had to chuckle at this, because it seems that asking someone to do something "kindly" almost never results in a kindly done action. Especially not here. Shame on you for being so demanding!
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 July 02, 09:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grumblesnort,  I do thank you for this info.  I won't ask what you are doing up so late.  It is 11h20 am in SA now.  

I managed to fix my problems with the CAS (I didn't put in 'setconfig')

You have no idea how many threads I have trundled through to try an find answers to my questions.  

Okay, actual version number is 1.0.615.00107 and I'm on Windows XP  

Thanks again for your patience and help.  

« Last Edit: 2009 July 02, 09:32:08 by Audrey » Logged
Zamboni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 July 02, 15:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried reinstalling the reloaded version that was the 615 release. Then I updated it using the reloaded to razor patch download. And the sku version says it's 1.0.631.00002...which is the retail, as it should be.

Then I downloaded the 1.2.7.00002 from 1.0.631.00002 from a link here. And it says it's the wrong damn region. Which is bullshit.

What should I do here?
Edit registry so that the sku matches. Instruction on previous page in my post.
Caffeinated
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 July 02, 16:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone figured out how to fix the patch stalling on sims3Launcher.exe? I've tried reinstalling, to see if it was just an outdated launcher, but that seemed to do nothing but waste my time.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 July 02, 16:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I restored the game to it's original state. Any mods that overwrite the original files, like AG's camera mod, I took out and put the original files back in. Moved the Mod folder and Resource.cfg to desktop, then installed the patch. That worked for me.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Caffeinated
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 July 02, 18:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the quick reply, brownlustgirl. I did as you suggested, moving the Resource.cfg to desktop, (no mods to delete or Mod folder to move yet) and it is still throwing up errors at 81%, Launcher.exe.

I *think* I have restored it to original condition as best I can, I have reinstalled twice now, including scouring the registry for hanging threads, but found nothing. I guess I will just keep plugging away trying to find the magic file that's bothering it about the Launcher.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 July 02, 18:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If reinstalling the game didn't help, I don't know what could be stop installing the patch short of EA borking it.

Maybe you can get help in this thread. Search the thread using Sims 3 Patch.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
mightymaroon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 July 02, 23:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone have a bad game bin tsl host.dll that stopped the patch? I tried to find it but Wow is there a lot of stuff covered in this thread. So sorry if someone already asked this.
mightymaroon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 July 02, 23:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind fixed it  Shocked Kiss my bad i found the answer here. Grin
Caffeinated
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009 July 03, 00:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If reinstalling the game didn't help, I don't know what could be stop installing the patch short of EA borking it.

Maybe you can get help in this thread. Search the thread using Sims 3 Patch.

Thanks for that link. I haven't found the answer yet, but there are a couple of ideas in there that I haven't tried.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009 July 03, 01:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you really now? Someone has recorded some instructions here in this clip.

There are no previous versions of Awesomemod. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 July 03, 17:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, she probably bought it at a flea market where people will very happily sell you ARRed goods.  Every flea market in SA has at least 10 vendors hawking poorly burned CDs with badly photocopied covers.

cherrynkinnz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 July 04, 04:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my story:
I'm using a crack and I installed the patch with the launcher.
Luckily for me, I saved the original sims 3 exe. So I don't know if it matters, but I renamed my crack exe something else and reused the original's exe.
Opened the launcher, I have the US version so...yeah.
I didn't have to register, and I didn't.
Installed patch, and closed everything. Reused the crack exe, and my game is up and running.
And I have the awesome mod installed, and it still works. Tested by using maxmotives.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 July 04, 15:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm officially frustrated, and have limited free time to PLAY TS3, much less time to dink around with patches that refuse to work. RAWR!

Nutshell: Originally had RLD, updated to RZR.

Patches here ( http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/patches-the-sims-3/ ) say "the installed game region is incorrect." I tried both, to be sure. Botheration. Game version claims to be 1.0.631.00002.

Tried replacing default Shaders_Win32.precomp, in case the altered Shaders_Win32.precomp was causing the problem. No go.

Tried removing Packages folder. No go.

Tried swapping out default skuversion.txt file for recommended new skuversion.txt file. Nope. Fail.

Also, not that it seems like it would matter, but I removed my four Cache files before trying to update, because I was installing new content and some pattern packages.

Did I miss any other suggestions in this thread I could try? I'm re-reading, but it looks like the other suggestions refer to non-00002 versions, or include stuff I have already tried.

NOW what?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
firerayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 July 04, 20:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone help me, I removed my mods installed the patch which crashed halfway thru now its made my game implode! I want to reinstall but I need to back up all the stuff i put in with the sims instaler but where is it kept? I can't find it please help!!
Muffinator
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 July 05, 04:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone figured out how to fix the patch stalling on sims3Launcher.exe? I've tried reinstalling, to see if it was just an outdated launcher, but that seemed to do nothing but waste my time.

Do you have Rick & Delphy's CAS Slider Hack?  If you do, delete the files and install the newly updated ones for the patch.  My launcher kept crashing and then I had checked my hacks for updates.  I updated that file and was able to install things again.  It's late and time for sleeping, so I haven't tried to play my game again tonight, but am hoping the damn thing works.  I am also hoping that the patch fixes the stupid restart your computer 3 times before you can play thing I have going on.  But I'm not holding my breath.
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 July 05, 15:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm officially frustrated, and have limited free time to PLAY TS3, much less time to dink around with patches that refuse to work. RAWR!

Nutshell: Originally had RLD, updated to RZR.

Patches here ( http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/patches-the-sims-3/ ) say "the installed game region is incorrect." I tried both, to be sure. Botheration. Game version claims to be 1.0.631.00002.

Tried replacing default Shaders_Win32.precomp, in case the altered Shaders_Win32.precomp was causing the problem. No go.

Tried removing Packages folder. No go.

Tried swapping out default skuversion.txt file for recommended new skuversion.txt file. Nope. Fail.

NOW what?

I was kind of in the same situation. RLD Version with RLD to RZR Patch.
After several fails with the original EAxis Patch I ended up with a half patched game and a borked Launcher.exe.
(Which I still use in cases where jFade's program chokes).
To work around the "wrong region" problem I unpacked the Patchfile first with UNIEXTRACT
That gave me a subdir "Disk1" with the appr. setup.exe inside.
From there I was able to fully patch the game (Thanks to several substitute files generously offered here.  Cheesy
(Especially helpful was the Bin directory uploaded by Zamboni IIRC).

By now almost the complete DVD must have been uploaded so it should be possible to stitch a game (less the data files) together like that.
In case you're still missing any files just say the word andI'll put them on box.net or s/th.

-le
« Last Edit: 2009 July 05, 15:54:15 by Leticron » Logged
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 July 07, 09:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you really now? Someone has recorded some instructions here in this clip.

There are no previous versions of Awesomemod. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Now, that isn't very nice is it, Mr Pescado?  All I'm trying to do is download the freaking patch and trying to get info to do it.  That doesn't make me an idiot, it makes me windows-challenged and clueless about registries and such. 

I'm SURE you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but did you not amend your Awesomemod so that it would be compatible with the patch?  That to me would mean that there was a pre-patch version. 

I'll repeat the information in the hope that someone will be able to guide me through what to do with my version.

Version number is 1.0.615.00107 and I'm on Windows XP. 
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009 July 07, 09:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point is, if you have version .615, you either did not buy it but are too much of an idiot to admit it, or you are an idiot and bought it from a flea market that happily took your money for the non-retail version.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 07, 09:50:24 by Roflganger » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: