More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:39:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch released.
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch released.  (Read 140646 times)
minx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patch released.
« Reply #125 on: 2009 June 29, 04:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my attempts to install the patch are giving me a lovely "installed version of the application could not be determined" error, most likely because its installed on the E drive, and such newfangled super advanced things like having 2 drives is way too much for EA to comprehend.  Roll Eyes no clue how to fix it though.

That can't be the problem.  I have TS3 installed on E: and had no problem patching.

interesting. I do have a RAID, if that makes any difference.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 June 29, 05:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have RAID, so that could be it (although I'm not sure why that would make a difference).

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 June 29, 07:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I have a RAID array and it works fine.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 June 29, 08:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you do if you have the arr version razor/reloaded and the patch says incorrect version (when you know they are both XXXX.0002) and there is no version information stored under any Sims 3 folder (that I can find even following the instructions in this thread and others).

Does anybody know if further awesome mod downloads will even be compatible if I continue to be unable to patch?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 June 29, 08:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You reinstall with a proper ISO.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 June 29, 09:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next AwesomeMod will include specialized, fine-tuned no-nudity-censor controls.

Fine-overtuned, if I may say. I don't want the censor off because I want to peep at dangly bits of digital people, I just want that stupid distracting pixelation off my screen. I don't mind if it shows them crapping through their pants. I hope that anticensor mod from MTS works along with new patch.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2009 June 29, 12:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope that anti-censor mod from MTS works along with new patch.

It does on my legit copy with Awesome Mod & other tunings from Pudding Factory.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 June 29, 17:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One other, kinda serious thing that went wrong when I had the latest Awesomemod w/o the patch was the game would freeze on the load screen when I tried to use the mirror [sim name] cheat, and I think the dresser cheat too.

Could you clarify, please? You're getting the Old Car CTD issue because your use the mirror/dresser cheats? How do you know they are connected? (I'm really interested as I have been getting those crashes and use those cheats more than any other--fugly townies give me hives.)

INTP.
minx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 June 29, 21:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I have a RAID array and it works fine.

Wierd. I finally got it to work last night after renaming my InstallShield file to InstallShieldold.. dunno why or how it worked, but it did.
Anuminous
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 June 30, 02:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I'm no quitter, I'll play your game. I've read this thread, and I'm kind of at a loss...

Has anyone patched the "arr-vesion" 1.0.631.00003 (from what I've read, that's the pirated retail version from some part of Asia... Definitely wouldn't have installed an Asian version if I knew at the time, but the language is all English so I never noticed) I'll edit the registry, whatever I need to do, I just need to know *what* to do...

*EDIT: I'm running Windows XP, and the text file that came with my version says nothing about Razor or Reloaded.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 30, 02:57:55 by Anuminous » Logged
Zamboni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 June 30, 05:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I'm no quitter, I'll play your game. I've read this thread, and I'm kind of at a loss...

Has anyone patched the "arr-vesion" 1.0.631.00003 (from what I've read, that's the pirated retail version from some part of Asia... Definitely wouldn't have installed an Asian version if I knew at the time, but the language is all English so I never noticed) I'll edit the registry, whatever I need to do, I just need to know *what* to do...

*EDIT: I'm running Windows XP, and the text file that came with my version says nothing about Razor or Reloaded.
Well first thing you need to do is check your launcher and see exactly what version you have, then find a place to download the patch for that version / region.

You shouldn't change your registry unless you had a reloaded version (which is region 7) that was patched to conform with razor (region 2) w/o the registry change (ie. sku file reads 2, registry reads 7). Assuming the "arr" version is a retail clone, you should have no trouble patching as long as you can get this official patch
Brick_town
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 June 30, 15:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just get to 95% and it errors saying bin/skuversion.txt. I'm not what sure what to do can please someone advise me what needs to be done

I think I'm lost!
Zamboni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 June 30, 18:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just get to 95% and it errors saying bin/skuversion.txt. I'm not what sure what to do can please someone advise me what needs to be done
Depends on whether or not you have the file and which version of the game you have.
If you have region 2 (ie. 1.0.631.00002), type the following in a text file and save it as skuversion.txt in sims 3 \ game \ bin

GameVersion = 1.0.631.00002
Code:0.DL-0.0.11195
Asset:1.Content.Devtest.1397
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.933
TCC:1.TCC.dl.1209
CiderVersion#002432
Brick_town
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 June 30, 19:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Depends on whether or not you have the file and which version of the game you have.
If you have region 2 (ie. 1.0.631.00002), type the following in a text file and save it as skuversion.txt in sims 3 \ game \ bin

GameVersion = 1.0.631.00002
Code:0.DL-0.0.11195
Asset:1.Content.Devtest.1397
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.933
TCC:1.TCC.dl.1209
CiderVersion#002432

That didn't work, it keeps saying invalid file found =[

I think I'm lost!
Brick_town
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 June 30, 20:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

damn got to 97%, how stupid am i by deleting the iso =[ does anyone know where i can get the original TSLHost.dll

I think I'm lost!
Zamboni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 July 01, 07:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

damn got to 97%, how stupid am i by deleting the iso =[ does anyone know where i can get the original TSLHost.dll
Previous page of this thread, my post.
Grumblesnort
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 July 01, 08:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally, someone else who has the same version I do! I'll tell you first that I did manage to patch the game with no trouble at all once I followed Pescado's instructions (in the Awesome Mod download thread) on changing numbers in the link for whatever version you need. Unfortunately, on an identical twin computer, with an identical install of the Sims, the patch refuses to work. It continues to give the error message that the version is incorrect, despite the skuversion.txt file being the same as mine. I came here to lurk for help, so I'll be checking the registry of the other computer as soon as I can, with great hope that somehow it altered itself.

For reference, I'm running Vista 32 on both machines, sp1, I believe, though I've no idea if there are any others. As a note of interest, the computer having trouble with the patch also suffers the random load screen crashes while the easily patched computer has never been so unlucky.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 July 01, 13:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, please correct me if I am wrong:

The latest version of Pescado's Awesomemod will not work without the latest patch from EA?
If that is the case, I need to download a version of the patch in order to have my game speed up and also to access Pescado's latest hacks?

Checking in the .sku file I have version 615 of the Sims 3.  I bought my game in South Africa.

Please can somebody guide me step by step through what patch I need to download to get it and awesomemod working in my game.

Thank you in advance.

Editing to say that if I can't get the patch working after someone kindly directs me on what to do, then how do I get the previous version of Awesomemod back assuming my first sentence is correct. 

« Last Edit: 2009 July 01, 15:02:50 by Audrey » Logged
Brick_town
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 July 01, 14:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Previous page of this thread, my post.

Just read you comment, that still seems confusing, i can't download the thing you have posted

I think I'm lost!
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 July 01, 15:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, please correct me if I am wrong:

The latest version of Pescado's Awesomemod will not work without the latest patch from EA?
If that is the case, I need to download a version of the patch in order to have my game speed up and also to access Pescado's latest hacks?

Checking in the .sku file I have version 615 of the Sims 3.  I bought my game in South Africa.

Please can somebody guide me step by step through what patch I need to download to get it and awesomemod working in my game.

Thank you in advance.

Editing to say that if I can't get the patch working after someone kindly directs me on what to do, then how do I get the previous version of Awesomemod back assuming my first sentence is correct.
Grumblesnort
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 July 01, 15:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just checked the identical twin computer to my own that kept getting the "wrong version" message when trying to patch. As it turns out, the registry entry didn't alter itself, it was just never created. It didn't even bother with an empty folder. After exporting my own entry and inserting into the other computer's, the patch worked just fine. I'm going to chalk this up to another instance of Vista deciding what I can install and where, though it doesn't even have a clue as to what it is. Maybe those load screen crashes will stop now.

For reference, I'm talking about the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3] entry.
Zamboni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 July 01, 17:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just read you comment, that still seems confusing, i can't download the thing you have posted
Don't use the Rapidshare one since the bandwidth limit has been reached. Use the sendspace link. Open it with internet explorer (Firefox doesn't work for some reason).
troynalley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 July 02, 02:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i couldnt get mine to patch. soooo I just redownloaded the one on TPB(the one that has the most seeds) and uninstalled the one i had and reinstalled this one and without doing anything to it, i ran the 1.2 patch and it patched fine. i then added the crack and too daa it works great!!!!!!
Vanni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 July 02, 04:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried reinstalling the reloaded version that was the 615 release. Then I updated it using the reloaded to razor patch download. And the sku version says it's 1.0.631.00002...which is the retail, as it should be.

Then I downloaded the 1.2.7.00002 from 1.0.631.00002 from a link here. And it says it's the wrong damn region. Which is bullshit.

What should I do here?

Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 July 02, 04:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried reinstalling the reloaded version that was the 615 release. Then I updated it using the reloaded to razor patch download. And the sku version says it's 1.0.631.00002...which is the retail, as it should be.

Then I downloaded the 1.2.7.00002 from 1.0.631.00002 from a link here. And it says it's the wrong damn region. Which is bullshit.

What should I do here?

Don't instead the Beta version, install the Razor version. There's a damn good reason it was released as a "Proper".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: